• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:28
CEST 23:28
KST 06:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8069 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 359

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
December 17 2011 09:19 GMT
#7161
On December 17 2011 14:19 Daralii wrote:
Celestia time?

[image loading]

omg pony skyrim! Awesome!

Now my new background :3
Dreamslayer
Profile Joined October 2011
50 Posts
December 17 2011 10:56 GMT
#7162
On December 17 2011 18:19 ShivaN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 14:19 Daralii wrote:
Celestia time?

[image loading]

omg pony skyrim! Awesome!

Now my new background :3


I need a Celestia making a "FUS RO YAY!". =D
Paperplane
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands1823 Posts
December 17 2011 13:16 GMT
#7163
[image loading]

[image loading]

Brace for epic!

Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 14:37:14
December 17 2011 13:28 GMT
#7164
Cane seems to be asleep at the switch (literally!) so I'm shamelessly copy/pasting this shit. Hopefully you see this, Cane, and can catch some extra sleep! =p

[image loading]
Season 2 episode 11!


NEW EPISODE of season 2, "Hearth Warming Eve", begins in an hour and a half, and airs twice in a row.

Here are the livestreams that will be airing the recent episode!

For sync reasons, I recommend everyone in IRC stick to:
http://www.justintv.com/haxmega
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hax-mega-s-mlp-fim-season-2-countdown

Common hangouts:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hax-mega-s-mlp-fim-season-2-countdown
http://www.yycast.com/embed.php?fileid=9001123445&vw=700&vh=520 (new bronystate stream; annoying player)
http://www.livestream.com/mylittlestream (limited viewers)
http://www.livestream.com/midnight_run (average audio quality)
http://www.synchtube.com/r/Filly
(Filly is on SynchTube and is usually overcrowded. Check this EqD post for a list of overflow channels.)

If all else fails:
http://www.justin.tv/basil34
http://www.justin.tv/ninjatertl

Equestria Daily always has a link of streams, as well.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/secret-of-my-excess-streamsdownloadsdis.html


  • BronyState's livestream got shut down; they're now on yycast (whatever that is)
  • Midnight Run had decent quality video, but it was desaturated for some reason and the audio quality was sub-par.
  • Cylestia seems dead for good. RIP.
  • Dizaster321 has not been streaming episodes lately. Link here only for completion http://www.livestream.com/dizzystreams.



Today more than ever, you should join us in IRC for the live streaming of this episode! Our chat room is an amazing hangout! Come on in. We'd love to see your metaphorical faces.

Easy access webchat at:
http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Channel: #tlponies


Or, if you want to get fancy, here's a guide to setting up mIRC.

+ Show Spoiler +

Very brief mIRC guide:
_____________________

  • Download and install mIRC:
    http://www.mirc.com/get.html

  • Start mIRC, and setup:

    • Enter your nickname
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Alternate name field is there in case your preferred name is taken

    • Select the server:
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Select any Quakenet server

    • Recommended: Add identd information
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      Just add YourNick in the name field; everything else should be filled already

    • Optional: Go back to Connect tab and enter name and e-mail
      + Show Spoiler +
      [image loading]
      QuakeNet likes these. Once filled, press "Connect".

  • Join the channel
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]
    Delete all those asschannels from your favorites list and add #tlponies, then join it

  • Success!
    + Show Spoiler +
    [image loading]



Setup is mostly the same for ChatZilla.



As always, I will edit this post with relevant information if I need to.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 17 2011 14:54 GMT
#7165
Six minuuuuutes!

Here's hoping Hax Mega doesn't crap out on us. It's hiccuping a bit right now. At least they have an overflow channel.
TL+ Member
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
December 17 2011 14:56 GMT
#7166
PONY TIME! I'm so insanely excited for this episode... it must be PERFECT to live up to my self-hype. :D

And it will be, knowing Studio B. <3
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 15:30:32
December 17 2011 15:30 GMT
#7167
+ Show Spoiler +

I am disappoint, it was amusing but bleh I give it 4 wingboners out of 10

First 10 minutes was probably an 8 out of 10 but the ending disappointed
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 17 2011 15:31 GMT
#7168
On December 18 2011 00:30 Raelcun wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I am disappoint, it was amusing but bleh I give it 4 wingboners out of 10

First 10 minutes was probably an 8 out of 10 but the ending disappointed


+ Show Spoiler +
Eeyup. Not a great way to start a ponyless couple of weeks.
TL+ Member
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
December 17 2011 15:32 GMT
#7169
On December 18 2011 00:30 Raelcun wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I am disappoint, it was amusing but bleh I give it 4 wingboners out of 10

First 10 minutes was probably an 8 out of 10 but the ending disappointed

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree with this for the most part. It was showing a lot of promise then it kind of fell flat on its face at the end. That being said, it had its moments and I enjoyed most of it.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
December 17 2011 15:35 GMT
#7170
On December 18 2011 00:32 Gary Oak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 00:30 Raelcun wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I am disappoint, it was amusing but bleh I give it 4 wingboners out of 10

First 10 minutes was probably an 8 out of 10 but the ending disappointed

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree with this for the most part. It was showing a lot of promise then it kind of fell flat on its face at the end. That being said, it had its moments and I enjoyed most of it.

+ Show Spoiler +
Pretty much... I feel they may have slightly too little time for expanding on these themes.

On second though, I think a lot of us were caught up in expecting celestia/luna and/or discord. If you take out that expectation, it really wasn't that bad, though fitting in the history of equestria into 22 minutes obviously means a lot of rushing.
[Agony]x90
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States853 Posts
December 17 2011 15:39 GMT
#7171
+ Show Spoiler +
I wonder who the writer was, because I didn't care much for the talk throughout a lot of the show. Didn't feel super genuine. The scenes of the history were fun, but I don't think this writer respects the audience as much as he/she should. The first season and a number in the second succeeded because they didn't baby the audience. Just because they're children does not mean they do not appreciate or understand sophisticated humor.

