• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:48
CEST 17:48
KST 00:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7677 users

The Coach corner - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Bonyth
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland619 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-26 02:02:26
February 26 2017 01:57 GMT
#41
Hello!

I was asked to help with some of the protoss micro part, so here is my contribution to the project:

Zealot micro up the ramp:

Reaver micro:

Carrier micro:


My friend once said: 'real micro happens in real games' but despite that, I hope that you can get out something out of my VODs that will prove usefull to you.
Let me know if you have any questions or other requests for tutorials to be made.

And oh, while I am at it, I'm adding my latest rep pack if anyone's interested (13.09.2016 - 25.02.2017): https://megawrzuta.pl/download/55e2adfb45512157ef0f7019bd29ef17.html
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
February 26 2017 08:12 GMT
#42
this is amazing bonyth thanks ,added your section too
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
February 26 2017 09:20 GMT
#43
Yeah that is really nice. These vids are really appreciated. Also love replay packs, so ty for uploading yours Bonyth. I already went through like 12 of your replays lol.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
13Julia
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada231 Posts
February 26 2017 14:05 GMT
#44
Protoss and micro? I don't think they should be used in once sentence. It's a logical error.
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-26 19:05:49
February 26 2017 18:57 GMT
#45
I recorded a few vids about 3 months ago of some tutorials and handy tips to utilize. so seeing this thread i thought i would upload and share .


asdasdasdasdasd123123123
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-26 19:19:44
February 26 2017 19:17 GMT
#46
the only problem i see with this wall is that in a moment of multitask or pressure i have my doubt i will do the larva trick fast enough or there is the risk of no having any larva ;; ,and the line to defend your wall with fkeys and drones is also broke.
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-26 19:43:34
February 26 2017 19:24 GMT
#47
I thought that too but ive used it successfully, blocking of speedlot timing attacks. You either see the zealots coming beforehand or you block the choke with the hydras you have until you have a larva to block it with. That way you wont lose mining time if you decide to drill instead. Its just another variant i guess

But in the later stage of the game you'd basically never use it. Its only crucial for the early into mid part.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
MuNi
Profile Joined July 2009
United States72 Posts
February 26 2017 23:51 GMT
#48
That's a cool SimCity. I've never seen that before, so thanks for the interesting information.
MANTOSS
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
March 02 2017 01:18 GMT
#49
Check this thread for more sim cities on fighting spirit. Unfortunately I've come to agree with trutacz that tight walls are often more disadvantageous the longer the game goes on. You'll annoy yourself a lot if you have a tight sim city.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-strategy/513324-fighting-spirit-sim-city-36912
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
March 19 2017 00:18 GMT
#50
are there any terran video coaching like this? here?
How may help u?
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 19 2017 08:46 GMT
#51
On March 19 2017 09:18 SC2BF3Love wrote:
are there any terran video coaching like this? here?

Stylish FPVODs
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
March 20 2017 02:31 GMT
#52
On March 19 2017 17:46 Sero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 09:18 SC2BF3Love wrote:
are there any terran video coaching like this? here?

Stylish FPVODs


stylish game play are very old and not good to this time.
How may help u?
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 20 2017 09:43 GMT
#53
On March 20 2017 11:31 SC2BF3Love wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 17:46 Sero wrote:
On March 19 2017 09:18 SC2BF3Love wrote:
are there any terran video coaching like this? here?

Stylish FPVODs


stylish game play are very old and not good to this time.

I think his videos are still the best resource for learning Terran. He teaches a lot of fundamentals and game mechanics which haven't changed, and his builds are good for beginners since they have safe openings and usually focus on early to mid game.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
March 27 2017 00:53 GMT
#54
Is there anything for beating that 120 terran push. I play Sushi and unless I do a unorthodox build, he kills me with it EVERY SINGLE GAME I play straight up. It's brutal. Maybe it's user error but I know there has to be a BO that punishes that timing.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 27 2017 03:16 GMT
#55
On March 27 2017 09:53 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Is there anything for beating that 120 terran push. I play Sushi and unless I do a unorthodox build, he kills me with it EVERY SINGLE GAME I play straight up. It's brutal. Maybe it's user error but I know there has to be a BO that punishes that timing.

Can you post a rep?
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
March 27 2017 03:18 GMT
#56
On March 27 2017 09:53 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Is there anything for beating that 120 terran push. I play Sushi and unless I do a unorthodox build, he kills me with it EVERY SINGLE GAME I play straight up. It's brutal. Maybe it's user error but I know there has to be a BO that punishes that timing.

Which build are you talking about? I'm assuming it's TvP, but idk what the 120 is.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
March 27 2017 04:49 GMT
#57
He probably means a push at 120 supply, but without a replay it is hard to say what the reasons for his losses are, probably greedy play but who knows.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
March 27 2017 08:25 GMT
#58
On March 27 2017 09:53 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Is there anything for beating that 120 terran push. I play Sushi and unless I do a unorthodox build, he kills me with it EVERY SINGLE GAME I play straight up. It's brutal. Maybe it's user error but I know there has to be a BO that punishes that timing.

we need a replay
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
March 27 2017 13:09 GMT
#59
I apologize. It is TvP - the 120 rollout/4 or 5 fact push.

I've ID'd some elements of my play like gettings obs too late to count factories or see if they are going for a 3rd CC. It's crucial otherwise I'm going into it blind. Obviously if factory count goes up, I need to increase army/gate count to reflect the first wave and then expand. If I see 3rd CC then I need to take a 3rd/4th and expect a later push and get my tech ready.

It's all about more optimal timing on getting obs - which I've looked into Liquidpedia to obtain. If I provide replays at this point, that would be the first thing you guys would point out. I'll play around with more standard obs timing and if I still keep dying to it, I'll get a replay then. Thanks for the responses.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-23 18:13:30
November 23 2017 18:11 GMT
#60
hello guys, a new zvp tutorial,honestly with day9 back to business i dont think we re worried anymore for lessons,but from time to time will make new videos,+ if i see interest in some specific matchup or strategy i can do it


i cant edit the first post,can a mod help me ?
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 520
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30647
Bisu 2608
Shuttle 1699
Hyuk 1060
EffOrt 833
Mini 744
Soma 401
Larva 394
ZerO 243
firebathero 233
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 58
Hyun 45
Mong 44
PianO 36
Trap 36
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 16
Rock 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 10
Bale 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9296
qojqva1658
Dendi945
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1057
Beastyqt764
Mlord347
Hui .237
Livibee191
Liquid`VortiX149
ArmadaUGS124
KnowMe120
elazer80
Mew2King76
FrodaN17
CosmosSc2 15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Trikslyr3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7514
League of Legends
• Jankos1758
Other Games
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
FEL
12m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 12m
INu's Battles
20h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.