|
|
On November 22 2013 19:37 Kipsate wrote: Tobi certainly isn't washed up, he still pulls very good viewer numbers and is a reasonably good caster for playbyplay. The problem however is that BTS has improved significantly, from production value to casting(actual having stable co-casting and different styles). Tobi or Joindota hasn't improved as much. I can't really think how they improved at all. Synderen is the only co-commentator I can recall that actually has good synergy with Tobi, but Synderen is too busy winning the western qualifiers and getting last place at TI apparently. Tobi used to be all hype and no analysis, but he's transitioned to being slightly less hype and slightly more analysis.
I suppose describing Tobi as washed up isn't entirely accurate, he's not artstyle yet. But it's really disappointing for him to stagnate for so long when he, in my opinion, had the potential to become the best overall caster (LD won/is winning that title).
On another note, it's kind of silly how commentators in general still manage to miss first bloods. Consistent map awareness is not impossible to learn while talking. It's embarrassing how little dota 2 commentators focus on playing and understanding the game they cast when they're not even proficient in one of the fundamental skills.
|
On November 22 2013 18:02 Saryph wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 17:59 SilverStar wrote:@TobiWanDOTA: Will not use facebook or twitter for at least 12hrs to avoid saying something I will regret From Tobi. Starladder hired BTS for this season instead of Tobi, most likely due to his inability to cover quite a few games last season, when the league was smaller. Hmm makes sense. He really was only casting a few matches he wanted to and left most games uncovered. So I guess they got fed up with him. As others have said, tobi has some much more potential too bad he is stuck with freaks4u.
|
On November 22 2013 18:46 WindWolf wrote: Even though I like Sheever, I still think Tobi is a part of SL. Plus, I think he is the best caster out there (add Synderen and it becomes BEYOND GODLIKE) And a lot of people disagree with him being a good caster, i can't stand listening him cast, with synd it becomes alright. BTS covering SL is amazing. I don't mind watching v1lat cast but it's nice to have a good english alternative for starladder.
|
Wow, they ruined necrolyte, just leave the voice as it was and remove the bits that he says his name, that is all
|
On November 22 2013 20:07 Kishin2 wrote:Show nested quote +On November 22 2013 19:37 Kipsate wrote: Tobi certainly isn't washed up, he still pulls very good viewer numbers and is a reasonably good caster for playbyplay. The problem however is that BTS has improved significantly, from production value to casting(actual having stable co-casting and different styles). Tobi or Joindota hasn't improved as much. I can't really think how they improved at all. Synderen is the only co-commentator I can recall that actually has good synergy with Tobi, but Synderen is too busy winning the western qualifiers and getting last place at TI apparently. Tobi used to be all hype and no analysis, but he's transitioned to being slightly less hype and slightly more analysis. I suppose describing Tobi as washed up isn't entirely accurate, he's not artstyle yet. But it's really disappointing for him to stagnate for so long when he, in my opinion, had the potential to become the best overall caster (LD won/is winning that title).
My thoughts exactly. And BTS now has Basskip, who is really amazing.
|
Necrolyte's new voice is retarded, I hope they fix it soon.
|
This is apparently from the starladder announcement (Russian version) comments:
Q: Tobi isn't shoutcasting? And did BTS replace him? x3m4eg: yes Q: That's bad, why did you let him down? x3m4eg: it's the other way around Q: Could he not shoutcast because of other leagues or did he not like russian afterparties?:D x3m4eg: let's just say we could not reach a mutually profitable agreement
|
I feel like necrolyte's new voice is meant for a different model. Valve certainly isn't letting it stay like this, you can barely even understand it.
|
Tobi is casting DH Winter with the GD Studio. Maybe that hints something, would make sense to me atleast. GD is missing a dedicated playbyplay...
|
Tobi should quit JD and switch over to 2GD. Freaks4you (the company behind JoinDota) has ruined many other Esports projects because they only care about money. If their sites are only mildly successful, they will stop investing and just let it die out eventually when it's not profitable anymore, exactly what is happening to JD at the moment. They have gotten VERY lucky that they found TobiWan who made Joindota famous. The site itself is poorly made and costs them less to nothing to maintain.
I don't even know why people are STILL complaining about Tobiwans casting. He accomplishes something which very little casters (or caster duos) can, which is hype up a match like it is TI finals. He got me into Dota2 and many others aswell. I am sure he isn't paid very much (maybe 1.8k€ at most) for his casting at JD. If he quit and made his own studio or joined another big one he would have made more I'm sure. 
GO TOBI
|
So would tobi joining bts be the best thing or the worst thing?
Do gems for specific abilities work on rubick for his stolen spells? If I were to get enemy heroes hooked on a rubick item would it work?
|
United Kingdom38257 Posts
On November 22 2013 20:50 Unleashing wrote: I feel like necrolyte's new voice is meant for a different model. Valve certainly isn't letting it stay like this, you can barely even understand it.
It just sounds like it's being played at 1/3 speed.
|
On November 22 2013 21:22 toemn wrote: He got me into Dota2 and many others aswell GO TOBI Yeah, same here. He got me interested in Dota2 as well.
|
On November 22 2013 21:13 Mosoball wrote:Tobi is casting DH Winter with the GD Studio. Maybe that hints something, would make sense to me atleast. GD is missing a dedicated playbyplay...  He did that last dreamhack too, and the one before that, so i don't really see how that hints at anything.
And i hope he doesn't ever join the GD studio, my favourite casters and studio suddenly casting with one of my least favourite casters. Ugh. And he really doesn't seem to fit into the GD studio at all.
On November 22 2013 21:22 toemn wrote: I don't even know why people are STILL complaining about Tobiwans casting. He accomplishes something which very little casters (or caster duos) can, which is hype up a match like it is TI finals. Yeah i sure wonder what opinions are. I don't feel he hypes the games up and i feel his solo casts are just about some of the worst there is. With a good co-caster he becomes alright but even then the worst duo of BTS is still better IMHO :/
|
Wasn't it last SL final that Tobi casted together with IceFrog(Bruno)? That worked pretty well if you asked me
|
On November 22 2013 22:01 WindWolf wrote: Wasn't it last SL final that Tobi casted together with IceFrog(Bruno)? That worked pretty well if you asked me I found that to be incredibly awkward to be quite frank, wasn't enjoyable at all.
|
tobi with gd would be awesome above all else. tobis problem is that the production of his casting is lacking and gds problem is that their casting isnt up there with their production.
but gd had to change their model a bit. seperate casters from the panel like it was done at the internationals.
|
Lol the Necro's new voice is unbelievably funny.
|
On November 22 2013 21:22 toemn wrote:Tobi should quit JD and switch over to 2GD. Freaks4you (the company behind JoinDota) has ruined many other Esports projects because they only care about money. If their sites are only mildly successful, they will stop investing and just let it die out eventually when it's not profitable anymore, exactly what is happening to JD at the moment. They have gotten VERY lucky that they found TobiWan who made Joindota famous. The site itself is poorly made and costs them less to nothing to maintain. I don't even know why people are STILL complaining about Tobiwans casting. He accomplishes something which very little casters (or caster duos) can, which is hype up a match like it is TI finals. He got me into Dota2 and many others aswell. I am sure he isn't paid very much (maybe 1.8k€ at most) for his casting at JD. If he quit and made his own studio or joined another big one he would have made more I'm sure.  GO TOBI
If you don't like his "humour" his casting can become quite terrible, but that is subjective, obviously.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|