|
|
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
On October 11 2013 18:58 Doraemon wrote: i've always wondered, when pros farm opponents jungle, why don't they always leave behind a small creep so that a new camp doesn't spawn? they only miss out on lik 20 gold but the opposition misses out on a full camp I usually do this, but maybe they don't plan to relinquish control of the enemy junle.
|
|
|
On October 11 2013 18:58 Doraemon wrote: i've always wondered, when pros farm opponents jungle, why don't they always leave behind a small creep so that a new camp doesn't spawn? they only miss out on lik 20 gold but the opposition misses out on a full camp
The old art of cw is long gone, it was a standard move from cw players back then, nowadays nobody does that anymore, i think i saw some streamer did that occasionally (not sure if it was Merlini). But yeah i still do it whenever we are doing these 'retreating-farm', love to leave one kobald or the little wolf for the oppo team.
The lol moment is that the oppo didnt dare to come out to farm (in their jungle) so sometimes I end up hurting my own farm -_-
|
On October 12 2013 00:18 BurningSera wrote:Show nested quote +On October 11 2013 18:58 Doraemon wrote: i've always wondered, when pros farm opponents jungle, why don't they always leave behind a small creep so that a new camp doesn't spawn? they only miss out on lik 20 gold but the opposition misses out on a full camp The old art of cw is long gone, it was a standard move from cw players back then, nowadays nobody does that anymore, i think i saw some streamer did that occasionally (not sure if it was Merlini). But yeah i still do it whenever we are doing these 'retreating-farm', love to leave one kobald or the little wolf for the oppo team. I see that every so often in my pub games, sometimes I do it myself.
|
I heard hyhy left his inferior ARTS/MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS team yesterday, anyone to confirm?
User was warned for this post
edit: I can understand the warning, but really? calling it inferior is pretty tame, not to mention it's something i've read in this very thread multiple times from "senior" posters
|
On October 12 2013 00:19 PassiveAce wrote:Show nested quote +On October 12 2013 00:18 BurningSera wrote:On October 11 2013 18:58 Doraemon wrote: i've always wondered, when pros farm opponents jungle, why don't they always leave behind a small creep so that a new camp doesn't spawn? they only miss out on lik 20 gold but the opposition misses out on a full camp The old art of cw is long gone, it was a standard move from cw players back then, nowadays nobody does that anymore, i think i saw some streamer did that occasionally (not sure if it was Merlini). But yeah i still do it whenever we are doing these 'retreating-farm', love to leave one kobald or the little wolf for the oppo team. I see that every so often in my pub games, sometimes I do it myself.
Obviously the douchebaggy meter is different in regions.
|
well i think you dont see it too much, as its not really effective. as the camps are spawning every minute.
the extra exp and gold is more important in this situation. the setback would be like 30 seconds, and you wont have like 300 gold for leaving the creeps there. its not LoL where neutrals have a special spawntimer.
|
28103 Posts
I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all 
|
On October 12 2013 00:23 ReignSupreme. wrote: I heard hyhy left his inferior ARTS/MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS team yesterday, anyone to confirm?
User was warned for this post
edit: I can understand the warning, but really? calling it inferior is pretty tame, not to mention it's something i've read in this very thread multiple times from "senior" posters I would guess you got the warning for ASSFAGGOTS even though technically its a more accurate acronym than the other 2 rofl.
Actually I forget what exactly it stands for but I remember its actually a decent descriptor.l
|
On October 12 2013 01:43 TheEmulator wrote:I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all 
Like i did once, Phantom Assasin Crit against 4 heroes with battlefury...
|
Aeon of Strife Style Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides
I prefer
Five-a-side wizard battle personally
|
28103 Posts
On October 12 2013 01:48 Faruko wrote:Show nested quote +On October 12 2013 01:43 TheEmulator wrote:I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all  Like i did once, Phantom Assasin Crit against 4 heroes with battlefury... That's a good one, saw a friend do it this week too.
|
Most instagibs end up being decently satisfying regardless of source (be it crit or nuke or w/e). Low life escapes are very very satisfying too. TBH the clutch plays are the most fun. That TP out at 2HP. The sick rubick steals. The end-of-teamfight battles and juke wars between low HP/mana heroes, waiting for those key CDs. The sweet manta dodges of certain-death abilities.
If it isn't near-death it can't compare 
Thats a large part of the allure of fountain camping to me: the inherent risk and figuring out how to beat it.
|
28103 Posts
The way you beat fountain camping is to play Pudge every game. If you win you get to have fun hooking people out, if you lose you get to have fun hooking people in. Win win situation there.
|
On October 12 2013 01:55 TheEmulator wrote: The way you beat fountain camping is to play Pudge every game. If you win you get to have fun hooking people out, if you lose you get to have fun hooking people in. Win win situation there. Reason pudge is most picked hero right here
|
On October 12 2013 01:43 TheEmulator wrote:I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all  Getting 5 man AOE anything is always nice. For me, the best feelings are always the ones where I out mindgame my opponent. Adjusting a sunstrike or hook jukes and landing it is amazing. Any time you improvise a next-level tactic and successfully pull it off basically.
|
On October 12 2013 01:54 Sn0_Man wrote:Most instagibs end up being decently satisfying regardless of source (be it crit or nuke or w/e). Low life escapes are very very satisfying too. TBH the clutch plays are the most fun. That TP out at 2HP. The sick rubick steals. The end-of-teamfight battles and juke wars between low HP/mana heroes, waiting for those key CDs. The sweet manta dodges of certain-death abilities. If it isn't near-death it can't compare  Thats a large part of the allure of fountain camping to me: the inherent risk and figuring out how to beat it.
Treant its so "exciting" to play imo, 5 heroes came to kill me, i was about to get killed, fast Overgrown, Living Armor and i ran as fast as i can to the bushes i swear i was 1 hit away from death and i manageto scape without a single "layer" on Living Armor, god that was satisfying, more so because my team was split pushing the other lanes and we manage to win the game
|
28103 Posts
On October 12 2013 01:58 Kishin2 wrote:Show nested quote +On October 12 2013 01:43 TheEmulator wrote:I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all  Getting 5 man AOE anything is always nice. For me, the best feelings are always the ones where I out mindgame my opponent. Adjusting a sunstrike or hook jukes and landing it is amazing. Any time you improvise a next-level tactic and successfully pull it off basically. Yeah I like mindgames/smart plays as well, they also give me a lot of satisfaction. But I'm trying to come up with the best "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER" moments.
|
On October 12 2013 01:43 TheEmulator wrote:I'm trying to think of the best feeling in Dota 2. Came up with a few things, one of my favourites is hitting a 5 man kunkka boat putting them at low health, then walking up with your shadowblade/daedalus and 1 shot critting them all  Getting 5 man ganked early as Axe/Undying and spinlording/zombiemastering your way to a rampage.
|
Well I play with people who can be relied upon to force or toss me into their fountain if it comes to that. Which again makes it much more fun handling that danger.
I didn't mean beat THEIR fountain camp btw I meant beating the risks inherent in our fountain camp .
PS I really enjoy getting all-chatted too lol. Smoke mid early for firstblood draws a "Really? Trilane mid?" from their zeus? score one for the good guys! If they are being BM I can just mute but tears are delicious (or something).
|
|
|
|
|
|