• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7817 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 21

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 58 Next
EdaPoe
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands82 Posts
February 06 2012 12:28 GMT
#401
Finished:

[image loading]

Started:

[image loading]
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
February 06 2012 12:43 GMT
#402
just ordered

[image loading][image loading]

heard a lot of good things about it, should be an epic series like "a song of ice and fire"
Proflo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 12:53:45
February 06 2012 12:51 GMT
#403
On January 01 2012 19:07 Xeteh wrote:
[image loading]

I initially picked up the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson when I was in need of something to read. Turned out I loved the world he created in that trilogy (as well as the way-to-short 4th book). So after reading those books I decided I had to read everything he wrote. I've finish Elantris and I'm around 40% of the way through this one. So far it isn't my favorite and I've found it to be a bit slow on the start but it is still very well written. I'm a huge fan of his and look forward to future books.


Ha, me too in that order also, good auther, good books.... With epub's so easy to download I find myself reading way more than in the past...


On February 06 2012 21:43 Talho wrote:
just ordered

[image loading][image loading]

heard a lot of good things about it, should be an epic series like "a song of ice and fire"




..... actually just started reading this series.... Seems somewhat overly wordy to me, and not nearly as fast paced as A Song of Ice and Fire... but I'll finish at least the first book before I make a final decision as to if I will read the series...
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
[V]
Profile Joined November 2011
United States905 Posts
February 06 2012 13:04 GMT
#404
I want to read some "classics", so I can relate to the intellectual kinds. Can anyone recommend to me a few good books to start on?
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
EdaPoe
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands82 Posts
February 06 2012 13:17 GMT
#405
On February 06 2012 22:04 .V. wrote:
I want to read some "classics", so I can relate to the intellectual kinds. Can anyone recommend to me a few good books to start on?


I do not know what genre you seek exactly but a few of the top of my head:

Stendhal: The red and the Black
Flaubert: A sentimental education
Dostoevsky: The Idiot, Brothers Karamazov, Crime and Punishment
James Joyce: A portrait of the artist as a young man, Ulysses
Huxley: After many a summer dies a swan, Grey Eminence
Joseph Conrad: Heart of Darkness


fiveop
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany14 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 13:40:02
February 06 2012 13:25 GMT
#406
I just finished

[image loading].

It was somewhat enlightening.

I already ordered:

[image loading].
Entirely - Louis MacNeice
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
February 06 2012 13:38 GMT
#407
On February 06 2012 22:04 .V. wrote:
I want to read some "classics", so I can relate to the intellectual kinds. Can anyone recommend to me a few good books to start on?

1984 by Orwell < most people tend to just stop there.
Basic Writings of Nietzsche by Nietzsche
The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories by Bukowsk
Molloy by Beckett
The Lord Chandos Letter and Other Writings by Hoffmansthal

Look them up on Google Books preview or something first, obviously. Read what you enjoy. I don't read large fiction books because I find them extremely tedious and boring, seriously, there have been seven Harry Potter books?
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
February 06 2012 13:43 GMT
#408
[image loading]

amazing read. Reminds me of agatha christie en wallander.
"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
February 06 2012 14:04 GMT
#409
I think I'll do a retro and read on the Marvel comics I've been collecting in highschool.
BSOD
ViKing123
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
20 Posts
February 06 2012 14:35 GMT
#410
Currently reading this book,
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And after that i'm gonna read this one
+ Show Spoiler +
I am Zlatan http://www.fontforlag.com/images/2011/Jeg_er_Zlatan.jpg


and at last i'm gonna plow through the rest of this series
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Don't drink and drive. You'll might hit a bump and spill yout drink.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
February 06 2012 14:38 GMT
#411
On February 06 2012 21:51 Proflo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 19:07 Xeteh wrote:
[image loading]

I initially picked up the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson when I was in need of something to read. Turned out I loved the world he created in that trilogy (as well as the way-to-short 4th book). So after reading those books I decided I had to read everything he wrote. I've finish Elantris and I'm around 40% of the way through this one. So far it isn't my favorite and I've found it to be a bit slow on the start but it is still very well written. I'm a huge fan of his and look forward to future books.


Ha, me too in that order also, good auther, good books.... With epub's so easy to download I find myself reading way more than in the past...


Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 21:43 Talho wrote:
just ordered

[image loading][image loading]

heard a lot of good things about it, should be an epic series like "a song of ice and fire"




..... actually just started reading this series.... Seems somewhat overly wordy to me, and not nearly as fast paced as A Song of Ice and Fire... but I'll finish at least the first book before I make a final decision as to if I will read the series...


Read at least the first three. It's hard to get into, but once you do it's the best series youll ever read
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Johnnybb
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark486 Posts
February 09 2012 15:56 GMT
#412
[image loading]

I'm a big fan of the True Blood Series on HBO so I thought I'd start reading the books!
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 18:17:04
February 09 2012 18:15 GMT
#413
I'm in the middle of the Foundation trilogy, just finished Foundation and starting Foundation and Empire now. I probably should have read this a while ago seeing how big and influential it is in sci-fi.

I'm also near the beginning of Vanity Fair. I'm not sure I'll have the patience for it though, I'm finding his fourth-wall breaking digressions somewhat grating in addition to the intimidating length.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
pastramiMonkey
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden2 Posts
February 09 2012 20:14 GMT
#414
Just finished:
[image loading]

Just Ordered:
[image loading]
and
[image loading]
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
February 09 2012 20:19 GMT
#415
On January 09 2012 13:32 Meta wrote:
[image loading]

My girlfriend got a kindle for christmas and she pirated like 100+ books. So now I get to read whenever I want, for free!


After that I read:
[image loading]

Next:
[image loading]

Finally returning to this series, about 7 years after finishing Book 4. I had to re-read synopses of the first four but it's surprising how much I remember
good vibes only
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 06:38:13
February 13 2012 06:37 GMT
#416
[image loading]

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
JadeFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1225 Posts
February 16 2012 05:10 GMT
#417
[image loading]
SuperPro
Profile Joined February 2012
99 Posts
February 16 2012 05:36 GMT
#418
Reading Crime and Punishment for English. Interesting book.

[image loading]
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
February 16 2012 05:46 GMT
#419
Reading 1984 in my English class, and I'm enjoying it a lot.
se7en247
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States487 Posts
February 16 2012 20:20 GMT
#420
[image loading]

Started reading through this series. Really liking it so far.
I didn't come to play..I came to win. Now lets play.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM481
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 481
Reynor 254
ByuN 211
TKL 163
Railgan 75
Codebar 50
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58231
Bisu 2934
Calm 1561
FanTaSy 1016
Stork 815
Rush 426
hero 386
firebathero 185
Snow 124
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 69
Mind 65
actioN 55
Sea.KH 51
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Bale 27
Mong 23
Sexy 23
soO 23
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 11
Sacsri 10
Shine 9
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8808
Dendi1062
Counter-Strike
fl0m5539
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1493
B2W.Neo731
Beastyqt590
olofmeister541
Mlord460
Khaldor384
KnowMe317
Hui .212
crisheroes176
Chillindude63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV271
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV580
League of Legends
• Nemesis3080
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1698
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 30m
OSC
7h 30m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
20h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.