• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:51
CEST 03:51
KST 10:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8804 users

TLO sponsored by Sony Ericsson for MLG 2011 - Page 3

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
177 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Alkior
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
543 Posts
March 22 2011 00:53 GMT
#41
TLO Hwaiting
andrewwiggin
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia435 Posts
March 22 2011 00:55 GMT
#42
On March 22 2011 09:46 Treadmill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:26 andrewwiggin wrote:
lol...

I mean I liked him in the beta, but..


.. really? TLO, out of all the SC2 pro players out there? =/


Why do so many people dismiss TLO as a player? He's really, really good - and apart from the time that he was having serious trouble with carpal tunnel, he's been really succesful (winning the pokeridol and qualifying for the TSL). There seems to be such an obsession with playing a style that's considered 'standard' that anyone who sometimes does other styles gets dismissed as a player, no matter how skilled.


lol his playstyle? I dont even know his playstyle..

I stopped watching him after the beta. I mean during that, sure he was exciting as hell. Loved looking up youtube vids of him etc.

But after that... never saw him place well in major tournaments. =/ So I just stopped following him, started following other players instead.

JUST saying.
havox_
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany442 Posts
March 22 2011 00:55 GMT
#43
Pretty awesome news for Dario =)
And well, think everything was said why he probably was the one to be chosen... And let's hope to see some results from him again.
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
March 22 2011 00:56 GMT
#44
On March 22 2011 09:55 andrewwiggin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:46 Treadmill wrote:
On March 22 2011 09:26 andrewwiggin wrote:
lol...

I mean I liked him in the beta, but..


.. really? TLO, out of all the SC2 pro players out there? =/


Why do so many people dismiss TLO as a player? He's really, really good - and apart from the time that he was having serious trouble with carpal tunnel, he's been really succesful (winning the pokeridol and qualifying for the TSL). There seems to be such an obsession with playing a style that's considered 'standard' that anyone who sometimes does other styles gets dismissed as a player, no matter how skilled.


lol his playstyle? I dont even know his playstyle..

I stopped watching him after the beta. I mean during that, sure he was exciting as hell. Loved looking up youtube vids of him etc.

But after that... never saw him place well in major tournaments. =/ So I just stopped following him, started following other players instead.

JUST saying.


I has a feeling, that we will find out soon!
We talkin about PRACTICE
Kazzabiss
Profile Joined December 2010
1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 01:02:28
March 22 2011 01:00 GMT
#45
On March 22 2011 09:17 Char711 wrote:
This says even more than some of you might realize. From what I remember of my dabbling in FPS pro news, Tsquared is a massive name. This is essentially a recognition of TLO as the "best" player by Sony Ericsson considering that they're pairing him with Tsquared as a FPS/RTS combo. That's quite the declaration.

Of course, I love TLO and think he's awesome, so I'm cool with that, haha. I certainly wouldn't say he's number one going into this (and I honestly don't think anyone would), but he's definitely a threat to everyone there.

iirc (I didn't follow Halo at all but I always saw headlines), Tsquared was by far the best player, on the best team................in 2008. He is still the most popular play afaik, but by far not the best. So Sony Ericsson is saying that TLO is the most popular player as far as they know.




Also I think many people are missing that TLO was the number ONE OR TWO foreigner at the time of GSL 1 and 2 with IdrA, and the only reason he fell off the map was not because of a slump, but a medical condition
ALL ABOARD THE INTERNET BANDWAGON
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
March 22 2011 01:02 GMT
#46
On March 22 2011 09:56 mprs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:55 andrewwiggin wrote:
On March 22 2011 09:46 Treadmill wrote:
On March 22 2011 09:26 andrewwiggin wrote:
lol...

I mean I liked him in the beta, but..


.. really? TLO, out of all the SC2 pro players out there? =/


Why do so many people dismiss TLO as a player? He's really, really good - and apart from the time that he was having serious trouble with carpal tunnel, he's been really succesful (winning the pokeridol and qualifying for the TSL). There seems to be such an obsession with playing a style that's considered 'standard' that anyone who sometimes does other styles gets dismissed as a player, no matter how skilled.


lol his playstyle? I dont even know his playstyle..

I stopped watching him after the beta. I mean during that, sure he was exciting as hell. Loved looking up youtube vids of him etc.

But after that... never saw him place well in major tournaments. =/ So I just stopped following him, started following other players instead.

JUST saying.


I has a feeling, that we will find out soon!


this. also pokeridol was not that long ago and way past beta. he did well in the mlg dallas tournament too afaik. think fourth and best zerg or something.

way to go tlo
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
March 22 2011 01:02 GMT
#47
gz tlo, looks like i know what phone i will get next.

if only i could afford it.
Dyme
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany523 Posts
March 22 2011 01:02 GMT
#48
On March 22 2011 09:29 MadCatZ wrote:
i wouldve sponsored IdrA
that guy moved from KOREA to play sc2 in usa(giving up a very sought out for CodeS spot)
if that doesnt show dedication to home country and esports
i dont know what does

As I remember it, TLO would have been Code A if he had reached RO64 instead of being injured and returning home. He didn't fail in Korea.

