• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8589 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 38

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 54 Next
Mantraz
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway119 Posts
July 19 2011 10:29 GMT
#741
I'm considering buying the tt esports meka g1, as it seems to be the only mechanical keyboard that fits my criterias:
Palm rest
Full size
Large spacebar/a normal layout.

I can't find this keyboard with a norwegian layout tho, I know it exists however :p any tips?
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
July 19 2011 13:40 GMT
#742
On July 18 2011 22:27 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 18:54 althaz wrote:
I just got a Das Keyboard Professional Silent (with Cherry MX Brown switches) and it is AMAZING to both type and game on. My forcefields are 1000% better (this may be partially due to the awesomeness of my new keyboard and partially due to the 'F' key not actually working all the time on my old one ). I love that I can feel pretty much just when the key is actually pressed, unlike my old keyboard.

I do however miss the volume buttons on the side of the keyboard as I currently have my computer plugged through my guitar amp and if I unplug my headphones I need to drastically dial down the sound so as not deafen' my mrs/wake my daughter.


I set my F11 and F12 to volume down and up on my filco with SharpKeys, this made my Filco far more usable.


Amazing advice my friend. Not that I actually want to remap my F11/F12 (although that was why I googled SharpKeys in the first place as that's not a bad option) buttons but when I googled it the first link lead me to a program called "XMouse Button Control" which let's me use the superfluous buttons on my mouse (seriously what is the point of the back/forward buttons by my thumb, I have a hand resting on the keyboard anyways and alt+← works fine for back thank-you) for volume adjustment .
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
July 19 2011 21:48 GMT
#743
Damn, are all mechanical keyboards 100 euro+? I really don't know much about keyboards but I love the clacky sound the mechanical keyboards, don't need any fancy glow in the dark, bacon grilling functions or so, is there anything for like 50 euro?
no dude, the question
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
July 19 2011 21:58 GMT
#744
Nothing that would really be worth it. Especially with VAT you're looking at more than that. You're better off just saving for a bit and then buying a decent one. Unless you destroy it somehow, you won't be buying another one for the next couple of years anyway, unless you want to.
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
July 19 2011 22:09 GMT
#745
On July 20 2011 06:58 DJFaqU wrote:
Nothing that would really be worth it. Especially with VAT you're looking at more than that. You're better off just saving for a bit and then buying a decent one. Unless you destroy it somehow, you won't be buying another one for the next couple of years anyway, unless you want to.

Haha alright, thank you.
no dude, the question
Divergence
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada363 Posts
July 20 2011 00:33 GMT
#746
So just received my Das Keyboard Silent with Cherry MX Browns, and wow it is amazing. The keyboard is not obnoxiously loud, but has enough sound to really give it some "presence", and typing and gaming on it feels amazing. I am obsessed with the feel of this thing. I've been playing TypeRacer for the last hour.

To anyone in Canada looking for a good MX Brown keyboard, check out DirectCanada. I found this one at ~$110 there and shipping was free. I did a lot of time searching for a good MX Brown keyboards in Canada and this was the best deal I could find. Every other choice of keyboard (such as Zowie Celeritas from Amazon US, or Leopold from elitekeyboards) involved paying expensive international shipping (~$30) for a similarly priced keyboard.
MacroZerg
Profile Joined July 2011
Greece40 Posts
July 20 2011 05:51 GMT
#747
Filco Majestouch BLACK MX Cherry
I wonder why ppl buy BLUE MX Cherry to play games... To show off @ people? Its not suitable for gaming... its for Typing!
For Teh Swarm !
mardi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1164 Posts
July 20 2011 06:00 GMT
#748
On July 20 2011 14:51 MacroZerg wrote:
Filco Majestouch BLACK MX Cherry
I wonder why ppl buy BLUE MX Cherry to play games... To show off @ people? Its not suitable for gaming... its for Typing!


I believe the blues actually have a lower actuation weight and they are also easier on your fingers due to not being completely linear.

Anyways, I'm planning on adding some O-Rings to my Filco Browns to reduce the noise. Gonna post back here with my results. Might be a cheaper (and maybe better) alternative to the soft and firm pads sold by elite keyboards.
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 06:26:54
July 20 2011 06:24 GMT
#749
Im loving my 'new' 1990 IBM model M (in great condition from original owner). Got it for $10 which was just mind-blowing, I wanted to leave so fast in case he changed his mind. But he said he was happy someone will enjoy it, indeed I am.

The precise feel , control and responsiveness is awesome. It will last another 20 years I imagine by the way its built.
*burp*
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 06:39:14
July 20 2011 06:27 GMT
#750
double post
*burp*
Hammertime
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia77 Posts
July 20 2011 06:54 GMT
#751
Das Model S Ultimate (the one with the Cherry Blues and blank keycaps) here. Got it recently and loving the feel of the thing, I think it's just fine for SC2. It's also awesome for typing, which helps out since I'm guessing a lot of people here have schoolwork and other typing-related activities to do on top of gaming.

