• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8495 users

General Discussion - Page 4361

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
November 17 2013 16:18 GMT
#87201
On November 17 2013 23:21 Yoshi- wrote:
Do the euw server really really suck right now?

Yeah, I've had some issues with it today
EZ4ENCE
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 17 2013 16:21 GMT
#87202
On November 18 2013 01:18 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2013 23:21 Yoshi- wrote:
Do the euw server really really suck right now?

Yeah, I've had some issues with it today


Kinda painful playing when you cant see half your projectiles, and stuff like mirana arrow and AA ulti tracer doesn't show
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
November 17 2013 16:48 GMT
#87203
Is it just me or is Ember Spirit a lot like a LoL hero? He his skillset is fun and stuff, but he has absolutly no use if he doesnt snowball HARD at the beginning. Completly dependant on items to make his skills work.

I just cant find a way to play him against any composition aswell. Sad day, because he looks badass.
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
November 17 2013 16:55 GMT
#87204
On November 18 2013 01:48 Slomo wrote:
Is it just me or is Ember Spirit a lot like a LoL hero? He his skillset is fun and stuff, but he has absolutly no use if he doesnt snowball HARD at the beginning. Completly dependant on items to make his skills work.

I just cant find a way to play him against any composition aswell. Sad day, because he looks badass.


Same as Tusk, should be removed.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
November 17 2013 16:55 GMT
#87205
On November 18 2013 01:21 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 01:18 WindWolf wrote:
On November 17 2013 23:21 Yoshi- wrote:
Do the euw server really really suck right now?

Yeah, I've had some issues with it today


Kinda painful playing when you cant see half your projectiles, and stuff like mirana arrow and AA ulti tracer doesn't show

I had one DC, and since I was close to an enemy tower at that time, I died. Otherwise no major issues
EZ4ENCE
Fatalize
Profile Joined January 2011
France5210 Posts
November 17 2013 16:56 GMT
#87206
On November 18 2013 01:48 Slomo wrote:
Is it just me or is Ember Spirit a lot like a LoL hero? He his skillset is fun and stuff, but he has absolutly no use if he doesnt snowball HARD at the beginning. Completly dependant on items to make his skills work.

I just cant find a way to play him against any composition aswell. Sad day, because he looks badass.


Pretty sure if a LoL hero had this ultimate people would be mad against Riot
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
November 17 2013 16:57 GMT
#87207
I had some lag but otherwise fine for me.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-17 17:43:17
November 17 2013 17:39 GMT
#87208
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
November 17 2013 17:54 GMT
#87209
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.

The wc 3 priest adept training?
I'm kidding, I know it's not what you meant.

But an infinite(cooldown based) dispel would really fuck over a few heroes and not do much against all the rest.
Right now Abaddon is the only hero that has an universally useful dispel type skill: Aphotic Shield.
They had to change it so it doesn't remove Doom's Doom, because that was really bad.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 17 2013 17:56 GMT
#87210
That item exists anyway, it's Eul's.

People just forget that Cyclone is both a physical and magical dispel.
Moderator
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-17 18:03:33
November 17 2013 18:00 GMT
#87211
On November 18 2013 02:54 Mataza wrote:
The wc 3 priest adept training?
I'm kidding, I know it's not what you meant.

But an infinite(cooldown based) dispel would really fuck over a few heroes and not do much against all the rest.
Right now Abaddon is the only hero that has an universally useful dispel type skill: Aphotic Shield.
They had to change it so it doesn't remove Doom's Doom, because that was really bad.


Haha not that good. Brewmaster Ult (Wind) actually has that spell. Though the item I would like to see is a single target one. There was an item like this on WC3 that drops I believe... Called Rod of Dispel? It even chain bounces.

On November 18 2013 02:56 TheYango wrote:
That item exists anyway, it's Eul's.

People just forget that Cyclone is both a physical and magical dispel.


Eul's don't work on allies, but yeah I knew that too. Great item in general.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
November 17 2013 18:01 GMT
#87212
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.

is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
November 17 2013 18:04 GMT
#87213
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 17 2013 18:06 GMT
#87214
On November 18 2013 02:54 Mataza wrote:
But an infinite(cooldown based) dispel would really fuck over a few heroes and not do much against all the rest.
Right now Abaddon is the only hero that has an universally useful dispel type skill: Aphotic Shield.
They had to change it so it doesn't remove Doom's Doom, because that was really bad.

