• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10221 users

[Champion] Kassadin - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
November 04 2010 19:00 GMT
#41
adaa... daa .. aaa.. BRITZCRANKKKK ! ! !
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
November 04 2010 19:25 GMT
#42
I don't get it... if you're going to post a guide, you're going to get criticism. You're allowed to take smite for all I care and people are allowed to say that it sucks or ghost/cleanse/flash is better or whatever.
-Kato-
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 20:49:38
November 04 2010 20:45 GMT
#43
On November 05 2010 02:30 Pandonetho wrote:

So what you're saying is... we should all be elites and post nothing but guides that are used by pros. Oh in which case how many different builds could we see in this thread? One? Two? The Archangels build is not my invention. Neither is taking smite.

Since you're all so inclined, you may as well all call me a noob. But guess what, this build works. Just check my profile in LoL (Pandonetho) And you'll see that I'm hardly a feeder in all the ranked games I've played as Kass.



Yes, I actually would like to see only the agreed to be optimal build for that champion in the OP of all champion topics, with all its variations if you want, but let the OP be the best guide possible for that champion.

Everyone can then use it as they like and obviously divert from it, according to their playstyle.

When I check Leaguecraft for a guide, I look at the top rated ones and even then I can see they are not optimal, and thats when I come to TL and ask for a quick build, because it's what TL is for, "progaming", I want the best possible use of that champion. Of course you can be great with your build, but we shouldn't let it be the one in the OP, which is the one newbies will read first.

I propose that all OP of champions be made by one of the accepted gosus of the TL community, or if someone opens with an actual optimal build, let it stay there. Or just edited.

Thoughts?
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 04 2010 21:06 GMT
#44
Honestly, put southlight's post in a link at the top, put an elo disclaimer (i'm xxxx elo and this works for me) and im ok with it. Southlight is a recognized kass player at high elo and i want his post at least mentioned in the op. Any other guides, add links for them and have descriptions for them as well (keep it short and sweet). I said this earlier, as long as the OP has some decent formatting and has links to significant discussion, i dont care whatever else is in it, it could be garbage for all i care.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 22:29:28
November 04 2010 22:10 GMT
#45
Meh, in hindsight, this comment wouldn't have changed anything for the better.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 22:17:42
November 04 2010 22:16 GMT
#46
this thread is a trainwreck. to the OP. people dont really have a problem with you running whatever fits your style. the issue is that when you write a guide that represents TL to new LoL players, they want it to be something that is optimal.

that being said kass' second summoner spell is definitely a preference thing. i get ghost because the meta is so bloated with ghosts, it feels bad to not have one for chases etc. but teleport could be good for some map control. and there arent any extremely necessary reasons to take a certain second summoner spell.
although taking smite purely for farm is very meh... smite is best used for jungling because its important when getting the super neutral creeps. and just hitting the cannon minion is a very suboptimal use of a summoner skill slot.

and a final note. dont take stuff on the internet so seriously. itll make you a much happier person.
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
November 04 2010 23:05 GMT
#47
Not really sure why OP insists on fervently defending obvious deficiencies in his game. Sure, it may work for you at 1300 elo, but maybe if you took advice from the more experienced players you'd have something that works at a higher elo?
Redlol
Profile Joined June 2010
United States181 Posts
November 04 2010 23:21 GMT
#48
On November 04 2010 16:59 Southlight wrote:

Playing him

He's a poking initiating nuking snarebot, that can also get anywhere he wants to ward (pretty safe warding) and can push lanes/towers like a boss. There's almost nothing you can't do with Kassadin, so this is entirely your playstyle. I play him as a tanky initiating poking snarebot, generally de-prioritizing actual damage output (hence not getting ZRing as fast as people like GJ) - most people don't, they play him like this whonky terrible-burst (only two nukes) nuking vulture but hey, whatever floats your boat as long as it works.


I specifically wanted to emphasize this part of the post, there are a lot of things you can do with Kassadin, and his game is pretty dependent on staying alive until 6 while last hitting a good amount. I've been playing Kassadin quite a bit for a while now, and his versatility is amazing.

About the only constant I've seen across my games, is that in almost every situation I will go Catalyst first, and then decide what to build next - RoA, Zhonyas, Mejais; there are situations where each and every Kassadin build can work very well. In the several months I have spent learning Kassadin, I still don't feel like I have him mastered, learning how to last hit effectively with him can be a huge pain - I think I'll try a few games with a Shield opener like Utahime was talking about, I almost exclusively open Ring and will end up buying 2 or 3 occasionally depending on the team, but a single Shield plus an earlier point in W with a Q heavy playstyle might work out really well in some of those tougher lanes.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
November 04 2010 23:41 GMT
#49
DOGKaiser gets lichbane on Kass, any words on that?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 04 2010 23:42 GMT
#50
He plays closer to opponents, I tend to dance 1vX with Kassadin, so Lichbane's proc ends up being more of a luxury.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
November 05 2010 02:40 GMT
#51
I changed the OP. The OP himself requested it and the general populace seems to agree so whatever.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
November 05 2010 06:02 GMT
#52
should have been warned/banned for self-martyring, one of the most smugly narcissistic things one can do on the internet
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 05 2010 06:12 GMT
#53
Sort of unfortunate that it was Kassadin the OP chose. Were it most other champs, people probably wouldn't have jumped on him so fast. Of course, TL has Utahime as "Number 1 Kass" so a Kassadin thread that's not started by Southlight just attracts a bunch of attention.
Moderator
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
November 05 2010 06:15 GMT
#54
ya, thats specifically why i chose urgot, not many ppl give 2 shits about him, so even if i post complete bullcrap, no1's gonna flame me for it. It was more of a model to show what i think a good op looks like (with help from ppl)
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 05 2010 06:21 GMT
#55
uta what do you think about flash ignite

personally i dislike cleanse on any hero now unless it's a counter pick, e.g. they have ashe/sion/pantheon or something gay like that. i like flash because it's just so useful for all kinds of situations and ignite is cool on kass since he snowballs so hard so a firstblood is worth a summoner skill slot imo.

