That's just brilliant. X-D
DSR. Very doto, accuracy good.
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
-Celestial-
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 05 2013 20:37 GMT
#89461
On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well That's just brilliant. X-D DSR. Very doto, accuracy good. | ||
|
hariooo
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:39 GMT
#89462
I expect you all to turn into CS majors now. | ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
December 05 2013 20:39 GMT
#89463
On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. | ||
|
Yoshi-
Germany10227 Posts
December 05 2013 20:40 GMT
#89464
| ||
|
Targe
United Kingdom14103 Posts
December 05 2013 20:43 GMT
#89465
hb q-god | ||
|
hariooo
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:45 GMT
#89466
On December 06 2013 05:39 SKC wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. It means the average MMR of all players in those games are going to be lower than if he was solo q'ing. DSR is to some significant extent (from the creator's mouth) based off that value. I can't imagine Bulldog going EE-levels of tryhard in those kinds of games either, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he might have a lower DSR compared to pubstars. | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
December 05 2013 20:45 GMT
#89467
On December 06 2013 05:39 hariooo wrote: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1s6ifu/so_the_author_of_mydotaskillcom_made_his_code/ I expect you all to turn into CS majors now. Nah, I'm just going to call it bad and dumb because of the results it has given. | ||
|
Yoshi-
Germany10227 Posts
December 05 2013 20:45 GMT
#89468
| ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
December 05 2013 20:47 GMT
#89469
On December 06 2013 05:45 hariooo wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:39 SKC wrote: On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. It means the average MMR of all players in those games are going to be lower than if he was solo q'ing. DSR is to some significant extent (from the creator's mouth) based off that value. I can't imagine Bulldog going EE-levels of tryhard in those kinds of games either, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he might have a lower DSR compared to pubstars. 2GD is a pubstar? Just because Admiral Bulldogs MMR is lower than it could be doesn't mean he should be that low. They also don't queue exclusivelly with each other. 2GD has even talked about how his games are very diferent when he doesn't stack with Draskyl. His MMR isn't that high at all. | ||
|
FinestHour
United States18466 Posts
December 05 2013 20:48 GMT
#89470
| ||
|
-Celestial-
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 05 2013 20:49 GMT
#89471
On December 06 2013 05:47 SKC wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:45 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:39 SKC wrote: On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. It means the average MMR of all players in those games are going to be lower than if he was solo q'ing. DSR is to some significant extent (from the creator's mouth) based off that value. I can't imagine Bulldog going EE-levels of tryhard in those kinds of games either, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he might have a lower DSR compared to pubstars. 2GD is a pubstar? Just because Admiral Bulldogs MMR is lower than it could be doesn't mean he should be that low. They also don't queue exclusivelly with each other. Not to mention s4 and EGM are mentioned as well. Haha. | ||
|
Milkis
5003 Posts
December 05 2013 20:50 GMT
#89472
I think such a methodology can work very well to rate players but I don't think how he's accomplishing is the best way ever. There's a lot of issues with such a system too that I wonder if it was addressed (I don't really want to read that code). But it's really not difficult to think which ones work or not. One more thing is that every rating system has anomalies -- I mean, not everyone tryhard ladders every game and I think things like that affect your rating probably. | ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
December 05 2013 20:52 GMT
#89473
Valve had that system that tried to compare your performance with other players with each heroes, and we all remember how accurate it was. | ||
|
hariooo
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:53 GMT
#89474
