• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:56
CEST 19:56
KST 02:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8423 users

[SWL] SK Telecom T1 vs KT Rolster - Page 129

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 Next
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 10 2011 09:15 GMT
#2561
Well, if that's the case then you're just being very silly, Lightwhip. It's actually even dumber criticism. It takes two to tango. If Flash goes for an attack and his opponent rolls over and dies to it without putting up much of a fight because he's a much worse player, is that Flash's fault? What's he supposed to do, delay his timing just so the game gets more entertaining? O_o

Don't criticize Flash for being so fucking good and being able to properly take advantage of his opponents weaknesses and instead tell his opponents to get better. In this case, put all the blame on Bisu. Really. You can't blame Flash for the fact he's better than his opponents.

Also, you would've orgasmed if Fantasy had played in that game vs Best.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 10 2011 09:25 GMT
#2562
I fail to see what about that should make me like him. He wins because his opponents do something questionable, therefore I should enjoy his play more? If I was discounting his achievements, that would be a different story, but I doubt I could do that right now.
Also no, I'd rather Best win, so if Fantasy did that, I would probably be disappointed.
What exactly about Flash is supposed to make me like him? Is it the fact that he might cheese, turtle, or 14CC-> timing attack in any game? Or is it his ability to make a hyped game less than what I'd want it to be? Sorry, but honestly, there are legitimate reasons not to like Flash, and saying "Sorry he's too good" doesn't make him more likable. Most of the greatest players except for oov were more enjoyable to watch in their time.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
January 10 2011 09:41 GMT
#2563
I've thought Flash was boring for awhile. He's good, don't get me wrong, but he's really fucking boring to watch.

I would much rather watch Sea or Fantasy if I'm watching a Terran but that's just personal preference.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 10 2011 10:09 GMT
#2564
I do not demand that you like Flash because of it, I ask that you don't try to attribute it to anything other than good old biased fanboyism. You can dislike Flash as much as you want to and you can be vocal about it, I don't care, just don't spew out nonsense in an attempt to back it up.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 10:19:36
January 10 2011 10:10 GMT
#2565
wrong thread
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 10 2011 10:49 GMT
#2566
On January 10 2011 19:09 Holgerius wrote:
I do not demand that you like Flash because of it, I ask that you don't try to attribute it to anything other than good old biased fanboyism. You can dislike Flash as much as you want to and you can be vocal about it, I don't care, just don't spew out nonsense in an attempt to back it up.

You're no beacon of objectivity either, as a Flash fanboy. There's legitimate reasons not to like your guy that aren't just 'fanboyism' that you don't want to admit. How do you think I grew to dislike him in the first place? Quite simply, he showed me a way of playing that I despise.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
January 10 2011 10:56 GMT
#2567
On January 10 2011 19:49 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 19:09 Holgerius wrote:
I do not demand that you like Flash because of it, I ask that you don't try to attribute it to anything other than good old biased fanboyism. You can dislike Flash as much as you want to and you can be vocal about it, I don't care, just don't spew out nonsense in an attempt to back it up.

You're no beacon of objectivity either, as a Flash fanboy. There's legitimate reasons not to like your guy that aren't just 'fanboyism' that you don't want to admit. How do you think I grew to dislike him in the first place? Quite simply, he showed me a way of playing that I despise.

You still don't get it do you? There is no difference between the way Flash plays and the way other progamers play. He just does it better.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 10 2011 11:07 GMT
#2568
On January 10 2011 19:49 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 19:09 Holgerius wrote:
I do not demand that you like Flash because of it, I ask that you don't try to attribute it to anything other than good old biased fanboyism. You can dislike Flash as much as you want to and you can be vocal about it, I don't care, just don't spew out nonsense in an attempt to back it up.

You're no beacon of objectivity either, as a Flash fanboy. There's legitimate reasons not to like your guy that aren't just 'fanboyism' that you don't want to admit. How do you think I grew to dislike him in the first place? Quite simply, he showed me a way of playing that I despise.

What way of playing? As has been said, Flash uses every possible style available, so what ''way of playing'' are you referring to? Playing good?

It does come down to pure fanboyism (which doesn't always have a logical explanation).
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Monkeyshark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
January 10 2011 12:14 GMT
#2569
Ahh this thread is turning to the classic anti flash vs flash fan thread. It's never going to go anywhere when the anti are just mad about their favorites are being beaten by him.

Flash turtles? Fuck he's a little turtling bitch.
Flash timing attack? Why can't he win without doing something normal?
Flash cheese? What a cunt.
Flash plays normal? Holy shit he can't win without doing something interesting.
Flash does something interesting? It has been done before, what a fucking copy cat.
Flash lose? FUCK YEAH WHAT A FUCKING SHITTY PLAYER
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
January 10 2011 12:36 GMT
#2570
I think the problem, Lightwip, would be this quote of yours:


To be honest, he does ruin a lot of games with either a turtling strategies or ones that just win through superior macro/timing attacks.


