• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:46
CEST 23:46
KST 06:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12868 users

General Discussion - Page 4473

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
December 05 2013 19:53 GMT
#89441
You guys trying so hard to make yango waste his 20k post here, aren't you?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
devilesk
Profile Joined May 2005
United States140 Posts
December 05 2013 19:54 GMT
#89442
On December 06 2013 04:38 hariooo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2013 04:20 LeLoup wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:01 hariooo wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:44 Sn0_Man wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:43 Incze wrote:
The site is updating again, at the rate it's been going I expect my next DSR to be about 400.
Man, the guy with the site is really smart , he knows how to create traffic

On December 03 2013 04:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
"We acknowledge that our old system had nothing to do with reality. In order to continue getting massive traffic, we have reworked the system to have even less to do with reality. Note that your old score isn't relevant anymore (not that it ever was) so please visit our site again because we want more hits. If you don't like your rating please blame it on your friends. Check back daily because we like hits".



No one laughed the first time but maybe if I try again...


Funny because you've been nothing but a massive cock, and yet you continue to talk. Interesting how that works.


People will tear you apart on this forum if you build a Battlefury on a Bounty Hunter but if you tell someone that there is a mathematical reason why some of their basic complaints with DSR are invalid, suddenly everyone gets extremely sensitive.


Are my complaints about DSR invalid? No one seems to actually want to seriously discuss DSR.
www.devilesk.com/dota2
njt7
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden769 Posts
December 05 2013 19:58 GMT
#89443
I think you just touched on the problem hariooo is having with all this.
"All the casters who flamed me ever for anything."
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-05 20:01:49
December 05 2013 19:59 GMT
#89444
if you want to discuss dsr just reread the last 20 pages.
There really isnt that much to talk about.
Its a rating system, but since it isnt made by valve and works on imperfect input data its ratings are not 100% accurate. Trying to figure out how much less then 100% accurate it is sounds like a horribly boring discussion that doesnt really have anywhere to go.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
December 05 2013 20:09 GMT
#89445
No Fnatic in Gleague makes me sad...
EZ4ENCE
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
December 05 2013 20:14 GMT
#89446
the only thing good about DSR is that it lets you laugh at your friends
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:15 GMT
#89447
On December 06 2013 04:54 devilesk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2013 04:38 hariooo wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:20 LeLoup wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:01 hariooo wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:44 Sn0_Man wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:43 Incze wrote:
The site is updating again, at the rate it's been going I expect my next DSR to be about 400.
Man, the guy with the site is really smart , he knows how to create traffic

On December 03 2013 04:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
"We acknowledge that our old system had nothing to do with reality. In order to continue getting massive traffic, we have reworked the system to have even less to do with reality. Note that your old score isn't relevant anymore (not that it ever was) so please visit our site again because we want more hits. If you don't like your rating please blame it on your friends. Check back daily because we like hits".



No one laughed the first time but maybe if I try again...


Funny because you've been nothing but a massive cock, and yet you continue to talk. Interesting how that works.


People will tear you apart on this forum if you build a Battlefury on a Bounty Hunter but if you tell someone that there is a mathematical reason why some of their basic complaints with DSR are invalid, suddenly everyone gets extremely sensitive.


Are my complaints about DSR invalid? No one seems to actually want to seriously discuss DSR.


You mean this?

On December 06 2013 04:03 devilesk wrote:
If all his ML algorithm is doing is trying to classify matches as pro or not pro and the ratings are just derived from uncertainty because it can't perfectly say whether a match is pro or not, then how is what DSR is measuring any different than Normal, High, and Very High brackets? If anything, it seems strictly worse, because rather than partitioning games into 3 brackets, it partitions them into just two.


I haven't read anything anywhere about there being 2 brackets split by pro or not pro so I don't even know what that is about. The site is down so I can't even look for what you're talking about.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 05 2013 20:23 GMT
#89448
I know for a fact that the DRS system is 56% less accurate than the system Valve would make. At best they can get to 78% accurate if they try, but that is the best we can hope for.

