• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:41
CEST 22:41
KST 05:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8368 users

D Ranks Teamleague - Page 36

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
February 07 2012 15:51 GMT
#701
On February 08 2012 00:14 Skeggaba wrote:
Holy cowboy this is going to be exciting!!


Fyeah! So excited for this.
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
February 07 2012 16:08 GMT
#702
I think team 3 is a lot more scary than people take them for
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 16:25:10
February 07 2012 16:23 GMT
#703
Interesting how the common theory is that PvT is hugely in favor of P at the low levels, yet we see almost exactly 50% in that matchup over 40 games in this league.

Edit: though it does seem to be true that protoss is by far the most played race at lower levels, among foreigners at least.

When is the finals cast?
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
February 07 2012 16:36 GMT
#704
We´re the definate underdogs here (team 3 that is). If we win it would be a huge upset. Just look at the poll above!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
February 07 2012 16:53 GMT
#705
Team 3 did beat team 7 before. Team 3 has a small bit focused team and the skill of their players seems really high as they 3-0 ed team 2 in the semis while team 7 barely made it in. If anything I think team 7 are the underdogs
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 18:03:53
February 07 2012 18:03 GMT
#706
Huh... Honestly don't know who's going to win, team's are about even in terms of top tier players of this league, though team 7 has more depth, there's no arguing that... However, that only applies if we get into sets 4-5... Even then, not so much if it were Bo7, Team 7 would be a sure win, but as it is, slightly favored... but who knows.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
February 07 2012 18:11 GMT
#707
Does team 7 really have more depth? Looking at this i feel like Team 3 is like KT and team 7 is like CJ. It is a bo5 and team 3's top 3 looks strong and you only need 3 wins.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 20:07:09
February 07 2012 20:06 GMT
#708
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
February 07 2012 20:35 GMT
#709
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
February 07 2012 20:59 GMT
#710
On February 08 2012 05:35 Essbee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.

All the more reason to be nervous if its a close CW...
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
February 07 2012 21:09 GMT
#711
On February 08 2012 05:59 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 05:35 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.

All the more reason to be nervous if its a close CW...


Well personally I don't get that much nervous since Brood War is fun and having a great CW is all about fun imo... FUN FUN FUN

But yeah it's different for each individuals. But we must keep in mind that if this gets casted, it's still a D level competition so mistakes are more than likely to happen so no one should take it personally and start to shake whenever something like this happens.
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
February 07 2012 21:50 GMT
#712
Yea same for me, I would be a little nervous but it will be fun regardless.
If you're almost C- then i'll play more underdog cards.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
February 07 2012 22:23 GMT
#713
A couple days ago L_Master said that he would definetely cast it. I think the series will be pretty close, I've been pretty happy with the team parity when everyone shows up.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
February 07 2012 22:27 GMT
#714
On February 08 2012 06:09 Essbee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 05:59 Eywa- wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:35 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.

All the more reason to be nervous if its a close CW...


Well personally I don't get that much nervous since Brood War is fun and having a great CW is all about fun imo... FUN FUN FUN

But yeah it's different for each individuals. But we must keep in mind that if this gets casted, it's still a D level competition so mistakes are more than likely to happen so no one should take it personally and start to shake whenever something like this happens.

Lucky for me I play better when I have that nervousness/adrenaline.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
February 07 2012 22:53 GMT
#715
I was casted by L_master like week 3, got raped out of my clothes. Doesnt make sense to be nervous but that is what happened. Anyways, been getting some quality coaching from a swedish b- dude so i hope ill do okay, or at least not as bad as i do against him (he rapes me in every match up)
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Cr4zyH0r5e
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Peru1308 Posts
February 07 2012 23:08 GMT
#716
On February 08 2012 07:53 Skeggaba wrote:
I was casted by L_master like week 3, got raped out of my clothes. Doesnt make sense to be nervous but that is what happened. Anyways, been getting some quality coaching from a swedish b- dude so i hope ill do okay, or at least not as bad as i do against him (he rapes me in every match up)


I don't know dude. You were a win away from C- on week 3 as well But you're in the finals so you've proven yourself already.

Good luck! ^_^
Diamond 4 Jungle/Support - http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyh0r5e/c/3051057 Zyra support 101
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
February 08 2012 00:07 GMT
#717
On February 08 2012 08:08 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 07:53 Skeggaba wrote:
I was casted by L_master like week 3, got raped out of my clothes. Doesnt make sense to be nervous but that is what happened. Anyways, been getting some quality coaching from a swedish b- dude so i hope ill do okay, or at least not as bad as i do against him (he rapes me in every match up)


I don't know dude. You were a win away from C- on week 3 as well But you're in the finals so you've proven yourself already.

Good luck! ^_^


Very true, i just cant seem to reach the yellows yet...
(btw if you want to help me practice please hit me up on iccup, i need all the help i can get^^)
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 04:28:05
February 08 2012 04:25 GMT
#718
On February 08 2012 07:27 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 06:09 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:59 Eywa- wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:35 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.

All the more reason to be nervous if its a close CW...


Well personally I don't get that much nervous since Brood War is fun and having a great CW is all about fun imo... FUN FUN FUN

But yeah it's different for each individuals. But we must keep in mind that if this gets casted, it's still a D level competition so mistakes are more than likely to happen so no one should take it personally and start to shake whenever something like this happens.

Lucky for me I play better when I have that nervousness/adrenaline.


