• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:54
CEST 12:54
KST 19:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11173 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 9399

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9397 9398 9399 9400 9401 10602 Next
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
March 21 2018 14:57 GMT
#187961
On March 21 2018 23:56 teddyoojo wrote:
i used to play some japanese browser java based snk game it was super hard but super fun

The 3D one where you zip around and stab them, right? A classmate of mine introduced me to it. Really loved the swinging, that might've been the best part of it.
kiss kiss fall in love
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 21 2018 15:02 GMT
#187962
tfw 14 years later and Spider-Man 2 on the ps2 still has some of the best swinging mechanics ever made in a game

i remember just having fun swinging around in that game, so absolutely well made
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 21 2018 15:16 GMT
#187963
On March 22 2018 00:02 Unleashing wrote:
tfw 14 years later and Spider-Man 2 on the ps2 still has some of the best swinging mechanics ever made in a game

i remember just having fun swinging around in that game, so absolutely well made

Play Web of Shadows on 360 or PS3. It has the exact same swinging mechanics and way better combat. It is the best Spiderman game to date and no one played it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-21 15:26:34
March 21 2018 15:24 GMT
#187964
No, it's not the exact same swinging mechanic at all. Web of shadows functions differently and also has moonswinging.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 21 2018 15:25 GMT
#187965
somebody once told me to watch wolf children but it took whole of 2 minutes to turn into furry porn so naaah

weebs amirite
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 21 2018 15:27 GMT
#187966
Ah yes, the sex that it doesn't show you, very pornographic indeed.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 21 2018 15:37 GMT
#187967
On March 22 2018 00:24 Unleashing wrote:
No, it's not the exact same swinging mechanic at all. Web of shadows functions differently and also has moonswinging.

It felt almost identical to how I remember the PS2 game feeling and I never really had a problem with the moon swinging because it allowed for more mobility in some environments.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 21 2018 15:39 GMT
#187968
Yeah, but you can't say that it's the same thing if it has shit like moonswinging
It's ok if you like it, to each their own, but to me moonswinging makes it literally garbage and sucks the fun right out of it

It ruins the experience entirely for me
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 21 2018 15:54 GMT
#187969
It is the central park problem. Spiderman exists in NYC and you need to model NYC. Central park is HUGE and a feature of the city. There are no buildings to swing on, so it limits his movement in the area, which limits gameplay. Central park because the water level of Spiderman games.

But I agree with you that they should find another solution to the problem. Even if its some web slingshot thing to launch him across large parts of the park/open areas.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
March 21 2018 15:54 GMT
#187970
wtf is moonswinging
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 21 2018 15:56 GMT
#187971
When you shoot out your web to swing and it attaches to nothing/the sky
It's called moonswinging because it suggests you're attaching your web to the moon
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 21 2018 16:01 GMT
#187972
On March 21 2018 23:57 intotheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2018 23:56 teddyoojo wrote:
i used to play some japanese browser java based snk game it was super hard but super fun

The 3D one where you zip around and stab them, right? A classmate of mine introduced me to it. Really loved the swinging, that might've been the best part of it.

the one where the normal missions were basically "kill 50 titans" in different environments but it was super fucking hard i played it with a friend and we never got above 10 or so
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Pontual
Profile Joined October 2016
Brazil3038 Posts
March 21 2018 16:18 GMT
#187973
On March 21 2018 21:46 intotheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2018 19:23 Pontual wrote:
yesterday i played age of empires 3 with an old friend, this game is so good with friends

Is it really good? I honestly wasn't in love with it. Was nicer than having to micromanage the entire economy though. Did you guys just play 2 man vs some randos online?

I would say my judgement is affected because him and I played against each other since ever, and we couldn't find the time to play it again for some time, even ignoring all this i would say the game is really good when on lan.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
March 21 2018 16:20 GMT
#187974
Just saw Annihilation. VERY VERY average. Below average, even. I expected more after the moderate amount of hype around the movie. But it's just ... forgettable. Nothing about the movie is great, bits of the movie are average, bits of it are bad. Don't understand where the hype really came from.
super gg
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-21 16:48:56
March 21 2018 16:40 GMT
#187975
Im exited to see it. I've heard good things from friends.

