• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:23
CEST 06:23
KST 13:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8964 users

2008 US Presidential Election - Page 20

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 130 Next
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 03:13:17
August 28 2008 02:05 GMT
#381
On August 28 2008 10:42 Sadist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 10:34 Jibba wrote:
I think Bush does have a better record in dealing with sub-saharan Africa issues than Clinton does. The numbers for malaria and the like have improved dramatically since 2001, but of course other actors like Britain deserve credit for that as well.

Anyone have the nerve to sit through a Kerry speech?


I've never understood the hate for Kerry at all, it seemed like a bandwagon everybody jumped on


For losing to a monkey like Bush. The American people are to blame for that though. Sometimes I forget that and start hating on Kerry too.
wtf was that signature
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 28 2008 02:09 GMT
#382
wow that was a pretty powerful video, but what else would you expect from spielberg
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 28 2008 02:12 GMT
#383
Hm, even when covering the DNC 24/7 you think Fox would show one Obama campaign commercial. All I have seen is McCain, and the conservative magazine The Standard ads.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 02:14:51
August 28 2008 02:13 GMT
#384
For people that don't want to think too much, the RCP poll collection is a decent 'quick' analysis, although you'll have to pick out some outliers. Pollster is preferred, however. Pollster is atm iirc putting Obama 1.9% ahead with RCP 1.8% ahead, those combined give a decent look at how he's travelling. (And is it just me, or are both candidates becoming equally more popular ie, that both their polling percentages are rising at a roughly even capacity?)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 02:18:36
August 28 2008 02:17 GMT
#385
On August 28 2008 11:12 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Hm, even when covering the DNC 24/7 you think Fox would show one Obama campaign commercial. All I have seen is McCain, and the conservative magazine The Standard ads.

The commercials are hilarious, but tbh I think Fox's coverage is a step above CNN/MSNBC. Cristal is a douche bag though.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 28 2008 02:20 GMT
#386
just watch pbs
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 28 2008 02:21 GMT
#387
I was, but PBS is all academics. The greatest weakness of academics is that they're academics.

Btw they're using the awesome Life is a House theme for Biden's video.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 28 2008 02:27 GMT
#388
academics is miles better than part hacks who only give out the standard party lines, and third rate analysts who stick to tired, over-simplified interpretations.

I'll take academics who seriously discuss politics anyways

besides the fact, most of the guests are print journalists or party members; they just had on like 5 former generals
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 28 2008 02:29 GMT
#389
That sounds nice, but 4/6 of their people have been pretty reasonable so far. Cristal and one other guy are the only ones who fit the "Fox" mold.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 28 2008 02:39 GMT
#390
PBS academics? Meh. I see them unintentionally a lot (due to others putting them on the TV when I'm @ the computer T__T), and I find them to be better than the likes of CNN by a long shot, but pretty timid in their reporting.

Like, they will constantly show stuff about Hurricane Katrina, reporting on how people are still suffering, as opposed to using their media power to investigate stories about the people responsible for the response failures, which could generate media pressure.

I find that instead of covering the news they cover what other people (such as CNN) say is the news. They seem to completely follow mainstream stories. When they do, they might generate a more balanced view. But sometimes the focus of the stories is imbalanced.
wtf was that signature
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 28 2008 02:40 GMT
#391
ROFL Awesome slip.

"That is what we will get if George- excuse me John McCain is elected."

That worked so well.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 02:45:28
August 28 2008 02:41 GMT
#392
On August 28 2008 11:39 Servolisk wrote:
PBS academics? Meh. I see them unintentionally a lot (due to others putting them on the TV when I'm @ the computer T__T), and I find them to be better than the likes of CNN by a long shot, but pretty timid in their reporting.

Like, they will constantly show stuff about Hurricane Katrina, reporting on how people are still suffering, as opposed to using their media power to investigate stories about the people responsible for the response failures, which could generate media pressure.

I find that instead of covering the news they cover what other people (such as CNN) say is the news. They seem to completely follow mainstream stories. When they do, they might generate a more balanced view. But sometimes the focus of the stories is imbalanced.

I'm not talking about Lehrer and the reporters, I'm talking about their analysts. They use college professors instead of politicians/journalists.

Biden is doing pretty well so far.

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 28 2008 02:46 GMT
#393
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^
wtf was that signature
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 28 2008 02:49 GMT
#394
On August 28 2008 11:46 Servolisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^

One of Biden's speech tactics is repeating "That's the change we need" and the crowd is trying to repeat it for no apparent reason other than they're all sheep and the person next to them is doing it, and they're about 2 seconds late every time.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 28 2008 02:50 GMT
#395
On August 28 2008 11:49 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 11:46 Servolisk wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^

One of Biden's speech tactics is repeating "That's the change we need" and the crowd is trying to repeat it for no apparent reason other than they're all sheep and the person next to them is doing it, and they're about 2 seconds late every time.


And you think the RNC is going to be any different?
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 28 2008 02:51 GMT
#396
On August 28 2008 11:50 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 11:49 Jibba wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:46 Servolisk wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^

One of Biden's speech tactics is repeating "That's the change we need" and the crowd is trying to repeat it for no apparent reason other than they're all sheep and the person next to them is doing it, and they're about 2 seconds late every time.


And you think the RNC is going to be any different?

What does the RNC have to do with any of this?
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 02:56:05
August 28 2008 02:54 GMT
#397
On August 28 2008 11:51 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 11:50 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:49 Jibba wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:46 Servolisk wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^

One of Biden's speech tactics is repeating "That's the change we need" and the crowd is trying to repeat it for no apparent reason other than they're all sheep and the person next to them is doing it, and they're about 2 seconds late every time.


And you think the RNC is going to be any different?

What does the RNC have to do with any of this?


The Republican National Convention, they will attempt to do the same thing. Chants, patriotic speeches up the ass more so.


EDIT: ZOMG OBAMA SHUTTLE DROP!!
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-28 03:18:30
August 28 2008 02:58 GMT
#398
On August 28 2008 11:54 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2008 11:51 Jibba wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:50 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:49 Jibba wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:46 Servolisk wrote:
On August 28 2008 11:41 Jibba wrote:

Fucking stupid crowd trying to speak with Biden like the "Set it and Forget it commercial." I hate people.


That's why you shouldn't watch after you've decided how to vote, the stupidity will frustrate you.

I'm glad I have no idea what you're referring too ^_^

One of Biden's speech tactics is repeating "That's the change we need" and the crowd is trying to repeat it for no apparent reason other than they're all sheep and the person next to them is doing it, and they're about 2 seconds late every time.


And you think the RNC is going to be any different?

What does the RNC have to do with any of this?


The Republican National Convention, they will attempt to do the same thing. Chants, patriotic speeches up the ass more so.


EDIT: ZOMG OBAMA DROP!!

I know what RNC stands for, but it has nothing to do with the DNC attendees being annoying. The RNC attendees will be the same way, except they're probably older and more pessimistic.

Obama's entrance was a damn nice move.

MSNBC says Clinton saying Obama is ready after criticizing his inexperience in the past, is added confirmation that Obama is now ready.

Fox says Clinton is talking out of his ass.

Anyone disagree with Fox? Oh, and CNN is busy talking about Biden's grand children. And fusion, PBS has a documentary running.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
August 28 2008 03:26 GMT
#399
If you really want decent analysis you could try reading the opinion section of a newspaper or browse think tanks. I haven't watched television news in years :\.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 28 2008 03:28 GMT
#400
yeah they just finished coverage, but will do more analysis in 2 hours I think
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
febbydoto20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox540
Mew2King109
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 629
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft269
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick999
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota241
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush863
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 37m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.