• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:39
CEST 06:39
KST 13:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7654 users

General Discussion - Page 4453

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
December 04 2013 11:50 GMT
#89041
It seems to be improving with every update though. Initially supports got shafted and there was obviously a stupid way of calculating the DSR that put supports at a disadvantage, now that is no longer the case.

With regards to the queue, it jumped from 550 profiles/hour to 6000 profiles/hour which is pretty neat.

Not claiming it's accurate at all but at least it's improving.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 04 2013 12:04 GMT
#89042
My DSR got halved so Im pissed this thing is bullshit
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 04 2013 12:15 GMT
#89043
On December 04 2013 20:50 Laurens wrote:
Not claiming it's accurate at all but at least it's improving.


Its definitely nowhere near accurate. I have a few accounts and out of interest I checked two of them. One has about eight times the DSR rating of the other.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
December 04 2013 12:37 GMT
#89044
Yeah no not accurate.

My buddies I play with have a range from ~550 to ~1300 rating, which suggests that I'm twice as good at what I do as compared to half my team. That's -absolutely ridiculous-
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
December 04 2013 12:53 GMT
#89045
On December 04 2013 20:34 Jetaap wrote:
Yeah about that, this DSR thing is such a joke but i have a better score than the terrible friends i stack with so i'm going to say it's totally legit for now.

I have 1200 dsr,is that like average?I see the top people having like 1.9 k or something
Cackle™
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-04 12:57:23
December 04 2013 12:54 GMT
#89046
On December 04 2013 21:37 Staboteur wrote:
Yeah no not accurate.

My buddies I play with have a range from ~550 to ~1300 rating, which suggests that I'm twice as good at what I do as compared to half my team. That's -absolutely ridiculous-

While I agree with you that DSR is useless and doesn't represent skill accurately, having someone with twice as many points doesn't mean he is twice as good. For example in starcraft 2 you wouldn't say that a 1000 points master player is twice as good as a 500 point master player.

edit:
We cannot say what's a good rankign/average etc without having an idea of the distribution of the data, but the owner is not providing that so it's just a meaningless number.
I have a 750 rating, does it mean i'm in the top 25%? or bottom 25? It could be anything so it's impossible to say if a 1200 score is good or not
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-04 12:58:00
December 04 2013 12:57 GMT
#89047
On December 04 2013 20:50 Laurens wrote:
It seems to be improving with every update though. Initially supports got shafted and there was obviously a stupid way of calculating the DSR that put supports at a disadvantage, now that is no longer the case.


I got trenched after the last update and I play more support than anything else lol!

well, even if I don't need a rating to tell me I'm terrible, it's fun to see someone try to develop one and then actually work on improving their system rather than abandoning it when it has issues.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-04 13:09:08
December 04 2013 13:03 GMT
#89048
To be fair I thought that the ranking would be much more ridiculous that it is. It's obviously not statistically significant but I tried to check the DSR of the players i got teamed up with in soloQ in a game, and all 5 of us were between 650 and 750 basically so it looks like it's somewhat correlated with MMR. Obviously we'd need more data but i'm now having a look at a friend's profile that is in a different dsr range than me to see if the people he is getting matched up with are also in the same DSR range.
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-04 13:12:52
December 04 2013 13:09 GMT
#89049
On December 04 2013 21:54 Jetaap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 21:37 Staboteur wrote:
Yeah no not accurate.

My buddies I play with have a range from ~550 to ~1300 rating, which suggests that I'm twice as good at what I do as compared to half my team. That's -absolutely ridiculous-

While I agree with you that DSR is useless and doesn't represent skill accurately, having someone with twice as many points doesn't mean he is twice as good. For example in starcraft 2 you wouldn't say that a 1000 points master player is twice as good as a 500 point master player.

edit:
We cannot say what's a good rankign/average etc without having an idea of the distribution of the data, but the owner is not providing that so it's just a meaningless number.
I have a 750 rating, does it mean i'm in the top 25%? or bottom 25? It could be anything so it's impossible to say if a 1200 score is good or not


True!

According to this rating system, I am closer to the relative skill level of Mushi (albeit 10 months ago Mushi) at a difference of 50 points than I am to the next best player I play with, at a difference of ~300 points. The difference in skill between me and Mushi is absolutely massive, whereas the difference in skill between me and my buddy is tiny, and I honestly can't say if the difference goes my way or his.

Also useful data is that the caster, GoDz (1889), is ranked higher than most of the players he will cast.

You're right that "Twice as good" doesn't apply if it isn't a linear metric, but the system is ridiculous even if the slope isn't as steep as I think it is, but it quickly fades into complete irrelevance if even a 500 rating cannot be said to be unquestionably inferior to a 1000 rating.
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
December 04 2013 13:21 GMT
#89050
On December 04 2013 22:09 Staboteur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 21:54 Jetaap wrote:
On December 04 2013 21:37 Staboteur wrote:
Yeah no not accurate.

