• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:34
CEST 18:34
KST 01:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10928 users

General Discussion - Page 4353

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
November 15 2013 20:34 GMT
#87041
On November 16 2013 04:26 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 04:13 BlitzerSC wrote:
What ? Getting kills with Ember Spirit is super easy.


Are you using 1-1-3 or something else?


I like maxing chains first and shield second.
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
November 15 2013 20:35 GMT
#87042
On November 16 2013 05:32 devilesk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 05:28 SilverStar wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:27 teapoted wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:24 PassiveAce wrote:
I fuckin hate dota players - -
Well as previously discussed that reaction has more to do with moderation on community hubs than it does Dota players.

Was it like this 6 months ago? Not really. Has the average Dota player changed all that much? Not really. They just got in this habit of behaving like that because of reasons which I will get flamed for saying.

I mostly blame reddit which has no moderation at all. Any other forum shit like this would be insta ban.


I also blame Twitch chat for creating most of the stupid memes.

Twitch chat is not organised. I really haven't seen a chat spill outside of twitch.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
November 15 2013 20:35 GMT
#87043
On November 16 2013 05:32 devilesk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 05:28 SilverStar wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:27 teapoted wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:24 PassiveAce wrote:
I fuckin hate dota players - -
Well as previously discussed that reaction has more to do with moderation on community hubs than it does Dota players.

Was it like this 6 months ago? Not really. Has the average Dota player changed all that much? Not really. They just got in this habit of behaving like that because of reasons which I will get flamed for saying.

I mostly blame reddit which has no moderation at all. Any other forum shit like this would be insta ban.


I also blame Twitch chat for creating most of the stupid memes.

doesnt matter what community creates a meme. the people that spam this stuff are at fault -.- stupid hiveminds
FTD
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 20:37:41
November 15 2013 20:35 GMT
#87044
Volvo actually really seems to enjoy the presence of the DOTA community on facebook.

I have no idea how to link facebook posts, so I'll just paste some quotes from their facebook:

Volvo Valve, hats are great, but the people want Diretide!
Like · Reply · 11,114 · 2 November at 16:08 · Edited

Volvo Thanks for all the love, and TY Valve!
Unlike · Reply · 1,484 · 9 November at 20:43

I guess they're just happy to get the extra likes and activity.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 20:37:50
November 15 2013 20:37 GMT
#87045
Im sure volvos PR people are happy that their jobs are a little more interesting, and i dont think dota fans spamming their facebook page is actually bad for volvo in any way.
I still despise those fuckin hiveminders.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
November 15 2013 20:38 GMT
#87046
I think the community of dota has an average age

of about 2.
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
November 15 2013 20:39 GMT
#87047
On November 16 2013 05:38 Shaella wrote:
I think the community of dota has an average age

of about 2.


I guess that's actually possible because 2 year olds have facebook pages nowadays
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
November 15 2013 20:40 GMT
#87048
im so glad i saved all these strange modifiers
muahuhwuahua
dats racist
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 15 2013 20:42 GMT
#87049
They could at least come up with a new twitch emote.

Yawn.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 21:30:30
November 15 2013 20:47 GMT
#87050
On November 16 2013 05:35 SilverStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 05:32 devilesk wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:28 SilverStar wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:27 teapoted wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:24 PassiveAce wrote:
I fuckin hate dota players - -
Well as previously discussed that reaction has more to do with moderation on community hubs than it does Dota players.

Was it like this 6 months ago? Not really. Has the average Dota player changed all that much? Not really. They just got in this habit of behaving like that because of reasons which I will get flamed for saying.

I mostly blame reddit which has no moderation at all. Any other forum shit like this would be insta ban.


I also blame Twitch chat for creating most of the stupid memes.

Twitch chat is not organised. I really haven't seen a chat spill outside of twitch.
Being organised isn't really relevant.
Once you Goblak...
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
November 15 2013 20:50 GMT
#87051
why do guys care so much about what idiots say
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 21:07:20
November 15 2013 20:53 GMT
#87052
On November 16 2013 05:50 Klonere wrote:
why do guys care so much about what idiots say
It's pretty natural. I mean I'm somewhat embarrassed if the Swedish government or People does something particularly bad. Even if I have no part in it.
Once you Goblak...
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 15 2013 21:19 GMT
#87053
just ran into the LET ME COORDINATE EVERYONE IN DIRETIDE guy. Hoo boy is he irritating.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 15 2013 21:22 GMT
#87054
On November 16 2013 05:50 Klonere wrote:
why do guys care so much about what idiots say

I don't thing anyone cares, it's more awe, like that of a really bad car wreck. We just can't believe how dumb and petty people are.

http://mashable.com/2013/11/11/batkid-make-a-wish/

Read the above to restore your faith in humanity.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 21:35:48
November 15 2013 21:35 GMT
#87055
Kid's batman costumes sure have come a long way.
Once you Goblak...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 15 2013 21:52 GMT
#87056
On November 16 2013 06:35 teapoted wrote:
Kid's batman costumes sure have come a long way.

