• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:53
CEST 06:53
KST 13:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9850 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 702

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 700 701 702 703 704 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
HoMM
Profile Joined July 2010
Estonia636 Posts
January 30 2013 09:48 GMT
#14021


Awwwwwwwww, how cute!
SC2 Masters Protoss - LoL Diamond adc/support www.twitter.com/hommlol www.youtube.com/homm87
pb.fcnz
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada101 Posts
January 30 2013 09:49 GMT
#14022
Thought I'd give the thread a read to see what all this fuss about MLP was about. I thought it was just some bad 4chan troll all along until now.

Watched ep7, confused as to why anyone over the age of 12 would watch this (and I've read the arguments for MLP linked in original thread). Maybe I've watched too much anime, but I believe there are just much, MUCH better comics out there.

Production quality is indeed high but storyline, characters, cheesy songs... I wasn't impressed at all.

Seems to me like a fad, something on the fringe that people do to differentiate themselves from other groups/individuals.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
January 30 2013 10:28 GMT
#14023
On January 30 2013 18:49 pb.fcnz wrote:
Thought I'd give the thread a read to see what all this fuss about MLP was about. I thought it was just some bad 4chan troll all along until now.

Watched ep7, confused as to why anyone over the age of 12 would watch this (and I've read the arguments for MLP linked in original thread). Maybe I've watched too much anime, but I believe there are just much, MUCH better comics out there.

Production quality is indeed high but storyline, characters, cheesy songs... I wasn't impressed at all.

Seems to me like a fad, something on the fringe that people do to differentiate themselves from other groups/individuals.


Your inability to distinguish fads with people liking different things from you is your own failing, not ours.
TL+ Member
Boomerang
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States30 Posts
January 30 2013 15:03 GMT
#14024
I missed the last 2-3 episodes >_< Trying to wait for a time to watch those when possible. All I heard was that Tank makes a comeback and Spike gets all the mares! =o
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 17:04:46
January 30 2013 15:35 GMT
#14025
On January 31 2013 00:03 SonTran wrote:
I missed the last 2-3 episodes >_< Trying to wait for a time to watch those when possible. All I heard was that Tank makes a comeback and Spike gets all the mares! =o

Surely you must know the second part was fictitious. Spike is the most beta male ever + Show Spoiler [Not really a spoiler, don't open…] +
as one of the recent episodes shows.


In response to the spoilers I posted earlier, /mlp/ has errupted, and has been renamed "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW". It now has embedded weird sorrowful music on every page too, which I found quite fitting. All in all, amusing imho.
+ Show Spoiler [Minor future spoiler in image] +

[image loading]
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
pb.fcnz
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada101 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 15:45:32
January 30 2013 15:43 GMT
#14026
On January 30 2013 19:28 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2013 18:49 pb.fcnz wrote:
Thought I'd give the thread a read to see what all this fuss about MLP was about. I thought it was just some bad 4chan troll all along until now.

Watched ep7, confused as to why anyone over the age of 12 would watch this (and I've read the arguments for MLP linked in original thread). Maybe I've watched too much anime, but I believe there are just much, MUCH better comics out there.

Production quality is indeed high but storyline, characters, cheesy songs... I wasn't impressed at all.

Seems to me like a fad, something on the fringe that people do to differentiate themselves from other groups/individuals.


Your inability to distinguish fads with people liking different things from you is your own failing, not ours.


I'm sorry that you are irritated by my failing at appreciating content aimed at the 12 and under female demographic.

Edit: And how is this not a fad, the MLP franchise has existed for over 20 years and it suddenly got huge with this brony phenomenon...

Fad: Noun. A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time; a craze.
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
January 30 2013 15:49 GMT
#14027
I really love the mod note on this one. It's like people can't believe a thread like this could happen in TL. Also warms my heart seeing "old" threads like this one still popping, not to mention the time when GMarshal had just a regular icon.
BSOD
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 17:30:01
January 30 2013 17:28 GMT
#14028






He uploaded them on his own channel, now it will be easier to find them.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
January 30 2013 18:59 GMT
#14029
[image loading]
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
MZR
Profile Joined February 2012
United States41 Posts
January 30 2013 19:26 GMT
#14030
On January 30 2013 18:49 pb.fcnz wrote:
Thought I'd give the thread a read to see what all this fuss about MLP was about. I thought it was just some bad 4chan troll all along until now.

Watched ep7, confused as to why anyone over the age of 12 would watch this (and I've read the arguments for MLP linked in original thread). Maybe I've watched too much anime, but I believe there are just much, MUCH better comics out there.

Production quality is indeed high but storyline, characters, cheesy songs... I wasn't impressed at all.