Same for me, but mainly because I'm not nervous at all and the other guy is, giving me an advantage I think. Sometimes I say I'm nervous at live local tourneys (SC2) coz its fun to hype it up with friends, but its nothing like playing a musical instrument in front of a crowd or anything like that.

I think Jaedong said it best "what's the point?". There's no point being nervous, especially when there's no money on the line.

First and really only time I was ever really nervous, was playing a game against G5 on his stream. Mainly because I knew people would just see me get owned and somehow thought it would be a bad reflection on me if I didn't at least give him some competition (which I didn't) :D


On February 08 2012 09:07 Skeggaba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 08:08 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
On February 08 2012 07:53 Skeggaba wrote:
I was casted by L_master like week 3, got raped out of my clothes. Doesnt make sense to be nervous but that is what happened. Anyways, been getting some quality coaching from a swedish b- dude so i hope ill do okay, or at least not as bad as i do against him (he rapes me in every match up)


I don't know dude. You were a win away from C- on week 3 as well But you're in the finals so you've proven yourself already.

Good luck! ^_^


Very true, i just cant seem to reach the yellows yet...
(btw if you want to help me practice please hit me up on iccup, i need all the help i can get^^)


Feel free to add me, Ill be happy to practise with you.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 05:30:30
February 08 2012 05:16 GMT
#719
On February 08 2012 13:25 sluggaslamoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 07:27 Eywa- wrote:
On February 08 2012 06:09 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:59 Eywa- wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:35 Essbee wrote:
On February 08 2012 05:06 Skeggaba wrote:
Well since we are only 5 players we would be sure to loose in a bo7
Also, i was just trying to play the underdog-card there, It seems pretty close. I hope no one is casting the games since ill be super duper nervous. I also dont hope for a T or a P, or a Z.

EDIT: Im also one win away from hitting C-, that should be scary to face in the finals, right? :D


You shouldn't be nervous. We're playing for fun here firstly

I think it's pretty cool to have a final against a team we won just 3-2. It should be the hell of a fight.

All the more reason to be nervous if its a close CW...


Well personally I don't get that much nervous since Brood War is fun and having a great CW is all about fun imo... FUN FUN FUN

But yeah it's different for each individuals. But we must keep in mind that if this gets casted, it's still a D level competition so mistakes are more than likely to happen so no one should take it personally and start to shake whenever something like this happens.

Lucky for me I play better when I have that nervousness/adrenaline.


Same for me, but mainly because I'm not nervous at all and the other guy is, giving me an advantage I think. Sometimes I say I'm nervous at live local tourneys (SC2) coz its fun to hype it up with friends, but its nothing like playing a musical instrument in front of a crowd or anything like that.

I think Jaedong said it best "what's the point?". There's no point being nervous, especially when there's no money on the line.

First and really only time I was ever really nervous, was playing a game against G5 on his stream. Mainly because I knew people would just see me get owned and somehow thought it would be a bad reflection on me if I didn't at least give him some competition (which I didn't) :D


Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 09:07 Skeggaba wrote:
On February 08 2012 08:08 Cr4zyH0r5e wrote:
On February 08 2012 07:53 Skeggaba wrote:
I was casted by L_master like week 3, got raped out of my clothes. Doesnt make sense to be nervous but that is what happened. Anyways, been getting some quality coaching from a swedish b- dude so i hope ill do okay, or at least not as bad as i do against him (he rapes me in every match up)


I don't know dude. You were a win away from C- on week 3 as well But you're in the finals so you've proven yourself already.

Good luck! ^_^


Very true, i just cant seem to reach the yellows yet...
(btw if you want to help me practice please hit me up on iccup, i need all the help i can get^^)


Feel free to add me, Ill be happy to practise with you.


I will say for me the key to nerves has always been focus on the task. Your nervous because your thinking about all the wrong things: "people watching", "making a fool of yourself", "letting your team down", etc. On that note there are really too kinds of nerves. Everyone is nervous before a big match, its the type and how it's channeled that matters. One type is just the intensity and expectation for a big match, your pumped up and want to do well, whereas the other variation is where instead of being excited in a positive way your scared shitless and worrying about "Oh god I'm gonna mess this up".

What then, does one do? In my opinion the key is your focus. You channel the nervousness to being solely focused on the game. Upon your execution. One thing to this end that I have found really helpful is a pre-shotgame routine. You approach each game the same way every time. Before you start maybe you have a way you adjust the monitor, or a way you get your mouse and keyboard comfortable how you want them. Same thing for the first few minutes, having established way in which you spam and click around. This consistency ends up creating a comfort level and puts you back in the zone. It reminds you I have done this thousands of times and allows you to just sink back into the comfort of playing rather than being focused on all the things that could go wrong.

EDIT: If anyone needs a protoss practice partner message me.
EDIT2: Yes, I plan on casting the finals, hopefully live. I have an 8km race that morning, which between travel and WU/CD I will be at that from say 12:16 GMT (+00:00) to 12:16 GMT (+00:00). Anytime around that will work.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
February 10 2012 15:39 GMT
#720
so i geus we t han move the finals up to 20:00??
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1962
RotterdaM1036
TaKeTV 273
SteadfastSC216
IndyStarCraft 207
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1962
RotterdaM 1036
MaxPax 241
SteadfastSC 216
IndyStarCraft 207
RuFF_SC2 141
ZombieGrub98
Nina 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2566
Shuttle 435
Mind 66
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu917
Other Games
summit1g5829
Grubby2655
shahzam560
Beastyqt504
ToD204
C9.Mang0184
UpATreeSC46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 197
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 33
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2694
League of Legends
• TFBlade500
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 19m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 19m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.