• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:00
CEST 03:00
KST 10:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8909 users

Calling UC Starcraft Players! - Page 25

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 41 Next All
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
March 01 2009 08:33 GMT
#481
On March 01 2009 17:27 Underwhelmed wrote:
I think UCSB is going to withdraw. Mindgames apparently has gotten himself a job and doesn't have the time to organize things, there's not really anybody else willing to step up. We do have a cstarleague team, but the guy running it doesn't want to take on additional responsibilities.

UCI will have to do the same. I've been doing a bit worse in school lately and I need to get my act together, especially with finals coming up, so I need as little on my plate as possible. Our CSL manager also doesn't want to manage two leagues. We also have a lack of interest on our team to participate in the UCPL
blabberrrrr
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
March 01 2009 10:59 GMT
#482
Wow...man I knew this thing would fall apart .
Super serious.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
March 01 2009 11:35 GMT
#483
So I guess UCDavis vs UCRiverside = special exhibition match...

-_____-;;
Hello
medic27
Profile Joined January 2009
United States135 Posts
March 01 2009 11:46 GMT
#484
bad timing, finals and all coming up...
LimitlessSky
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States434 Posts
March 01 2009 11:58 GMT
#485
Booo how sad...-_-
SKT1 Fighting! <3
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 01 2009 17:40 GMT
#486
bad manner >.>
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
March 01 2009 21:17 GMT
#487
UCSB and UCI are out?
The fuck guys.
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Assymptotic
Profile Joined February 2009
United States552 Posts
March 01 2009 22:15 GMT
#488
This whole thing is going to hell. This makes me sad.
So close, and yet so far
Creationism
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
China505 Posts
March 01 2009 22:35 GMT
#489
this is like the stock market, TWO TEAMS BANKRUPT!!! EVERYONE FUCKING BAIL!!!!!
The hoi polloi is the plague upon the world.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
March 01 2009 22:43 GMT
#490
On March 01 2009 16:27 Centric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 16:07 PH wrote:
On March 01 2009 15:21 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 07:22 SOB_Maj_Brian wrote:
Dino is not = to Dinot right?
Just to let you know as captain of the UCD team we are all about D/D+ so go easy on us...

Dinot = Top foreign Z player from Chile
Dino = One of the most infamous foreign hackers of all time

He won't be hacking, don't worry.

I know he doesn't need to hack against us...he's a really good player in his own right. It's just the fact that he's kind of a douche for hacking in the past that makes it questionable.


Agreed. By allowing known, unrepentant hackers to compete, you undermine the integrity of the league and dismiss the honest playerbase - regardless of whether or not Dino hacks in this particular event.

Universal banning of hackers/abusers from all competition is one of the first conditions we must clear to legitimize e-sports in the greater public conscience.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
March 01 2009 22:53 GMT
#491
On March 02 2009 07:43 Last Romantic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 16:27 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 16:07 PH wrote:
On March 01 2009 15:21 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 07:22 SOB_Maj_Brian wrote:
Dino is not = to Dinot right?
Just to let you know as captain of the UCD team we are all about D/D+ so go easy on us...

Dinot = Top foreign Z player from Chile
Dino = One of the most infamous foreign hackers of all time

He won't be hacking, don't worry.

I know he doesn't need to hack against us...he's a really good player in his own right. It's just the fact that he's kind of a douche for hacking in the past that makes it questionable.


Agreed. By allowing known, unrepentant hackers to compete, you undermine the integrity of the league and dismiss the honest playerbase - regardless of whether or not Dino hacks in this particular event.

Universal banning of hackers/abusers from all competition is one of the first conditions we must clear to legitimize e-sports in the greater public conscience.

I will vouch that for as long as I've known him (the past several weeks), he has not done any abuses...he no longer plays competitively, so what would be the point, really? Whatever, I'm not gonna say anymore...I didn't even know who Dino was until AFTER this thread, so I don't know the entire situation firsthand.

However, I think it would also preserve the integrity of the league for the school you represent to not have pulled out in the manner they did... -______-

This is rather unrelated, but this UCPL is not going well...lol.
Hello
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
March 01 2009 23:18 GMT
#492
On March 02 2009 07:43 Last Romantic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 16:27 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 16:07 PH wrote:
On March 01 2009 15:21 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 07:22 SOB_Maj_Brian wrote:
Dino is not = to Dinot right?
Just to let you know as captain of the UCD team we are all about D/D+ so go easy on us...

