• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:36
CEST 10:36
KST 17:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8917 users

2008 US Presidential Election - Page 18

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 130 Next
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
August 27 2008 06:20 GMT
#341
I really have no idea why people watch these things. Here and there you have a good speech, but as a whole, the convention doesn't bring about anything new. Even the VP announcement is made before the convention nowadays. But I guess people need their "catharsis". Myself, I'm like that guy from 'metropolitan'. I'll read the reviews tomorrow morn' and it will have saved me probably an hour of time.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-27 06:23:38
August 27 2008 06:23 GMT
#342
On August 27 2008 14:59 fight_or_flight wrote:
So I saw an article that says McCain is higher in the polls right now than Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

Am I missing something? I've never met anyone, online or in real life, that supports him.

Probably because you don't interact with older people or you live in a very liberal area. But if you want an accurate representation of poll results, check out pollster.com. It aggregates all the poll results to give you a more accurate result. Also has a really nice interface for projecting state-by-state results. Obama is leading in electoral votes so far =).

Also, a good site for polls about the issues is pollingreport.com. Great for meaningful analysis.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
August 27 2008 06:36 GMT
#343
I was surprised that both Gallup and Rasmussen polls showed Obama's numbers since the Biden pick have actually gone down. Normally there's a bounce on the order of 5%, not a loss of 3%. Analysis seems to be that Clinton supporters were holding out hope that she would be the pick and are now crying that they won't vote for Obama in November. In other words it's not a shift of increasing support to McCain but a decline in support for Obama among otherwise Democratic voters.

That's why the DNC is all about, as Dave Barry put it, "A Unified Party, United in Unity Together As One, Undivided.''
日本語が分かりますか
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
August 27 2008 07:23 GMT
#344
The same thing happened with Kerry in '04. One theory has been that the bump is a result of people tuning in for the first time as a result of the convention/VP announcement. The reason the bump is less this time around is because people have already been tuned in. At least that's my guess. Also, like I said, individual polls are really poor indicators of performance overall. I really recommend pollster.com for a good aggregate, although they haven't updated for this week yet.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-27 13:02:34
August 27 2008 12:33 GMT
#345
On August 27 2008 14:59 fight_or_flight wrote:
So I saw an article that says McCain is higher in the polls right now than Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

Am I missing something? I've never met anyone, online or in real life, that supports him.

It's a poll of 3,000 people from the "Mid west" who were actually willing to pick up their phone and answer a survey in the evening. Do you know anyone who would do that either?

These polls mean absolutely nothing at this point and I wish people would stop giving them so much credence. They're just flawed in so many ways. Gallup needs to shut the hell up for a while.

CNN is so fucking stupid. Using Giuliani as a commentator is like having Mumyung analyze Jaedong vs. July.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 27 2008 13:18 GMT
#346
Apparently many Hillary supporters are just as dumb as Republicans, amazing. Hillary endorses Obama, Obama is by far the closest candidate to Hillary's former platform, and is the one who will allow Hillary to work more effectively in the Senate ...

Actually that is even worse than a Republican, since Republicans might occasionally buy into their own nonsense, and think they are voting on principle. For these Hillary supporters, some weird idea of getting even is more important than principles.
wtf was that signature
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
August 27 2008 13:20 GMT
#347
On August 27 2008 15:20 ahrara_ wrote:
I really have no idea why people watch these things. Here and there you have a good speech, but as a whole, the convention doesn't bring about anything new. Even the VP announcement is made before the convention nowadays. But I guess people need their "catharsis". Myself, I'm like that guy from 'metropolitan'. I'll read the reviews tomorrow morn' and it will have saved me probably an hour of time.


I didn't see the point of watching either <_< I made up my mind ages ago. Only frustration comes from following politicians and pundits.
wtf was that signature
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 27 2008 13:52 GMT
#348
On August 27 2008 22:18 Servolisk wrote:
Apparently many Hillary supporters are just as dumb as Republicans, amazing. Hillary endorses Obama, Obama is by far the closest candidate to Hillary's former platform, and is the one who will allow Hillary to work more effectively in the Senate ...

