• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:59
CEST 06:59
KST 13:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9743 users

D Ranks Teamleague Season 6 - Page 36

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 Next All
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 19 2014 23:51 GMT
#701
No, you didn't read the qualifier
It's updated to and including Week 6. Week 7 follows Week 6 and is therefore not included.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 20 2014 02:59 GMT
#702
On September 20 2014 08:51 Falling wrote:
No, you didn't read the qualifier
It's updated to and including Week 6. Week 7 follows Week 6 and is therefore not included.

actually I did the first time lol but then forgot when I posted XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
floladriblere
Profile Joined August 2011
France85 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-21 12:37:24
September 21 2014 12:36 GMT
#703
On September 19 2014 05:06 Falling wrote:

Week 9 Takk vs AFK
??? vs L1ghtning on CB
??? vs floaldriblere on Mist



TAKK had no players to put on these maps ; I took w/o and I believe l1ghtning did the same.
boum su4ka!
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 21 2014 17:54 GMT
#704
On September 21 2014 21:36 floladriblere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2014 05:06 Falling wrote:

Week 9 Takk vs AFK
??? vs L1ghtning on CB
??? vs floaldriblere on Mist



TAKK had no players to put on these maps ; I took w/o and I believe l1ghtning did the same.

Ok, I guess that the 4th series with Takk decided by w.o.'s and the third where they were up in wins, and then lost due to w.o.'s. So I guess that's par for the course. That just leaves week 7 and 8.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-25 16:54:15
September 25 2014 16:53 GMT
#705
So what still needs to happen?

Do we have enough players still around to run round 2, or should it go to playoffs, or should we open it to see if more players will join?
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 25 2014 17:24 GMT
#706
I think regardless, Takk will need more active players.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
September 27 2014 01:36 GMT
#707
Well, I guess let's see what people have to say.

Poll: Should DRTL go to Round 2 or directly to playoffs?

Playoff! (11)
 
79%

Round2! (3)
 
21%

14 total votes

Your vote: Should DRTL go to Round 2 or directly to playoffs?

(Vote): Playoff!
(Vote): Round2!



EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
greenelve
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1392 Posts
October 14 2014 17:52 GMT
#708
So..its about time to make a new poll of when Playoff will start? :/
z0r.de for your daily madness /// Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow knows!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 16 2014 15:58 GMT
#709
Poll: When to start playoffs?

End of Most School Terms (Mid-December) (7)
 
70%

Start of November (3)
 
30%

10 total votes

Your vote: When to start playoffs?

(Vote): Start of November
(Vote): End of Most School Terms (Mid-December)

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
MinscandBoo
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
252 Posts
October 17 2014 03:27 GMT
#710
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.
Swords! Not words!
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
October 17 2014 04:19 GMT
#711
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 18 2014 15:24 GMT
#712
On October 17 2014 13:19 pebble444 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...


There is, and maybe there won't be enough but let's see. There does sadly seem to be less new blood these days.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
October 18 2014 17:08 GMT
#713
On October 19 2014 00:24 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 13:19 pebble444 wrote:
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...


There is, and maybe there won't be enough but let's see. There does sadly seem to be less new blood these days.
Well, yeah. Thats what happens when you only allow "true" D players Lol.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
DepressedOne
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States190 Posts
October 19 2014 02:17 GMT
#714
i remember the days when the C rank teamleague was still active. It's sad to see the D rank teamleague go too.
Me sad.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 19 2014 17:49 GMT
#715
On October 19 2014 02:08 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2014 00:24 L_Master wrote:
On October 17 2014 13:19 pebble444 wrote:
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...


There is, and maybe there won't be enough but let's see. There does sadly seem to be less new blood these days.
Well, yeah. Thats what happens when you only allow "true" D players Lol.


Can't say I agree. Up through at least season 3, and I'm pretty sure 4 as well there were more than enough true D guys for a league, and the first several DRTLs were absolutely true D leagues. There just doesn't seem to be as many new guys coming in to play, and over time many of the initial guys either ranked up or stopped playing very actively.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Biolunar
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany224 Posts
October 19 2014 18:07 GMT
#716
This season was fine, the huge break killed it though.
What is best? To crush the Zerg, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the Protoss.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
October 19 2014 21:27 GMT
#717
On October 20 2014 02:49 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2014 02:08 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On October 19 2014 00:24 L_Master wrote:
On October 17 2014 13:19 pebble444 wrote:
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...