Also making up numbers is fun!
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
December 05 2013 20:24 GMT
#89449
On December 06 2013 05:14 writer22816 wrote:
the only thing good about DSR is that it lets you laugh at your friends


visas are the worst thing in esports

if only we had backing from respectable companies like riot and tencent
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
December 05 2013 20:25 GMT
#89450
On December 06 2013 05:23 Plansix wrote:
I know for a fact that the DRS system is 56% less accurate than the system Valve would make. At best they can get to 78% accurate if they try, but that is the best we can hope for.

Also making up numbers is fun!


I've been running the numbers, and there is a 75% chance that DSR is 47.7% more useless than what Valve could have made which is 82.4% correct in solo que in the event where you have a 36% chance to win with your best hero if the other people on your team each have 25% or more.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 05 2013 20:25 GMT
#89451
Its OK harioo, I wrote a quick algorithm that has 98% chance of correctly predicting the outcome of a dota match.

You should probably just believe me because I'm telling you this. When I completely rewrite the algorithm tomorrow to change your rating from 200 to 890 you should just assume that I know exactly what I'm doing and I'm making it more accurate. The next day, when I decide your rating is ACTUALLY 72, thats still fine. Just keep believing me. After all, I can predict the outcome of matches with 98% accuracy. Anybody who disputes me obviously understands nothing about statistics, you should go insult them on online forums. After all, I have mathematical proof I'm right. Or at least, I say I do and obviously I've never lied to random people on the internet, that would be silly.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
devilesk
Profile Joined May 2005
United States140 Posts
December 05 2013 20:28 GMT
#89452
On December 06 2013 04:59 PassiveAce wrote:
if you want to discuss dsr just reread the last 20 pages.
There really isnt that much to talk about.
Its a rating system, but since it isnt made by valve and works on imperfect input data its ratings are not 100% accurate. Trying to figure out how much less then 100% accurate it is sounds like a horribly boring discussion that doesnt really have anywhere to go.


I don't want to just discuss how rating systems suck in general or how this is inferior to Elo or how the data is imperfect. I want to discuss his actual methods and what his methods are actually measuring, because he recently just gave us a little more explanation about what he does.

From my understanding, his model tries to classify matches as either pro or not pro. What is determined to be pro is set by whatever he trains his machine learning algorithm with (something like a set of pro games). Once he has determined a baseline for what is considered a pro game, he can then go through matches and say whether a game is pro bracket or not. Since it's not a perfect system, he can only give a probability for how confident it is in classifying whether a match is pro or not. And from these probabilities, DSR is derived.

My criticism is that it's still ultimately just classifying matches as either in bracket A (pro) or bracket B. It's just two brackets. That's the metric that his model is trying to approximate, and if his model could perfectly say whether a match is pro or not, then DSR wouldn't even exist. With a perfect model, DSR would be eliminated and you'd just be left with what % of your matches are in a pro bracket. To me, a metric that tells you what % of your matches are in a pro bracket seems the same as if I told you what % of your games are played in very high bracket. So if just knowing what % of your matches are in pro bracket isn't good, why would DSR, an approximation of that, be any better?
www.devilesk.com/dota2
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
December 05 2013 20:28 GMT
#89453
On December 06 2013 05:25 Sn0_Man wrote:
Its OK harioo, I wrote a quick algorithm that has 98% chance of correctly predicting the outcome of a dota match.

You should probably just believe me because I'm telling you this. When I completely rewrite the algorithm tomorrow to change your rating from 200 to 890 you should just assume that I know exactly what I'm doing and I'm making it more accurate. The next day, when I decide your rating is ACTUALLY 72, thats still fine. Just keep believing me. After all, I can predict the outcome of matches with 98% accuracy. Anybody who disputes me obviously understands nothing about statistics, you should go insult them on online forums. After all, I have mathematical proof I'm right. Or at least, I say I do and obviously I've never lied to random people on the internet, that would be silly.

Sample size of like 30 games.

When there is like 50 variables you need to control for.