Actually that is even worse than a Republican, since Republicans might occasionally buy into their own nonsense, and think they are voting on principle. For these Hillary supporters, some weird idea of getting even is more important than principles.


It's really amazing how divided the party is cuz of the shit she pulled.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Polls are on the whole, pretty fucking useless, but since this guy compiles a bunch, he at least makes it slightly accurate. I don't care if the sample size is 1,000 every time or whatever, different areas of most states vote entirely different from each other.

Fucking north jersey is primarily liberal as hell, but if I go just an hour south by my shore house, I know of at least 10 or 15 Confederate flags that are hanging proudly in front of homes in a 3 block radius. John Deer, Confederate flags... it's red territory, but since it's so sparsely populated there (something like 70% of the state's population is in the north) it doesn't mean shit.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-27 15:27:16
August 27 2008 15:13 GMT
#349
On August 27 2008 22:52 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 22:18 Servolisk wrote:
Apparently many Hillary supporters are just as dumb as Republicans, amazing. Hillary endorses Obama, Obama is by far the closest candidate to Hillary's former platform, and is the one who will allow Hillary to work more effectively in the Senate ...

Actually that is even worse than a Republican, since Republicans might occasionally buy into their own nonsense, and think they are voting on principle. For these Hillary supporters, some weird idea of getting even is more important than principles.


It's really amazing how divided the party is cuz of the shit she pulled.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Polls are on the whole, pretty fucking useless, but since this guy compiles a bunch, he at least makes it slightly accurate. I don't care if the sample size is 1,000 every time or whatever, different areas of most states vote entirely different from each other.

Fucking north jersey is primarily liberal as hell, but if I go just an hour south by my shore house, I know of at least 10 or 15 Confederate flags that are hanging proudly in front of homes in a 3 block radius. John Deer, Confederate flags... it's red territory, but since it's so sparsely populated there (something like 70% of the state's population is in the north) it doesn't mean shit.

Exactly. The town I'm in voted 73% Kerry, but if you drive 10 minutes you can find a town that went hard Bush. They really serve no useful purpose at this point, unless they release more specific data about the polling method such as ONLY people within a certain township.

My hatred for CNN grows more and more each day.
This CNN.com feature is optimized for Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher.

You are currently using Flash Player 10
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Kaesi
Profile Joined July 2008
United States82 Posts
August 27 2008 15:50 GMT
#350
The media is retarded. There's been no real news since Obama went overseas on his goodwill tour. Yet, they keep churning out the polls day after day as if opinion is actually changing. It's not. Nothing's going to shift noticeably until some real debates and we get about 1 month away from the actual voting time. Most people tuned out once Obama secured the nomination. They're not going to tune back in except for the major events like VP pick, DNC, and then the actual debates. Yet, media goes on and on, every fucking day, talking about it like it's a horse race and they're going thru the final stretch. Media is scum. That's all I can say. (There's a few decent ones).

fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 27 2008 18:22 GMT
#351
On August 27 2008 21:33 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 14:59 fight_or_flight wrote:
So I saw an article that says McCain is higher in the polls right now than Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

Am I missing something? I've never met anyone, online or in real life, that supports him.

It's a poll of 3,000 people from the "Mid west" who were actually willing to pick up their phone and answer a survey in the evening. Do you know anyone who would do that either?

These polls mean absolutely nothing at this point and I wish people would stop giving them so much credence. They're just flawed in so many ways. Gallup needs to shut the hell up for a while.

CNN is so fucking stupid. Using Giuliani as a commentator is like having Mumyung analyze Jaedong vs. July.


fuck cnn, just watch PBS
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
August 27 2008 18:24 GMT
#352
On August 27 2008 22:52 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 22:18 Servolisk wrote:
Apparently many Hillary supporters are just as dumb as Republicans, amazing. Hillary endorses Obama, Obama is by far the closest candidate to Hillary's former platform, and is the one who will allow Hillary to work more effectively in the Senate ...

Actually that is even worse than a Republican, since Republicans might occasionally buy into their own nonsense, and think they are voting on principle. For these Hillary supporters, some weird idea of getting even is more important than principles.