One word of warning, though, you'll probably need to wipe the thing down after every use. Shiny plastic surfaces = fingerprints.
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
July 20 2011 06:59 GMT
#752
On July 20 2011 06:48 ZaaaaaM wrote:
Damn, are all mechanical keyboards 100 euro+? I really don't know much about keyboards but I love the clacky sound the mechanical keyboards, don't need any fancy glow in the dark, bacon grilling functions or so, is there anything for like 50 euro?

I you LOVE the clicky sound and want a budget/best for the buck mechanical keyboard, go get a razer blackwidow, is amazing for about 70 euros.
Chicken gank op
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 20 2011 07:31 GMT
#753
On July 20 2011 14:51 MacroZerg wrote:
Filco Majestouch BLACK MX Cherry
I wonder why ppl buy BLUE MX Cherry to play games... To show off @ people? Its not suitable for gaming... its for Typing!


I like the fact that my blues take no weight to actuate. And they actuate halfway down. I like that.

On July 19 2011 18:26 ryan1894 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 15:38 Dakk wrote:
On January 15 2011 01:27 turamn wrote:
I have been looking to get a mechanical keyboard for quite a while now. Unfortunately, I am literally incapable of locating a retail outlet that has a Steelseries G7 available. Newegg, Best Buy.com, Xoxide, Tiger Direct, Amazon, none of them have any.

I am leery of buying the G6v2 as it does not have a hand rest. Do any of you TL'ers have any recommendations for alternatives to the G7? I have seen the Razer equivalent, but I have been skeptical, seeing my past Razer experience has been pretty miserable with defective products and the like. Price isn't really a concern, as long as it isn't astronomically expensive.

Any advice/input would be appreciated.

I've got the Razer equavilent and i am very much pleased with it. I recommend it fully. The only thing is that if you are concerned about disrupting people on different LANs this is not the keyboard for you since it has a very loud, clicky noise.


The keycaps will wear out within 6 months of heavy use, 1 year of medium use.

Filco keycaps will go shiny in about 6 months of heavy use

Leopold keycaps will not go shiny


My blackwidow is not the tinies bit worn off after a few months of heavy use(7 or so)
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
July 20 2011 09:23 GMT
#754
On July 18 2011 22:48 GTR wrote:
just a tip for aussie's, if anyone wants a (rare) cherry red keyboard, pccasegear have just started stocking up on leopold fc500r's for $109.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=17950


Thanks for the heads up, just came back from pccasegear.

Anyone interested in taking a filco blue tenkeyless off my hands?
Rillanon.au
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
July 20 2011 10:59 GMT
#755
On July 20 2011 15:59 Belha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 06:48 ZaaaaaM wrote:
Damn, are all mechanical keyboards 100 euro+? I really don't know much about keyboards but I love the clacky sound the mechanical keyboards, don't need any fancy glow in the dark, bacon grilling functions or so, is there anything for like 50 euro?

I you LOVE the clicky sound and want a budget/best for the buck mechanical keyboard, go get a razer blackwidow, is amazing for about 70 euros.

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna check it out in the store.
no dude, the question
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
July 20 2011 13:15 GMT
#756
On July 19 2011 19:29 Mantraz wrote:
I'm considering buying the tt esports meka g1, as it seems to be the only mechanical keyboard that fits my criterias:
Palm rest
Full size
Large spacebar/a normal layout.

I can't find this keyboard with a norwegian layout tho, I know it exists however :p any tips?


http://www.maxfps.no/product_view.aspx?productid=4155

It says nordic layout on the page, tho it's not in stock atm.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
July 22 2011 16:48 GMT
#757
the das keyboard is on sale right now as well:
http://www.jr.com/das/pe/DKP_DASK3PROMS1/?JRSource=linkshare&SiteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-sQ*hDxwgtKYRjHmu0PATww
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 22 2011 16:54 GMT
#758
On July 20 2011 14:51 MacroZerg wrote:
Filco Majestouch BLACK MX Cherry
I wonder why ppl buy BLUE MX Cherry to play games... To show off @ people? Its not suitable for gaming... its for Typing!


Previously in this article SlayerS_'Boxer' was using a Filco with Cherry MX Blues. But not anymore, and I think a mechanical keyboard overall is superior to other model boards regardless of switches.
Support your esport!
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 17:41:55
July 22 2011 17:41 GMT
#759
The Blackwidow is on sale over here (59.99), so I pulled the trigger.
The way it looks is odd, but it was either the BW or the MEKA (i-rocks 6230 terribad layout w/blacks).

All I can say is, I love the feel and sound of Blues. I was thinking for going with blacks, but after hearing the keys and feeling them, oh man. So good.

People are going to hate me cause I bottom out all the time, damn scissor switches on my lappy made me a hard hitter.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
July 22 2011 19:47 GMT
#760
well its just that the best keyboard on paper is simply not whats the most popular. it doesnt really make sense, but like in sc1, essentially a really bad keyboard was the most popular one that every single pro used (samsung qsenn). honestly it really wasnt that amazing but it was popular due to its simplicity and because of its usage among the pros.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE125
CosmosSc2 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 610
Artosis 519
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever632
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5786
Other Games
summit1g7834
JimRising 559
shahzam557
C9.Mang0278
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr47
ZombieGrub31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen246
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
41m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 41m
Stellar Fest
13h 41m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.