You can dislike Flash as much as you like, but saying that he 'ruins' 'a lot of games' by winning through 'turtling' or 'superior macro' or 'timing attacks' is covering an awful lot of bases. Flash also has incredible M&M micro, do you hate it when he wins with superior micro, too? Is he ruining the game when he wins through M&M control vs Zerg?

Just admit you just don't like the guy and move on. There's no need to make up bullshit about Flash 'ruining' games by doing (insert any strategy ever).
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 10 2011 12:39 GMT
#2571
Exactly.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
shucklesors
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore1176 Posts
January 10 2011 12:45 GMT
#2572
its funny because the T1ers talk as though bisu is close to flash or something.
also, if you thought that last game was superbly ridiculous how flash managed to win even though being behind on bases, find the game where he used mech against jd on katrina. thats wat's ridiculous.
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
January 10 2011 14:40 GMT
#2573
On January 10 2011 21:36 Hinanawi wrote:
I think the problem, Lightwip, would be this quote of yours:

Show nested quote +

To be honest, he does ruin a lot of games with either a turtling strategies or ones that just win through superior macro/timing attacks.


You can dislike Flash as much as you like, but saying that he 'ruins' 'a lot of games' by winning through 'turtling' or 'superior macro' or 'timing attacks' is covering an awful lot of bases. Flash also has incredible M&M micro, do you hate it when he wins with superior micro, too? Is he ruining the game when he wins through M&M control vs Zerg?

Just admit you just don't like the guy and move on. There's no need to make up bullshit about Flash 'ruining' games by doing (insert any strategy ever).


Seconded.
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 10 2011 14:41 GMT
#2574
its ok to like or not like flash ofcourse, but this whole turtle-terran thing is from 2008.
He might be boring to watch for some because his games are mostly onesided, but thats it.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Hazard
Profile Joined September 2009
Norway594 Posts
January 10 2011 14:59 GMT
#2575
Flash and JD did good at start but finish is what counts Bisu will be the one who does good at the finish!
"Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk Cafe! He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
nozaro33
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan1819 Posts
January 10 2011 15:32 GMT
#2576
haters will hate. It's human tendency to come up with any "logical" argument just to prove they're right. fanboy and haters alike. But man it just gets annoying that every time Flash dominates threads are spammed with a crapload of haters.
#1 Flash / #2 NaDa / #3 Stats fan / KT fan for life
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
January 10 2011 15:35 GMT
#2577
On January 11 2011 00:32 nozaro33 wrote:
haters will hate. It's human tendency to come up with any "logical" argument just to prove they're right. fanboy and haters alike. But man it just gets annoying that every time Flash dominates threads are spammed with a crapload of haters.

i love that everytime flash dominates the threads explode over the 100 sites.
shows me that there are still ppl interested in bw (i also think many ppl came back from sc2)
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
SushilS
Profile Joined November 2010
2115 Posts
January 10 2011 16:00 GMT
#2578
- You had a really close game with Fantasy.
▲ Though my hands weren’t completely warmed up, it's true that Fantasy hyung also played very well. During the middle of the game, my hands finally loosened up and I thought to myself I would be able to come back, and because it was a situation where there was no one else that could play for my team, I think I exerted even more effort

And Flash with some lame excuses...ZZZZzzz!! Clearly, Fantasy played superbly....

iceiceice: I’m going to make this short; I am the one true tinker player.
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
January 10 2011 16:11 GMT
#2579
On January 10 2011 21:45 shucklesors wrote:
its funny because the T1ers talk as though bisu is close to flash or something.
also, if you thought that last game was superbly ridiculous how flash managed to win even though being behind on bases, find the game where he used mech against jd on katrina. thats wat's ridiculous.

There was a whole article about meching vs zerg...
i think it was fantasy's final edit...
it talks specifically about this~
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=80595
by Day[9] so it's legit~ :D
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
purpose
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden1017 Posts
January 10 2011 16:19 GMT
#2580
Ahh you just got to love the fanboyism :-)
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 232
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 949
Shuttle 635
Horang2 227
firebathero 107
Zeus 78
Hyun 56
soO 49
ToSsGirL 36
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 17
[ Show more ]
Bishop 12
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
qojqva2158
420jenkins522
Counter-Strike
fl0m4972
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Other Games
Grubby2532
FrodaN708
Beastyqt583
KnowMe231
Livibee189
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 50
• 3DClanTV 44
• Adnapsc2 25
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach105
• FirePhoenix24
• Michael_bg 7
• 80smullet 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1765
Other Games
• Shiphtur563
• imaqtpie386
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 4m
Patches Events
21h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.