General Discussion - Page 4352
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
| ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 16 2013 04:52 739 wrote: It wasn't him. It was iG breaking records of Diretide again. Watching his channel then ![]() | ||
|
cecek
Czech Republic18921 Posts
On November 16 2013 04:53 LuckoftheIrish wrote: As an aside, Team Fortress 2 is the second-most played game on Steam today, with 60,033 concurrent players. Dota 2 peaked at 653,867. The sum total of games two through 10 is only 300,382 players at each of their individual peaks. Dota 2 had more players than all other games on steam combined when it peaked today. Dota 2 was 650k+ and the whole steam had around 1.2M. | ||
|
EpiK
Korea (South)5757 Posts
On November 16 2013 04:53 LuckoftheIrish wrote: As an aside, Team Fortress 2 is the second-most played game on Steam today, with 60,033 concurrent players. Dota 2 peaked at 653,867. The sum total of games two through 10 is only 300,382 players at each of their individual peaks. not all at surprising considering those two are the only FTP games (also path of exile). I'm surprised 1.6 and source have such high numbers still. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:03 EpiK wrote: Well there are many FTP games on steam.not all at surprising considering those two are the only FTP games. I'm surprised 1.6 and source have such high numbers still. Of course some are deceptive as they can be accessed outside of steam unlike the Valve games. Like POE has 22k on Steam and that's probably a minority of the playerbase. | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:03 EpiK wrote: not all at surprising considering those two are the only FTP games. I'm surprised 1.6 and source have such high numbers still. Dota players comprising more than half of the total number of Steam users is pretty surprising. | ||
|
Chezus
Netherlands427 Posts
Genius. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:06 LuckoftheIrish wrote: Dota players comprising more than half of the total number of Steam users is pretty surprising. It's not steam users. It's active steam users playing a game. 2 different things. | ||
|
Numy
South Africa35471 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:06 LuckoftheIrish wrote: Dota players comprising more than half of the total number of Steam users is pretty surprising. Surprising or unsurprising? That was the point of Dota 2 in the first place and the dota 1 community is/was huge so it seems pretty normal for Dota 2 to be biggest game on steam. All the really big multiplayer games aren't on steam besides dota so it makes sense. | ||
|
LuckoftheIrish
United States4791 Posts
Again. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:19 Chezus wrote: That's the last word I'd use to describe it. Right after 'fragrant'. Servers down for anyone else? I haven't kept up with General Discussion as of late so I'm not sure if this is a recent thing, but apparently people are flaming Volvo on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Volvo Genius. | ||
|
zezamer
Finland5701 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
| ||
|
PassiveAce
United States18076 Posts
GJ validating their behavior Valve. Now people will think they can get anything they want by spamming volvos facebook | ||
|
Animzor
Sweden2154 Posts
The most special snowflake of them all. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:24 PassiveAce wrote: Well as previously discussed that reaction has more to do with moderation on community hubs than it does Dota players. I fuckin hate dota players - - Was it like this 6 months ago? Not really. Has the average Dota player changed all that much? Not really. They just got in this habit of behaving like that because of reasons which I would get flamed for saying. | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:27 teapoted wrote: Well as previously discussed that reaction has more to do with moderation on community hubs than it does Dota players. Was it like this 6 months ago? Not really. Has the average Dota player changed all that much? Not really. They just got in this habit of behaving like that because of reasons which I will get flamed for saying. I mostly blame reddit which has no moderation at all. Any other forum shit like this would be insta ban. | ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
| ||
|
devilesk
United States140 Posts
On November 16 2013 05:28 SilverStar wrote: I mostly blame reddit which has no moderation at all. Any other forum shit like this would be insta ban. I also blame Twitch chat for creating most of the stupid memes. | ||
|
Talin
Montenegro10532 Posts
It managed to find a game for me an hour ago, but I had to go out so I couldn't join that one. | ||
| ||
