• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:55
CEST 03:55
KST 10:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6932 users

new type of commentator - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-10 06:23:05
September 10 2008 06:22 GMT
#41
very nice commentaries
btw, you're really good
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
September 10 2008 06:24 GMT
#42
Excellent commentaries. I enjoyed watching and listening. Thanks for making them!
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
September 10 2008 17:49 GMT
#43
Before you record the commentary, you should make a list of things you plan on talking about, and maybe even an overarching theme to the commentary. Alot of times people who do these FPVODs just fall into the rut of saying what is happening on the screen and either saying, "This is good, you should do this" or "this was a mistake, don't do this".
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-10 18:57:51
September 10 2008 18:47 GMT
#44
On September 11 2008 02:49 lgdDante wrote:
Before you record the commentary, you should make a list of things you plan on talking about, and maybe even an overarching theme to the commentary. Alot of times people who do these FPVODs just fall into the rut of saying what is happening on the screen and either saying, "This is good, you should do this" or "this was a mistake, don't do this".

pretty obvious you didnt watch the videos, but thanks for the advice.

The thing is, I have a pretty good knowledge on SC... even if I don't think about stuff beforehand I am only able to provide about 50% of the information I could provide because there's so much to say and I could go very in depth... I can see where you're coming from, though, since most people dont have enough skills or knowledge on SC to say more than 'this is good' or 'this is bad' like you said.

But I think your advice can give me better quality to my videos, so thanks. Planned, even if I know what I'm talking about, is always better than not planned.
(dont forget that I, myself, played the games and thus I know better whats going on rather than a pro VOD)
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-10 19:05:22
September 10 2008 18:59 GMT
#45
On September 11 2008 03:47 Ahzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2008 02:49 lgdDante wrote:
Before you record the commentary, you should make a list of things you plan on talking about, and maybe even an overarching theme to the commentary. Alot of times people who do these FPVODs just fall into the rut of saying what is happening on the screen and either saying, "This is good, you should do this" or "this was a mistake, don't do this".

pretty obvious you didnt watch the videos, but thanks for the advice.

The thing is, I have a pretty good knowledge on SC... even if I don't think about stuff beforehand I am only able to provide about 50% of the information I could provide because there's so much to say and I could go very in depth... I can see where you're coming from, though, since most people dont have enough skills or knowledge on SC to say more than 'this is good' or 'this is bad' like you said.

But I think your advice can give me better quality to my videos, so thanks. Planned, even if I know what I'm talking about, is always better than not planned.
(dont forget that I, myself, played the games and thus I know better whats going on rather than a pro VOD)

I watched it, and you only did it a few times. It was just a general statement about these kind of videos.

I enjoyed it and hope you make more.

You don't zvz tho? btw, i thought it was clever how you hotkeyed the 9 larvae right before the spire finished, i've never thought of that before
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
September 10 2008 19:37 GMT
#46
On September 10 2008 06:34 anderoo wrote:
lol, I love the chat in the ZvT@ andromeda
"u know korea?"

should have been like "nah, they have SC there??"


Hahaha
^-^
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
September 11 2008 09:52 GMT
#47
Wow really loved watching the games. Thanks a lot.

I would appreciate if you could give some little details on how to micro mutas while you're doing it. You're very good at it and watching you do it seems so easy, but when I try it myself I just get owned >< And I know many other noobbie zergs like myself find it hard as well. Some tips on timing and how to practice it would be really appreciated.
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
NergalSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Poland186 Posts
September 11 2008 12:29 GMT
#48
Really great ones. White-Ra, MIStrZZZ, NonY and now Ahzz. Someone in youtube comments posted: "better than combat-ex" lolol :D If I am right, Ahzz is like A- player so quality of his games/advices is really great.
APO PANTOZ KAKODAIMONOZ
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
September 11 2008 17:31 GMT
#49
On September 11 2008 21:29 NergalSC wrote:
Really great ones. White-Ra, MIStrZZZ, NonY and now Ahzz. Someone in youtube comments posted: "better than combat-ex" lolol :D If I am right, Ahzz is like A- player so quality of his games/advices is really great.

