• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9359 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 29

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 58 Next
jakek95
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom351 Posts
April 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#561
[image loading]
really enjoying it!
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
April 03 2012 23:22 GMT
#562
Just read
[image loading]
Quite a charming manga about restitution, pretty enjoyable from this first time manga reader's POV.

Reading!

[image loading]
A few words; Powerful, Thought provoking.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 03 2012 23:54 GMT
#563
God damn I love Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Simple, easy reading that builds beautifully. It is a rare book that draws you in subtley and leaves you with a changed view on things. Some books in that vein try and sledgehammer you with different view points but this one is wonderfully written.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
April 04 2012 00:30 GMT
#564
On April 04 2012 08:54 Probulous wrote:
God damn I love Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Simple, easy reading that builds beautifully. It is a rare book that draws you in subtley and leaves you with a changed view on things. Some books in that vein try and sledgehammer you with different view points but this one is wonderfully written.

Oh it is a joy read, I didn't want to say too much, since I haven't finished it, but its a great thing read after a long hiatus from reading for pleasure, for me it nearly escapes definition and comparison, but you have summarised its qualities wondrously.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
ralffriend
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany112 Posts
April 04 2012 00:38 GMT
#565
[image loading]

written by J.S. Foer

that book made me really think about my meat consume and our current agriculture
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
April 04 2012 12:33 GMT
#566
Finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire. Really enjoyed both but taking a break before finishing off the trilogy.

Right now I'm reading

[image loading]


And it's really brilliant so far!
gunman103
Profile Joined February 2011
United States84 Posts
April 04 2012 22:04 GMT
#567
I hope to start reading World War Z sometime soon, it sounds really interesting judging from the Wikipedia page.

[image loading]
adiga
Profile Joined July 2011
495 Posts
April 05 2012 16:52 GMT
#568
Hey all I'm finishing reading:
[image loading]

and than I'll read:
[image loading]

also I need recommendations for books:
As a noob who wants to get into this world, I want to reading the MUST read books for noobs.
I need to start some where and I have no idea where. Which books are the fundamentals of reading?
The way I see atm is that although books like GOT are awesome and all the bottom line is that they are another means of entertainment, and I feel that books have more to offer than just entertainment, in other words I'm looking for other ways to open my mind(which kinda hard to find today) and to expand my knowledge and open new doors and perspectives of the world if that's by other people way of thinking etc.

Thanks a lot! though I will never say no for a good fantasy book or "entertaining" books I missed up until now, to read them while I read other books, I love the whole alternative present stories(like Children of men etc.).
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
April 05 2012 17:17 GMT
#569
You could try reading some philosophy, but don't think that books are magic. They don't give you +3 int for completing them.


A simple book to start on for philosophy would be "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. It is the book that contains what most people think is in the bible. When you start reading it, skip the first chapter. He begins by thanking everyone that shaped his life, it is a pointless read if you don't know the history of the Roman Empire in detail.

If you just want a good books with some depth to it, anything from George Orwell will do, but I would recommend my favorite book of all times, 1984.
adiga
Profile Joined July 2011
495 Posts
April 05 2012 17:33 GMT
#570
On April 06 2012 02:17 zalz wrote:
You could try reading some philosophy, but don't think that books are magic. They don't give you +3 int for completing them.


A simple book to start on for philosophy would be "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. It is the book that contains what most people think is in the bible. When you start reading it, skip the first chapter. He begins by thanking everyone that shaped his life, it is a pointless read if you don't know the history of the Roman Empire in detail.

If you just want a good books with some depth to it, anything from George Orwell will do, but I would recommend my favorite book of all times, 1984.


Thanks a lot, I'll check that book out.
Though I think you got me wrong a bit, I don't want to jump into the deep waters and atm I want to read books that I missed since I haven't read much which you think are the must read for every reading lover, even if its a children book.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 18:00:28
April 05 2012 17:59 GMT
#571
On April 06 2012 01:52 adiga wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey all I'm finishing reading:
[image loading]

and than I'll read:
[image loading]

also I need recommendations for books:
As a noob who wants to get into this world, I want to reading the MUST read books for noobs.
I need to start some where and I have no idea where. Which books are the fundamentals of reading?
The way I see atm is that although books like GOT are awesome and all the bottom line is that they are another means of entertainment, and I feel that books have more to offer than just entertainment, in other words I'm looking for other ways to open my mind(which kinda hard to find today) and to expand my knowledge and open new doors and perspectives of the world if that's by other people way of thinking etc.

Thanks a lot! though I will never say no for a good fantasy book or "entertaining" books I missed up until now, to read them while I read other books, I love the whole alternative present stories(like Children of men etc.).


what is GOT?
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
April 05 2012 18:00 GMT
#572
The road, and I'm depressed.
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
adiga
Profile Joined July 2011
495 Posts
April 05 2012 18:03 GMT
#573
On April 06 2012 02:59 miercat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 01:52 adiga wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey all I'm finishing reading:
[image loading]

and than I'll read:
[image loading]

also I need recommendations for books:
As a noob who wants to get into this world, I want to reading the MUST read books for noobs.
I need to start some where and I have no idea where. Which books are the fundamentals of reading?
The way I see atm is that although books like GOT are awesome and all the bottom line is that they are another means of entertainment, and I feel that books have more to offer than just entertainment, in other words I'm looking for other ways to open my mind(which kinda hard to find today) and to expand my knowledge and open new doors and perspectives of the world if that's by other people way of thinking etc.

