• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9626 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 30

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 488 Next
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
August 24 2011 17:46 GMT
#581
So, I'm wanting to start a BarCraft for BW down here where I live.
I've talked to some of the bar owners and they're receptive buuut....

There is virtually no way to do a live event, as I live in TX and 5 AM just wouldn't cut it I'm afraid. So, I tinkered around with the idea of just playing old matches via the VODs here. Is there any downright A-MAZING series you would suggest?

Especially something for people who have never seen BW before?

I find when I'm showing friends they tend to understand what's going in better with TvT above any of the other matches. ZvZ is *very* confusing, especially when it's similar colors. PvP they get,but find boring (lolwut??? favorite mirror khx) The non mirrors are usually understandable for a newcomer except vP. It seems all the spells involved reallllly throw people off.

The thing is, I'm just looking to get advice on what would make a good BarCraft night as I've never been to one as of yet but it sounds like such a bitchin' idea. Plus, where I live, it's virtually unheard of and I think it would get a nice draw.

The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
August 24 2011 18:16 GMT
#582
How do you hotkey your army? when there are more than 12 units boxing or control+clicking pretty much select random units (amirite?) so if I want to say hotkey my army to 1-4, do I have to select a group, move it away so I can select another group, rinse and repeat? and after a battle redo everything?

Since I find this process more time consuming than boxing+amove over and over i am getting used to not hotkeying my army at all...
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
August 24 2011 19:31 GMT
#583
On August 25 2011 02:46 TheGlassface wrote:
So, I'm wanting to start a BarCraft for BW down here where I live.
I've talked to some of the bar owners and they're receptive buuut....

There is virtually no way to do a live event, as I live in TX and 5 AM just wouldn't cut it I'm afraid. So, I tinkered around with the idea of just playing old matches via the VODs here. Is there any downright A-MAZING series you would suggest?

Especially something for people who have never seen BW before?

I find when I'm showing friends they tend to understand what's going in better with TvT above any of the other matches. ZvZ is *very* confusing, especially when it's similar colors. PvP they get,but find boring (lolwut??? favorite mirror khx) The non mirrors are usually understandable for a newcomer except vP. It seems all the spells involved reallllly throw people off.

The thing is, I'm just looking to get advice on what would make a good BarCraft night as I've never been to one as of yet but it sounds like such a bitchin' idea. Plus, where I live, it's virtually unheard of and I think it would get a nice draw.



Some series I would recommend:

Jaedong vs Snow, PDPOP MSL. Features a ton of action with reaver daebaks killing large numbers of zerg units at once.
Flash vs Fantasy, BigFile MSL. If people understand TvT then you might as well show them the best TvT series ever.
Flash vs Bisu, Bacchus 2008 OSL. All the games are good and game 3 is the best game of 2008. Although these games aren't in TLPD so you'll have to find them manually.
Forward
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 24 2011 22:46 GMT
#584
On August 25 2011 03:16 dementrio wrote:
How do you hotkey your army? when there are more than 12 units boxing or control+clicking pretty much select random units (amirite?) so if I want to say hotkey my army to 1-4, do I have to select a group, move it away so I can select another group, rinse and repeat? and after a battle redo everything?

Since I find this process more time consuming than boxing+amove over and over i am getting used to not hotkeying my army at all...


What race do you play?
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
August 24 2011 23:47 GMT
#585
On August 25 2011 03:16 dementrio wrote:
How do you hotkey your army? when there are more than 12 units boxing or control+clicking pretty much select random units (amirite?) so if I want to say hotkey my army to 1-4, do I have to select a group, move it away so I can select another group, rinse and repeat? and after a battle redo everything?

Since I find this process more time consuming than boxing+amove over and over i am getting used to not hotkeying my army at all...

Box the edges hotkey and move away, if you don't get a perfect 12 hold shift click/box whatever more you need then hotkey. After a battle refill hotkeys by selecting units and pressing shift+hotkey or with your hotkey selected shift group them then shift+hotkey
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
R2DToss
Profile Joined October 2010
United States25 Posts
August 25 2011 04:06 GMT
#586
Simple Question: Why is power rank missing for BW on the front page? I'm so sad right now and that just made things worse.
SC2 is worth living for, BW is worth dieing for
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
August 25 2011 14:20 GMT
#587
On August 25 2011 13:06 R2DToss wrote:
Simple Question: Why is power rank missing for BW on the front page? I'm so sad right now and that just made things worse.

Was discussed here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=258413
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
August 25 2011 14:48 GMT
#588
Acid spore reveal clock units? =)
Tekken ProGamer
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
August 25 2011 15:29 GMT
#589
Yes, but you need to see them with something else BEFORE you hit it with devourer.
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 25 2011 16:14 GMT
#590
On August 26 2011 00:29 _Quasar_ wrote:
Yes, but you need to see them with something else BEFORE you hit it with devourer.


Or (even though this would never happen in a real game) you could move a unit on top of the cloaked wraiths and target it with your devourers--the acid spores will splash onto them.
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 18:04:21
August 25 2011 17:55 GMT
#591
On August 26 2011 01:14 xxpack09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 00:29 _Quasar_ wrote:
Yes, but you need to see them with something else BEFORE you hit it with devourer.


Or (even though this would never happen in a real game) you could move a unit on top of the cloaked wraiths and target it with your devourers--the acid spores will splash onto them.

This is incorrect. For some reason, the misconceptions surrounding the devourer are very persistent.

