• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7623 users

Why Haven't You Edited Liquipedia Yet? - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Strayline
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States330 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-22 03:39:37
June 22 2009 03:38 GMT
#61
On June 22 2009 04:24 cgrinker wrote:
If you don't know how to use mediawiki, I think that we as the staff should definitely set something up to teach people. Kinda an oops on our part not thinking of that. It really is made to be easy though. A lot of the basic stuff like headers, lists, stuff like that is really easy to learn.


Yeah don't let this stop you--the basic markup is really really simple. Also, don't let the fact that you're a noob stop you from posting IMO. Someday perhaps we will get enough content that on it that only really good players will have anything to add (I doubt this) but at the moment there's plenty of editing that anyone who reads these forums can add. There are still lots of obvious oversights and gaps. Just give it your best shot... chances are what you post will be better than nothing The beauty of the wiki is that it can always be updated later.
Clasic
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Bosnia-Herzegovina1437 Posts
June 22 2009 04:22 GMT
#62
"Later in the game it is very common to switch to ground units such as Dragoons, Dark Templar, High Templar, and Zealots , but you will regularly still have a few Reavers."


My only contribution
No no no no its not mine!
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-23 04:43:34
June 23 2009 04:42 GMT
#63
On June 22 2009 08:01 HeavOnEarth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2009 14:41 Nightmarjoo wrote:
I don't feel qualified to edit anything.

your iccup rank tells me otherwise


Shoot if you're above D, then you're qualified to write more than I am, and i wrote the whole PvX section (not quite, but close). Also wrote ZvP and it shows.

Go make content better ^^

Also, we just opened up a progaming section. If you've got free time, then go ahead and look it over, see if tlpd or your own memory has anything better/different to add.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
June 23 2009 09:13 GMT
#64
I'm a noob at starcraft so I can't really help out with the strategy but I didn't make a couple of edits (link pages to each other) to try and improve the site. Actually my edits were edited before being added but they're there. I guess I represent all the noobs when I say that we would really appreciate it if you, the more experienced players, added your knowledge and builds to the wiki.
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-23 11:52:22
June 23 2009 11:51 GMT
#65
On June 22 2009 04:24 cgrinker wrote:
You are all qualified to edit something in the wiki. That's the greatest part! If you have ever played SC you know something that works and something that doesn't. We tend to focus here on what we can't do, I want to hear what you can do!

If you don't know how to use mediawiki, I think that we as the staff should definitely set something up to teach people. Kinda an oops on our part not thinking of that. It really is made to be easy though. A lot of the basic stuff like headers, lists, stuff like that is really easy to learn.


damn i thought about making a guide about that for the contest
but i hadn't enough time to do it properly so i didn't. but this is still something that could be done.
http://twitter.com/jhNz
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
June 23 2009 14:28 GMT
#66
anyone have yellow vs ggplay @ 815 So1 OSL
please send me or upload to youtube :D:D:D
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
June 23 2009 23:28 GMT
#67
I could contribute.
I want to make a new page:
ZvZ Hydra.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
June 24 2009 00:48 GMT
#68
I'm contributing with what I can for now, mainly though fact checks and spelling fixes. I'm not nearly confident enough to be modifying the strategy section yet.
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-24 04:10:12
June 24 2009 04:10 GMT
#69
On June 24 2009 08:28 Trozz wrote:
I could contribute.
I want to make a new page:
ZvZ Hydra.


go ahead and do it. Plug it into strategy overview after you're done. Better be really good though, as it's not common, and I can't think of a progame where they went hydra ZvZ in the past 2 years (the yellow game shouldn't count, as everyone brings it up) xD
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
inertinept
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Bangladesh1195 Posts
June 24 2009 04:18 GMT
#70
I honestly can't transform my play into words, I kinda just do what I feel like
With a gust of wind, perhaps.
Mongery
Profile Joined May 2009
892 Posts
June 26 2009 21:45 GMT
#71
This hole liquidpedia thing is really good, it helped me alot figuring out some stuffs that i needed actually, so thnx for this!
http://www.twitch.tv/mongery_tv https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/27699-mongery-
Johnny B
Profile Joined April 2009
United States76 Posts
June 26 2009 23:52 GMT
#72
On June 22 2009 04:24 cgrinker wrote:
You are all qualified to edit something in the wiki.


HAHAHAHAHA you asked for it.

TvT Yamato/Tank strat, here I come!
My dad can beat your dad in StarCraft.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 28 2009 16:49 GMT
#73
On June 27 2009 08:52 Johnny B wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2009 04:24 cgrinker wrote:
You are all qualified to edit something in the wiki.


HAHAHAHAHA you asked for it.

TvT Yamato/Tank strat, here I come!


if you want; make sure it's well written xD
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Cheezy
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden112 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-02 21:15:48
July 02 2009 21:14 GMT
#74
wat, there's not even a sauron zerg article

I'm too scared to start on new articles, I don't know all those scripts and shit and I dunno how to start.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-03 04:58:24
July 03 2009 04:55 GMT
#75
On June 23 2009 23:28 alffla wrote:
anyone have yellow vs ggplay @ 815 So1 OSL
please send me or upload to youtube :D:D:D


I have it I think

but its a HUGE file

edit: yeah I have it. Where do you want me to upload? (I dont have a youtube account)
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-03 05:48:38
July 03 2009 05:48 GMT
#76
Ugh, the welcome page has a blurb on Jaedong including the lines "There is no reason to doubt him: top of Kespa rankings, in Gom Ro8..." Is liquipedia supposed to conform to the basic wikipedia premise of no original thoughts? I understand that is difficult in the bw world but what I quoted is straight editorializing: is that allowed on liquipedia?

I personally think it takes away from the project.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
July 03 2009 07:11 GMT
#77
On July 03 2009 14:48 cz wrote:
Ugh, the welcome page has a blurb on Jaedong including the lines "There is no reason to doubt him: top of Kespa rankings, in Gom Ro8..." Is liquipedia supposed to conform to the basic wikipedia premise of no original thoughts? I understand that is difficult in the bw world but what I quoted is straight editorializing: is that allowed on liquipedia?

I personally think it takes away from the project.

I think it was more a factual statement.
brood war for life, brood war forever
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
July 03 2009 07:34 GMT
#78
On July 03 2009 14:48 cz wrote:
Ugh, the welcome page has a blurb on Jaedong including the lines "There is no reason to doubt him: top of Kespa rankings, in Gom Ro8..." Is liquipedia supposed to conform to the basic wikipedia premise of no original thoughts? I understand that is difficult in the bw world but what I quoted is straight editorializing: is that allowed on liquipedia?

I personally think it takes away from the project.


I think we try to be as professional as possible. However that blurb is not part of the article; it is in fact one of our staff members trying to motivate you to edit along with showing you some really cool photography that NeverGG is kind enough to let us use (whom I've never thanked properly. If you see this, Thanks!)
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
July 03 2009 08:16 GMT
#79
over the last couple of days i added and edited some articles. the problem is, that i actually pretty much suck at the game itself T_T

so i just add things like players or other things that don't need too much strategic insight.
http://twitter.com/jhNz
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 03 2009 16:29 GMT
#80
That's still really helpful. Thanks
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
ProTech121
Nina 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
Shuttle 1231
Dewaltoss 59
Snow 58
Bale 49
Noble 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor545
Other Games
summit1g8782
JimRising 658
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft291
Mew2King277
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• practicex 14
• Response 9
• Letter146
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1030
• Rush338
• Stunt220
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 54m
OSC
17h 54m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.