• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7736 users

General Discussion - Page 4364

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 00:43:12
November 18 2013 00:42 GMT
#87261
Guys what's more valuable do you think...?

Inscribed item with 1 slot but "good" inscription

VS

Inscribed item with 2 slots but either empty or crappy inscription?

Without understanding how much it costs to 1) create slots (is this possible?) 2) Imbue a gem 3) How much gems cost etc its impossible to know whether my BH Tracer with 2 Slots is more valuable than a BH Tracer with 1 good filled slot...

I have an item with 3 slots and wonder if this is exceptionally valuable or if slots can be added to any item (if so how many?)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
November 18 2013 00:51 GMT
#87262
Artificer's Chisel adds a socket to an item and the max is five.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
ZerG~LegenD
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Sweden1179 Posts
November 18 2013 00:52 GMT
#87263
On November 18 2013 09:42 FFGenerations wrote:
Guys what's more valuable do you think...?

Inscribed item with 1 slot but "good" inscription

VS

Inscribed item with 2 slots but either empty or crappy inscription?

Without understanding how much it costs to 1) create slots (is this possible?) 2) Imbue a gem 3) How much gems cost etc its impossible to know whether my BH Tracer with 2 Slots is more valuable than a BH Tracer with 1 good filled slot...

I have an item with 3 slots and wonder if this is exceptionally valuable or if slots can be added to any item (if so how many?)

The item you need to add a slot costs roughly 0.6 Euro on the market. An item can have a maximum of 5 slots.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 02:17:37
November 18 2013 02:12 GMT
#87264
Hey guys I've asked this before a while back but never found a solution :s
I'm currently playing on 1920x1080 resolution, which is 16 : 9.

I want to lower my resolution (for performance reasons) but I would prefer to keep the aspect ratio 16 : 9, the problem is my dota only gives me the 1920x1080 option under 16 : 9. I've tried forcing it by changing the launch options and changing the resolution info in the video.txt but dota simply launches in 4:3 aspect ratio then.

Can I force dota to run a lower 16 : 9 resolutions? (for example 1280x720)
Any help would be appreciated!

edit: colon9 is a smiley turns out.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
PSIDefenseUp
Profile Joined January 2011
United States251 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 02:21:51
November 18 2013 02:19 GMT
#87265
On November 18 2013 11:12 Clarity_nl wrote:
Hey guys I've asked this before a while back but never found a solution :s
I'm currently playing on 1920x1080 resolution, which is 16.

I want to lower my resolution (for performance reasons) but I would prefer to keep the aspect ratio 16, the problem is my dota only gives me the 1920x1080 option under 16. I've tried forcing it by changing the launch options and changing the resolution info in the video.txt but dota simply launches in 4:3 aspect ratio then.

Can I force dota to run a lower 16 resolutions? (for example 1280x720)
Any help would be appreciated!


In advanced video options, there's an option called Render Quality which will render the game at a lower resolution (aside from the HUD) and scale it up.

So if you drag the slider down to 50%, it will render at 50% of 1920x1080 but keep the UI elements looking nice.
The console command if you want to render at a certain lower resolution is mat_viewportscale. Setting that to .5 is the same as 50%, setting it to .666 is equivalent to rendering at 1280x720, etc.

If you don't want the nicer looking UI for whatever reason, you can add -w 1280 -h 720 or the like to the game's launch options. (Though looking over the post again, it looks like this didn't work for you so never mind.)
EternaLAniMe1991
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 02:24:38
November 18 2013 02:22 GMT
#87266
I wasn't aware that's what the slider did. I do have it at 50%, does that mean I'm not actually running the game at 1920x1080?
Can it go lower than .5? I'll go test a bit I guess, thanks.

edit: Ah gotcha. Well the more you know. Crappy laptop :p Big teamfights make my fps drop to bleh levels. Any optimization tips other than the advanced option stuffs?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
PSIDefenseUp
Profile Joined January 2011
United States251 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 02:24:14
November 18 2013 02:23 GMT
#87267
On November 18 2013 11:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
I wasn't aware that's what the slider did. I do have it at 50%, does that mean I'm not actually running the game at 1920x1080?
Can it go lower than .5? I'll go test a bit I guess, thanks.


I believe it will go lower than .5.

What it will do is render all the 3D elements (the game world, etc.) at a lower resolution, but render the menus and HUD at a native 1920x1080 to keep it easy to read. You're effectively not running it at 1920x1080 in most cases.
EternaLAniMe1991
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
November 18 2013 02:26 GMT
#87268
wolves summoned instead of shapeshift kills is probably worth less as a lycan specific mod?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-18 02:30:33
November 18 2013 02:29 GMT
#87269
On November 18 2013 11:23 PSIDefenseUp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 11:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
I wasn't aware that's what the slider did. I do have it at 50%, does that mean I'm not actually running the game at 1920x1080?
Can it go lower than .5? I'll go test a bit I guess, thanks.


I believe it will go lower than .5.

