• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8958 users

General Discussion - Page 4442

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 02 2013 12:46 GMT
#88821
On December 02 2013 21:19 superstartran wrote:
Invoker was sorta op prior to his 5 million nerfs, doesn't mean he wasn't slightly broken.

Wisdom.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10965 Posts
December 02 2013 13:09 GMT
#88822
Imho clearest sign that Earth Spirit is overpowered:
No one gives a shit about Ember Spirit, it’s like he isn’t even ingame, let alone a new release.

I tryed him 2-3 times against some bots when Dota-Network was down… And he felt just totally underwhelming (unless you somehow get really fat). Honestly i can’t think of a single situation that makes you think „Yeah, Ember spirit would really be awesome now“.
Fwizzz
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines4420 Posts
December 02 2013 13:15 GMT
#88823
Ember was the most op hero i encountered when he was released on doto1.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
December 02 2013 13:34 GMT
#88824
ember spirit was already nerfed people
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
rob.au
Profile Joined May 2010
1087 Posts
December 02 2013 13:49 GMT
#88825
On December 02 2013 20:52 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2013 20:45 rob.au wrote:
It's nice to preface balance talk with something like "In pub games...xx hero is so OP!", or "In the pro scene, x hero seems OP!".

You can't really talk about "pub games" because they vary from two stacks of pros tryharding against each other to a bunch of guys in their first game trying to figure out how you buy items and "rushing" a 35 minute Veil of Discord without Boots.

When discussing balance, unless you specify otherwise, it's assumed (at least by me, maybe others are doing different things) that you're talking high level play, preferably pro if the data is available.


That's why I'm saying people should specify. In pub games some heroes and combos are stronger than they are in the pro scene, that's part of the reason why the win rates are different. In a game where people aren't as good, or there is less communciation, some heroes are going to be better or worse than they are when pro teams are playing.

An old example is exort Invoker, people used to pick this hero non-stop and it would be terrible because they'd be trying to hit sunstrikes in lanes with no stuns or communication. In the pro scene however, it was super strong...
Surprise.820
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1276 Posts
December 02 2013 13:58 GMT
#88826
Mirana and Kaolin every game. :D Bring back Pudge.
Erase and improve
wairai
Profile Joined May 2012
Malaysia1000 Posts
December 02 2013 14:16 GMT
#88827
On December 02 2013 22:58 Surprise.820 wrote:
Mirana and Kaolin every game. :D Bring back Pudge.


Need all the pudge gem before going ham on pudge lol
Yungin' Leanin' with Pourple Drink
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
December 02 2013 14:20 GMT
#88828
I hope the inevitable Earth Spirit nerfs don't make him irrelevant. I think he's pretty cool.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 02 2013 14:35 GMT
#88829
I am playing Brood and I am pretty sure my ult just got dispelled by Bloodrage, I don't think its purgable by Diffusal anymore.

is that intended?
WriterXiao8~~
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
December 02 2013 14:37 GMT
#88830
? you can still purge insatiable hunger just fine AFAIK.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
dfs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Russian Federation4050 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-02 14:37:44
December 02 2013 14:37 GMT
#88831
On December 02 2013 23:35 Kipsate wrote:
I am playing Brood and I am pretty sure my ult just got dispelled by Bloodrage, I don't think its purgable by Diffusal anymore.

is that intended?

It's dispellable by any Purge. Noob.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/Q1jSb9X.jpg (c) Shiro; http://i.imgur.com/lSDLLKb.png (c) drav
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-02 14:38:00
December 02 2013 14:37 GMT
#88832
I thought they removed the ability to purge Insatiable hunger

if not then forget everything.

REAL DIS DFS
WriterXiao8~~
AwfuL_
Profile Joined January 2013
Netherlands6976 Posts
December 02 2013 14:38 GMT
#88833
That must've been God's Strength
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
December 02 2013 14:53 GMT
#88834
it even gets removed by razor's passive, hilariously enough
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 02 2013 15:08 GMT
#88835
I assume someone will still have this: where was that website which will generate item builds for you to do? I don't mean proper builds I mean totally random ones. You can put in some basic criteria and it'll give you random item builds for silly games?
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
December 02 2013 15:10 GMT
#88836
On December 03 2013 00:08 -Celestial- wrote:
I assume someone will still have this: where was that website which will generate item builds for you to do? I don't mean proper builds I mean totally random ones. You can put in some basic criteria and it'll give you random item builds for silly games?

Do you mean this?
http://divinecourage.dy.fi/
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
December 02 2013 15:10 GMT
#88837
On December 03 2013 00:08 -Celestial- wrote:
I assume someone will still have this: where was that website which will generate item builds for you to do? I don't mean proper builds I mean totally random ones. You can put in some basic criteria and it'll give you random item builds for silly games?


http://divinecourage.dy.fi/ This one also chooses hero but ideally you could just take the items only

Google "Dota2 random item generator", there's a bunch...
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 02 2013 15:28 GMT
#88838
Yes exactly that. Thanks.

And you know...I could have googled...I have no idea why I didn't. Didn't even think to do so. Just never entered my head as an option, I was sitting here wondering whether I had a link at home still and whether I'd be able to find where it was posted here before without having the link. >_>

I think being in work is messing with my brain.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-02 16:36:23
December 02 2013 16:35 GMT
#88839
I dunno even when I played pub games agaisnt certain pros *AHEM*, I either got the sense they didn't know how to play Earth Spirit or that the hero came across as weak. One or the other.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
December 02 2013 16:36 GMT
#88840
Dendi doing educational stream at the moment, explaining stuff from replays.
Pretty cool.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Prev 1 4440 4441 4442 4443 4444 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 512
ZZZero.O 163
Hyun 86
Dota 2
monkeys_forever294
League of Legends
Doublelift3396
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4380
Liquid`Hasu496
Other Games
summit1g13366
FrodaN1595
JimRising 298
KnowMe272
Livibee200
ViBE57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra941
Other Games
• imaqtpie1229
• Shiphtur439
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 33m
Patches Events
16h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 33m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.