Dinot = Top foreign Z player from Chile
Dino = One of the most infamous foreign hackers of all time

He won't be hacking, don't worry.

I know he doesn't need to hack against us...he's a really good player in his own right. It's just the fact that he's kind of a douche for hacking in the past that makes it questionable.


Agreed. By allowing known, unrepentant hackers to compete, you undermine the integrity of the league and dismiss the honest playerbase - regardless of whether or not Dino hacks in this particular event.

Universal banning of hackers/abusers from all competition is one of the first conditions we must clear to legitimize e-sports in the greater public conscience.

Well said. I'm very iffy about arguing against Dino playing because he actually is a very good player...and I don't want to make it seem like we just want to dodge his skill. However, I have a lot of moral qualms about allowing him to play, because that sends the message that if you hack, you'll never pay for it.
Super serious.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 01 2009 23:19 GMT
#493
we should have a vote, as I said before.

it just sucks that schools are flaking out at the last minute.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
March 01 2009 23:28 GMT
#494
terribly sorry
blabberrrrr
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
March 01 2009 23:29 GMT
#495
On March 02 2009 08:19 Xeris wrote:
we should have a vote, as I said before.

it just sucks that schools are flaking out at the last minute.

Agreed.
Super serious.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
March 01 2009 23:41 GMT
#496
On March 02 2009 08:18 Centric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2009 07:43 Last Romantic wrote:
On March 01 2009 16:27 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 16:07 PH wrote:
On March 01 2009 15:21 Centric wrote:
On March 01 2009 07:22 SOB_Maj_Brian wrote:
Dino is not = to Dinot right?
Just to let you know as captain of the UCD team we are all about D/D+ so go easy on us...

Dinot = Top foreign Z player from Chile
Dino = One of the most infamous foreign hackers of all time

He won't be hacking, don't worry.

I know he doesn't need to hack against us...he's a really good player in his own right. It's just the fact that he's kind of a douche for hacking in the past that makes it questionable.


Agreed. By allowing known, unrepentant hackers to compete, you undermine the integrity of the league and dismiss the honest playerbase - regardless of whether or not Dino hacks in this particular event.

Universal banning of hackers/abusers from all competition is one of the first conditions we must clear to legitimize e-sports in the greater public conscience.

Well said. I'm very iffy about arguing against Dino playing because he actually is a very good player...and I don't want to make it seem like we just want to dodge his skill. However, I have a lot of moral qualms about allowing him to play, because that sends the message that if you hack, you'll never pay for it.

I understand that completely. It is that he is a good player in his own right that complicates this matter. I'm not particularly jumping up and down defending him, but I mean...like I said, I've only known him for several weeks (I wasn't around during the WCG debacle), and he hasn't done anything suspicious as long as I've known of him. In fact, he's a rather chill and gm guy irl. I know TL has a very unforgiving overall outlook against hackers and abusers which I think is perfectly understandable and reasonable.

From the perspective of a guy organizing a group of players to compete in things like UCPL and CSL, I would rather be able to play him. He is a good player, and he is very helpful. He's been assisting, teaching and practicing with everyone.

On March 02 2009 08:19 Xeris wrote:
we should have a vote, as I said before.

it just sucks that schools are flaking out at the last minute.

I agree...but I thought the general consensus was that it wouldn't destroy the world if he were allowed to play... -____-. I only find it odd that it's only now that serious objections are arising.

Hello
SOB_Maj_Brian
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States522 Posts
March 01 2009 23:46 GMT
#497
If all the other teams pull-out, can I put on my resume team captain of the winning team/second place team of the first UCPL, lol?
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
March 02 2009 01:39 GMT
#498
On March 02 2009 08:41 PH wrote:
I agree...but I thought the general consensus was that it wouldn't destroy the world if he were allowed to play... -____-. I only find it odd that it's only now that serious objections are arising.


It's only now that this is coming up because it's only now that I realize he's actually on the roster and he will be playing. I guess at this point it doesn't matter, but it would've been nice to have a vote or discussion at least.
Super serious.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
March 02 2009 02:31 GMT
#499
Well, he's been on the roster for more than a week. I do realize that we didn't have our lineup until Friday, however.
Hello
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
March 02 2009 04:14 GMT
#500
UCD vs UCR is starting now... first match
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE161
SpeCial 123
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever581
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
Doublelift4735
Counter-Strike
taco 304
Other Games
summit1g7126
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0331
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP79
• poizon28 40
• davetesta25
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra919
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.