• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9013 users

General Discussion - Page 459

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 457 458 459 460 461 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 26 2012 23:59 GMT
#9161
On April 27 2012 06:32 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 05:57 Qbek wrote:
I just want lanaya and mortred :c


Ugh once Mortred, Luna, and PL make it over pubs are going to be unbearable.

Nerubian Assasin
WriterXiao8~~
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
April 27 2012 00:17 GMT
#9162
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
April 27 2012 00:55 GMT
#9163
On April 27 2012 09:17 dmnum wrote:
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D


when i first picked up dota i played SA for like 20 games, now i'm back doing the same lol.

i don't know for some reason my game feels more zoomed in that most of the streamers, is that just me? ><
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
April 27 2012 00:57 GMT
#9164
On April 27 2012 09:55 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 09:17 dmnum wrote:
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D


when i first picked up dota i played SA for like 20 games, now i'm back doing the same lol.

i don't know for some reason my game feels more zoomed in that most of the streamers, is that just me? ><

Could be you, what's your resolution?
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
April 27 2012 00:59 GMT
#9165
On April 27 2012 09:57 5-s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 09:55 Doraemon wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:17 dmnum wrote:
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D


when i first picked up dota i played SA for like 20 games, now i'm back doing the same lol.

i don't know for some reason my game feels more zoomed in that most of the streamers, is that just me? ><

Could be you, what's your resolution?


not sure, i'm at work at the moment. mind sharing yours if you can? thanks
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 01:03:31
April 27 2012 01:02 GMT
#9166
spoiler: graphic 18+ rated M for Matured
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


jezuz scary
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
April 27 2012 01:06 GMT
#9167
On April 27 2012 10:02 NB wrote:
spoiler: graphic 18+ rated M for Matured
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


jezuz scary

That...elvis...hair
*shivers*
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
April 27 2012 01:10 GMT
#9168
On April 27 2012 09:59 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 09:57 5-s wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:55 Doraemon wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:17 dmnum wrote:
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D


when i first picked up dota i played SA for like 20 games, now i'm back doing the same lol.

i don't know for some reason my game feels more zoomed in that most of the streamers, is that just me? ><

Could be you, what's your resolution?


not sure, i'm at work at the moment. mind sharing yours if you can? thanks

Basically the wider the resolution, the more you see, afaik. That could explain the difference between what you see and what you see on streams.
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
April 27 2012 01:15 GMT
#9169
On April 27 2012 10:06 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 10:02 NB wrote:
spoiler: graphic 18+ rated M for Matured
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


jezuz scary

That...elvis...hair
*shivers*


That hair really needs redone. It looks too clean compared to the body.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
April 27 2012 01:51 GMT
#9170
On April 27 2012 10:10 5-s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 09:59 Doraemon wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:57 5-s wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:55 Doraemon wrote:
On April 27 2012 09:17 dmnum wrote:
I remember when I first started playing and only picked luna. So much fun when there are 3 people chasing you, you run into the woods and ult :D


when i first picked up dota i played SA for like 20 games, now i'm back doing the same lol.

i don't know for some reason my game feels more zoomed in that most of the streamers, is that just me? ><

Could be you, what's your resolution?


not sure, i'm at work at the moment. mind sharing yours if you can? thanks

Basically the wider the resolution, the more you see, afaik. That could explain the difference between what you see and what you see on streams.


hmmph. interesting, i'll give it a go when i get home. thanks!

can finally stay up tonight to watch the starseries final. wooo
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
April 27 2012 02:18 GMT
#9171
One of the best teams and dota movies of all time. http://www.sk-gaming.com/video/6228-The_VirtusPro_Movie
if you can believe you can concieve
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
April 27 2012 03:08 GMT
#9172
So how do I get into and learn this game without pissing a bunch of people off? I have a 6 month background in LoL but that's all the experience I have. I heard the bots are pretty brutal as well
@miicah88
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
April 27 2012 03:26 GMT
#9173
On April 27 2012 12:08 miicah wrote:
So how do I get into and learn this game without pissing a bunch of people off? I have a 6 month background in LoL but that's all the experience I have. I heard the bots are pretty brutal as well


do you have many friends that play?

i was lucky when i first started dota a while back i always had a 4-5 stack of friends teaching me.
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
April 27 2012 03:44 GMT
#9174
On April 27 2012 12:08 miicah wrote:
So how do I get into and learn this game without pissing a bunch of people off? I have a 6 month background in LoL but that's all the experience I have. I heard the bots are pretty brutal as well


Just play. That's what I'm doing. I've got raged on only once so far. (Which was really weird because it was a bot game and some dude who was in mid kept bitching at me for dying every minute to Juggernaut. I mean come on it's a bot game why so ragey?) So apart from that people have been very nice and helpful. Got to say I love the community so far it's not mad flame fest like in LoL.

What I also like is that sometimes you can miss someone in another lane dying (maybe it's just me but sometimes I don't even notice someone say bot died and I'm in the top lane until like few seconds later when I see the score) which I feel helps people not rage the moment they see someone died (LoL again when you get a big flashy <player1> has slain <player2> in the screen and the rage fest starts)

P.S I'm not trying to start a versus discussion on both games since I play both and enjoy both.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
April 27 2012 03:44 GMT
#9175
[image loading]

interesting... Aria in Game of thrones?
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
April 27 2012 04:27 GMT
#9176
On April 27 2012 12:08 miicah wrote:
So how do I get into and learn this game without pissing a bunch of people off? I have a 6 month background in LoL but that's all the experience I have. I heard the bots are pretty brutal as well


Just jump in and play. Your MMR will adjust to play with people around your skill level.

The bots don't seem any worse or better than in LoL though. If you have a clue what you're doing you will roll them. Haven't tried playing the unfair bots yet though so maybe that is the issue.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 27 2012 04:39 GMT
#9177
On April 27 2012 06:31 Skullflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 06:00 Steveling wrote:
Yeah, the valve guys said that they want all the viable heroes before the TI2 and that obviously means 2 things.
First that we won't have all heroes before that and second that techies will be literally the last one to port over.
SO FUCK OFF! DENDI Y U NO PLAY TECHIES AND PROVE HES VIABLE!


Tobi said during his Q&A that the timeline they presented to him was all heroes in bar 5 to 10 before The International.


Yep, he and Synd also thought its unlikely techies would be in before TI2 just because its not a competitive hero so its a waste of time to port

I am very okay with this
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 27 2012 04:41 GMT
#9178
On April 27 2012 12:44 NB wrote:
[image loading]

interesting... Aria in Game of thrones?


...how do you come up with that relation whatsoever lol, I can't even fathom how you look at this new venge and think Aria .-.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
April 27 2012 04:44 GMT
#9179
an aria is a piece of music for one singer
not the youngest daughter of the starks
they aren't even pronounced the same dude
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
April 27 2012 04:45 GMT
#9180
On April 27 2012 12:08 miicah wrote:
So how do I get into and learn this game without pissing a bunch of people off? I have a 6 month background in LoL but that's all the experience I have. I heard the bots are pretty brutal as well

You will always piss someone off tho. Most of the time they are the one feeding. ;o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Prev 1 457 458 459 460 461 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 762
Soulkey 313
Larva 261
Soma 186
Zeus 181
Mini 133
Horang2 92
Mind 71
ZerO 65
Sexy 65
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Other Games
gofns22950
singsing1721
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax95
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV228
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos2350
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
40m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.