I think that one might be special issue, this is sort of a special case. Still, when the dota community is getting you down about freakish out about not be able to play a video game, remember that 10,000 people spent the day playing Batman with a terminally ill 5 year old because they could.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
bombsauce
Profile Joined October 2011
United States69 Posts
November 15 2013 21:56 GMT
#87057
On November 16 2013 05:35 Chezus wrote:
Volvo actually really seems to enjoy the presence of the DOTA community on facebook.

I have no idea how to link facebook posts, so I'll just paste some quotes from their facebook:

Volvo Valve, hats are great, but the people want Diretide!
Like · Reply · 11,114 · 2 November at 16:08 · Edited

Volvo Thanks for all the love, and TY Valve!
Unlike · Reply · 1,484 · 9 November at 20:43

I guess they're just happy to get the extra likes and activity.


I'm guessing Volvo is pretty ecstatic about the whole ordeal with their meme. I don't understand people that or angry or embarrassed by the community over this.

Volvo just got a huge boost of FREE advertising (pretty much all positive) without having to even have the idea. The marketing department at Volvo should honestly make efforts to capitalize on the situation such as actually reaching out to Valve for potential partnerships, sponsors, or whatever.

They have already shown a great sense of humor and support which has actually improved my perception of them. Although I'll likely never own a Volvo myself, I am definitely more willing to support the company in their endeavors and I would love to see an even more fruitful relationship with Valve or E-sports evolve.

inb4 Volvo sponsored Dota2 team
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
November 15 2013 22:00 GMT
#87058
On November 16 2013 06:22 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 05:50 Klonere wrote:
why do guys care so much about what idiots say

I don't thing anyone cares, it's more awe, like that of a really bad car wreck. We just can't believe how dumb and petty people are.

http://mashable.com/2013/11/11/batkid-make-a-wish/

Read the above to restore your faith in humanity.


thats legit as hell
would that even be that much money to do i mean you just get a bunch of volunteers to decorate and then run around the city
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 15 2013 22:00 GMT
#87059
On November 16 2013 06:56 bombsauce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 05:35 Chezus wrote:
Volvo actually really seems to enjoy the presence of the DOTA community on facebook.

I have no idea how to link facebook posts, so I'll just paste some quotes from their facebook:

Volvo Valve, hats are great, but the people want Diretide!
Like · Reply · 11,114 · 2 November at 16:08 · Edited

Volvo Thanks for all the love, and TY Valve!
Unlike · Reply · 1,484 · 9 November at 20:43

I guess they're just happy to get the extra likes and activity.


I'm guessing Volvo is pretty ecstatic about the whole ordeal with their meme. I don't understand people that or angry or embarrassed by the community over this.

Volvo just got a huge boost of FREE advertising (pretty much all positive) without having to even have the idea. The marketing department at Volvo should honestly make efforts to capitalize on the situation such as actually reaching out to Valve for potential partnerships, sponsors, or whatever.

They have already shown a great sense of humor and support which has actually improved my perception of them. Although I'll likely never own a Volvo myself, I am definitely more willing to support the company in their endeavors and I would love to see an even more fruitful relationship with Valve or E-sports evolve.

inb4 Volvo sponsored Dota2 team

There is likely one dude manning the twitter/Facebook account that yells across the office "guys I think Valvr software fucked up again. These guys seem pissed and apparently want hats?"
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-15 22:06:04
November 15 2013 22:03 GMT
#87060
On November 16 2013 07:00 FinestHour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2013 06:22 Plansix wrote:
On November 16 2013 05:50 Klonere wrote:
why do guys care so much about what idiots say

I don't thing anyone cares, it's more awe, like that of a really bad car wreck. We just can't believe how dumb and petty people are.

http://mashable.com/2013/11/11/batkid-make-a-wish/

Read the above to restore your faith in humanity.


thats legit as hell
would that even be that much money to do i mean you just get a bunch of volunteers to decorate and then run around the city
Well a lot of the things make a wish do isn't all that expensive. Like when they get some kid to meet their idol, I doubt that person is getting paid anything to do it. (maybe in some rare cases, but I'd imagine you'd have to have a pretty crazy PR person to say 'charge these people for wanting a terminally ill child to meet you')

And when you have that sort of clout yeah, easy to get volunteers and approval from local governments to do all kinds of stuff. It would be expensive for you or I to organize.

Just waiting for some kid to ask to see Icefrogs face.
Once you Goblak...
Prev 1 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 339
Codebar 72
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37266
Calm 3767
Bisu 2419
Shuttle 1364
FanTaSy 1351
Mini 517
Hyuk 417
Stork 350
EffOrt 285
actioN 261
[ Show more ]
Barracks 192
firebathero 191
Rush 183
Snow 145
Dewaltoss 116
Zeus 74
Shinee 45
Sharp 34
Liquid`Ret 33
Hyun 30
soO 29
Yoon 26
Bale 25
Free 24
Pusan 24
HiyA 19
Aegong 17
PianO 16
Shine 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7917
Dendi1082
XaKoH 281
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
Fnx 588
x6flipin536
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes663
Other Games
singsing2455
hiko1527
FrodaN843
Beastyqt487
mouzStarbuck296
byalli200
Livibee195
Liquid`VortiX152
C9.Mang0122
RotterdaM97
Trikslyr62
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV427
Other Games
• Shiphtur977
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 41m
Replay Cast
6h 26m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.