Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9400
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
intotheheart
Canada33091 Posts
On March 22 2018 02:09 cecek wrote: Never seen Gattaca, actually. I should watch it the probably, I'v heard great things about it from multiple source. Slightly unrelated, but do IMDB scores for movies and for TV shows use a different scale? It seems like even the best of the best movies never get above 9.0, but even the average popular TV shows are like 8.5 for some reason. Doesn't make any sense. And yes, I know that all numerical ratings are stupid, but this always seemed weird to me. I thought it did what it wanted to do. Was a good watch but nothing special. Can't remember the soundtrack too well, but I think they did a good job with the visuals. | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
| ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
Logo
United States7542 Posts
On March 22 2018 02:28 cecek wrote: Don't really see what's cerebral about Annihilation. The plot is basic for a scifi movie, not clever at all. There are horror scenes with spooky monsters chasing the protagonists, there's gore scenes. And the endining was changed from the book, simplified into a hollywood-esque cliché ending everybody expects. The movie's just not good, there's not much more to it. And I'm not a movie hipster or anything, I enjoy mainstream movies. Not really spoilers other than thematic, but still being cautious just cause... + Show Spoiler + The whole movie deals with themes like self destruction, allegories to cancer, self identity, and that sort of stuff as underlying themes reinforced by the scifi plot. You can say the movie didn't do it well if that's your opinion, but it seems pretty reductive to pretend like those themes aren't there at all. | ||
|
Artisreal
Germany9235 Posts
Or something like that. | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On March 22 2018 02:41 Artisreal wrote: Not being a movie hipster means not arbitrarily choosing categories that make a good movie and applying them with a broad brush to every genre. Or something like that. What does that mean? I don't get it. | ||
|
Fleetfeet
Canada2836 Posts
On March 20 2018 08:34 Comeh wrote: He's super fun to play, although I still fail regularly with him since he just works differently than old morph builds are super up to debate tbh. I can see a good argument for not going EB (one of the reasons I liked early Bfly with rtz morph is that the items synergize with the hero you are morphed to). However, the fact you can one / 2 shot with EB is super appealing sometimes. Hard to say Hard to say. Might start seeing morphs try building around allies more and picking up the "can morph to allies" talent. Would make more sense tbh. ty! I should probably take any further questioning to morf discussion but yeah not having a splitpushing ult and still building splitpush feels janky. Shotgun still makes sense because you can explode someone and go be another hero for 8 seconds but even so still feels strange. I'd take "movie hipster" to imply requiring some level of depth or "art" or something to be declared a good movie. | ||
|
Slomo
Germany7198 Posts
| ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
| ||
|
Maverick_2009
Somewhere2002 Posts
| ||
|
Fleetfeet
Canada2836 Posts
| ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
On March 22 2018 03:14 Slomo wrote: Why is there a PUBG mobile game Because it's easier to write an entire complex battle royale game from scratch with all the constraints of a mobile platform than it is to get bluehole to make a game that even pretends to be functional. You'll note that pubg mobile has an actual working menu, stats, squad stats, etc | ||
|
intotheheart
Canada33091 Posts
On March 22 2018 03:14 2009 wrote: ended up deciding to rewatch kyoukai no kanata during my free time the next couple of weeks xd I have some Kuriyama wallpapers if you want me to share them. | ||
|
Maverick_2009
Somewhere2002 Posts
On March 22 2018 03:17 intotheheart wrote: I have some Kuriyama wallpapers if you want me to share them. no thanks | ||
|
Artisreal
Germany9235 Posts
Arbitrarily making something worse than it is because you think it shouldn't be good and make up justifications for that classification. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
On March 22 2018 03:17 intotheheart wrote: I have some Kuriyama wallpapers if you want me to share them. where are these on the scale of "banned for anime" to "banned for porn"? | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
| ||
|
Unleashing
Denmark14978 Posts
| ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
for fortnite i'd assume that isn't the case | ||
| ||