General Discussion - Page 4107
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Najda
United States3765 Posts
| ||
|
Kishin2
United States7534 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:00 TheEmulator wrote: Yeah I like mindgames/smart plays as well, they also give me a lot of satisfaction. But I'm trying to come up with the best "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER" moments. Wait for techies. | ||
|
RockIronrod
Australia1369 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:05 Najda wrote: Timbersaw is my main source of those awesome turnaround plays. 3 People come to gank me but stand too close together as I aoe burst them all down gg son wp. I hate playing Timbersaw because I'm always like "if i get more damage skills i can make them all be die more" and have to resist the urge to not level armour ever | ||
|
Najda
United States3765 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:07 RockIronrod wrote: I hate playing Timbersaw because I'm always like "if i get more damage skills i can make them all be die more" and have to resist the urge to not level armour ever I usually find 2 is plenty until you've maxed chain and whirling death anyway, and in the meantime you don't really have the mana to spam both nukes so it kinda works out. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
You can skip it entirely against weaker mids, but the extra chain ranks aren't that useful yet, so sometimes it's just better to get it anyway. | ||
|
BurningSera
Ireland19621 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:00 TheEmulator wrote: Yeah I like mindgames/smart plays as well, they also give me a lot of satisfaction. But I'm trying to come up with the best "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER" moments. the best feeling for me has to be those comeback games, 2-4 heroes in team are fucked, scores look so bad, opponent didn't derp around and actually wanna finish us, all hope is lost, suddenly winning 1 or 2 teamfights in a row and then team comeback to win. Awesome feeling doesn't matter what position i played. | ||
|
ViZe
United States1513 Posts
| ||
|
Shaella
United States14828 Posts
dota word of the day? | ||
|
Esoterikk
Canada1256 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:16 TheYango wrote: You only need 2 in off-lane or some really hard mid lanes. You can skip it entirely against weaker mids, but the extra chain ranks aren't that useful yet, so sometimes it's just better to get it anyway. I find high levels of chain extremely weak in mid so I usually max out Saw with armor and a point of chain. I get higher levels of chain if the mid has some diving ability but for the most part I usually can zone most mids with the high damage of saw. | ||
|
Erasme
Bahamas15899 Posts
| ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On October 12 2013 03:08 Esoterikk wrote: I find high levels of chain extremely weak in mid so I usually max out Saw with armor and a point of chain. I get higher levels of chain if the mid has some diving ability but for the most part I usually can zone most mids with the high damage of saw. I find it very un-advisable to keep maxing Armor after level 6. From 7 to 11, your map presence should be steadily increasing which means it becomes more and more necessary for you to have your damage skills even though purely from a laning perspective, it's not that useful to have Chain mid. If you're staying mid so long that levels 3 and 4 of Armor get more mileage than having the damage/range of higher Chain ranks, you're arguably not playing the hero correctly, because sitting mid and playing a farm-off with a hero that can get so much done with his level 7/8/9 burst is pretty questionable. It hurts your level 11 impact significantly to not be 4-4-1-2 by level 11, because of how LONG you spent at level 11 given the XP changes several patches ago. 4-3-2-2 or 3-4-2-2 is necessitated by certain lanes, but beyond that, it really hurts your midgame impact to take more Armor than you need. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
E: yango i think you need to re-read your post ![]() | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
Whatever, you should know what I meant from the context of the rest of my post. | ||
|
Mithhaike
Singapore2759 Posts
On October 12 2013 02:00 TheEmulator wrote: Yeah I like mindgames/smart plays as well, they also give me a lot of satisfaction. But I'm trying to come up with the best "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER" moments. yeah, it's called a Techie. | ||
|
Esoterikk
Canada1256 Posts
On October 12 2013 03:19 TheYango wrote: I find it very un-advisable to keep maxing Armor after level 6. From 7 to 11, your map presence should be steadily increasing which means it becomes more and more necessary for you to have your damage skills even though purely from a laning perspective, it's not that useful to have Chain mid. If you're staying mid so long that levels 3 and 4 of Armor get more mileage than having the damage/range of higher Chain ranks, you're arguably not playing the hero correctly, because sitting mid and playing a farm-off with a hero that can get so much done with his level 7/8/9 burst is pretty questionable. It hurts your level 11 impact significantly to not be 4-4-1-2 by level 11, because of how LONG you spent at level 11 given the XP changes several patches ago. 4-3-2-2 or 3-4-2-2 is necessitated by certain lanes, but beyond that, it really hurts your midgame impact to take more Armor than you need. I should have mentioned that I don't max out armor, I can see why it sounded that way. I usually end up 4-1-1-1 by 7 then get another point of armor or max chain from there, sometimes I will skip that second point in armor if I am going extremely aggressive. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
Firebolt145
Lalalaland34507 Posts
On October 12 2013 03:45 Sn0_Man wrote: So Qojqva is jungling tinker on stream and literally just bottle crowed without filling his bottle then put his 3rd skill point into rocket instead of march ROFL the furion ult just stole half the creeps ROFL | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
| ||
|
Jinxed
United States6450 Posts
On October 12 2013 03:45 Sn0_Man wrote: So Qojqva is jungling tinker on stream and literally just bottle crowed without filling his bottle then put his 3rd skill point into rocket instead of march ROFL It's fine, he'll never play Tinker competitively for Liquid anyway. | ||
|
crms
United States11933 Posts
| ||
| ||