There is, and maybe there won't be enough but let's see. There does sadly seem to be less new blood these days.
Well, yeah. Thats what happens when you only allow "true" D players Lol.


Can't say I agree. Up through at least season 3, and I'm pretty sure 4 as well there were more than enough true D guys for a league, and the first several DRTLs were absolutely true D leagues. There just doesn't seem to be as many new guys coming in to play, and over time many of the initial guys either ranked up or stopped playing very actively.


I think the problem is that the first seasons were true D leagues, but then as it went on the people who practiced and played the most for it eventually got to C- and whether or not they can hold it or not, they still got C-. I understand why you'd bar those people, but eventually everyone in DRTL will make it out of D/D+ given enough time to play as most of the newcomers who don't end up becoming C- themselves either don't have much time to play at all or don't have active opponents to practice with. I know if it wasn't for the help of the active players in DeSPA and people like Nina and Arcania I probably never would've gotten out of D.

The others like a lot of the people who signed up for this season just go inactive and leave the active people still in D/D+ and eligible to play, kind of stuck as they don't have anyone to play with in their teams or their opponents never show up which is really sad. Personally I think it'd be better to combine both D and CRTL since both of them seem to be struggling to find people (saying that I've not seen anything about a CRTL since I hit C- ages ago, sadly I haven't had much time to play recently myself )
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
October 20 2014 16:58 GMT
#718
I'm active
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-20 17:14:18
October 20 2014 17:12 GMT
#719
On October 20 2014 06:27 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2014 02:49 L_Master wrote:
On October 19 2014 02:08 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On October 19 2014 00:24 L_Master wrote:
On October 17 2014 13:19 pebble444 wrote:
On October 17 2014 12:27 MinscandBoo wrote:
I voted mid december but I don't really care... I'm not confident we'll have much participation for the playoffs regardless of when we hold them. I myself have barely touched the game since my last match.


feel the same way... there' s an empty feeling around here...


There is, and maybe there won't be enough but let's see. There does sadly seem to be less new blood these days.
Well, yeah. Thats what happens when you only allow "true" D players Lol.


Can't say I agree. Up through at least season 3, and I'm pretty sure 4 as well there were more than enough true D guys for a league, and the first several DRTLs were absolutely true D leagues. There just doesn't seem to be as many new guys coming in to play, and over time many of the initial guys either ranked up or stopped playing very actively.


I think the problem is that the first seasons were true D leagues, but then as it went on the people who practiced and played the most for it eventually got to C- and whether or not they can hold it or not, they still got C-. I understand why you'd bar those people, but eventually everyone in DRTL will make it out of D/D+ given enough time to play as most of the newcomers who don't end up becoming C- themselves either don't have much time to play at all or don't have active opponents to practice with. I know if it wasn't for the help of the active players in DeSPA and people like Nina and Arcania I probably never would've gotten out of D.

The others like a lot of the people who signed up for this season just go inactive and leave the active people still in D/D+ and eligible to play, kind of stuck as they don't have anyone to play with in their teams or their opponents never show up which is really sad. Personally I think it'd be better to combine both D and CRTL since both of them seem to be struggling to find people (saying that I've not seen anything about a CRTL since I hit C- ages ago, sadly I haven't had much time to play recently myself )


Something to consider for sure, good thoughts. Might be some changes to next season to allow more players again (assuming I can find one or two people that can help me with the actual day to day running of the league), but perhaps in a manner that prevents say C- guys from getting matches up against guys that can't get to D+. I'll think about, and be open to, format ideas. Only downside to that is that it makes for more work, and definitely makes it harder to get in games if someone doesn't show because you lose the ability to sub in whoever.

Either way, let's plan on playoffs over break and see what happens. I'm going to say playoffs start December 20th. Same time as usual. Finals on January 3rd. Worst case is we don't get much participation and this season ends up being a partial wash; for which I'm largely to blame and apologize for not having my shit together and stuff in place in the event I got really busy.




EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 20 2014 17:13 GMT
#720
Now that does leave us with some downtime of about 2 months, so I was thinking of having a short 4-5 week for fun league allowing C- guys to give people some BW to think about and get back to playing. Interest?
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings126
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 212
hero 200
sorry 42
Mind 27
Terrorterran 22
Bale 17
ZergMaN 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1017
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 408
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde195
RuFF_SC2136
ArmadaUGS27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• Hupsaiya 119
• practicex 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1129
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 1m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.