On December 06 2013 05:47 SKC wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:45 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:39 SKC wrote: On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. It means the average MMR of all players in those games are going to be lower than if he was solo q'ing. DSR is to some significant extent (from the creator's mouth) based off that value. I can't imagine Bulldog going EE-levels of tryhard in those kinds of games either, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he might have a lower DSR compared to pubstars. 2GD is a pubstar? Just because Admiral Bulldogs MMR is lower than it could be doesn't mean he should be that low. They also don't queue exclusivelly with each other. 2GD has even talked about how his games are very diferent when he doesn't stack with Draskyl. His MMR isn't that high at all. Right but MMR and DSR are different measures and not directly comparable as far as I know. If 2GD frequently stacks with people of higher MMR than him and Bulldog frequently stacks with people of lower MMR than him, this is an explanation for the difference in DSR's. | ||
|
SKC
Brazil18828 Posts
December 05 2013 20:54 GMT
#89475
On December 06 2013 05:53 hariooo wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:47 SKC wrote: On December 06 2013 05:45 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:39 SKC wrote: On December 06 2013 05:36 hariooo wrote: On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote: On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote: I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this: http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA. its good for this as well https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176 Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising. The fact he queues with someone doesn't really change how good of a player he is. It means the average MMR of all players in those games are going to be lower than if he was solo q'ing. DSR is to some significant extent (from the creator's mouth) based off that value. I can't imagine Bulldog going EE-levels of tryhard in those kinds of games either, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he might have a lower DSR compared to pubstars. 2GD is a pubstar? Just because Admiral Bulldogs MMR is lower than it could be doesn't mean he should be that low. They also don't queue exclusivelly with each other. 2GD has even talked about how his games are very diferent when he doesn't stack with Draskyl. His MMR isn't that high at all. Right but MMR and DSR are different measures and not directly comparable as far as I know. If 2GD frequently stacks with people of higher MMR than him and Bulldog frequently stacks with people of lower MMR than him, this is an explanation for the difference in DSR's. Oh, sure, that could definatelly be the reason why they are diferent. Which is also why Dota Skill Rating is a shit Skill Rating if it doesn't rate skill. I don't think anyone is arguing MMR and DSR are not very diferent from each other. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 05 2013 20:55 GMT
#89476
That might work in LoL where every hero is literally designed to be played exactly 1 way, but its completely irrelevant in Dota. Take mirana. Sing_Sing plays mirana middle as a dynamic playmaker and secondary farmer. Fluffnstuff plays Mirana as a secondary support, providing disable, damage, and a global invis ulti as well as some team mobility and ganks. XBOCT plays Mirana as a primary carry, gathering safe lane farm and looking to go into the lategame if he must. The GPMs, KDAs and everything else are WILDLY different for all those players. Are you going to say that fluffnstuff is a 200DSR player because he has like 150gpm average on mirana when XBOCT has like 450 average? Its literally retarded to try and compare people based on anything to do with KDA or GPM, especially when it is hero specific. I mean this rating rewards the absolute worst players who do stuff like stealing farm as a support and killstealing etc etc. Or god forbid play stuff like Carry CM. Doing something like swapping your carry to safety as venge literally lowers your DSR. HOW STUPID IS THAT? | ||
|
hariooo
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:57 GMT
#89477
On December 06 2013 05:52 SKC wrote: When he says it's better than Valve's system, you also have to account how that would affect matchmaking. Such as playing heroes in not standard ways and padding stats. Focusing too much on KDA is not a good idea. Valve had that system that tried to compare your performance with other players with each heroes, and we all remember how accurate it was. Well until someone wants to sift through the code there's really no telling what sort of weighting is assigned to KDR versus other parameters. At this point you can probably find out more about how DSR is calculated than Valve's internal MMR, the latter of which people already criticize heavily. | ||
|
Milkis
5003 Posts
December 05 2013 20:58 GMT
#89478
