japan has expensive pizza
Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 2415
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
|
andyrau
13015 Posts
japan has expensive pizza | ||
|
tehh4ck3r
Magrathea7086 Posts
| ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
On June 27 2015 10:55 tehh4ck3r wrote: man the commentators on the vgbootcamp2 stream are hilarious who's commentating now but yea smash commentary is top tier relative to ESPORTS commentary | ||
|
Acritter
Syria7637 Posts
is that arm cast limiting her special powers or something also what the fuck ~60-70 dollars for three pizzas with a goddamn coupon | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On June 27 2015 10:59 eieio wrote: who's commentating now but yea smash commentary is top tier relative to ESPORTS commentary i was saying this earlier but had no one to back me up ;_; | ||
|
tehh4ck3r
Magrathea7086 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:00 Targe wrote: i was saying this earlier but had no one to back me up ;_; i have no clue but they're hilarious mega-hype | ||
|
Jinxed
United States6450 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:00 Targe wrote: i was saying this earlier but had no one to back me up ;_; Probably because it was so obvious that everyone just silently agreed. | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:01 tehh4ck3r wrote: i have no clue but they're hilarious mega-hype yeah theyre all mega hype! but they actually know quite a bit about the game as well, they set a really high bar for other games to match | ||
|
PhoenixVoid
Canada32755 Posts
| ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
so you get the hype of tobi or whoever but with people that actually are very good at the game plus everyone's having fun and I dunno I feel like smashers are just mroe fun w.e. woooooo what is this post I am tired + Show Spoiler [personal???????] + also I started on the whole "making amends"/step 9 part of AA (ya AA has some weird shit but w.e. I'd join scientology if it kept me sober LOL) and like formally apologized to my dad and shit and it went well so that's good | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
must help people who turned to alcohol because they were alone or whatever staying sober (i have no idea what AA does but the name) ALRIGHT i finally opened my level up chest i unlocked ages ago and got bzz pugna ward THANKS GABEN | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
| ||
|
Acritter
Syria7637 Posts
Not that it's inherently a bad thing, it's just kinda funny to me | ||
|
eieio
United States14512 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:13 Targe wrote: sounds like AA goes to the point of getting you on track to being a well rounded person and not just getting you to quit must help people who turned to alcohol because they were alone or whatever staying sober (i have no idea what AA does but the name) ya I mean the basic idea is like most people (especially someone young like me lolz) don't just decide to drink themselves into a stupor 24/7 because they have a drinking problem but their life is fine otherwise. It's more likely if you get sober then you still have other issues and like you probably hurt people that you need to make amends to and blah blah blah. So it's about how to fix yourself and make up for what you did. It turns some people off because it talks about the idea of a higher power/god and I think for a while that was more explicitly the Christian god but most programs at least in progressive areas are pretty good about contextualizing it as just being a "power greater than yourself" ie I can just say that AA meetings are a power greater than myself both because literally a group of people is > a person and because I haven't been able to stay sober on my own but I have been able to with the help of others. You still get some people who are super weirdly religious "everything happens for a reason" type of people but you also get a lot of agnostics/atheists or just really well balanced people like my sponsor who have extremely nuanced and well developed views of religion and their own idea of what it's all about that doesn't sound ridiculous still when I tried to get into the program a few years ago I was just like "uh you talk about god well uh n0pe lulz" so that sucks On June 27 2015 11:15 Acritter wrote: What exactly are the AA apologies supposed to be for? Like, for bad shit you did while drunk or for making them worry or for the sin of being drunk itself? Because if it's #3 then damn I knew AA was some Christian shit but that's so damn Christian I can hardly believe it Not that it's inherently a bad thing, it's just kinda funny to me hahahahahaha no it's not #3 at all like I said above AA (or at least liberal parts of AA) tries very hard these days to distance itself from being specifically christian and I'm by no means christian lol it's literally like "hey dad I made your life miserable for years while you watched me destroy myself as you stood by helpless also sorry I stole shit from you" type of stuff basically you make a list of people you wronged then you apologize to them and ask if there's anything you can do to make it right based on the assumption that most of us in AA/NA did some pretty shitty things | ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
| ||
|
Acritter
Syria7637 Posts
ah yes this is a good reason to apologize On June 27 2015 11:21 Targe wrote: id legitimately feel patronised if someone told me "everything happens according to gods plan" in relation to something bad actually this is the one part of christianity that seems most reasonable to me as an atheist; dostoevsky won me over with his argument if you are interested in reading a minor text wall I'll explain | ||
|
TheEmulator
28103 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:21 Targe wrote: id legitimately feel patronised if someone told me "everything happens according to gods plan" in relation to something bad "everything happens according to gods plan" is a phrase that always makes me laugh. | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
| ||
|
TheEmulator
28103 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:23 PassiveAce wrote: my dads gf believes absolutely in "fate" or w/e it makes for mega awkward dinner conversation Fate isn't as bad as "God's plan" though. | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
On June 27 2015 11:22 Acritter wrote: "also sorry I stole shit from you" ah yes this is a good reason to apologize actually this is the one part of christianity that seems most reasonable to me as an atheist; dostoevsky won me over with his argument if you are interested in reading a minor text wall I'll explain this would bait the shit out of creams doitdoitdoit | ||
| ||