• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:24
CEST 06:24
KST 13:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War415.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

General Discussion - Page 457

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 455 456 457 458 459 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
April 26 2012 17:37 GMT
#9121
My favorite change after playing 3 games of brood today.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Never make a hydralisk.
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
April 26 2012 17:43 GMT
#9122
On April 27 2012 02:11 scorch- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:00 Pseudoku wrote:
On April 27 2012 01:16 myopia wrote:
Does anyone know of good vod's / match #'s with juggernaut? I'd like to see how (or if) he's played in high level games.


Here's a chinese player (LGD.ddc) using Juggernaut in DotA 2: 10079099

He's really not a competitive pick. Practically no replays from sgamer (http://dota.sgamer.com/tag/14917121615517390108.html) for recent tournament matches.


Na'Vi picked jugg as part of a push strat with enchantress and witch doctor and took a tier 2 tower 3 or 4 minutes into the game.


I'm talking about DotA 1 in regards to competitive play since DotA 2 is incomplete.
Logic fails because we are lazy.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:46:24
April 26 2012 18:44 GMT
#9123
So I'm still pretty new to dota. I mean I've played it forever, but I used to play dota1 like maybe a few games a week, never really cared to learn it. Was wondering if someone could maybe give a list or a link to one of what are actual strong carries and what are just pubstomp heroes that aren't actually strong. Same for supports/gankers if possible. I'm finding it really interesting how a lot of the heroes that seem to do very well in pubs and be very popular turn out to not actually be good at high level play.

Also I've been enjoying DK and morph a lot lately. What are your guys opinions on Eblade on morph, and what item build is good for DK? I've been going treads, domi, armlet, bkb, AC. satanic, but not really sure if that's the right way to build him. On morph I've been having a lot of fun with early Eblade but it seems kinda bad if the game goes into late game.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:54:42
April 26 2012 18:53 GMT
#9124
On April 27 2012 03:44 hunts wrote:
So I'm still pretty new to dota. I mean I've played it forever, but I used to play dota1 like maybe a few games a week, never really cared to learn it. Was wondering if someone could maybe give a list or a link to one of what are actual strong carries and what are just pubstomp heroes that aren't actually strong. Same for supports/gankers if possible. I'm finding it really interesting how a lot of the heroes that seem to do very well in pubs and be very popular turn out to not actually be good at high level play.

Also I've been enjoying DK and morph a lot lately. What are your guys opinions on Eblade on morph, and what item build is good for DK? I've been going treads, domi, armlet, bkb, AC. satanic, but not really sure if that's the right way to build him. On morph I've been having a lot of fun with early Eblade but it seems kinda bad if the game goes into late game.


I dislike Ethereal Blade on morph, since you only get a bit of burst dmg and then you're unable to attack for some time (unless you use BKB).

DK: Chinese DK's usually get Ptreads, Hood/Vanguard (depending on enemy composition), sometimes Drums, Assault Cuirass, BKB - and usually the game ends there.
Logic fails because we are lazy.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 26 2012 18:56 GMT
#9125
On April 27 2012 03:53 Pseudoku wrote:
I dislike Ethereal Blade on morph, since you only get a bit of burst dmg and then you're unable to attack for some time (unless you use BKB).

Manta Style also removes the EBlade active from yourself.

EBlade is situational on Morph. Either you get it because the teams in question make high burst damage very effective, or the EBlade active is likely to get high effectiveness against certain enemy carries.
Moderator
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 26 2012 19:17 GMT
#9126
On April 27 2012 03:53 Pseudoku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 03:44 hunts wrote:
So I'm still pretty new to dota. I mean I've played it forever, but I used to play dota1 like maybe a few games a week, never really cared to learn it. Was wondering if someone could maybe give a list or a link to one of what are actual strong carries and what are just pubstomp heroes that aren't actually strong. Same for supports/gankers if possible. I'm finding it really interesting how a lot of the heroes that seem to do very well in pubs and be very popular turn out to not actually be good at high level play.

Also I've been enjoying DK and morph a lot lately. What are your guys opinions on Eblade on morph, and what item build is good for DK? I've been going treads, domi, armlet, bkb, AC. satanic, but not really sure if that's the right way to build him. On morph I've been having a lot of fun with early Eblade but it seems kinda bad if the game goes into late game.


I dislike Ethereal Blade on morph, since you only get a bit of burst dmg and then you're unable to attack for some time (unless you use BKB).

DK: Chinese DK's usually get Ptreads, Hood/Vanguard (depending on enemy composition), sometimes Drums, Assault Cuirass, BKB - and usually the game ends there.

