• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7775 users

Can ZZZero Keep Organizing BW Tours Full Time ?

Forum Index > BW General
72 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1623 Posts
October 28 2022 22:28 GMT
#1
Hello guys,

9 months ago I’ve created this topic named: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/584781-zzzero-becomes-full-time-tournament-organizer

Here is sum up of what I've done within this time: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/601038-bsl-2022-conclusion-after-9-months

I gave myself a year for this job to become sufficient for me to support my family.

I want to start this post by expressing my deepest gratitude to everyone in our community, especially those who have supported me and my projects over the years. The last few months when I was able to fully devote myself to StarCraft, organizing events and tournaments - has been the most beautiful period of my life. I love doing it and it would be my dream to keep doing it forever, even though it's hard work, I love every aspect of it. It changed me mentally and changed my approach to life. I never had the opportunity to do something I love for living and I can’t describe this feeling. I have great respect for our community, this job, BSL, whatever you call it. StarCraft is my second family and I really care about your opinion and respect it. That is why I was very concerned that by creating a post in which I set a specific goal related to the steady income I expect from it, I will cause outrage among some of you. I still have such concerns, but I’m a father now, I can’t look for myself only and need to take care of my family. Unfortunately, after 9 months of my adventure as a tournament organizer, I am far from satisfying income, so I have to start this topic to call you to action - if in your opinion it is worth it.
To be honest, I expected to find more sponsors and partners during my full time work on this project. I’ve sent thousands of emails and sponsorship decks to any company I could think of. Unfortunately, without any good result. Which means that the last resort, as always, is you, dear SC: BW community.

As most of you probably know, I am 31 years old, recently became a father, and I need to provide my family with the best possible existence.

When I'm fundraising for BSL each season, I only take into account the costs related to running the tournament, each season costs about $10k, with ~ $ 6.5k going to the prize pools, the rest are costs related to graphics, animations, casters, admins and other technical aspects of running the tournament. Also the meaningful part is that %5-7 of the donations is taken by the commissions.

My goal is to get closer to the level of what I was earning on my regular job, which is ~$2,500 per month. It will allow me to simply live on the current level, which is now enough for me. Additional cost of running a bussiness for BSL is ~$500 a month, so assuming I can earn $500 on Twitch and Youtube, I'd like to have $2500 backing on Patreon.com/Bombastic

Regardless of whether you think it’s worthy and want to support my goal, I am so grateful to you for this last year of my amazing adventure, it is the best time of my life.

To sum up: BSL Season 16 achieved its goal and I will organize it with my full commitment as always, personally produce everything. If by the end of BSL16 you can meet my Patreon.com/Bombastic goal of $2500 per month - BSL tournaments will continue for as long as we will meet each season goals!

If we will meet the goal I will:
  • Organize 3 full BSL Seasons each year, with full dedication as I’m doing currently (If we will meet the season goals)
  • Organize lower leagues for each season to support every level player as I’m doing currently
  • Organize an offline BSL LAN Party (I already found a spot - looking for additional sponsors, probably ~april)
  • I will arrange a gaming house for best players to prepare for ASL qualifiers and go there with them + make full coverage (looking for sponsors, I already talked with few players);
  • I will do everything to find additional sponsors / support to make the BW scene more alive (Like I did this year when I made Race Championships, BSL 2v2 ProLeague, BSL Surprise Tour etc.)

In addition, to encourage you to support, I want to define another goals:
  • $ 1500 - ZZZero 12h ladder stream;
  • $ 2000 - ZZZero introduces his sister (new BSL assistant/staff member)
  • $ 2500 - ZZZero drunk stream + Q&A

You can support here:
https://www.patreon.com/bombastic
https://streamelements.com/zzzeropl/tip
Paypal: dideko.o@gmail.com

BSL has over 25,000 unique viewers, if every tenth of you add $1 a month, we will be able to continue making BroodWar great again.

I will appreciate if you will share this post, thank you!

Much love,
ZZZero
Facebook Twitter Reddit
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
Magnath10
Profile Joined February 2020
Egypt37 Posts
October 29 2022 01:42 GMT
#2
hope it works out well, will be watching from the sidelines
trick_clocks
Profile Joined September 2021
1 Post
October 29 2022 18:22 GMT
#3
Ya'll we can do this. Join in, so the lift is easy. I just became a patron.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
October 30 2022 05:16 GMT
#4
u shud move to latam...

2.5k / month is hella money here.
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
CoughingHydra
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
177 Posts
October 30 2022 11:09 GMT
#5
Subscribed to patreon :-)
Burned Toast *
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada2040 Posts
October 30 2022 12:32 GMT
#6
Suscribed ! Thx for that call to action : I've been out the loop of most the starcraft scene lately but will always be willing to support your work ZZZero.
TvT matchup is sometimes worse than jailtime
plast1c
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany101 Posts
October 30 2022 13:31 GMT
#7
subscribed to the patreon, one coffee to go less per month is a no brainer
kinda right, kinda wrong
LV-Hellscream
Profile Joined November 2012
Great Britain154 Posts
October 30 2022 14:33 GMT
#8
Wow, must be expensive in Poland, I live in London Uk where life is much more expensive than in poland, 2500 would be very good money for me. I even would be able to go to holiday to spain or greece with family every 2nd month.
Honestly i wish u can get more and involve korea in this.
LV-Hellscream
Profile Joined November 2012
Great Britain154 Posts
October 30 2022 14:34 GMT
#9
On October 30 2022 14:16 XenOsky wrote:
u shud move to latam...