Acid spores will not splash onto and reveal undetected cloaked units. For example, if they engage a group of cloaked wraiths and one wraith runs out of energy and becomes visible, the subsequent acid spore attack on that wraith will not reveal the other wraiths. However, if you have an overlord to detect the wraiths and an acid spore lands on all of them before the wraiths kill your overlord, then the acid spores will continue to reveal the wraiths. This runs somewhat contrary to plague and ensnare which will independently reveal cloaked units caught within their area of effect. To reiterate, cloaked units that are not detected and not already affected by acid spores will not have acid spores placed on them.

Another misconception is that each acid spore reduces armor rather than increases damage. That distinction may seem unnecessary, but it is important in a few specific situations: acid spores increase damage across both Protoss shields and direct hit points, and they also increase damage taken from spells (which would otherwise ignore armor).

For example, psionic storm does 8 ticks of 14 damage for 112 total damage over its duration. A unit with 9 acid spores will instead take 8x(14+9) = 184 damage. Irradiate on a unit with 9 acid spores will do close to 37 damage per second for a total of ~924.9 damage. However, acid spores do not affect plague as plague works by a different mechanic.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
August 25 2011 21:00 GMT
#592
On August 25 2011 02:46 TheGlassface wrote:
So, I'm wanting to start a BarCraft for BW down here where I live.
I've talked to some of the bar owners and they're receptive buuut....

There is virtually no way to do a live event, as I live in TX and 5 AM just wouldn't cut it I'm afraid. So, I tinkered around with the idea of just playing old matches via the VODs here. Is there any downright A-MAZING series you would suggest?

Especially something for people who have never seen BW before?

I find when I'm showing friends they tend to understand what's going in better with TvT above any of the other matches. ZvZ is *very* confusing, especially when it's similar colors. PvP they get,but find boring (lolwut??? favorite mirror khx) The non mirrors are usually understandable for a newcomer except vP. It seems all the spells involved reallllly throw people off.

The thing is, I'm just looking to get advice on what would make a good BarCraft night as I've never been to one as of yet but it sounds like such a bitchin' idea. Plus, where I live, it's virtually unheard of and I think it would get a nice draw.



Boxer/Canata vs Firebathero GomTV MSL 2.

Some pretty sweet TvTs
SalsaShark
Profile Joined March 2011
United States56 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 03:04:45
August 26 2011 03:04 GMT
#593
How do i play games on iCCup? I haven't played one yet, and everytime i just go either to op TeamLiquid or Ladder D and ask if anyone wants a d/d- 1v1 vs zerg and nobody ever says anything back. Then i go to the join game thing and there's like 1-2 games for D/D-/D+ players and they always say "no zerg" when I join or the game is full/already started or something. Then i create a game and wait 5-10 minutes for someone to join, nobody does, so i put in a computer and fall asleep since the ai is bad...
the terrans are still beneath me - oGsMC
ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
August 26 2011 03:13 GMT
#594
On August 26 2011 12:04 SalsaShark wrote:
How do i play games on iCCup? I haven't played one yet, and everytime i just go either to op TeamLiquid or Ladder D and ask if anyone wants a d/d- 1v1 vs zerg and nobody ever says anything back. Then i go to the join game thing and there's like 1-2 games for D/D-/D+ players and they always say "no zerg" when I join or the game is full/already started or something. Then i create a game and wait 5-10 minutes for someone to join, nobody does, so i put in a computer and fall asleep since the ai is bad...


Make sure your ports are forwarded or else nobody will be able to join your games.
Forward
SalsaShark
Profile Joined March 2011
United States56 Posts
August 26 2011 03:19 GMT
#595
What does "ports are forwarded" mean? This is probably my problem? :D
the terrans are still beneath me - oGsMC
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
August 26 2011 04:05 GMT
#596
When is the proper time add a second factory after a FD where about 6-8 marines are traded for 3-4 dragoons? Also, when is the proper time to add second refinery?

☺
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
August 26 2011 10:18 GMT
#597
where is coler cycling for??? if you go to options and than vidio orso, there is an option coler cycling?? is there an whay to chage colers orso??
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
August 26 2011 14:22 GMT
#598
On August 26 2011 13:05 Release wrote:
When is the proper time add a second factory after a FD where about 6-8 marines are traded for 3-4 dragoons? Also, when is the proper time to add second refinery?

After you get ebay siege and turrets up. You can also fact cc fact ebay but you better know what toss is doing otherwise it'll just get crushed

On August 26 2011 19:18 sabas123 wrote:
where is coler cycling for??? if you go to options and than vidio orso, there is an option coler cycling?? is there an whay to chage colers orso??

Shift+tab only changes your unit teal ally yellow enemy red
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
littlefighter
Profile Joined February 2011
43 Posts
August 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#599
On August 26 2011 19:18 sabas123 wrote:
where is coler cycling for??? if you go to options and than vidio orso, there is an option coler cycling?? is there an whay to chage colers orso??


It apparently animates the water.
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 27 2011 01:59 GMT
#600
On August 26 2011 12:19 SalsaShark wrote:
What does "ports are forwarded" mean? This is probably my problem? :D


It's a latency related issue. Many people can't host games unless their ports are forwarded.

Go here for help on fixing your ports
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1226
olofmeister1178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King351
Other Games
gofns31658
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe126
Pyrionflax93
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur439
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 39m
Patches Events
6h 39m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.