• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:51
CEST 19:51
KST 02:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12412 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 22

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 58 Next
lundell100
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden232 Posts
February 16 2012 20:31 GMT
#421
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
itkovian
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1763 Posts
February 16 2012 20:36 GMT
#422
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 01 2012 22:17 Malinor wrote:
[image loading]

Fifth book in this ten book series. Sometimes there is just too many mysterious, old and/or powerful creatures in these books, which all seem to be able to single-handedly to destroy the world(s), but besides that flaw, these books are extremely well written and a pleasure to read. I am in for the ride for the next ~6000-7000pages.



That was one of my favorite in the series. Plus an awesome title

Just a month ago I finished The Crippled God, the last book in that series, and now I'm starting into Ian C Esslemont's complementary works to the series.

Currently on:
[image loading]
Return of the Crimson Gaurd

So far, I enjoy his writing as much as erickson's. I'm tempted to even say I like it better right now.
=)=
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
February 16 2012 20:51 GMT
#423
Read last weekend:

[image loading]

Not sure what to read during the upcoming one. Either another book of this kind or...hm, I dunno.
coffecup
Profile Joined January 2012
50 Posts
February 16 2012 20:57 GMT
#424
[image loading]

I've read the The Moon is Down, the Red Pony, Of Mice and Men, and The Pearl so far. Gotta love Steinbeck.
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
February 16 2012 20:58 GMT
#425
[image loading]

Last time I read this I was 9 or 10, 23 now.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 20:59:38
February 16 2012 20:59 GMT
#426
Just ordered

[image loading]

So ima be reading that ^^
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
February 16 2012 21:03 GMT
#427
On February 16 2012 14:46 IMoperator wrote:
Reading 1984 in my English class, and I'm enjoying it a lot.


Recently re-read 1984.

Still my favorite book of all time.
phosphore
Profile Joined March 2011
France33 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 21:09:50
February 16 2012 21:05 GMT
#428



previous :http://imados.fr/history/2/la-peau-de-chagrin_couv.jpg



Reading :

http://schoolworkhelper.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/The_Brothers_-Karamazov-1.jpg

next:http://www.ingoodbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Animal-Farm1.jpg
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 21:10:59
February 16 2012 21:10 GMT
#429
I'm trying out The Hunger Games because I liked Battle Royale/Lord of the Flies and it was recommended to me.
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
February 16 2012 21:14 GMT
#430
[image loading]
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
Sir WeenieGuy
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 21:18:37
February 16 2012 21:17 GMT
#431
currently reading
[image loading]
Although i'm stalling a bit halfway through the book.
also reading
[image loading]

and listening to the audiobook of
[image loading]
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
February 22 2012 12:23 GMT
#432
On February 17 2012 05:51 Lucumo wrote:
Read last weekend:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Not sure what to read during the upcoming one. Either another book of this kind or...hm, I dunno.

Well, it was another one of that kind:

[image loading]
Anktious
Profile Joined September 2010
United States190 Posts
February 27 2012 17:50 GMT
#433
Just finished reading [image loading].



About to start the "Chosen One of Allivar" trilogy. Here's the first book.

[image loading]


Probably going to read the other two in the trilogy immediately after. I'm not a fan of taking breaks between stories (Hunger Games, Dragon Tattoo, etc).

On January 23 2009 04:38 {88}iNcontroL wrote: I hate it when i sit at my computer and post on this forum when suddenly my dick launches out of my pants and makes me type incorrectly.. starts mashing ont h legnskzsnmklbf oh fuck there we go again.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 07:16:54
February 28 2012 07:16 GMT
#434
On February 06 2012 15:04 raj_ wrote:


Working on Passion and Purity right now:
[image loading]


Let me know how it is, I'm reading

[image loading]


right now and the author refers to Passion and Purity a lot.
ThatGuyDoMo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia516 Posts
February 28 2012 08:03 GMT
#435
Critique Of Pure Reason - Immanuel Kant

[image loading]

This may take the whole year to decipher...
nohbrows
Profile Joined February 2011
United States653 Posts
February 28 2012 08:36 GMT
#436
Been a huge book worm since I was a kid (powering through Order of the Pheonix at the age of 8 in one day. Hell yes.) Haven't been reading much due to school and all, but now that I have the time (and my English class being interesting again), here's what I have been reading lately:

[image loading]


This play right here. I can see why they call it a classic of American literature. The characterizations of each character, from Stanely to Stella to Blanche to Mitch seemed so..stereotypically (?) if not archetypically American and I connected with each one of them off the bat. The lines are superb and lifelike.