Seems to me like a fad, something on the fringe that people do to differentiate themselves from other groups/individuals.


There's a bit of a 'growing into' curve for a lot of us. It took me about three eps to go from "Meh, it's okay," to, "Hey, this ain't bad."
Eps 9-11 are all solid, if you want to give it a second go-round (I didn't really like Ep 7 either). All the same, thanks for trying.
They carry news that must get through, to build the dream for me and you. They choose the path where no one goes. They choose no quarter.
Destro
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands1206 Posts
January 30 2013 19:32 GMT
#14031
i dont know if i could respect myself after watching shows made for little girls. its borderline creepy.
bring back weapon of choice for hots!
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
January 30 2013 19:56 GMT
#14032
On January 31 2013 04:32 Destro wrote:
i dont know if i could respect myself after watching shows made for little girls. its borderline creepy.


Maybe you should try it out?
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 20:03:22
January 30 2013 19:59 GMT
#14033
On January 31 2013 04:32 Destro wrote:
i dont know if i could respect myself after watching shows made for little girls. its borderline creepy.

I'm not sure I could respect myself after having more than a thousand posts discussing little pixelmen that fight and kill each other and the korean teenagers who control these pixelmen. Its borderline creepy.
Moderator
Thallis
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
January 30 2013 20:12 GMT
#14034
On January 31 2013 00:35 Rollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 00:03 SonTran wrote:
I missed the last 2-3 episodes >_< Trying to wait for a time to watch those when possible. All I heard was that Tank makes a comeback and Spike gets all the mares! =o

Surely you must know the second part was fictitious. Spike is the most beta male ever + Show Spoiler [Not really a spoiler, don't open…] +
as one of the recent episodes shows.


In response to the spoilers I posted earlier, /mlp/ has errupted, and has been renamed "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW". It now has embedded weird sorrowful music on every page too, which I found quite fitting. All in all, amusing imho.
+ Show Spoiler [Minor future spoiler in image] +

[image loading]


The song is Old Snake from MGS4.
/)*(\
nohbrows
Profile Joined February 2011
United States653 Posts
January 30 2013 20:14 GMT
#14035
On January 31 2013 04:59 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 04:32 Destro wrote:
i dont know if i could respect myself after watching shows made for little girls. its borderline creepy.

I'm not sure I could respect myself after having more than a thousand posts discussing little pixelmen that fight and kill each other and the korean teenagers who control these pixelmen. Its borderline creepy.


I'm not sure if I could respect myself after spending hundreds of hours browsing a website dedicated solely to messaging random strangers I've never met. It's borderline creepy.
Seizon Senryaku!
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
January 30 2013 20:37 GMT
#14036
On January 31 2013 05:14 nohbrows wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 04:59 GMarshal wrote:
On January 31 2013 04:32 Destro wrote:
i dont know if i could respect myself after watching shows made for little girls. its borderline creepy.

I'm not sure I could respect myself after having more than a thousand posts discussing little pixelmen that fight and kill each other and the korean teenagers who control these pixelmen. Its borderline creepy.


I'm not sure if I could respect myself after spending hundreds of hours browsing a website dedicated solely to messaging random strangers I've never met. It's borderline creepy.


Damn, now that I think about it, TL creeps me out .
Bora Pain minha porra!
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 23:22:20
January 30 2013 23:04 GMT
#14037
This thread is only active when people are defending MLP. I desire this thread to be more active.

Therefore:

PONIES ARE GAY AS FUCK.

But in all seriousness. This thread is so cold and barren. Use it for stuff that IRC can't be used for! Like well formed opinions and spoiler talk. I don't want this thread to end up being a second archive for pony art.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Tritanis
Profile Joined November 2007
Poland344 Posts
January 30 2013 23:51 GMT
#14038
On January 31 2013 08:04 Camail wrote:
PONIES ARE GAY AS FUCK.

Considering all those fan written romance stories where the main six are shipped with eachother so much... this is actually true!
I live, I serve, I die for the Metal
Boomerang
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States30 Posts
January 31 2013 00:00 GMT
#14039
On January 31 2013 08:51 Tritanis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 08:04 Camail wrote:
PONIES ARE GAY AS FUCK.

Considering all those fan written romance stories where the main six are shipped with eachother so much... this is actually true!


Unless Big Mac is incorporated somewhere o_o
Dodgeball
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland141 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 00:11:47
January 31 2013 00:01 GMT
#14040
new Fighting is Magic update! Looks great

Prev 1 700 701 702 703 704 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 187
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 207
hero 166
sorry 42
Mind 27
Bale 18
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 429
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9850
Maynarde193
RuFF_SC2131
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick479
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Rush1346
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 7m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.