• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9369 users

Savior plays BW games on Afreeca - Page 68

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 71 Next
JiPrime
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada688 Posts
November 10 2011 01:39 GMT
#1341
On November 10 2011 09:04 Ahaha wrote:
claiming savior "single-handedly" "almost" "killed e-sport" is pathetic. He did it for himself. E-sport falling or not is up to E-sport. It's like claiming any scammer "single-handedly almost killed the internet" or any stealer "single-handedly killed humanity".

People are stupid as always.


Where did I said that he killed e-sports as a whole? Read again. I said he almost killed BW scene.

And FYI, BW was dying, it's just that he accelerated the process.
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
November 10 2011 01:53 GMT
#1342
When I think of Savior, he reminds me of the match-making scandal. He is a good player, but he is selfish.

Doubt any of my feelings towards him will change anytime soon. And accelerating the "BW was dying" process is just as bad to the fans. Such a shame
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
Talent.L
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
119 Posts
November 10 2011 01:59 GMT
#1343
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
November 10 2011 02:11 GMT
#1344
On November 09 2011 03:05 Hirmu wrote:

Highlights of his afreeca play, really cool video! 6:45 PIMP move

Though I hate his actions and denounce him as a legend...

That video is fucking baller as hell. Shit.
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
November 10 2011 02:24 GMT
#1345
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 02:45:01
November 10 2011 02:43 GMT
#1346
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


The difference in competition between proleague and fish or wherever he's playing those games is a little different.
BW forever || Thall
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
November 10 2011 03:03 GMT
#1347
On November 10 2011 11:43 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


The difference in competition between proleague and fish or wherever he's playing those games is a little different.

I didn't say for match fixing. I meant a system with penalties for rules transgressions in general. And because there is no precedent for this, they'd have to make up their own rules. In what sport is there a lifetime ban for the first rules offense of any type?
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 03:34:53
November 10 2011 03:34 GMT
#1348
On November 10 2011 11:11 Keone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 03:05 Hirmu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8vboPJhIg&list=FLjjnNSRDjs9cMWbI7loTrwg&index=6&feature=plpp_video
Highlights of his afreeca play, really cool video! 6:45 PIMP move

Though I hate his actions and denounce him as a legend...

That video is fucking baller as hell. Shit.


those storm drop dodges were fucking badass O_O

+ lurker egg mine drag wtf
Free Palestine
JiPrime
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada688 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 03:44:02
November 10 2011 03:37 GMT
#1349
On November 10 2011 12:03 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 11:43 Rostam wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


In what sport is there a lifetime ban for the first rules offense of any type?

BW and SC2. And that's how it should be and always will be, because it is VERY VERY easy to cheat and very difficult to stop (illegal betting and match-fixing) in this kind of business.
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
November 10 2011 04:42 GMT
#1350
On November 09 2011 03:05 Hirmu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8vboPJhIg&list=FLjjnNSRDjs9cMWbI7loTrwg&index=6&feature=plpp_video
Highlights of his afreeca play, really cool video! 6:45 PIMP move

Soooooo good. Lurker egg was fucking brilliant.
#TeamBuLba
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
November 10 2011 04:45 GMT
#1351
On November 10 2011 12:37 JiPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 12:03 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:43 Rostam wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


In what sport is there a lifetime ban for the first rules offense of any type?

BW and SC2. And that's how it should be and always will be, because it is VERY VERY easy to cheat and very difficult to stop (illegal betting and match-fixing) in this kind of business.

I think it's equally easy to cheat and equally hard to catch as in any other sport. And match fixing isn't even as bad as hacking. Hacking directly reduces the amount of money another player gets. Match fixing affects the amount a group of bookies gets (some of which may be players, but those who play to win and do win still get the most winnings).

Bottom line, since I have my stance and you all have yours and neither of them are going to change KeSPA's or GOM's policy regarding match fixing (which I assume isn't all that intensely codified, but if it is and someone has a source I'd accept that I'm wrong on that point), I think there's no problem for any of the past players to stream or compete in any event that will let them in. After all, if they repeat-offend 1) They'll just lose games and 2) THEN no one would ever trust them ever again.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 10 2011 04:55 GMT
#1352
On November 09 2011 22:42 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 22:40 konadora wrote:
On November 09 2011 22:29 Rojam wrote:
To be fair, there are pro sc2 players, who were cheating in bw and got caught. I won't drop any names, but they've gotten a second chance as well.

what? name me some, i'm interested


I'm pretty sure he means people who map-hacked or abused something. You should know these foreign players who did so.

nah sorry.. i don't read foreign news :<

but if they are caught, why are they allowed to play again?
POGGERS
Forester
Profile Joined September 2010
United States116 Posts
November 10 2011 05:24 GMT
#1353
Holy shitzu batman, those muta splits O.O I don't even care if he was involved in match-fixing, get this man in a booth!

