• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

General Discussion - Page 4427

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 29 2013 18:31 GMT
#88521
if its the reddit thing, it counts principaly the wr and doesnt count the elo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 29 2013 18:33 GMT
#88522
Uh oh.
Moderator
Jinxed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States6450 Posts
November 29 2013 19:38 GMT
#88523
firebolt going to be at a solid 600.
LiquidDota Staff"LeLoup is a great name pls undo." -Liquid`Nazgul
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-29 20:43:14
November 29 2013 20:39 GMT
#88524
On November 30 2013 02:54 aintz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2013 02:15 TheEmulator wrote:
When Alur's score is 1304 you know the system is broken. I think DBR was way more accurate, he was pretty close to top 200 in that iirc.

Also wtf, I submitted two accounts and the second one has a lower queue number? Oh well both are over 8k in queue so it's going to take forever.


testuser was 2nd on dbr, broodstar is 2nd on this new ranking thing. broodstar is better than testuser. by that logic, new thing is more accurate.

whocares about these ratings anyways.

Testuser was 2nd on dbr, what? Do you mean TheTester?

edit: You have to mean TheTester, lol.
Administrator
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
November 29 2013 21:08 GMT
#88525
On November 30 2013 05:39 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2013 02:54 aintz wrote:
On November 30 2013 02:15 TheEmulator wrote:
When Alur's score is 1304 you know the system is broken. I think DBR was way more accurate, he was pretty close to top 200 in that iirc.

Also wtf, I submitted two accounts and the second one has a lower queue number? Oh well both are over 8k in queue so it's going to take forever.


testuser was 2nd on dbr, broodstar is 2nd on this new ranking thing. broodstar is better than testuser. by that logic, new thing is more accurate.

whocares about these ratings anyways.

Testuser was 2nd on dbr, what? Do you mean TheTester?

edit: You have to mean TheTester, lol.


yes thetester thats who i meant.
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
November 29 2013 21:19 GMT
#88526
If anything it shows the amount of interest in an actual ranking system or ladder in the client, but that's a topic beaten to death already.

I think this current ranking system is largely taken as crazily inaccurate or just very hard to translate. What we really need is one of these ratings systems to have Firebolt as the metric and everyone rated from there, because that's actually what everyone cares about.
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 29 2013 21:22 GMT
#88527
On November 30 2013 06:19 Staboteur wrote:
If anything it shows the amount of interest in an actual ranking system or ladder in the client, but that's a topic beaten to death already.

I think this current ranking system is largely taken as crazily inaccurate or just very hard to translate. What we really need is one of these ratings systems to have Firebolt as the metric and everyone rated from there, because that's actually what everyone cares about.

Yeah but the problem is if firebolt starts at 1000, its hard for the rest of us to keep track of 7 and 8 digit numbers.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 29 2013 21:26 GMT
#88528
i demand a show match between sn0_man and firebolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
November 29 2013 21:30 GMT
#88529
On November 30 2013 06:22 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2013 06:19 Staboteur wrote:
If anything it shows the amount of interest in an actual ranking system or ladder in the client, but that's a topic beaten to death already.

I think this current ranking system is largely taken as crazily inaccurate or just very hard to translate. What we really need is one of these ratings systems to have Firebolt as the metric and everyone rated from there, because that's actually what everyone cares about.

Yeah but the problem is if firebolt starts at 1000, its hard for the rest of us to keep track of 7 and 8 digit numbers.

wow
Moderator
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 29 2013 21:30 GMT
#88530
I don't associate with sub-50% winrate players sorry.
/ego

I'm sure he'd crush me I've got like 5 dota games in the past 5 weeks too much Path of Exile lol. Plus my 1v1 was never that good.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
November 29 2013 21:32 GMT
#88531
My position in queue is actually going up T.T
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 29 2013 21:38 GMT
#88532
I'm curious how many of these people that make fun of Firebolt have actually even played a game with Firebolt.
Moderator
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 29 2013 21:39 GMT
#88533
On November 30 2013 06:32 Esoterikk wrote:
My position in queue is actually going up T.T

its worthless. I have an account higher than Alurr's when hes probably better than me (slightly probably... maybe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 29 2013 21:42 GMT
#88534
I think I played with him once in a TL+ event, not sure.

I obviously wouldn't flame him if I actually thought he was bad though
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
November 29 2013 22:10 GMT
#88535
What if everyone just watches firebolt's stream?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Fatalize
Profile Joined January 2011
France5210 Posts
November 29 2013 22:30 GMT
#88536
53.99% winrate

Huhu I'll make it
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 29 2013 23:04 GMT
#88537
I entered my id like 12 hours ago and went from being 450th in the queue to 972nd. I'm not sure what to think about it. :D
super gg
Staboteur
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada1873 Posts
November 29 2013 23:10 GMT
#88538
On November 30 2013 06:38 TheYango wrote:
I'm curious how many of these people that make fun of Firebolt have actually even played a game with Firebolt.


I'll have you know I once played SF versus Firebolt's Invoker mid, lost the lane in terms of CS, but won the game anyways.

That was more than a month ago, and since then I've been completely unsure of how good I am at Dota.
I'm actually Fleetfeet D:
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
November 29 2013 23:27 GMT
#88539
Meh, mine is 985. How does that compare? I see pros with like 1900
Religion: Buckethead
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
November 29 2013 23:33 GMT
#88540
I have 1550. And the highest pro is Loda at 1864. So don't sweat it, it's not accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Prev 1 4425 4426 4427 4428 4429 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 19m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.