It's really amazing how divided the party is cuz of the shit she pulled.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Polls are on the whole, pretty fucking useless, but since this guy compiles a bunch, he at least makes it slightly accurate. I don't care if the sample size is 1,000 every time or whatever, different areas of most states vote entirely different from each other.

Fucking north jersey is primarily liberal as hell, but if I go just an hour south by my shore house, I know of at least 10 or 15 Confederate flags that are hanging proudly in front of homes in a 3 block radius. John Deer, Confederate flags... it's red territory, but since it's so sparsely populated there (something like 70% of the state's population is in the north) it doesn't mean shit.

I think I'm in love with that site you posted.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 27 2008 21:03 GMT
#353
On August 28 2008 03:22 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 21:33 Jibba wrote:
On August 27 2008 14:59 fight_or_flight wrote:
So I saw an article that says McCain is higher in the polls right now than Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

Am I missing something? I've never met anyone, online or in real life, that supports him.

It's a poll of 3,000 people from the "Mid west" who were actually willing to pick up their phone and answer a survey in the evening. Do you know anyone who would do that either?

These polls mean absolutely nothing at this point and I wish people would stop giving them so much credence. They're just flawed in so many ways. Gallup needs to shut the hell up for a while.

CNN is so fucking stupid. Using Giuliani as a commentator is like having Mumyung analyze Jaedong vs. July.


fuck cnn, just watch PBS

I actually watched CSPAN for the speeches and they were the ones doing all the ugly chick camera shots.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 27 2008 21:06 GMT
#354
yeah I use cspan if I actually want to watch all the speeches (most of them are garbage), but PBS covers a lot and has fairly good analysis, certainly much better than cnn
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 27 2008 21:22 GMT
#355
On August 28 2008 03:24 ahrara_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2008 22:52 Hawk wrote:
On August 27 2008 22:18 Servolisk wrote:
Apparently many Hillary supporters are just as dumb as Republicans, amazing. Hillary endorses Obama, Obama is by far the closest candidate to Hillary's former platform, and is the one who will allow Hillary to work more effectively in the Senate ...

Actually that is even worse than a Republican, since Republicans might occasionally buy into their own nonsense, and think they are voting on principle. For these Hillary supporters, some weird idea of getting even is more important than principles.


It's really amazing how divided the party is cuz of the shit she pulled.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Polls are on the whole, pretty fucking useless, but since this guy compiles a bunch, he at least makes it slightly accurate. I don't care if the sample size is 1,000 every time or whatever, different areas of most states vote entirely different from each other.

Fucking north jersey is primarily liberal as hell, but if I go just an hour south by my shore house, I know of at least 10 or 15 Confederate flags that are hanging proudly in front of homes in a 3 block radius. John Deer, Confederate flags... it's red territory, but since it's so sparsely populated there (something like 70% of the state's population is in the north) it doesn't mean shit.

I think I'm in love with that site you posted.


Yeah, it's actually pretty cool. Like i said, most polls are bs imo, but the way he takes them all and basically assesses their accuracy is neat.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
August 27 2008 21:34 GMT
#356
nice lineup today

daschle, bill clinton, john kerry, bill richardson, joe biden all speaking today
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 27 2008 21:35 GMT
#357
And let's hope they all attack McCain. What the Democrats is a constant rolling barrage of attacks on McCain. There is plenty of stuff to attack him on.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
August 27 2008 22:02 GMT
#358
roll call happening now
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 28 2008 00:32 GMT
#359
I'm not sure if anyone has the balls to say it (Maybe Clark will) but eventually someone needs to point out that McCain missed a critical shift in foreign policy while he was a POW. He is still a war hero, but he was only around for Johnson's disastrous Vietnam strategy and he didn't get out until after Kissinger had made his mark.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
August 28 2008 00:32 GMT
#360
Obama gets the nom.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 466
Larva 133
Hyun 54
NotJumperer 48
Killer 41
scan(afreeca) 40
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Hm[arnc] 12
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto124
League of Legends
JimRising 484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1225
edward231
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7731
Coldzera 708
ceh9600
Happy283
Sick139
crisheroes129
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick566
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2299
League of Legends
• Jankos1028
• Stunt361
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 24m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.