Vanguard isn't gotten on DK anymore. Usually they will get Pipe if there are no Pipe holders and they need it, then BKB then Mjolnir/AC. After that item choice usually gets situational.

eb on morph is very strong. if you have a very strong morph you can knock supports out of teamfights immediately, especially if they are out of position
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 20:05:37
April 26 2012 20:04 GMT
#9127
What are people's thoughts on Veil of Discord? I've been nabbing it on Warlock of all people lately and am actually enjoying it, but of course anything goes well with pubs. It seems cheaper than other later on options for Warlock so I've been grabbing it if games go later and I already have the more accessible support items I want.

It just seems to work really well with Fatal Bonds. I know it doesn't boost the HP Reduction damage of bonds itself, but 20% of x*1.25% is a larger number. It seems like you end up dealing a lot of extra damage overall. Plus with Warlock's ult you're pretty much sure to be able to get off a good Veil.

Take a 300 damage AoE nuke vs a team with no magic resistance (optimistic, but still). It normally does 225 damage, with veil it does 281 damage, that's +56 damage per target hit or 280 damage if you hit the whole team. Now if we have everyone bonded together we also deal 20% of that 56 damage as additional bond damage or another 220 damage if you hit the whole team (but nothing else). So that seems not too shabby, +500 damage from a single aoe magic damage spell by having fatal bonds & veil.

On top of that this also applies to the Immolation aura from the ultimate. The 50dps burn goes up to 62.5dps (before reduction). Sure it's not as good as having a 2nd burn aura around from a 2nd golem, but the veil is much cheaper and pretty damn easy to build.
Logo
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
April 26 2012 20:11 GMT
#9128
http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/04/dota-2-25th-april

i like phantom lancer, looking good.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 26 2012 20:19 GMT
#9129
PL could be fun, I see that some of Undying and Visage has also been put in, not a fan of Dirge but I am looking forward to Visage. Chaos Knight is looking great though.
WriterXiao8~~
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 26 2012 20:20 GMT
#9130
people enjoy playing visage?
Hates Fun🤔
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
April 26 2012 20:21 GMT
#9131
On April 27 2012 05:19 Kipsate wrote:
PL could be fun, I see that some of Undying and Visage has also been put in, not a fan of Dirge but I am looking forward to Visage. Chaos Knight is looking great though.


I wish ck looks like golbez on a horse. That would be so cool.
High Risk Low Reward
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 26 2012 20:21 GMT
#9132
please put in ck, tc, gs asap. i wish
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 26 2012 20:25 GMT
#9133
On April 27 2012 05:20 paper wrote:
people enjoy playing visage?

Whats wrong with that?I find him to be a very entertaining hero.
WriterXiao8~~
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 26 2012 20:25 GMT
#9134
that's b/c ur chinese
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 26 2012 20:26 GMT
#9135
KIPSATE IS ASIAN????????????
Hates Fun🤔
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
April 26 2012 20:30 GMT
#9136
On April 26 2012 21:34 Doraemon wrote:
do you guys prefer legacy or qwer? i was tempted to switch to qwer but left it as legacy, it looks like QWER is more efficient? hmm


only use legacy when i use my beloved slardar :DDDDD i always needed a pause lol
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
April 26 2012 20:40 GMT
#9137
I love Visage. Second favorite hero after WD.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 20:43:36
April 26 2012 20:42 GMT
#9138
On April 27 2012 05:25 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 05:20 paper wrote:
people enjoy playing visage?

Whats wrong with that?I find him to be a very entertaining hero.

You're also like the only person in the world who's most wanted hero in DotA 2 is Medusa.

On April 27 2012 05:21 rabidch wrote:
please put in ck, tc, gs asap. i wish

Could care less about CK, but fuck yes to TC and Shredder.
Moderator
kethers
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States719 Posts
April 26 2012 20:44 GMT
#9139
On April 27 2012 05:20 paper wrote:
people enjoy playing visage?


Visage is a very strong tri-laner due to the huge amounts of burst damage he can put out in skirmishes with Soul Assumption. Also, his ultimate provides additional lane control and is a decent stun if chained correctly. His Grave Chill is also amazing for setting up ganks.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-08 23:54:10
April 26 2012 20:51 GMT
#9140
On April 27 2012 05:42 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 05:25 Kipsate wrote:
people enjoy playing visage?

Whats wrong with that?I find him to be a very entertaining hero.

You're also like the only person in the world whose most wanted hero in DotA 2 is Medusa.
"When Medusa comes out, I'm going to spend an entire week last-hitting..."
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Prev 1 455 456 457 458 459 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 187
Bale 28
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 666
Other Games
summit1g7393
Coldzera 670
WinterStarcraft529
C9.Mang0271
ViBE123
Sick113
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1011
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP122
• practicex 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Rush405
Other Games
• Shiphtur497
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
5h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
7h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.