• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War245.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8317 users

Have a SC2 beta key?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-24 19:07:36
October 24 2008 19:06 GMT
#1
Alright so a few short months ago I bought a blizzcon ticket for $700 off ebay, followed shortly by flights and hotels..
Why you ask?
Well for blizzcon obviously but more specifically- a SC2 beta key.

I like some of you out there am going to throw everything I have into this game. I always regretted not getting into competitive BW earlier and I feel like whether anything comes of my dedication or not.. I'd like to try to "give it a shot", so to say.
Even if only because I'm too old to try to compete on a global level at any sport.. I feel I need to express myself competitively at some point in my life and I feel the release of the sequel to my favorite game, and the most anticipated game ever released, is the time to do it.

I assume at least some of you are planning the same for sc2. I wanted to use this thread as an opportunity for us to meet each other and more importantly start playing BW together! When beta comes I think it would be helpful to have people to theorycraft and try stuff out with.. at least after the initial metagame establishes itself.

So if anyone is interested in playing some games and talking about your plans for sc2 just post or pm your MSN and those interest can add each other and start practicing.

Btw I'm a C level zerg but enjoy offracing so I don't mind playing anyone.

My MSN: Forced-Attrition at hotmail dot com
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
October 24 2008 19:07 GMT
#2
...did the beta start 0_o? also editing your msn so you dont get raped by bots lol
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
October 24 2008 19:08 GMT
#3
Ty, and no I'm saying I want to play BW with other people who have a SC2 beta key in anticipation of it starting.
Spartan[nK]
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States213 Posts
October 24 2008 19:10 GMT
#4
Beta registration won't start until November I'm guessing.

http://blizzcon.com/beta

I have 4 beta keys, would have 5 if Machine[USA] didn't douche me, but that is a whole 'nother story and I don't really care anymore.
[ http://vgstrife.com ] THE STRIFE HITS 25.12.2008
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-24 19:29:37
October 24 2008 19:12 GMT
#5
Wow registration is only 3 weeks away.. They said at blizzcon that the beta itself won't start until 2009 but that's not to long when I think I googled for starcraft 2 news as early as 2003
Spartan[nK]
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States213 Posts
October 24 2008 19:13 GMT
#6
Registration and actual starting will probably be different dates. I also heard that during the WoW:WotLK beta that not everyone with a key from the last BlizzCon got to play.
[ http://vgstrife.com ] THE STRIFE HITS 25.12.2008
Krzycho
Profile Joined July 2007
Poland442 Posts
October 24 2008 19:15 GMT
#7
Sparan you have 4 SC2 beta keys????
Give me one
amoxicilline
Profile Joined August 2005
France1124 Posts
October 24 2008 19:16 GMT
#8
On October 25 2008 04:10 Spartan[nK] wrote:
Beta registration won't start until November I'm guessing.

http://blizzcon.com/beta

I have 4 beta keys, would have 5 if Machine[USA] didn't douche me, but that is a whole 'nother story and I don't really care anymore.



what's the point of having 4 or 5 beta keys ? since youre not gonna contribute to the beta for more than your own person
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
October 24 2008 19:16 GMT
#9
On October 25 2008 04:13 Spartan[nK] wrote:
Registration and actual starting will probably be different dates. I also heard that during the WoW:WotLK beta that not everyone with a key from the last BlizzCon got to play.

Can only hope that had something to do with them giving out keys at multiple events... That can't be by design so I hope they dont make that mistake again.
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
October 24 2008 19:17 GMT
#10
On October 25 2008 04:16 amoxicilline wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2008 04:10 Spartan[nK] wrote:
Beta registration won't start until November I'm guessing.

http://blizzcon.com/beta

I have 4 beta keys, would have 5 if Machine[USA] didn't douche me, but that is a whole 'nother story and I don't really care anymore.



what's the point of having 4 or 5 beta keys ? since youre not gonna contribute to the beta for more than your own person


Probably going to sell the extras
Spartan[nK]
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States213 Posts
October 24 2008 19:18 GMT
#11
One key is for me, one for my fellow Head Admin at VG, and another for my girlfriend. The fourth one will probably be sold or given to a friend.
[ http://vgstrife.com ] THE STRIFE HITS 25.12.2008
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
October 24 2008 19:23 GMT
#12
On October 25 2008 04:18 Spartan[nK] wrote:
One key is for me, one for my fellow Head Admin at VG, and another for my girlfriend. The fourth one will probably be sold or given to a friend.




I hate you.



+ Show Spoiler +
Free Palestine
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
October 24 2008 19:27 GMT
#13
I'm pretty sure Blizzard said somewhere the beta will be some time in 2009.
blabberrrrr
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-24 19:32:48
October 24 2008 19:32 GMT
#14
On October 25 2008 04:27 blabber wrote:
I'm pretty sure Blizzard said somewhere the beta will be some time in 2009.

Yeah not til 2009 as I said before.. registration in a few weeks tho
Shadowfury333
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada314 Posts
October 24 2008 19:36 GMT
#15
On October 25 2008 04:18 Spartan[nK] wrote:
One key is for me, one for my fellow Head Admin at VG, and another for my girlfriend. The fourth one will probably be sold or given to a friend.


Should we make offers by PM or in this thread?
Darkness called...but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
rOlEx
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada49 Posts
October 24 2008 19:54 GMT
#16
lol once the beta starts we should get everyone from TL.net with a beta key together and have the first ever starcraft 2 TSL

probably would be illegal to broadcast, dunno what the EULA for the beta will look like. Or if there will be observer mode in the beta.
It's time to drop the pants and dispense some indiscrimite justice!
Red.Cloud
Profile Joined September 2007
Canada235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-24 20:09:51
October 24 2008 19:55 GMT
#17
i've played vs u was good game but i won

but on topic ya i wish i had 1
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
October 24 2008 19:59 GMT
#18
omg shit, time goes!
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
October 24 2008 20:03 GMT
#19
I've got 2 that I got off ebay

1 for me 1 for my friend :D

I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

Seriously I'm going to shit my pants and fail school when the beta launches.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
October 24 2008 20:15 GMT
#20
On October 25 2008 04:10 Spartan[nK] wrote:
Beta registration won't start until November I'm guessing.

http://blizzcon.com/beta

I have 4 beta keys, would have 5 if Machine[USA] didn't douche me, but that is a whole 'nother story and I don't really care anymore.

dude, seriously i really dident fucking get one. Im not just making shit up, and just so you know i have friends who are trying to find me one to give to you.
I'm like, the coolest
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 192
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27142
Calm 6227
Stork 346
Barracks 242
Rush 185
Light 163
Free 143
Mind 109
Zeus 95
910 95
[ Show more ]
Killer 81
Shinee 74
Trap 40
Hyun 32
Terrorterran 30
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
Rock 22
soO 20
Sexy 17
sorry 16
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9509
XaKoH 388
Counter-Strike
fl0m4345
Other Games
singsing2105
hiko1038
FrodaN742
B2W.Neo618
Beastyqt529
crisheroes318
mouzStarbuck298
Livibee180
DeMusliM172
Hui .167
RotterdaM134
C9.Mang0124
KnowMe93
Trikslyr80
QueenE68
BRAT_OK 27
edward20
MindelVK15
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2486
Other Games
• Shiphtur853
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.