On December 06 2013 05:55 Sn0_Man wrote: That might work in LoL where every hero is literally designed to be played exactly 1 way, but its completely irrelevant in Dota. Take mirana. Sing_Sing plays mirana middle as a dynamic playmaker and secondary farmer. Fluffnstuff plays Mirana as a secondary support, providing disable, damage, and a global invis ulti as well as some team mobility and ganks. XBOCT plays Mirana as a primary carry, gathering safe lane farm and looking to go into the lategame if he must. The GPMs, KDAs and everything else are WILDLY different for all those players. Are you going to say that fluffnstuff is a 200DSR player because he has like 150gpm average on mirana when XBOCT has like 450 average? Its literally retarded to try and compare people based on anything to do with KDA or GPM, especially when it is hero specific. Yeah but with enough games or item progressions or builds you should be able to tell those apart. That's the point of machine learning algos when run properly. For example if you have a low CS and low GPM but you still have lots of Assists and what not it's very easy to tell you're playing support (or you just suck). The point is that you should be able to categorize things based on those statistics and I think given how we have gold priority this isn't impossible. | ||
|
devilesk
United States140 Posts
December 05 2013 20:58 GMT
#89479
On December 06 2013 05:50 Milkis wrote: I don't really want to go through all that PHP but it seems like the general idea was to train a bunch of data to get stuff like kda/xpm/gpm and such for every hero and judged you by the performance of those statistics per hero. That would be my guess. This is why he can get away with "20 games" for that reason. I think such a methodology can work very well to rate players but I don't think how he's accomplishing is the best way ever. There's a lot of issues with such a system too that I wonder if it was addressed (I don't really want to read that code). But it's really not difficult to think which ones work or not. One more thing is that every rating system has anomalies -- I mean, not everyone tryhard ladders every game and I think things like that affect your rating probably. No, he might train with all that data, but ultimately the question he's trying to solve with his model is whether a game is "pro-level" or "normal". From his training, he can "graph" a surface that represents the baseline between pro and normal. Anything below the surface is normal and anything above it is pro. He's using the distance from that surface as the metric for generating his rating, which is I believe a point of contention for people knowledgeable about SVM (I am not), because it seems like the model's simple purpose is just to make that binary decision. | ||
|
Milkis
5003 Posts
December 05 2013 21:00 GMT
#89480
On December 06 2013 05:58 devilesk wrote: Show nested quote + On December 06 2013 05:50 Milkis wrote: I don't really want to go through all that PHP but it seems like the general idea was to train a bunch of data to get stuff like kda/xpm/gpm and such for every hero and judged you by the performance of those statistics per hero. That would be my guess. This is why he can get away with "20 games" for that reason. I think such a methodology can work very well to rate players but I don't think how he's accomplishing is the best way ever. There's a lot of issues with such a system too that I wonder if it was addressed (I don't really want to read that code). But it's really not difficult to think which ones work or not. One more thing is that every rating system has anomalies -- I mean, not everyone tryhard ladders every game and I think things like that affect your rating probably. No, he might train with all that data, but ultimately the question he's trying to solve with his model is whether a game is "pro-level" or "normal". From his training, he can "graph" a surface that represents the baseline between pro and normal. Anything below the surface is normal and anything above it is pro. He's using the distance from that surface as the metric for generating his rating, which is I believe a point of contention for people knowledgeable about SVM (I am not), because it seems like the model's simple purpose is just to make that binary decision. Yeah I'm definitely not defending how he implemented it -- I'd have approached it very differently. There's a lot to criticize on the implementation, but the idea itself isn't without merit IMO Like I think if he just looked at stuff like CS, game length, etc, to control for that he'd have a much stronger rating. But I agree that doing that based on just one GPM/XPM/KDA estimate per a single hero isn't the best idea ever. | ||
| ||
StarCraft: Brood War Dota 2 League of Legends Heroes of the Storm Other Games summit1g9375 FrodaN2553 Liquid`RaSZi2005 C9.Mang0359 ToD287 Livibee192 Pyrionflax124 Maynarde52 Mew2King51 ArmadaUGS27 Organizations Other Games
StarCraft 2 • Hupsaiya StarCraft: Brood War• musti20045 • HeavenSC • Sammyuel • AfreecaTV YouTube • intothetv • Kozan • IndyKCrew • Migwel Other Games |
|
OSC
Replay Cast
OSC
WardiTV Weekly
PiGosaur Cup
Kung Fu Cup
The PondCast
Online Event
Korean StarCraft League
Afreeca Starleague
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ] CranKy Ducklings
BSL Open Qualifier
Sparkling Tuna Cup
BSL Open Qualifier
|
|
|