Thanks a lot! though I will never say no for a good fantasy book or "entertaining" books I missed up until now, to read them while I read other books, I love the whole alternative present stories(like Children of men etc.).


what is GOT?


I meant A song of ice and fire, don't why but me and friends call the series Game of thrones, I guess it's because we saw the TV show first and we got stuck with the name.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 18:39:38
April 05 2012 18:29 GMT
#574
On April 06 2012 03:03 adiga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 02:59 miercat wrote:
On April 06 2012 01:52 adiga wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey all I'm finishing reading:
[image loading]

and than I'll read:
[image loading]

also I need recommendations for books:
As a noob who wants to get into this world, I want to reading the MUST read books for noobs.
I need to start some where and I have no idea where. Which books are the fundamentals of reading?
The way I see atm is that although books like GOT are awesome and all the bottom line is that they are another means of entertainment, and I feel that books have more to offer than just entertainment, in other words I'm looking for other ways to open my mind(which kinda hard to find today) and to expand my knowledge and open new doors and perspectives of the world if that's by other people way of thinking etc.

Thanks a lot! though I will never say no for a good fantasy book or "entertaining" books I missed up until now, to read them while I read other books, I love the whole alternative present stories(like Children of men etc.).


what is GOT?


I meant A song of ice and fire, don't why but me and friends call the series Game of thrones, I guess it's because we saw the TV show first and we got stuck with the name.


List (books that stood out for me):

I read now (read fiction as child, transitioned to only reading non-fiction, now started reading fiction again :o )

1. - Wheel of Time Series (fantasy series - 13+ books - best series in my opinion, along with Ice/Fire)


Read when I was younger.

2. Enders Game (Sci-fi)(also others in the series)(alternate)

3. "His Dark Materials" (trilogy of fantasy novels)(alternate)

4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time (single book, interesting perspective from POV of narrator with Autistic traits)

5. "Dune" (science fiction - multiple books - relatively significant focus on politics relative to other sci- fi novels- though intriguing in its own right)



Probably I cannot remember some at the moment. Let me know, if you require others.

Also, I scanned this whole thread, and book stores in my area, and made a list of all the fiction books I was interested in.

Question: Why did you only start interest in reading now?
Goldomen
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden46 Posts
April 05 2012 18:32 GMT
#575
Just finished a Storm of Swords... and it was such an amazing book. Much better than the first and second book <3.

However... I think I'm going to start with a Feast of Crows sooner or later... so I can tease and spoil the story for every GoT viewer.

However... people should read the books written by Dan Brown and Stephen King. Such powerful books and splendid authors.
Fuck tha police
evantrees
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada497 Posts
April 05 2012 22:02 GMT
#576
On April 04 2012 21:33 snotboogie wrote:
Finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire. Really enjoyed both but taking a break before finishing off the trilogy.

Right now I'm reading

[image loading]


And it's really brilliant so far!

I finally pulled it off the bookshelf and started it a few weeks ago myself, really enjoying as well.

First of his books I've started reading, really enjoyed Sandman, sometime will hopefully get around to reading Lucifer.

Finished the complete hammer's slammer's volume 3 before that, just the voyage left and then I'm done with the Hammerverse.
rejection and peace tiramisu. I think that went well.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
April 05 2012 22:39 GMT
#577
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter.

Since I'm goin' inta art school soon.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
April 09 2012 04:29 GMT
#578
I finished Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev, great novel, I especially like how unpreachy (compare to Tolstoy, for example), balanced and natural it felt just as a story of a person while at the same time being an important piece in the era's politics--it brought the term nihilism into popular knowledge--and one of the most influential of the classic Russian novels.

Now I'm reading A Canticle for Leibowitz, the sci-fi classic.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
April 09 2012 04:39 GMT
#579
I found Pandora Hearts (manga) and Neon Genesis Evangelion (manga). I'm still waiting on 07 ghost to update, as well as Trinity Blood, Ubel Blatt, and a few others.

Liking both, but both update really slow, and Evangelion is based on the anime from...18 years ago now? lol

Looking for other stuff to start reading.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
April 09 2012 04:51 GMT
#580
On April 06 2012 02:17 zalz wrote:
You could try reading some philosophy, but don't think that books are magic. They don't give you +3 int for completing them.


A simple book to start on for philosophy would be "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. It is the book that contains what most people think is in the bible. When you start reading it, skip the first chapter. He begins by thanking everyone that shaped his life, it is a pointless read if you don't know the history of the Roman Empire in detail.

If you just want a good books with some depth to it, anything from George Orwell will do, but I would recommend my favorite book of all times, 1984.

i never knew the roman emperors actually wrote books, i'll have to look it up!
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings0
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Nina 143
ViBE108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14760
Artosis 563
PianO 18
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever539
canceldota132
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift3927
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1484
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe48
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6591
FrodaN1070
shahzam541
C9.Mang0310
Mew2King23
fpsfer 1
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• RyuSc2 34
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1152
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.