School assignments have made me reading a lot of plays lately, including:
[image loading]

I haven't really appreciated plays until recently. They take a lot of effort to read. Shakespeare especially. Which is why I don't understand the reasoning behind giving Shakespeare to High School freshmen. I couldn't read shakespeare before, but now I am appreciating his works a bit more. Must be the 4 years of High School English.

[image loading]

I hated it. So much. I dunno why, but the read through of it was just...blech. I wanted to throw it against the wall.

[image loading]

Interesting play because of its treatment of the main woman protagonist given the context of its creation. + Show Spoiler +
Hated the way it ended. Apparently it caused people to threaten to jail Ibsen, but I guess to modern readers, it will seem a bit bland.
A fast read.

[image loading]

I found it absurd and hilarious.

The Bible. Goal is to finish it by the end of the year.

What I want to be reading/Will be reading and why:

Othello and Bent (the play) (I didn't want to load up my posts with more pictures than it already has.) More school readings. English professor sure loves them plays.

The Hunger Games trilogy: I despise the book not because it is absolutely disgustingly bad (it's a fun read) but the rabid army of fan girls at my school who believe that it is the best series ever after Harry Potter....nay the best literary works ever. Need to re read though before movie comes out so I don't get left out from the discussions. (someone has to defend the honor of great films/books.)
The Martian Chronicles: Ray Bradbury is a boss, 'nuff said. Can never read it enough.
Dune. I've been meaning to read this for a long time. Should get hopping to it.
Game of Thrones: Is it really that good?

I can't think of anything else at the moment. So many things to read. So little time in the world to read them.


Seizon Senryaku!
HankMardukus
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1 Post
February 28 2012 08:54 GMT
#437
I've started a Goodreads account this year. Really helps motivation when it comes to reading. Set my goal to 75 books this year and I'm already at 18! Best ones so far: Steppenwolf (Herman Hesse), The Trial (Kafka), Darkness at Noon (Koestler), The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (McCullers) and #1 Germinal by Emile Zola.
Emiko
Profile Joined August 2011
Philippines102 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 12:22:34
February 28 2012 12:18 GMT
#438
On February 06 2012 21:27 Kznn wrote:
[image loading]

Until now, I've never read a novel with a better plot twist/s that the one in A Storm of Swords. Fans, you know what I'm talking about. I literally put down the book for a minute or two when I read it. While I didn't make any noise, my head was screaming "WTF." x9999.
Teoman
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway382 Posts
February 28 2012 12:30 GMT
#439
I will be reading this:
[image loading]

Only it will be in swedish, even though im norwegian (family stuff) :D
So it will be this rather

[image loading]

Also i was trying to read another book, a norwegian one, but i lost track of where i was so i gave up. Haha

[image loading]

(it means "White niggers", but is not in any way about racism or immigrants for that matter :D
"Quisque est barbarus alii."
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
February 28 2012 12:33 GMT
#440
[image loading]
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1027
TKL 383
IndyStarCraft 252
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1027
ByuN 416
TKL 371
IndyStarCraft 252
Reynor 162
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50637
Calm 2712
Shuttle 436
actioN 160
firebathero 120
Mini 62
Mong 38
soO 21
Rock 18
Aegong 15
[ Show more ]
Pusan 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 5
White-Ra 3
Dota 2
Gorgc10975
Counter-Strike
fl0m5950
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2328
Liquid`Hasu418
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2000
FrodaN1315
B2W.Neo702
olofmeister479
Khaldor468
KnowMe318
crisheroes178
Livibee174
ToD91
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick358
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 35
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 4
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach72
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1616
Other Games
• imaqtpie755
• Shiphtur587
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 9m
OSC
5h 9m
Replay Cast
5h 9m
OSC
18h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.