And Pacific Rim 2 looks like a fun romp that I will totally enjoy on blueray. It looks like just the right amount of stupid.

Edit: Damn it, Ni no Kuni 2 and Dad of War both look real good. Why can't games just let me sink back into WoW without tempting me to play something else.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
March 21 2018 16:52 GMT
#187976
On March 22 2018 01:40 Plansix wrote:
Im exited to see it. I've heard good things from friends.

And Pacific Rim 2 looks like a fun romp that I will totally enjoy on blueray. It looks like just the right amount of stupid.

Edit: Damn it, Ni no Kuni 2 and Dad of War both look real good. Why can't games just let me sink back into WoW without tempting me to play something else.

I'm curious what you will think of it. To me, nothing about the movie was noteworthy.
super gg
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 21 2018 16:55 GMT
#187977
On March 22 2018 01:52 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2018 01:40 Plansix wrote:
Im exited to see it. I've heard good things from friends.

And Pacific Rim 2 looks like a fun romp that I will totally enjoy on blueray. It looks like just the right amount of stupid.

Edit: Damn it, Ni no Kuni 2 and Dad of War both look real good. Why can't games just let me sink back into WoW without tempting me to play something else.

I'm curious what you will think of it. To me, nothing about the movie was noteworthy.

I've heard that from a few people. And I've heard that I will really like it from others who have similar taste to me. One friend said it made him feel uneasy the same way Gattaca did after he watched it. And I fucking loved Gattaca.

I should watch Gattaca again. That movie is critically underrated.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-21 17:09:37
March 21 2018 17:09 GMT
#187978
Never seen Gattaca, actually. I should watch it the probably, I'v heard great things about it from multiple source.

Slightly unrelated, but do IMDB scores for movies and for TV shows use a different scale? It seems like even the best of the best movies never get above 9.0, but even the average popular TV shows are like 8.5 for some reason. Doesn't make any sense. And yes, I know that all numerical ratings are stupid, but this always seemed weird to me.
super gg
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 21 2018 17:18 GMT
#187979
I'm glad to see some cerebral sci-fi movies come out, even if they aren't doing too well in the box office or too critically acclaimed.

On March 22 2018 02:09 cecek wrote:
Never seen Gattaca, actually. I should watch it the probably, I'v heard great things about it from multiple source.

Slightly unrelated, but do IMDB scores for movies and for TV shows use a different scale? It seems like even the best of the best movies never get above 9.0, but even the average popular TV shows are like 8.5 for some reason. Doesn't make any sense. And yes, I know that all numerical ratings are stupid, but this always seemed weird to me.

Maybe for movies people tend to be more critical and reflective, while TV shows seem vulnerable to being flooded with fanboys who give it 10s for a good episode, along with being spread across a season so there's more variance. Though popularity is different from top rated TV, because there's plenty of 9+ scores by that metric, while most popular depends on searches over a recent period it seems.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 21 2018 17:27 GMT
#187980
Gattaca is peek sci-fi. High concept with minimal special effects. Solid visuals and a minimalist style. It is all substance, no flash.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 9397 9398 9399 9400 9401 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko144
ProTech133
SHIN 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1124
Mind 1021
Bisu 786
Larva 626
Shuttle 586
Mini 165
EffOrt 133
Soma 116
Leta 106
Zeus 101
[ Show more ]
Last 92
Hyun 85
Sexy 70
Pusan 65
PianO 55
ZerO 54
Hm[arnc] 35
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 34
sorry 31
Killer 30
Bale 25
Aegong 18
yabsab 17
Sacsri 7
JulyZerg 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe571
XaKoH 384
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1432
Other Games
gofns40005
singsing2152
crisheroes337
OGKoka 184
Mew2King126
B2W.Neo70
ArmadaUGS59
Livibee19
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 66
• LUISG 36
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8147
League of Legends
• Jankos1348
• Stunt1033
Upcoming Events
Online Event
7m
FEL
5h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 7m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.