Seriously, what happened to second chances? NFL quarterbacks get away with come crazy stuff and still play (ALA Vick and i think Brady? whoever was sexting and got caught, idk :/ ), albeit not something on the scale of match-fixing. I never followed pro-BW, but all the highlights i've seen of this guy are just amazing, i would love to see him in SC2 or BW once again. Kid's got skillz

On a somewhat related note, I never realized all the innovative little stuff u could do in BW as opposed to SC2. I'm still gonna play mainly SC2, but I think Browder and his crew REALLY need to sit down and take extensive notes on videos like this before they start designing expansions...
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 05:33:17
November 10 2011 05:27 GMT
#1354
On November 10 2011 13:55 konadora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 22:42 Grettin wrote:
On November 09 2011 22:40 konadora wrote:
On November 09 2011 22:29 Rojam wrote:
To be fair, there are pro sc2 players, who were cheating in bw and got caught. I won't drop any names, but they've gotten a second chance as well.

what? name me some, i'm interested


I'm pretty sure he means people who map-hacked or abused something. You should know these foreign players who did so.

nah sorry.. i don't read foreign news :<

but if they are caught, why are they allowed to play again?


Hard to say. All the players i can think of who did something like this are (or were) in a pretty respectable/big team(still in SC2). So i guess they have been forgiven. But IMO what they did isn't nowhere near as bad as what Savior and co did.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 05:59:46
November 10 2011 05:44 GMT
#1355
On November 10 2011 12:03 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 11:43 Rostam wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


The difference in competition between proleague and fish or wherever he's playing those games is a little different.

I didn't say for match fixing. I meant a system with penalties for rules transgressions in general. And because there is no precedent for this, they'd have to make up their own rules. In what sport is there a lifetime ban for the first rules offense of any type?


MLB, as I just linked a page or two ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose#Permanent_ineligibility

And apparently, English football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_betting_scandal_of_1964

And German football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga_scandal_(2005)

And South Korean football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_South_Korean_football_betting_scandal
BW forever || Thall
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 10 2011 06:51 GMT
#1356
Man, videos like this make me so sad I wasn't here to see savior back at the height of his starcraft reign. Truly a master strategist and technician.

Lurker egg mine drag thing was absurd! And some pretty sick blooming thrown in for good measure.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 08:02:43
November 10 2011 08:02 GMT
#1357
On November 10 2011 14:44 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 12:03 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:43 Rostam wrote:
On November 10 2011 11:24 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:42 JiPrime wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:58 Ancestral wrote:
On November 10 2011 04:14 JiPrime wrote:
마빡이새키덜 여기서도 설치냐 ㅅㅂ
/rage
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
You are talking about wishing to let a scoundrel -who single-handedly almost killed the successful BW E-sports scene with his insatiable desire for luxury items- to ruin another healthy growing SC2 E-sports scene.
This is the person the cemented the stupid idea that video games are nothing but harmful to the Korean society, especially among the older people who were starting to accept it as it is: a healthy competition with honor and pride.
Remember this?
[image loading]
I shed many tears when I saw this.
P.S. And Ivan Basso didn't cause THIS much harm to the sports he played in, even with his level of faggotry.

I won't argue Savior et. al. tarnished the image. But do say he "almost single-handedly killed the successful BW E-sports scene" is ridiculous. It was already on the decline, already being downsized. Bad world economy, a commercially successful sequel (I know it hasn't been a runaway success in Korea), and the fact that it's getting old.

And I am squarely on the side of BW. Just being a realist, not an emotional zealot who thinks the scene would be thriving without the scandal.


The fact that he was the one the most popular bonjwa of all time made the damage worst to the point it can't be recovered.
And you can't deny that he accelerated the process of the scene dying. I'm not blaming on Maregi for the lackluster success of SC2 in Korea, btw.

I agree with your main idea. If he came back, he would always be the one looking for redemption, and he wouldn't find it, because he's bad compared to modern pros. He would never be very famous again, and he would serve as an example. But I think they should spare themselves future credibility and make a rule book about transgressions and punishments. The scene is young so not everything is together, but my opinion is that it should mirror sports leagues. Because the level of competition is the same and the spirit is the same. Three chances. First, two year ban. Then, eight year (essentially life) ban from competition. Then lifetime.


Which sport gives a player three chances for match fixing?

On November 10 2011 10:59 Talent.L wrote:
holyshit, that Afreeca highlight video...i gotta say... i have never seen him pull any of those moves in proleague -_- i feel trolled.


The difference in competition between proleague and fish or wherever he's playing those games is a little different.

I didn't say for match fixing. I meant a system with penalties for rules transgressions in general. And because there is no precedent for this, they'd have to make up their own rules. In what sport is there a lifetime ban for the first rules offense of any type?


MLB, as I just linked a page or two ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose#Permanent_ineligibility

And apparently, English football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_betting_scandal_of_1964

And German football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga_scandal_(2005)

And South Korean football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_South_Korean_football_betting_scandal

1) Touche, you set a decent precedent.
2) The scale of these things is huge (2,000,000 for the German one?) and hence they are major criminal activities as well.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
November 10 2011 08:09 GMT
#1358
On November 10 2011 14:24 Forester wrote:
Holy shitzu batman, those muta splits O.O I don't even care if he was involved in match-fixing, get this man in a booth!

