General Discussion - Page 4455
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Asha
United Kingdom38257 Posts
| ||
|
SkelA
Macedonia13090 Posts
| ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
| ||
|
teddyoojo
Germany22369 Posts
| ||
|
Excludos
Norway8279 Posts
On December 05 2013 00:58 Nevuk wrote: When is it worth it to level stats over time lapse? Since I'm pretty much a pro player already, I clearly know best and you should all listen to me. In a 5v1 (you are on the team with 5) in -wtf mode, its worth skilling stats over time lapse because if you accidentally spam time lapse you risk the chance of lapsing to the point before you used it, making it completely useless. I've also run the numbers, and with the additional 2 points in agility you can push a lane 11.1% harder if you pick up phase boots. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On December 05 2013 00:58 Nevuk wrote: When is it worth it to level stats over time lapse? Alright, you are getting chased as weaver at level5, and hit level 6 during the chase. You don't have enough mana to cast timelapse, but leveling stats at level 6 will give you just enough mana to cast another shukuchi. Bam everything situational. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
| ||
|
teddyoojo
Germany22369 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:21 SilverStar wrote: Why are you people obsessed with this DSR thing? because everyone wants a fucking rating system i thought we had this established over the last 39 discussions here | ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
+ Show Spoiler + big numbers r kewl | ||
|
Excludos
Norway8279 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:21 SilverStar wrote: Why are you people obsessed with this DSR thing? It just proves that people are very interested and eager to know how they're actually doing, and how stupid it is for Valve to keep it from them. I'm 100% sure valve could make a decent system that showed you your own progress without making it additional fodder for flame fest inside the games. But for some reason they're reluctant to. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
Besides you can always pretend that its your bad friends dragging ur TMM ranking down. PS: obligatory brag about >4500 TMM rating hue | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
| ||
|
Jehct
New Zealand9115 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:23 Excludos wrote: It just proves that people are very interested and eager to know how they're actually doing, and how stupid it is for Valve to keep it from them. I'm 100% sure valve could make a decent system that showed you your own progress without making it additional fodder for flame fest inside the games. But for some reason they're reluctant to. Or it's really really hard to do. Has there been a single online game with a rating system that's never devolved to people checking and making judgements based on it? Especially in a decently stressful game like dota Christ, I've had friends ask me how many wins I have (profile set to private). Guys I've played 30+ games with, talked with a decent amount, getting frustrated and looking for something to blame. I had to give them my wins and losses just to get them to shut up. It's not like either of us played any better afterwards, either. I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons for a rating system, but the vast majority of the time people look to it for pretty terrible reasons. There are better ways to do positive reinforcement than a ratings system - especially since you don't play better when your stressing about your rating. The items system is one example of this. On December 05 2013 01:27 Plansix wrote: People are addicted to the feed back loop of winnig games an getting rewarded for winning games. Hats, numbers, blowjobs, it's all the same. People just want a system that reward them for winning and to look at a numbering going up. thing is it comes with a negative loop, and that loop is seriously destructive. I know giving a shit about my starcraft rating burned me out on the game. I only had fun with it when I stopped caring and started exploring the game again. | ||
|
-Celestial-
United Kingdom3867 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:22 teddyoojo wrote: because everyone wants a fucking rating system i thought we had this established over the last 39 discussions here Actually I don't, so its not "everyone". Personally I just find it hillarious because, yet again, its another broken attempt at rating people in a team game. X-D | ||
|
Plansix
United States60190 Posts
| ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:38 Plansix wrote: Fuck, we have devolved into a talk about rating systems. Quickly, let's talk about how the new alliance set for PA changes her basic design and ruins everything?!!!? Before Yango finds us!!!! More importantly it covers her eyes. How the hell does she see? | ||
|
Jehct
New Zealand9115 Posts
| ||
|
Mataza
Germany5364 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:21 SilverStar wrote: Why are you people obsessed with this DSR thing? Because it exists and it is awful. First iteration based on xpm, gpm and K/D/A. That's all you need to know about the heads behind this project. I bet the newest system, that is "fair to supports" rates them up based on the gpm of their carry. The description said something about "providing space for your carry to farm" for the supports and for carries it said something along the lines of "help your team with ganks and kills". | ||
|
hariooo
Canada2830 Posts
| ||
|
Jehct
New Zealand9115 Posts
On December 05 2013 01:43 Mataza wrote: Because it exists and it is awful. First iteration based on xpm, gpm and K/D/A. That's all you need to know about the heads behind this project. I bet the newest system, that is "fair to supports" rates them up based on the gpm of their carry. The description said something about "providing space for your carry to farm" for the supports and for carries it said something along the lines of "help your team with ganks and kills". they probably just took valve's fantasy league formula lol | ||
| ||