• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:58
CEST 12:58
KST 19:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
https://www.facebook.com/BreathiZen.USD/ ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7306 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 358

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 356 357 358 359 360 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
December 17 2011 04:23 GMT
#7141
I just found out that there's a pony named Celestia >_>.
BioSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States636 Posts
December 17 2011 04:29 GMT
#7142
Not just any pony... She's basically the God-Queen pony =D
Bio - Breaking it down
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
December 17 2011 04:30 GMT
#7143
The great and powerful alicorn princess celestia has come to us brothers. This is a day we will forever remember in the halls of glory.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
December 17 2011 04:36 GMT
#7144
So she's like a God-Queen? Cool, just because of that I'm going to give MLP a chance... Oh, wait, I meant, yes I'm Celestia the Queen Pony, how are you my little Ponies? .
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
December 17 2011 04:42 GMT
#7145
On December 17 2011 13:36 Celestia wrote:
So she's like a God-Queen? Cool, just because of that I'm going to give MLP a chance... Oh, wait, I meant, yes I'm Celestia the Queen Pony, how are you my little Ponies? .


pssst She's technically a princess
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 17 2011 04:48 GMT
#7146
On December 17 2011 13:42 Raelcun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 13:36 Celestia wrote:
So she's like a God-Queen? Cool, just because of that I'm going to give MLP a chance... Oh, wait, I meant, yes I'm Celestia the Queen Pony, how are you my little Ponies? .


pssst She's technically a princess


Only because Hasbro denied the "queen" title because they think girls associate princesses with cute and queens with Disney-evil.

Sooo...

All hail Celestia!
TL+ Member
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
December 17 2011 04:53 GMT
#7147
Hmm never really bothered but I gave it a try.

Even if this is not something I would watch religiously, I must admit it was genuinely... refreshing and/or entertaining; A good kid cartoon. At least it's better than some of the crap I see kid watching sometimes.

Can't believe some people feel the need to criticize the thread though.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Saurabhinator
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Australia347 Posts
December 17 2011 04:54 GMT
#7148
[image loading]
Celestia! fuck yeah!
#1 Rarity Fanboi. CA:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?224569-Saura-Sketchbook/page7
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 17 2011 05:11 GMT
#7149
On December 17 2011 13:53 rezoacken wrote:
Hmm never really bothered but I gave it a try.

Even if this is not something I would watch religiously, I must admit it was genuinely... refreshing and/or entertaining; A good kid cartoon. At least it's better than some of the crap I see kid watching sometimes.

Can't believe some people feel the need to criticize the thread though.


"Refreshing and entertaining" sounds about right. Its good that you had a good time watching it. How much of it did you see?

In regards to criticising the thread: some people just can't get over their initial erroneous presumption based on the stigma surrounding the franchise, so they simply can't believe it's something that a rational, adult mind would enjoy. While I wouldn't consider MLP as sophisticated and mature as Harry Potter, there's a lot of parallels there. You could call Harry Potter a "children's fantasy book", and it would be true in much the same way that MLP is a "cartoon for little girls".

Some times things just go beyond the first look. And some people just aren't willing to disbelieve the accuracy of their initial peripheral glance.

You did. So congrats on that, at least. =) And thanks for stopping by and giving us your thoughts; we appreciate it.
TL+ Member
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
December 17 2011 05:19 GMT
#7150
Celestia time?

[image loading]
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 05:27:58
December 17 2011 05:25 GMT
#7151
On December 17 2011 14:19 Daralii wrote:
Celestia time?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

All hail Celestia!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Moderator
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 05:32:12
December 17 2011 05:28 GMT
#7152

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]


Let it be known that none of house celestia know fear.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 05:35:05
December 17 2011 05:33 GMT
#7153
On December 17 2011 14:11 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 13:53 rezoacken wrote:
Hmm never really bothered but I gave it a try.

Even if this is not something I would watch religiously, I must admit it was genuinely... refreshing and/or entertaining; A good kid cartoon. At least it's better than some of the crap I see kid watching sometimes.

Can't believe some people feel the need to criticize the thread though.


"Refreshing and entertaining" sounds about right. Its good that you had a good time watching it. How much of it did you see?

In regards to criticising the thread: some people just can't get over their initial erroneous presumption based on the stigma surrounding the franchise, so they simply can't believe it's something that a rational, adult mind would enjoy. While I wouldn't consider MLP as sophisticated and mature as Harry Potter, there's a lot of parallels there. You could call Harry Potter a "children's fantasy book", and it would be true in much the same way that MLP is a "cartoon for little girls".

Some times things just go beyond the first look. And some people just aren't willing to disbelieve the accuracy of their initial peripheral glance.

You did. So congrats on that, at least. =) And thanks for stopping by and giving us your thoughts; we appreciate it.


I just saw the episode in the OP. Episode 7 is it ?

I like your HP analogy. For the first books at least I call them "children book with magic", still i liked them well enough and the story was well made even if simple and some of the little ideas of JKR had make it just work. I guess the same kind of thing can be said about MLP.