This episode kinda just took all the "cute" and "playful" rhetoric that elicits positive effects from other episodes. E.I. Flutterscream, silly banter to show arguments, that awful I spy game, etc. Although these parts tend to get the credit, they are not the reason for approval. Being overly cute means the writer is trying to hard, which will always show on the surface.

I will try to be fair and say that perhaps the writer had extreme restrictions in time due to the story taking up so much time. However, since there is so much "comic relief" throughout the entirety of the play segment, absolutely none was really needed in the backstage parts. They should've been more genuine at those times.
JF dodger since 2009
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 16:18:03
December 17 2011 15:51 GMT
#7172
On December 18 2011 00:39 [Agony]x90 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I wonder who the writer was, because I didn't care much for the talk throughout a lot of the show. Didn't feel super genuine. The scenes of the history were fun, but I don't think this writer respects the audience as much as he/she should. The first season and a number in the second succeeded because they didn't baby the audience. Just because they're children does not mean they do not appreciate or understand sophisticated humor.

This episode kinda just took all the "cute" and "playful" rhetoric that elicits positive effects from other episodes. E.I. Flutterscream, silly banter to show arguments, that awful I spy game, etc. Although these parts tend to get the credit, they are not the reason for approval. Being overly cute means the writer is trying to hard, which will always show on the surface.

I will try to be fair and say that perhaps the writer had extreme restrictions in time due to the story taking up so much time. However, since there is so much "comic relief" throughout the entirety of the play segment, absolutely none was really needed in the backstage parts. They should've been more genuine at those times.

+ Show Spoiler +
Merriweather Williams, who also did Mare-Do-Well.

Keep in mind that it wasn't necessarily an episode about the founding of Equestria, but the mane 6 doing a play about it, and I enjoyed it. Plays like this tend to take liberties with the facts in order to make it more entertaining as a play, even if it means it's not an accurate representation of what happened. Pinkie and Rainbow stole the show, and I think she did a fine job considering it was her second episode ever.


Now then, allow me to crosspost my personal theory from Reddit:
+ Show Spoiler +
Personal theory: the princesses were on their way to Discord's seat of power to try and defeat him, and he sent the windigos to make sure the mortal ponies were so wrapped in chaos that he would have an infinite source of power. The Flame of Friendship's manifestation is what allowed the princesses to discover the Elements. The unicorns took credit for the raising of the sun and moon because they didn't know the princesses/Discord existed and simply assumed they were doing it.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 17 2011 16:09 GMT
#7173
+ Show Spoiler +
WTF guys. This episode was great from start to end.

I don't know about you, but I loved everything about it. It had a cliche ending of course as expected, but so did May The Best Pet Win, and that one was waaay worse in terms of cliche ending.

I also fucking love Pinkie Pie.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
enjoylol
Profile Joined August 2011
40 Posts
December 17 2011 16:10 GMT
#7174
just uploaded the 480p

"Dresser in styler"
JeosAdn
Profile Joined September 2011
Costa Rica432 Posts
December 17 2011 16:36 GMT
#7175
+ Show Spoiler [New Ep Spoiler] +
I liked this episode a lot, it was very funny. It kinda fell apart at the end. Also, the writers are almost deliberately teasing us now O.o
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 16:37:09
December 17 2011 16:36 GMT
#7176
+ Show Spoiler +
this ep felt more like just a series of Pinkie being Pinkie to smile at and that's it

it's written by the same writer as the Mare Do Well episode, so it figures that it isn't that good

oh well, not that terrible overall, but still, when it had the potential to be so much better and everyone of us who read the synopsis got overhyped about Celestia, Luna and/or even Discord appearing, and a much better song, then yeah

I just need to stop reading synopsises in advance I guess but it's kind of hard to avoid getting spoiled about those anyway :/
MrCWellard
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
December 17 2011 17:03 GMT
#7177
+ Show Spoiler +
OK, I may be looking too far into this, but this is how I see the most recent episode (which I think was epic, by the way).
It is a prediction of the future of humanity.

Take the timeline in the story:
Hatred
Cold
Migration
Cold
Normal

Now apply this to a real-life context:
Hatred leads to war
War leads to nuclear war
Nuclear war causes nuclear winter (cold)
Nuclear winter causes colonisation of a new planet, on which we continue the nuclear war
At near extinction, we stop and have hugs all around.

Now, either this is what it meant or I'm a mental defective, and recently I have come to expect the latter.
Just wanted to share the (possibly poisoned) fruits of my mind and/or imagination. :D
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
December 17 2011 17:10 GMT
#7178
I never got SUF OR YAY it has something to do with fluttershy's cheering because of the yay but i dont get it D:
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Tdelamay
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada548 Posts
December 17 2011 17:13 GMT
#7179
+ Show Spoiler +
Loved that last episode about Equestria.

It makes me wonder how Celestia came into the picture.
This road isn't leading anywhere...
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
December 17 2011 17:16 GMT
#7180
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok episode, didn't like that they had the ending that quickly, felt more like a 2 parter for some reason.

Also, seeing no alicorns in any of the episode, then having a flag at the end with two of them depicted?
I don't know..
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub269
Nina 174
NeuroSwarm 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14457
NaDa 14
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4107
Liquid`Hasu607
Other Games
summit1g2387
Liquid`RaSZi1932
shahzam506
WinterStarcraft383
ToD346
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason32
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade949
Other Games
• imaqtpie1057
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 33m
INu's Battles
13h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 33m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.