What it will do is render all the 3D elements (the game world, etc.) at a lower resolution, but render the menus and HUD at a native 1920x1080 to keep it easy to read. You're effectively not running it at 1920x1080 in most cases.


Turns the game all pixel art if I go below .5 though, but I guess that happens at low resolutions on a giant screen.

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna play around with stuffs

edit: okay here's something really interesting and weird. I ran 1920x1080 at "mat_viewportscale 0.2" and it's all pixel art, but when I press f9 ingame (pause) everything becomes clearly rendered. Unpause and it's pixel art again.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
November 18 2013 02:34 GMT
#87270
On November 18 2013 11:12 Clarity_nl wrote:
Hey guys I've asked this before a while back but never found a solution :s
I'm currently playing on 1920x1080 resolution, which is 16 : 9.

I want to lower my resolution (for performance reasons) but I would prefer to keep the aspect ratio 16 : 9, the problem is my dota only gives me the 1920x1080 option under 16 : 9. I've tried forcing it by changing the launch options and changing the resolution info in the video.txt but dota simply launches in 4:3 aspect ratio then.

Can I force dota to run a lower 16 : 9 resolutions? (for example 1280x720)
Any help would be appreciated!

edit: colon9 is a smiley turns out.


Have you tried changing your windows resolution to like 1280x720 and boot up dota2 in borderless window?
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
Resent
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia938 Posts
November 18 2013 03:05 GMT
#87271
Is there some way to sell items for real money? Apparently I have a valuable item, but I don't want steam funds >.<
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 18 2013 03:07 GMT
#87272
On November 18 2013 03:06 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 02:54 Mataza wrote:
But an infinite(cooldown based) dispel would really fuck over a few heroes and not do much against all the rest.
Right now Abaddon is the only hero that has an universally useful dispel type skill: Aphotic Shield.
They had to change it so it doesn't remove Doom's Doom, because that was really bad.

Well, that's not quite right.

First is that Aphotic Shield is not a purge. It's triggered buff removal, so it's much stronger than a Purge-based item/skill would be because it removes a lot of things that Purge doesn't.

Second is that Aphotic Shield removing Doom in DotA 1 was a bug that Icefrog couldn't really get around. He could block Aphotic Shield from being targeted on Doomed targets, but the reason you could remove Doom was because if Doom was placed on the target while Abaddon was in his cast animation, it wouldn't stop the cast.

I know that and it does only emphasize how powerful of a dispel type spell aphotic shield is.

I also never claimed it was anything like purge, so I do not see how I am wrong here.

Boom 3 page old answer
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
November 18 2013 03:10 GMT
#87273
On November 18 2013 12:05 Resent wrote:
Is there some way to sell items for real money? Apparently I have a valuable item, but I don't want steam funds >.<


You can try ebay but other than that there's no real reputable way of doing it.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
November 18 2013 03:38 GMT
#87274
You can do PayPal transactions, but you're advised to use a middleman to ensure it goes smoothly.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 18 2013 03:40 GMT
#87275
Anyone else have a hero that completely demotivates them? Repicking into Omniknight makes me want to abandon. It's the worst feeling.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
November 18 2013 03:44 GMT
#87276
On November 18 2013 12:40 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Anyone else have a hero that completely demotivates them? Repicking into Omniknight makes me want to abandon. It's the worst feeling.


Lone Druid and Chen do it for me. Only champs I'll repick 100% if I get.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
November 18 2013 04:59 GMT
#87277
was getting a bit upset at only commons from the 6 crafting recipes i used, played a normal game and got the glados announcer :D

yyaaaaaayyyy
:)
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
November 18 2013 07:06 GMT
#87278
On November 18 2013 13:59 synapse wrote:
was getting a bit upset at only commons from the 6 crafting recipes i used, played a normal game and got the glados announcer :D

yyaaaaaayyyy


Lord gaben works in mysterious ways. :D
hfglgg
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany5372 Posts
November 18 2013 07:27 GMT
#87279
On November 18 2013 12:40 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Anyone else have a hero that completely demotivates them? Repicking into Omniknight makes me want to abandon. It's the worst feeling.


yes
darkseer. i hate everything about this hero. his look is meh, his attack animation is a joke, his skills are mostly super boring and his playstyle is no fun to me. the best thing about him is pyrion flaxs youtube video.

i dont enjoy skywrath mage too, but not to the same extend. he just feels too much like a superior moba hero to me as in his skillset doesnt do anything special except dishing out damage with low cooldown, low impact spells. but at least he looks ok-ish, although his attack animation is almost as bad as darkseers.
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
November 18 2013 07:30 GMT
#87280
i insta-repick invoker.

didnt bother to learn the spells. too much of a 'hassle'.
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Prev 1 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
Nina 149
ViBE137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13971
Artosis 540
PianO 28
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
canceldota148
League of Legends
Doublelift3801
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1559
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe117
Other Games
summit1g6490
shahzam540
Day[9].tv480
C9.Mang0367
Maynarde77
Trikslyr43
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• RyuSc2 27
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie979
• Shiphtur487
• Day9tv480
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.