And I don't know if there is someone like "the best foreigner". IdrA, Jinro all still manage to lose in tournaments.
TLO is really good.
And used nukes in GSL.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
March 22 2011 01:02 GMT
#49
Congratulations TLO :D

Hope you make huge success and drawn even more attention :3


Hugs from Brazil!

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
March 22 2011 01:13 GMT
#50
This is incredible news, I'm very happy for TLO! Congratulations!
I <3 Plexa.
aqui
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 07:20:20
March 22 2011 01:13 GMT
#51
On March 22 2011 09:55 andrewwiggin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:46 Treadmill wrote:
On March 22 2011 09:26 andrewwiggin wrote:
lol...

I mean I liked him in the beta, but..


.. really? TLO, out of all the SC2 pro players out there? =/


Why do so many people dismiss TLO as a player? He's really, really good - and apart from the time that he was having serious trouble with carpal tunnel, he's been really succesful (winning the pokeridol and qualifying for the TSL). There seems to be such an obsession with playing a style that's considered 'standard' that anyone who sometimes does other styles gets dismissed as a player, no matter how skilled.


lol his playstyle? I dont even know his playstyle..

I stopped watching him after the beta. I mean during that, sure he was exciting as hell. Loved looking up youtube vids of him etc.

But after that... never saw him place well in major tournaments. =/ So I just stopped following him, started following other players instead.

JUST saying.

How can you quote someone who explains some of his achievements to you ( qualifying as pointleader for TSL, pokeridol win) and answer to that that you never saw him place well in tournaments?? Besides, before he left Korea he was as succesful as Idra in GSL and the Koreans's dear. With his two ro32 appearences he would have gotten code SA, you know...
edit: corrected for factual mistakes
LeFroMaGe
Profile Joined October 2010
United States628 Posts
March 22 2011 01:14 GMT
#52
Wonder how TL feel about this? I mean I guess it should be positive all around though...?
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
March 22 2011 01:15 GMT
#53
Great news for TLO, hope he performs well this MLG.
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
March 22 2011 01:20 GMT
#54
Sony should have sponse the entire Instinct team, not only 1 member.
pretty weird
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
Nidoa
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada239 Posts
March 22 2011 01:27 GMT
#55
On March 22 2011 09:55 andrewwiggin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 09:46 Treadmill wrote:
On March 22 2011 09:26 andrewwiggin wrote:
lol...

I mean I liked him in the beta, but..


.. really? TLO, out of all the SC2 pro players out there? =/


Why do so many people dismiss TLO as a player? He's really, really good - and apart from the time that he was having serious trouble with carpal tunnel, he's been really succesful (winning the pokeridol and qualifying for the TSL). There seems to be such an obsession with playing a style that's considered 'standard' that anyone who sometimes does other styles gets dismissed as a player, no matter how skilled.


lol his playstyle? I dont even know his playstyle..

I stopped watching him after the beta. I mean during that, sure he was exciting as hell. Loved looking up youtube vids of him etc.

But after that... never saw him place well in major tournaments. =/ So I just stopped following him, started following other players instead.

JUST saying.


After that, he tried GSL. and GSL is pretty harsh, exposure-wise...

TLO HWAITING!! the last player of consequence to still be random (is he still?).
Fitzhunt1
Profile Joined February 2010
United States169 Posts
March 22 2011 01:31 GMT
#56
This is pretty cool to see even though I have not seen TLO in the finals for any tournament lately, but neither the less I hope he does well in MLG. ^^
Blizzcon exclusive no donuts.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
March 22 2011 01:32 GMT
#57
TLO is awesome, good choice by them. ^^
reikai
Profile Joined January 2011
United States359 Posts
March 22 2011 01:33 GMT
#58
Congratulations to TLO? Screw you, Congratulations to you since he's representing your product!
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce. :T:
Xavya
Profile Joined October 2010
United States13 Posts
March 22 2011 01:34 GMT
#59
Awesome news for TLO. Its great to see MLG helping SC2 players land sponsorships!
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
March 22 2011 01:40 GMT
#60
TLO is easily one of my favorites. This is very exciting news and I am glad to hear it! Can't wait until you start ripping it up TLO!
If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1991
GuemChi 1579
Artosis 665
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 442
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox461
Other Games
summit1g8256
Doublelift2332
JimRising 521
Day[9].tv348
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft282
Maynarde131
CosmosSc2 39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick942
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 9m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.