• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9453 users

General Discussion - Page 4324

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
November 12 2013 04:18 GMT
#86461
that's why void usually gets bkb
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
November 12 2013 04:25 GMT
#86462
void has mana issues?
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 04:32:38
November 12 2013 04:30 GMT
#86463
On November 12 2013 13:25 rabidch wrote:
void has mana issues?


Was about to say the same thing... If you're having mana issues, that means you're using Time Walk way too much. Shouldn't be in a situation where you're doing this in the first place.

Nonetheless, Orchid is overkill when you want to solve mana problems. Probably better to just Battle Fury, much better to get for mana regen. I find that item a bit bad though on Void and I prefer the Maelstrom/MoM route.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 04:49:48
November 12 2013 04:33 GMT
#86464
On November 12 2013 13:18 Dead9 wrote:
that's why void usually gets bkb


Did you not read the part about BKB-disabling disables? He has a very poor time dealing with the likes of Bane or Beastmaster; he can't fight Medusa or DP head-to-head as their ultimates go straight through BKB.

On November 12 2013 13:25 rabidch wrote:
void has mana issues?


Yes. His Intelligence gain is terrible and makes post-lane farming a pain in the butt. One of the main justifications of the BF build is that it allows Void to hop from lane -> jungle -> lane without exhausting his mana for team fights.

On November 12 2013 13:30 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 13:25 rabidch wrote:
void has mana issues?


Was about to say the same thing... If you're having mana issues, that means you're using Time Walk way too much. Shouldn't be in a situation where you're doing this in the first place.

Nonetheless, Orchid is overkill when you want to solve mana problems. Probably better to just Battle Fury, much better to get for mana regen. I find that item a bit bad though on Void and I prefer the Maelstrom/MoM route.


I don't like the BF build either as it takes him way too long to become relevant. But basic Maelstrom builds don't give him mana regeneration either and once you exit the laning stage, you're stuck walking around and following creep lanes instead of flash farming. Ancient stacking is annoying too; Chain Lightning doesn't work.

That's not the reason why I'm bringing this up (I'm not advocating getting Orchid before Butterfly or anything like that).
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 12 2013 04:52 GMT
#86465
Just get an aquilla, if you're having so much mana problems in your Void games... I much prefer the Mask of Madness build over Mealstrom and Battlefury, and I find that the movement speed boost from MoM active is pretty good for farming the jungle without running out of mana. I would even say MoM Void might clear the jungle faster than a Mealstrom Void, because of the movement speed bonus, and that you obviously can't timewalk into every single camp due to mana problems. I'm not sure tho, it would be worth a test at the very least.
super gg
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 05:00:33
November 12 2013 04:58 GMT
#86466
I think of all heroes in DotA, I see void played the absolute least. Even Meepo I see more often than him. It probably also has to do with the fact that even in the rare instance that I do see him, he's even more rarely a major factor in the game (aka just gets shut down) so he isn't memorable.

Actually looking at the most played list, I hardly ever see riki either despite him being #4 most played. I assume it's because most of those games are in the lower brackets where invisibility is invulnerability.
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
November 12 2013 05:01 GMT
#86467
Lone Druid is sooooo hard to freaking learn jeeeeez
我是冠军
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 05:09:44
November 12 2013 05:02 GMT
#86468
Aquila doesn't help him when he needs it, the mana regeneration is far too small. The aura needlessly pushes the lane and it doesn't build into anything else.

I personally don't like MoM builds as they turn him into a glass cannon and competent teams can easily wreck him in team fights. It has decent uses as a jungling and ganking tool though.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Cool Cat
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1644 Posts
November 12 2013 05:02 GMT
#86469
On November 12 2013 14:01 Adrian_mx wrote:
Lone Druid is sooooo hard to freaking learn jeeeeez

are you trying to be sarcastic
please use the appropriate punctuation if you are
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
November 12 2013 05:08 GMT
#86470
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 12 2013 14:02 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Aquila doesn't help him when he needs it, the mana regeneration is far too small. Also the aura needlessly pushes the lane.

I personally don't like MoM builds as they turn him into a glass cannon and competent teams can easily wreck him in team fights. It has decent uses as a jungling and ganking tool though.



