• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:27
CEST 19:27
KST 02:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8588 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10591

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10589 10590 10591 10592 10593 10602 Next
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-11-13 16:05:54
November 13 2023 16:05 GMT
#211801
I suppose that said, I have a first gen touchbar with the shitty keyboard. Apple replaced the keyboard at least
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
November 14 2023 12:27 GMT
#211802
I feel that windows laptop vs MacBook very much so too.
I'm not happy at all with my surfaced book and if it were cheaper to get a used MacBook I'd seriously consider it as I do nothing but a bit of office, taxes and watching videos on my laptop.
passive quaranstream fan
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
November 14 2023 17:48 GMT
#211803
I didn't really believe in the hype about MacBooks until I got one. The only downside was how I had to rebuy the charger several times because the wire kept getting frayed near the charging port. I'm even thinking about buying the 15-inch MacBook Air.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 17 2023 23:08 GMT
#211804
cultists are back in town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-11-19 22:50:15
November 19 2023 22:49 GMT
#211805
exciting update i shipped a bizarre new game last friday and in went viral in japan over the weekend lmao:


(the game is https://stranger.video and it's like an online staring contest? it auto crops video to just your face / doesn't show video if there's no face, matches you with a stranger for a video-only (no audio, no text) call, and cuts the feed as soon as one of you blink)

On November 15 2023 02:48 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I didn't really believe in the hype about MacBooks until I got one. The only downside was how I had to rebuy the charger several times because the wire kept getting frayed near the charging port. I'm even thinking about buying the 15-inch MacBook Air.

FWIW with the USB-C chargers you can just replace the USB-C <-> USB-C portion using a 3rd party cable which makes it super cheap.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 22 2023 00:20 GMT
#211806
That's a hilarious idea. Nicely done!

I'm so entrenched in Windows and Android that I don't think I could ever use a mac.
Moderator
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
November 22 2023 10:47 GMT
#211807
I reall REALLY wanted a windows laptop but most of them (mostly because there's awful arm support in Windows and intel/amd low powered cpus are really slow compared to the M series) were terrible. Either bad battery life or sub par performance.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 22 2023 13:01 GMT
#211808
at least you can change yourself the battery and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg
plus you don't get sucked into the infernal cycle of having to buy the rest of the apple products
idk while windows definitly are not saint, i cant get behind apple. They literally made users download an update that slowed down their 2yo phones so they had to purchase the newest ones lmfao
how predatory is that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
November 30 2023 20:16 GMT
#211809
playing a lot of bg3 these days and it's very entertaining.
While I liked Divinity Original Sin 2, this is quite suprising.
passive quaranstream fan
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 01 2023 13:36 GMT
#211810
On December 01 2023 05:16 Artisreal wrote:
playing a lot of bg3 these days and it's very entertaining.
While I liked Divinity Original Sin 2, this is quite suprising.

I was really impressed on the whole. Great gameplay, great writing, extraordinary freedom for a crpg.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-14 08:09:59
December 14 2023 08:09 GMT
#211811
I've finally found time to play Cyberpunk and I am really whelmed. I like the ideas, but even 2.1 is still a weird buggy mess. Now I only had one crash and a couple of bugs with a single quest line where I had to reload the game for a trigger event as far as critical stuff goes. But the amount of clipping bugs, invisible walls for cars, physics glitches and stuff like that is really annoying.

Unrelated question, is nobody maintaining the Dota calendar anymore? I never see any events in the sidebar or Liquipedia Results of ongoing events.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
December 16 2023 04:31 GMT
#211812
I played thru Cyberpunk and liked it a decent bit - I was expecting it to be shit b/c that's what it was on release and didn't know it had been updated a bunch - instead it was just hollow but good. Felt like my 'build' had some identity and was fun, quests and dialogue feel like they've got a bunch of work in them... otherwise it feels like an emptier GTA game.
tehh4ck3r
Profile Joined August 2013
Magrathea7086 Posts
December 17 2023 03:17 GMT
#211813
I've been playing through it over the past few weeks for the first time and I am enjoying it. Can't speak to how it was on release but haven't had any major issues - biggest thing is that the auto-save/checkpointing isn't great and I've occasionally had to reload saves to get around quests not progressing properly.
AdministratorIn those days, spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
December 19 2023 09:03 GMT
#211814
I bought the 2018 God of War game on the recent steam sale and wow, what an experience, great gameplay and story all around. I've always heard great things about this game and they weren't exaggerated at all, easily one of the best games I've played.
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 19 2023 16:02 GMT
#211815
I’ve been eyeing gow for a while, just so many other games to get through. Maybe after I finish baldurs gate if there’s not an elden ring expansion by then…
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-20 16:23:38
December 20 2023 16:22 GMT
#211816
i thought gow 2018 was sick its just a shame the new one is a ps exclusive
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
December 21 2023 01:03 GMT
#211817
Now I finished Cyberpunk, got two different endings and + Show Spoiler +
post-good-story-depression is kicking in. These storylines are all so sad and depressing. I feel like an emotional wreck.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
December 22 2023 01:05 GMT
#211818
On December 21 2023 10:03 Slomo wrote:
Now I finished Cyberpunk, got two different endings and + Show Spoiler +
post-good-story-depression is kicking in. These storylines are all so sad and depressing. I feel like an emotional wreck.

Even if the game has its flaws, CDPR can write characters you feel very attached to.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
December 22 2023 08:15 GMT
#211819
On December 22 2023 10:05 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2023 10:03 Slomo wrote:
Now I finished Cyberpunk, got two different endings and + Show Spoiler +
post-good-story-depression is kicking in. These storylines are all so sad and depressing. I feel like an emotional wreck.

Even if the game has its flaws, CDPR can write characters you feel very attached to.

True. It felt hard at the beginning because the world is brand new and I did not have the familiarity with the world like I did in the Witcher games.
The longer I think about the game the more I like it actually.

Next up: Baldurs Gate 3. Maybe sometime in summer or so. First I have a new job to concentrate on.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
December 22 2023 17:53 GMT
#211820
Are you moving away from research? Or different science job?
passive quaranstream fan
Prev 1 10589 10590 10591 10592 10593 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 438
IndyStarCraft 226
Railgan 85
BRAT_OK 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19170
BeSt 431
Soma 209
Dewaltoss 124
Mind 107
hero 79
Zeus 49
Hyun 47
Killer 40
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
NaDa 18
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5042
qojqva3003
Dendi1381
420jenkins446
Counter-Strike
fl0m4369
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4213
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1046
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2490
B2W.Neo759
byalli479
ArmadaUGS197
Hui .166
KnowMe128
QueenE87
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• FirePhoenix3
• blackmanpl 1
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4071
League of Legends
• Nemesis2743
Other Games
• imaqtpie339
• Shiphtur232
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 33m
Replay Cast
5h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 33m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.