to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I'd be able to reach A- atm (maybe in the end of the season?) Because even though I started sc again quite a while ago, I just haven't regained the same skill with zerg I used to have before I left... Worse macro, slower in general, and I'm not making as wise decisions vs cheese etc.
Plus the iccup skill level went up quite a bit.
But I'm sure I'll be able to reach B+, and probably A- later on if I play a lot.
but ATM I'm not current iccup A- level I think.
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
September 11 2008 19:18 GMT
#50
On September 12 2008 02:31 Ahzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2008 21:29 NergalSC wrote:
Really great ones. White-Ra, MIStrZZZ, NonY and now Ahzz. Someone in youtube comments posted: "better than combat-ex" lolol :D If I am right, Ahzz is like A- player so quality of his games/advices is really great.

to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if I'd be able to reach A- atm (maybe in the end of the season?) Because even though I started sc again quite a while ago, I just haven't regained the same skill with zerg I used to have before I left... Worse macro, slower in general, and I'm not making as wise decisions vs cheese etc.
Plus the iccup skill level went up quite a bit.
But I'm sure I'll be able to reach B+, and probably A- later on if I play a lot.
but ATM I'm not current iccup A- level I think.

Good to see you're modest. I subscribed to your youtube account, start spittin' out those FPVODs so I can make my zerg better! Thanks so much for taking the time to do these, they are really great.
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
September 11 2008 19:29 GMT
#51
FINALLY some commented Zerg FPVODs, and from such a good zerg too.

Thanks a lot man, appreciated.
We make signature, then defense it.
Gartch
Profile Joined June 2007
3 Posts
September 11 2008 19:56 GMT
#52
Your commented zerg FPVODs are very usefull and interesting for me, I hope you do more

Thank a lot!
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
September 11 2008 23:05 GMT
#53
Very good videos. I look forward to seeing more.

Your English is good and I have no troubles understanding it at all. The only negative thing I have to say about this is that "huge lot" isn't correct, though, again, it is understandable. "A huge amount of" or a "lot of" both work, but native English speakers don't use "huge lot".

Don't worry about your English.
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
September 12 2008 15:58 GMT
#54
for those interested, there's a new pvz one uploaded ~~
ZeroCartin
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2390 Posts
September 12 2008 16:06 GMT
#55
hah cool

Only thing that makes me laugh, is that u talk in one straight tone, hahah XD Keep us posted!
"My sister is on vacation in Costa Rica right now. I hope she stays a while because she's a miserable cunt." -pubbanana
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
September 12 2008 16:13 GMT
#56
On September 13 2008 01:06 ZeroCartin wrote:
hah cool

Only thing that makes me laugh, is that u talk in one straight tone, hahah XD Keep us posted!

you mean sort of like no emotion? the way I talk never intensifies, or gets emotion etc, just stays the same?
if so, I know what you mean man. somehow im just unable to put emotion to it without making it even more laughable lol
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
September 12 2008 17:37 GMT
#57
Haven't watched it yet but if your one set tone. Makes it hard for people to stay interested in what you are saying. Just like when making a speech. If change tone show some emotion behind the words grabs peoples attention when you talk. I will probably watch some of these very soon. I always like it when people commentate 1st person or replays. Helps explain some things they did and why they did them.

GL and hopefully you keep providing this to the community in the future.
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
September 12 2008 17:51 GMT
#58
yeah I know, I'm just unable to change my tone I think. at least for english since its my second so that might be the reason.

dunno tho
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
September 12 2008 18:00 GMT
#59
It will come with practice i think for you . Just listen to yourself and pick out things you think you can do better.

It's amazing though that you are doing this. I am sure a lot of people are very thankful. Definitely the people that aren't as skilled.
Murlox
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France1699 Posts
September 12 2008 18:26 GMT
#60
I wonder, in the last PvZ, did you comment while you were playing ?

very gg, btw, and thanks for that
Resistance ain't futile
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 174
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14741
Rain 1511
GuemChi 877
sorry 35
Bale 16
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever434
NeuroSwarm194
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 454
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1060
Mew2King93
Other Games
summit1g6561
JimRising 534
WinterStarcraft507
C9.Mang0176
ViBE131
Trikslyr59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick808
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta42
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt210
Other Games
• Scarra954
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 6m
INu's Battles
9h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 6m
OSC
20h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 6m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.