Seems legit.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
December 05 2013 20:29 GMT
#89454
I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this:

http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png

Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 05 2013 20:30 GMT
#89455
This thread has now devolved into a combination of hilarity and some SERIOUS Yango bait for that 20k post. X-D

Please, carry on.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
devilesk
Profile Joined May 2005
United States140 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-05 20:34:36
December 05 2013 20:31 GMT
#89456
On December 06 2013 05:15 hariooo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2013 04:54 devilesk wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:38 hariooo wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:20 LeLoup wrote:
On December 06 2013 04:01 hariooo wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:44 Sn0_Man wrote:
On December 06 2013 03:43 Incze wrote:
The site is updating again, at the rate it's been going I expect my next DSR to be about 400.
Man, the guy with the site is really smart , he knows how to create traffic

On December 03 2013 04:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
"We acknowledge that our old system had nothing to do with reality. In order to continue getting massive traffic, we have reworked the system to have even less to do with reality. Note that your old score isn't relevant anymore (not that it ever was) so please visit our site again because we want more hits. If you don't like your rating please blame it on your friends. Check back daily because we like hits".



No one laughed the first time but maybe if I try again...


Funny because you've been nothing but a massive cock, and yet you continue to talk. Interesting how that works.


People will tear you apart on this forum if you build a Battlefury on a Bounty Hunter but if you tell someone that there is a mathematical reason why some of their basic complaints with DSR are invalid, suddenly everyone gets extremely sensitive.


Are my complaints about DSR invalid? No one seems to actually want to seriously discuss DSR.


You mean this?

Show nested quote +
On December 06 2013 04:03 devilesk wrote:
If all his ML algorithm is doing is trying to classify matches as pro or not pro and the ratings are just derived from uncertainty because it can't perfectly say whether a match is pro or not, then how is what DSR is measuring any different than Normal, High, and Very High brackets? If anything, it seems strictly worse, because rather than partitioning games into 3 brackets, it partitions them into just two.


I haven't read anything anywhere about there being 2 brackets split by pro or not pro so I don't even know what that is about. The site is down so I can't even look for what you're talking about.


I got all that from reading his reddit posts.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1s4ezx/mydotaskillcom_and_why_it_should_be_ignored/cdtubbc?context=3

And in another post he pretty much told me to look up "SVM" which I did on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Support_vector_machine

Others who seem more knowledgeable on the subject also mention things like that. If I had to draw a comparison DSR uses the classification of matches as pro or not pro to create a rating similar to how Elo uses W/L to create a rating. However, my criticism is that DSR isn't even based on that, but on the uncertainty in his attempt to classify matches.
www.devilesk.com/dota2
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
December 05 2013 20:31 GMT
#89457
for more appropriate discussion, TL better never pick mirana or slardar for TC again.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
December 05 2013 20:33 GMT
#89458
On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote:
I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this:

http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png

Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA.


its good for this as well

Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
December 05 2013 20:33 GMT
#89459
Btw my bitdefender flags that dsr site with a malware.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
December 05 2013 20:36 GMT
#89460
On December 06 2013 05:33 Klonere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2013 05:29 crms wrote:
I don't care how accurate, inaccurate, bullshit or truthful DSR ends up being, the entire site and all the drama was worth it just for this:

http://i.imgur.com/VzbcciG.png

Trolling friends about DSR has been more fun this week than actually playing DOTA.


its good for this as well

https://twitter.com/HASHTAGGSL/status/408218149771698176


Bulldog queues pubs with Sheever a lot. This particular example isn't too surprising.
Prev 1 4471 4472 4473 4474 4475 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14600
Shuttle 344
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 141
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift3236
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9610
FrodaN2307
Liquid`RaSZi2091
fl0m1864
crisheroes286
ToD272
C9.Mang0269
Livibee175
Pyrionflax151
IndyStarCraft 136
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1025
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 33
• Adnapsc2 27
• Sammyuel 6
• HeavenSC 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1689
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV311
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 14m
Replay Cast
1h 14m
OSC
14h 14m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.