Well, that's not quite right.

First is that Aphotic Shield is not a purge. It's triggered buff removal, so it's much stronger than a Purge-based item/skill would be because it removes a lot of things that Purge doesn't.

Second is that Aphotic Shield removing Doom in DotA 1 was a bug that Icefrog couldn't really get around. He could block Aphotic Shield from being targeted on Doomed targets, but the reason you could remove Doom was because if Doom was placed on the target while Abaddon was in his cast animation, it wouldn't stop the cast.
Moderator
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
November 17 2013 18:07 GMT
#87215
On November 18 2013 03:04 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.


then eul is the item or diffu is slightly above 3k gold lol.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 17 2013 18:18 GMT
#87216
On November 18 2013 03:07 BurningSera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:04 trinxified wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.


then eul is the item or diffu is slightly above 3k gold lol.


Diffusal has charges though, and is really bad for supports. Euls is a great item, but can't be cast on allies (I honestly think thats stupid, but I guess its for balance reasons. It might be a tad too good if you could)
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
November 17 2013 18:31 GMT
#87217
On November 18 2013 03:18 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:07 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:04 trinxified wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.


then eul is the item or diffu is slightly above 3k gold lol.


Diffusal has charges though, and is really bad for supports. Euls is a great item, but can't be cast on allies (I honestly think thats stupid, but I guess its for balance reasons. It might be a tad too good if you could)


I don't see how is that bad for supports, you are using it solely for dispelling then that is a fair price (price wise and its limited usage for dps purpose on supports).
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
November 17 2013 18:41 GMT
#87218
I saw Puppy get a diffusal on venomancer to dispel hex on xboct just today.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
November 17 2013 18:54 GMT
#87219
On November 18 2013 03:31 BurningSera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:18 Excludos wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:07 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:04 trinxified wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.


then eul is the item or diffu is slightly above 3k gold lol.


Diffusal has charges though, and is really bad for supports. Euls is a great item, but can't be cast on allies (I honestly think thats stupid, but I guess its for balance reasons. It might be a tad too good if you could)


I don't see how is that bad for supports, you are using it solely for dispelling then that is a fair price (price wise and its limited usage for dps purpose on supports).

Come on, diffusal on supports compared to dagger, forcestaff, mek, ghost scepter or there are bigger items which are way more game changing like bkb, agh or hex.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
November 17 2013 19:25 GMT
#87220
On November 18 2013 03:18 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:07 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:04 trinxified wrote:
On November 18 2013 03:01 BurningSera wrote:
On November 18 2013 02:39 trinxified wrote:
With new things being dispellable, I'm wondering why we don't have an item that dispels buffs/debuffs, hex, etc.. I know diffusal does it now, but I was thinking more of a utility item with a cooldown on it instead of charges. Obviously doesn't get rid of everything like Purge, and would be relatively expensive. Perhaps using Magic Wand as a component would be great too.


other than some hero spells work that way (and items like manta/diffu/bkb/linken), you are basically saying that you want a cheap item that can deal with buffs/debuffs and more so a 5k+ gold item like hex.



I didn't say cheap, I would expect it to be 2-3k gold, with a 40+ second cooldown.


then eul is the item or diffu is slightly above 3k gold lol.


Diffusal has charges though, and is really bad for supports. Euls is a great item, but can't be cast on allies (I honestly think thats stupid, but I guess its for balance reasons. It might be a tad too good if you could)

It would mean that any hero could become Shadow Demon.

That's really, REALLY good.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Prev 1 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech162
Nina 125
ViBE66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15955
Artosis 269
firebathero 78
PianO 19
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
canceldota88
NeuroSwarm27
League of Legends
Doublelift3495
Counter-Strike
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
PPMD38
Other Games
summit1g6238
FrodaN1192
shahzam608
B2W.Neo317
C9.Mang0314
RotterdaM98
Mew2King30
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile132
• StrangeGG 22
• RyuSc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1078
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
OSC
1m
davetesta6
Replay Cast
46m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.