You know you can turn the aura off right?
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 12 2013 05:08 GMT
#86471
Dude, you can turn off the aura... I don't even know if you're trolling at this point.
super gg
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
November 12 2013 05:09 GMT
#86472
turn off the aura
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
November 12 2013 05:13 GMT
#86473
You're trying to play a Void as an AM. Nor gonna happen bro.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
November 12 2013 05:16 GMT
#86474
Necrobook comes to mind again haha. Moves within chrono too.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
November 12 2013 05:18 GMT
#86475
Well I had a weird bug. I spawned as meepo (had agh scepter and ult was maxed) and when I appeared, only one meepo spawned. After 2 seconds, the rest spawned and the sound of spawning went off again. I wanted to charge out and realized my guy was alone.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
November 12 2013 05:21 GMT
#86476
On November 12 2013 14:18 Nilrem wrote:
Well I had a weird bug. I spawned as meepo (had agh scepter and ult was maxed) and when I appeared, only one meepo spawned. After 2 seconds, the rest spawned and the sound of spawning went off again. I wanted to charge out and realized my guy was alone.

I think there was a bug with the bonus respwan time after buying back, that the bonus time only applied to the clones and not the main hero, or some shit like that. I thought they fixed it soon after it being discovered tho, did this happen recently?
super gg
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 05:30:37
November 12 2013 05:24 GMT
#86477
Yes, I know that the Ring of Aquila aura can be toggled. It is also completely useless on Void. He has no spells to spam in the lane and his starting damage is pretty good, so unlike Medusa and Morphling he has no reason to have it. Toggling it in lane is bad and toggling it outside of the lane is pointless; he doesn't need mana regen so early. So I don't know what you people are talking about in the first place. You're not ever addressing my original point.

On November 12 2013 14:13 vndestiny wrote:
You're trying to play a Void as an AM. Nor gonna happen bro.


No, that's what the BF build tries to do.

On November 12 2013 14:16 trinxified wrote:
Necrobook comes to mind again haha. Moves within chrono too.


Necrobook build is pretty good as a midgame pushing strategy and the INT gain is really helpful. But...well, you're getting a roundabout damage item that only synergizes with Chrono. Doesn't account for his Time Lock or the multitudes of other issues.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
November 12 2013 05:24 GMT
#86478
On November 12 2013 14:21 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 14:18 Nilrem wrote:
Well I had a weird bug. I spawned as meepo (had agh scepter and ult was maxed) and when I appeared, only one meepo spawned. After 2 seconds, the rest spawned and the sound of spawning went off again. I wanted to charge out and realized my guy was alone.

I think there was a bug with the bonus respwan time after buying back, that the bonus time only applied to the clones and not the main hero, or some shit like that. I thought they fixed it soon after it being discovered tho, did this happen recently?


About.... five minutes ago lol. And I did buyback before I died again so that probably was the issue).
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
November 12 2013 05:29 GMT
#86479
Orchid is bad on void and you should feel bad
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
November 12 2013 05:30 GMT
#86480
On November 12 2013 14:24 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Yes, I know that the Ring of Aquila aura can be toggled. It is also completely useless on Void. He has no spells to spam in the lane and his starting damage is pretty good, so unlike Medusa and Morphling he has no reason to have it. Toggling it in lane is bad and toggling it outside of the lane is pointless; he doesn't need mana regen at that point. So I don't know what you people are talking about in the first place. You're not ever addressing my original point.

Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 14:13 vndestiny wrote:
You're trying to play a Void as an AM. Nor gonna happen bro.


No, that's what the BF build tries to do.

Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 14:16 trinxified wrote:
Necrobook comes to mind again haha. Moves within chrono too.


Necrobook build is pretty good as a midgame pushing strategy and the INT gain is really helpful. But...well, you're getting a roundabout damage item that only synergizes with Chrono. Doesn't account for his Time Lock or the multitudes of other issues.


Wait what? You just said that Aquila doesn't give enough mana regen, then you double back and see its unneeded because Void doesn't have any spells to spam in lane? And you do know that he still gets the mana regen when the aquila is turned off, right? Turning off the aquila only affects whether the creeps get the bonus armor or not. Aquila toggling does nothing to his mana regen, so what the heck are you trying to get at?

I'm super confused by what you're trying to suggest here.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Prev 1 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 985
910 106
Hyun 73
NotJumperer 39
Bale 33
sorry 28
Noble 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto218
League of Legends
JimRising 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King133
Other Games
summit1g8048
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft425
ceh9290
C9.Mang0284
NeuroSwarm106
ViBE24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick641
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Rush1222
• Lourlo1005
• Stunt384
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 25m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.