2.5k / month is hella money here.

And get chopped up for a cellphone
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
October 30 2022 14:43 GMT
#10
start accepting crypto donations
ॐ
Xeln4g4
Profile Joined January 2005
Italy1209 Posts
October 30 2022 20:06 GMT
#11
no offense, but plannig your medium-long term family income on this (basically donation), look a bit optimistic and somehow irresponsible to me. I am not even sure there is a big enough fan base for this (2.500€/month) and it is going to be worse month after month.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
October 30 2022 21:21 GMT
#12
On October 31 2022 05:06 Xeln4g4 wrote:
no offense, but plannig your medium-long term family income on this (basically donation), look a bit optimistic and somehow irresponsible to me. I am not even sure there is a big enough fan base for this (2.500€/month) and it is going to be worse month after month.


This is essentially content creation - many people use this as their long-term income, though it may be more difficult than other types of jobs.
Moderator
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
October 31 2022 05:28 GMT
#13
Thank you so much for what you do for everyone, you provide the biggest best foreigner tournament MULTIPLE times a year. What more can you say? I’ll continue to support, others ought to as well. <3
MineraIs
Profile Joined September 2020
United States846 Posts
October 31 2022 06:58 GMT
#14
On October 31 2022 05:06 Xeln4g4 wrote:
no offense, but plannig your medium-long term family income on this (basically donation), look a bit optimistic and somehow irresponsible to me. I am not even sure there is a big enough fan base for this (2.500€/month) and it is going to be worse month after month.


Pretty sure Artosis makes tripple or more a month for just whining about Protoss.
✯ [ twitch.tv/MrMineraIs ] ✯ [ Check out my Maps: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/612442-official-maps-by-minerals ] ✯
Comedy
Profile Joined March 2016
469 Posts
October 31 2022 11:10 GMT
#15
On October 31 2022 15:58 MineraIs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2022 05:06 Xeln4g4 wrote:
no offense, but plannig your medium-long term family income on this (basically donation), look a bit optimistic and somehow irresponsible to me. I am not even sure there is a big enough fan base for this (2.500€/month) and it is going to be worse month after month.


Pretty sure Artosis makes tripple or more a month for just whining about Protoss.


well the aslenglish patreon alone is 10k a month for commentating 2 tournaments a year with tasteless.
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
October 31 2022 13:09 GMT
#16
This!

On October 31 2022 15:58 MineraIs wrote:
Pretty sure Artosis makes tripple or more a month for just whining about Protoss.


And this!

On October 31 2022 20:10 Comedy wrote:
well the aslenglish patreon alone is 10k a month for commentating 2 tournaments a year with tasteless.


Nice sum up and info by both. Only thing i would add is that ZZZero organises the biggest foreign bw tournaments and asks for what seems to be at best 1/4 of that amount.
music is the best thing in the world
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-10-31 18:35:56
October 31 2022 18:06 GMT
#17
Well the majority of Artosis' fans are primarily Artosis fans, they're secondary BW fans imo.

The issue w/ BSL is giving the viewers something they REALLY wanna see, if funding/income is becoming an issue then the content and everything around it has to be re-evaluated, cus this is something that'll be a reoccurring issue.

Putting in the work is respectable and much appreciated but it's not a sustainable long term business model. Consistent/long term revenue comes from content that people can't live without, that's what BSL needs to capture.

BW is a game so you can't forget about the fun and community building aspect of it, that's the foundation. Gotta have a marathon mindset or it won't be enjoyable for the people involved (players/organizers/casters/viewers) and they'll burn out.
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 31 2022 20:06 GMT
#18
Artosis actually provides an entertaining stream, he gets 100x the viewership of any foreign player, because none of them are even remotely entertaining.

ASL is the most prestigious tournament in all of BW, the thing everyone watches. Of course its patreon will get more support than the sadly inferior foreign scene (both in terms of size and skill level).

I still wish ZZero best of luck with his endeavors, it would be really cool if he could make a living off of BSL.
rafaliusz
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland482 Posts
November 01 2022 09:28 GMT
#19
This guy is the last reason foreign BW scene is alive. I think it's good enough reason to chip in.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
November 01 2022 11:53 GMT
#20
Haven't really watched, but as someone who's been invested in the game for a long time I really appreciate all you're doing to keep the BW scene alive. Joined as a patreon.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 598
Hyuk 440
Leta 71
NaDa 36
TT1 18
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm244
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Other Games
summit1g9795
WinterStarcraft456
Mew2King90
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1048
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2189
League of Legends
• Rush1321
• Lourlo1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h
INu's Battles
7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
Replay Cast
18h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.