Remember that before 6.78, siege creeps had 500 HP, not 550, so they would die in 3 hits a little less than half the time. The HP change changed the math of lasthitting them under tower to be a lot more consistent.
General Discussion - Page 4334
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
Remember that before 6.78, siege creeps had 500 HP, not 550, so they would die in 3 hits a little less than half the time. The HP change changed the math of lasthitting them under tower to be a lot more consistent. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
Oh okay thats 6.78 I'll believe that. Hero does 50% to fortified tho yango look it up. Chaos does 100% to everything. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote: Oh okay thats 6.78 I'll believe that. Hero does 50% to fortified tho yango look it up. Chaos does 100% to everything. Yeah I was about to post that I mis-remembered. So the threshold for hitting the siege creep twice should be 110, not 55. EDIT: And Chaos is 40% to fortified. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:20 TheYango wrote: EDIT: And Chaos is 40% to fortified. o.o My life is a lie... >_> | ||
|
gaymon
Germany1023 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:23 Sn0_Man wrote: The reason I was so adamant was because in hon they patched the damage range out of towers due to the inconsistencies of lasthitting catapults under them, then I came to dota and my catapults got 3-shot sometimes which was extremely aggravating, and therefore quite memorable. Changing it in 6.78 makes sense though and now i vaguely remember that patchnote. o.o My life is a lie... >_> Got nerfed shortly after WL was released . | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:20 TheYango wrote: Yeah I was about to post that I mis-remembered. So the threshold for hitting the siege creep twice should be 110, not 55. EDIT: And Chaos is 40% to fortified. Thank god, I thought I was taking crazy pills. | ||
|
-Celestial-
United Kingdom3867 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:35 Comeh wrote: Thank god, I thought I was taking crazy pills. And I thought I'd forgotten to take my crazy pills. | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
On November 14 2013 02:01 Comeh wrote: you have to be pretty high damage to not hit it twice (I haven't done the calculations, its something like 75 or something). The thing that will make you miss it the most is when you hit it once, and then creeps aggro the catapult and hit it a few times. what i mean is hit it once or twice before you go for the last hit. guess that wasnt clear. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On November 14 2013 03:16 aintz wrote: what i mean is hit it once or twice before you go for the last hit. guess that wasnt clear. Its alright - I also was mixed up. Sometimes when I'm away from the game, my brain defaults to 6.77 and prior catapults. | ||
|
Kupon3ss
時の回廊10066 Posts
| ||
|
Talron
Germany7651 Posts
Any other significant changes after 6.79? That's around the time I stopped watching as there have been massive midas and necrobooks. Did this trend stop at all by now? Watching my first match right now. VP vs. TL | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On November 14 2013 05:35 Talron wrote: Okay, so I haven't been watching competetive DotA for about a month or so. What did I miss? Who's the top dog atm? How are the drafts like - any changes? How's DK doing and what's up with this ridiculously astonishing productionvalue over at the DreamLeague? Any other significant changes after 6.79? That's around the time I stopped watching as there have been massive midas and necrobooks. Did this trend stop at all by now? Watching my first match right now. VP vs. TL Na'Vi / Alliance still on top of the West. DK East, with VG and iG behind. Still a bit unpredictable, but push strats are still solid. You'll see dual lanes and other stranger lane set ups - teams are still experimenting a lot. Midas is less popular, but still picked up occasionally on supports. Necro is still one of the best items. | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
| ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On November 14 2013 05:39 Comeh wrote: DK East, with VG and iG behind. Not mentioning LGD here is just wrong. They won NEST without dropping a single game, and have not yet lost a series in D2L either. Their WPC-ACE performance is spottier, but in part due to performing worse than DK and iG earlier in the season. They have looked as good or better than DK or iG in recent games, and in light of their perfect record in both NEST and D2L, they're at least a contender for best Chinese team, if not the best one outright currently. TBH I wouldn't even say DK is on top of the Chinese scene. They're definitely a contender for top team still, but they're not outperforming everyone else by so much for you to list them a cut above iG or LGD (not mentioning VG because we'll have to see how they shake out after they settle down with one carry player actually playing their games). They're still undisputed number one in WPC-ACE, but they've had some bad looking games elsewhere. | ||
|
aintz
Canada5624 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
After them, IG and DK, maybe VG/? But to me its very clear that LGD is the top | ||
|
SilverStar
Sweden18511 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
uhh..i don't know, i'd like to settle in on things since certain teams that people would consider to be weaker overall to be doing consistently well over teams that would be considered stronger (VG vs DK is a good example). | ||
|
BurningSera
Ireland19621 Posts
| ||
| ||
.