My buddies I play with have a range from ~550 to ~1300 rating, which suggests that I'm twice as good at what I do as compared to half my team. That's -absolutely ridiculous-

While I agree with you that DSR is useless and doesn't represent skill accurately, having someone with twice as many points doesn't mean he is twice as good. For example in starcraft 2 you wouldn't say that a 1000 points master player is twice as good as a 500 point master player.

edit:
We cannot say what's a good rankign/average etc without having an idea of the distribution of the data, but the owner is not providing that so it's just a meaningless number.
I have a 750 rating, does it mean i'm in the top 25%? or bottom 25? It could be anything so it's impossible to say if a 1200 score is good or not


True!

According to this rating system, I am closer to the relative skill level of Mushi (albeit 10 months ago Mushi) at a difference of 50 points than I am to the next best player I play with, at a difference of ~300 points. The difference in skill between me and Mushi is absolutely massive, whereas the difference in skill between me and my buddy is tiny, and I honestly can't say if the difference goes my way or his.

Also useful data is that the caster, GoDz (1889), is ranked higher than most of the players he will cast.

You're right that "Twice as good" doesn't apply if it isn't a linear metric, but the system is ridiculous even if the slope isn't as steep as I think it is, but it quickly fades into complete irrelevance if even a 500 rating cannot be said to be unquestionably inferior to a 1000 rating.

GoDz is an ex pro HON player if i'm not mistaken, so that's not that outrageous that he would have a very high DSR. I don't think pro's rating is really that relevant since a lot of them don't play a lot of pubs, or don't play them seriously at all. If a pro wants to play serious he will scrim, whereas someone like godz will probably play a pub.
TimoS1703
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany250 Posts
December 04 2013 13:25 GMT
#89051
but it quickly fades into complete irrelevance if even a 500 rating cannot be said to be unquestionably inferior to a 1000 rating.


Right, got a pretty high DSR and most of my friends have a score that is 300-400 points lower even though I'm sure that some of them are better players then I am, that means more consistent and if we'd play 100 1v1's they would win a majority of the games (ok you can't compare 1v1 to the performance in a 5v5 but anyway...).

I don't get why this page doesn't give us more information on how this rating ist computed. The community could help to improve things. But in the meantime you really can't take this rating serious...


teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
December 04 2013 13:44 GMT
#89052
its funny that VG is the best team in china now that they have sylar
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
December 04 2013 14:04 GMT
#89053
VG just confirmed to go to EMS ^_^
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
December 04 2013 14:13 GMT
#89054
On December 04 2013 22:44 teddyoojo wrote:
its funny that VG is the best team in china now that they have sylar


#ti2carryoftheyear

forever top3 carry in my heart.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
December 04 2013 14:15 GMT
#89055
not gonna end well for navi/alliance
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
December 04 2013 14:23 GMT
#89056
omg VG at foreign event

siQ
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-04 14:38:05
December 04 2013 14:35 GMT
#89057
On December 04 2013 21:54 Jetaap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 21:37 Staboteur wrote:
Yeah no not accurate.

My buddies I play with have a range from ~550 to ~1300 rating, which suggests that I'm twice as good at what I do as compared to half my team. That's -absolutely ridiculous-

While I agree with you that DSR is useless and doesn't represent skill accurately, having someone with twice as many points doesn't mean he is twice as good. For example in starcraft 2 you wouldn't say that a 1000 points master player is twice as good as a 500 point master player.

edit:
We cannot say what's a good rankign/average etc without having an idea of the distribution of the data, but the owner is not providing that so it's just a meaningless number.
I have a 750 rating, does it mean i'm in the top 25%? or bottom 25? It could be anything so it's impossible to say if a 1200 score is good or not


750 means you're in roughly the top 20-25% according to the reddit post about this.

Different sites are having different reactions to DSR, so it's kind of telling that no one has posted their DSR on TL yet.

http://mydotaskill.com/?id=64299123

Though it's kinda useless until I can see what my friends have.

Edit: nvm it's being recalculated lol
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
December 04 2013 14:35 GMT
#89058
I was away for some months and what's DSR?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
December 04 2013 14:38 GMT
#89059
On December 04 2013 23:35 Steveling wrote:
I was away for some months and what's DSR?


Its a system that takes the 3 last digits of the number plate on the last car you drove in and multiplies it by two. And apparently thats how good you are in dota 2.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 04 2013 15:08 GMT
#89060
^lol
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Prev 1 4451 4452 4453 4454 4455 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4591
Leta 1796
ViBE136
Bale 54
Shine 22
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
League of Legends
JimRising 638
Other Games
summit1g8289
WinterStarcraft550
Sick103
Mew2King30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta25
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota278
League of Legends
• Lourlo899
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 21m
Patches Events
10h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 21m
OSC
18h 21m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.