Will probably continue watching an episode here and there to clear my mind when I need it.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
December 17 2011 06:16 GMT
#7154
On December 17 2011 14:33 rezoacken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2011 14:11 Aylear wrote:
On December 17 2011 13:53 rezoacken wrote:
Hmm never really bothered but I gave it a try.

Even if this is not something I would watch religiously, I must admit it was genuinely... refreshing and/or entertaining; A good kid cartoon. At least it's better than some of the crap I see kid watching sometimes.

Can't believe some people feel the need to criticize the thread though.


"Refreshing and entertaining" sounds about right. Its good that you had a good time watching it. How much of it did you see?

In regards to criticising the thread: some people just can't get over their initial erroneous presumption based on the stigma surrounding the franchise, so they simply can't believe it's something that a rational, adult mind would enjoy. While I wouldn't consider MLP as sophisticated and mature as Harry Potter, there's a lot of parallels there. You could call Harry Potter a "children's fantasy book", and it would be true in much the same way that MLP is a "cartoon for little girls".

Some times things just go beyond the first look. And some people just aren't willing to disbelieve the accuracy of their initial peripheral glance.

You did. So congrats on that, at least. =) And thanks for stopping by and giving us your thoughts; we appreciate it.


I just saw the episode in the OP. Episode 7 is it ?

I like your HP analogy. For the first books at least I call them "children book with magic", still i liked them well enough and the story was well made even if simple and some of the little ideas of JKR had make it just work. I guess the same kind of thing can be said about MLP.

Will probably continue watching an episode here and there to clear my mind when I need it.

I recommend episodes 5 and 9, though you may just want to watch from the beginning if you're convinced you like it.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 06:42:37
December 17 2011 06:36 GMT
#7155
Scintilla requested that I pair my Vinyl BG with the original Octavia

[image loading]

besides being ADORABLE it was the only way to make them both fit
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
December 17 2011 06:46 GMT
#7156
I think I'll tag my post on to the tail end of the Celestia-posting, because I LOVE posting pictures.
Well, mostly I just love ponies. Lots.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]


I could spend an entire day just looking at pony art. Actually, I probably have!
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
Haato
Profile Joined March 2011
Mexico81 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 07:37:02
December 17 2011 07:36 GMT
#7157
Pretty sure that nobody reading this actually NEEDS it but as a translator I must ask:
Are there any subs for MLP for your localized language? (Spanish in my case. If I keep searching and find none I would love to take subbing it as a project for practice and to spread the ponies).

I find it an interesting project and have already found dubbed versions of the new show, but they have Spain accents and I believe the voice acting from the original MLP deserves a big-budget voice project for dubs
I would make subs in spanish.
Thoughts?
death is easy, comedy is hard
Taviscratch
Profile Joined December 2011
United States10 Posts
December 17 2011 07:37 GMT
#7158
On December 17 2011 15:36 Raelcun wrote:
Scintilla requested that I pair my Vinyl BG with the original Octavia

[image loading]

besides being ADORABLE it was the only way to make them both fit

This is actually the best thing ever. Thanks, Raelcun!

[image loading]
Version with uncolored horn that Raelcun posted in the Reddit thread for this pic.
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
December 17 2011 07:49 GMT
#7159
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 17 2011 15:36 Raelcun wrote:
Scintilla requested that I pair my Vinyl BG with the original Octavia

[image loading]

besides being ADORABLE it was the only way to make them both fit


Adorable indeed! you sir are awesome =]
GypsyBeast
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada630 Posts
December 17 2011 08:32 GMT
#7160
i am eagerly awaiting the next classic Christmas song. Cant wait to torture my grand kids with the next song :D
Ya? Well ill BM you harder! Another win in 10 seconds flat! -Rainbow Dash playing SC2.
Prev 1 356 357 358 359 360 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings34
CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko223
OGKoka 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37647
Calm 3497
Shuttle 1230
Bisu 935
Hyuk 372
Stork 294
actioN 277
Rush 277
Soma 267
Zeus 249
[ Show more ]
Mong 179
EffOrt 102
Last 88
Soulkey 77
Dewaltoss 75
Light 74
Mini 73
Pusan 62
ZerO 56
Shine 52
NotJumperer 42
Shinee 42
Bale 41
Free 40
Killer 40
ToSsGirL 38
Barracks 34
Yoon 32
hero 23
Noble 21
HiyA 20
Sharp 20
sorry 20
Sacsri 19
yabsab 11
Aegong 10
Dota 2
Gorgc4848
League of Legends
JimRising 324
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1300
shoxiejesuss1129
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King120
Other Games
gofns51960
summit1g6675
singsing1574
ceh9583
crisheroes240
DeMusliM161
B2W.Neo87
Khaldor27
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick602
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• LUISG 22
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV309
• lizZardDota2111
League of Legends
• Stunt286
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
2m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 90
OSC
2h 2m
OSC
11h 17m
Replay Cast
12h 2m
OSC
1d 12h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 23h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.