Seriously, what happened to second chances? NFL quarterbacks get away with come crazy stuff and still play (ALA Vick and i think Brady? whoever was sexting and got caught, idk :/ ), albeit not something on the scale of match-fixing. I never followed pro-BW, but all the highlights i've seen of this guy are just amazing, i would love to see him in SC2 or BW once again. Kid's got skillz

On a somewhat related note, I never realized all the innovative little stuff u could do in BW as opposed to SC2. I'm still gonna play mainly SC2, but I think Browder and his crew REALLY need to sit down and take extensive notes on videos like this before they start designing expansions...

match fixing is really serious, its usually criminal and has serious consequences on the integrity of players, not to mention unsportsmanlike. AND he was a facilitator of it, getting other people involved
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
November 10 2011 09:54 GMT
#1359
The Hydralisk mutation to Lurker Egg to absorb the damage was absolutely insane.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 10:18:33
November 10 2011 10:12 GMT
#1360
as someone who's followed bw esports scene in korea from quite early on, and being the most passionate savior fan ever, i say this:

savior is a scumbag as a human, because why? he's never apologised. he played the main role, he was the reason why the match-fixing started. what rotinegg says sums up exactly how i feel about savior's actions


On November 10 2011 10:28 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 09:11 mapthesoul wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:39 rotinegg wrote:
On November 10 2011 07:31 HFL wrote:
Compared to the other match fixers, Savior didn't really have a big part in it. Yes he was a broker, which in Korea some people think it's even worse than actual match fixing. The punishments that were given to Savior were not nearly as severe as the others like Hwasin's and Justin's. The whole scandal entirely brought down BW, not just Savior, he didn't play as big of a part as some people may think. Although the actions he did were still bad and probably unforgivable for most people, I think he should be given a chance to relieve his image.

justin played just as big of a role; the only two progamers that were punished were infact savior and justin. savior never apologized, unlike the others who did, and instead went into hiding. then he started streaming BW to make money, and that's what makes him a scumbag, while the others we can say 'it was a lapse of judgement.'

edit: this is a sensitive issue in the BW scene, so please dont throw around arbitrary statements as if they were facts. hwasin was never punished. I had to double check just to make sure: wiki

How does streaming make him a douchebag? If you're gonna be angry at anyone it should be the viewers who give him money.

i'm pretty upset that people would give him money for streaming, but to each his own, that's not a criminal act.

Esports didn't exist in korea 15 years ago. The entire scene was pioneered from nothing by people who were truly passionate about the game. It was a little niche, a safe haven for those who legitimately loved the game, and wanted to compete/watch others compete. Savior's act of douchebaggery (ie match fixing) was the first big scandal in the scene, and it did massive damage to the still-developing BW scene. The scandal tarnished the image that the scene projects, especially to the older population in Korea, who had never been keen on if the idea of their kids getting heavily involved in video games. To the predecessors who helped and watched the scene develop, Savior is an ungrateful prick who milked the cow and tipped it over when he had gotten what he wanted. To run away without a single apology, and then come back and try to make money by streaming BW is like taking a dump on that cow. I dunno at least that's how I feel.

Of course we all make mistakes in life, small and big, but how you handle it after you make that mistake is what shows your true character. What Savior is doing can hardly be called 'owning up'. Truly disappointed as an ex-fan of his.


if at the very least, he had crawled out to apologise, if he had admitted his wrong-doings to his coach, teammates, fellow players and fans, the hate on TL wouldn't be to this extent. why do you think players like hwasin and upmagic get less hate than savior? they apologised. they realised their wrong-doings and admitted it. savior didn't. he didn't take up responsibility, and that is what makes me mad at him as a person.

and i still can't believe people actually feel that he deserves a second chance. do you think even if kespa allows it, the fans and staff (especially OGN commentators, they were incredibly upset about it, watch it here



will allow it? i would never ever want to see his face appear back on a field of profession that he personally tarnished. the innocence and image that the bw scene had, the key factor that attracted so many youngsters and adults alike, was shattered. it is being re-established, yes, and it's going fine, but if this blasphemer was to be back and go like "sup guys, nothing happened", there will be hell. there is a fine line to draw when giving second chances. it's not about money, but it's about trust and image and other intangible factors.

as a player though, that is totally another story.
POGGERS
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
ProTech138
ViBE108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14760
Artosis 548
PianO 18
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever522
canceldota127
NeuroSwarm110
League of Legends
Doublelift3927
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1499
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD39
AZ_Axe18
Other Games
summit1g6591
FrodaN1051
shahzam541
C9.Mang0381
Mew2King29
fpsfer 1
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• RyuSc2 27
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1152
• Shiphtur597
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1m
CranKy Ducklings0
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.