but i play more of a hardcore ap kass style and i just really care about doing as much damage as possible

and i copied dogkaisers mercury catalyst zhonya void staff build lol, #1 build
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 05 2010 06:48 GMT
#56
I think it's really playstyle dependant ;/ As people who've seen me play Kass can attest, I play extremely, extremely aggressive. I'm usually first one in, last one out. When you Rift into range to snare half their team, it's inevitable you'll get at least one CC fired at you... unless the other team has a terrible team comp. That's what my Cleanse is for... and I've been known to get frustrated even at a single (!) Rammus. I've tried running other stuff but I just keep coming back to it.

With regards to Flash... well, I think I made my stance on it clear in my short "guide." I don't have a recommendation of either: I prefer Ghost because of its distance-covered and duration, many prefer Flash because it's better vs. ranged DPS.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 05 2010 06:53 GMT
#57
On November 05 2010 15:12 TheYango wrote:
Sort of unfortunate that it was Kassadin the OP chose. Were it most other champs, people probably wouldn't have jumped on him so fast. Of course, TL has Utahime as "Number 1 Kass" so a Kassadin thread that's not started by Southlight just attracts a bunch of attention.


For whatever it's worth, I disagree. Were he to have made an Annie, Morg, Ryze, etc. guide with Smite, he'd have received the same "O_o LOL" sort of response. I think the only thing that made things become a clusterfuck was that after I made my relatively harmless (I hope? I didn't inject much emotion into it except for the first sentence) response guide I felt like he became super defensive about his selection of Smite as a summoner spell, and became increasingly hostile and martyr-like, even through relatively rational responses like NeoIllusion's.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
November 05 2010 06:55 GMT
#58
On November 05 2010 15:53 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 15:12 TheYango wrote:
Sort of unfortunate that it was Kassadin the OP chose. Were it most other champs, people probably wouldn't have jumped on him so fast. Of course, TL has Utahime as "Number 1 Kass" so a Kassadin thread that's not started by Southlight just attracts a bunch of attention.


For whatever it's worth, I disagree. Were he to have made an Annie, Morg, Ryze, etc. guide with Smite, he'd have received the same "O_o LOL" sort of response. I think the only thing that made things become a clusterfuck was that after I made my relatively harmless (I hope? I didn't inject much emotion into it except for the first sentence) response guide I felt like he became super defensive about his selection of Smite as a summoner spell, and became increasingly hostile and martyr-like, even through relatively rational responses like NeoIllusion's.


I think you owe the OP an apology for stealing his smite idea, though.

Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 05 2010 06:57 GMT
#59
Hey I'm still uploading

I upped the ante in that game and took Smite/Rally to be even more hilarious, and went DPS Kass to boot :D
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 05 2010 07:05 GMT
#60
On November 05 2010 15:53 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 15:12 TheYango wrote:
Sort of unfortunate that it was Kassadin the OP chose. Were it most other champs, people probably wouldn't have jumped on him so fast. Of course, TL has Utahime as "Number 1 Kass" so a Kassadin thread that's not started by Southlight just attracts a bunch of attention.


For whatever it's worth, I disagree. Were he to have made an Annie, Morg, Ryze, etc. guide with Smite, he'd have received the same "O_o LOL" sort of response. I think the only thing that made things become a clusterfuck was that after I made my relatively harmless (I hope? I didn't inject much emotion into it except for the first sentence) response guide I felt like he became super defensive about his selection of Smite as a summoner spell, and became increasingly hostile and martyr-like, even through relatively rational responses like NeoIllusion's.

Morg/Annie maybe. I don't think a Ryze thread would get enough attention, period.

Plus, with Ryze, he could always fall back on the excuse of "troll spells for a troll champ".
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1397
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 234
MaxPax 93
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64008
Calm 3911
Shuttle 2965
Bisu 1914
FanTaSy 1543
EffOrt 427
Hyuk 415
Stork 397
firebathero 322
Mini 285
[ Show more ]
Barracks 249
Soma 237
Rush 234
Light 210
ZerO 173
Zeus 167
Soulkey 153
Last 133
Snow 133
actioN 125
Killer 72
Dewaltoss 63
Sea.KH 63
hero 58
Mong 57
Pusan 51
JYJ 50
Shinee 43
Hyun 40
Free 36
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 32
NotJumperer 31
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Aegong 24
Sharp 22
sorry 19
yabsab 17
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5776
Dendi876
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1134
kRYSTAL_885
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko413
Other Games
gofns34931
singsing2135
B2W.Neo517
hiko334
crisheroes288
DeMusliM227
byalli187
Livibee154
Hui .121
Mew2King90
Liquid`VortiX57
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 58m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.