• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10681 users

BSL - Season 11 - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
172 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
sm_drgreen
Profile Joined February 2021
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-10 18:02:56
February 10 2021 17:59 GMT
#101
Why don't you just expand the tournament to 64 people like the NCAA basketball tournament? Basically combine Pro league and gosu league.

Consider the top 28 when ladder reset as already qualified, and start another shortened qualifier stage to let another 36 players in. This would create some epic games, and take away any advantages gained by inflated MMRs in certain regions. Also It'll bring fresh blood into big tourny play.

Looking at the ladder there are really only about 5-10 players at most who even have a chance to win this tourny, but then there are about 50 players on that second tier that can give us epic games and are still amazing players. If the goal is to make the best tournament for the BW community, I think this is the way to go.

Nobody wants to see the same players playing each other. This will grow the tournaments popularity in every way.

M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
February 10 2021 18:09 GMT
#102
On February 11 2021 02:59 sm_drgreen wrote:
Why don't you just expand the tournament to 64 people like the NCAA basketball tournament? Basically combine Pro league and gosu league.

Consider the top 28 when ladder reset as already qualified, and start another shortened qualifier stage to let another 36 players in. This would create some epic games, and take away any advantages gained by inflated MMRs in certain regions. Also It'll bring fresh blood into big tourny play.

Looking at the ladder there are really only about 5-10 players at most who even have a chance to win this tourny, but then there are about 50 players on that second tier that can give us epic games and are still amazing players. If the goal is to make the best tournament for the BW community, I think this is the way to go.

Nobody wants to see the same players playing each other. This will grow the tournaments popularity in every way.


32 would be maybe doable, but 64 is way too insane.

Time constraints are a thing you know.
sm_drgreen
Profile Joined February 2021
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-10 18:14:56
February 10 2021 18:13 GMT
#103
Ya but just find a new format, 1 vs 64 - 2 vs 63 and so on bo3 for the first round will cut it to 32 players right away. You don't have to keep the same long drawn out format with this many people. Also that would create epic games and epic upsets while still rewarding the top players in qualifiers.
Q~Bert
Profile Joined June 2006
United States670 Posts
February 10 2021 18:19 GMT
#104
Lol damn I played yesterday and fell out of the Ro24 for fear of losing points to a decay that was never going to happen
aka: Yaj
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
February 10 2021 18:30 GMT
#105
On February 11 2021 03:13 sm_drgreen wrote:
Ya but just find a new format, 1 vs 64 - 2 vs 63 and so on bo3 for the first round will cut it to 32 players right away. You don't have to keep the same long drawn out format with this many people. Also that would create epic games and epic upsets while still rewarding the top players in qualifiers.

Nah.

Current format much better, maybe except returning to full bo1 ro24, I hate that. But that's purely because of the time crunch, from what I understand. Bit of a shame.. but still much better than massive 64 player tournament. Would take too much time to cast it all. Unrealistic.
sm_drgreen
Profile Joined February 2021
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-10 19:35:37
February 10 2021 18:38 GMT
#106
It's already all being casted between gosuleague and pro league. The casting time is no different.

Just looking at Players in the 50's and 60's there are some great players like LancerX - who is the probably the only player who can both beat and lose to anyone in the tourny, Artosis who win or lose will be the most entertaining and watched game. Would be great for ratings, entertainment and would take the same amount of work, you're just combining gosuleague and proleague to make sure nobody gets punished for ladder reset and bad timing.
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
February 10 2021 19:19 GMT
#107
On February 11 2021 03:38 sm_drgreen wrote:
It's already all being casted between gosu league and pro league. The casting time is no different.

You can always write to ZZZero or someone from the BSL team and propose this if you think it's such a great idea, you know.

I'm just telling you it's way too unrealistic to ever come true.

I like the 3 tier split anyways, makes for better GosuLeague games if the participants know that top4 gives them the spot in the next ProLeague. The consistency of the BSL format is quite amazing, actually. I love it.
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
February 10 2021 19:22 GMT
#108
On February 11 2021 04:19 M3t4PhYzX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2021 03:38 sm_drgreen wrote:
It's already all being casted between gosu league and pro league. The casting time is no different.

You can always write to ZZZero or someone from the BSL team and propose this if you think it's such a great idea, you know.

I'm just telling you it's way too unrealistic to ever come true.

I like the 3 tier split anyways, makes for better GosuLeague games if the participants know that top4 gives them the spot in the next ProLeague. The consistency of the BSL format is quite amazing, actually. I love it.


Exactly, it's unrealistic.
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
sm_drgreen
Profile Joined February 2021
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-10 19:51:31
February 10 2021 19:50 GMT
#109
Fake news
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 10 2021 20:12 GMT
#110
seeing as there could not have been a good solution we have to accept with what we got now.. but I will say that the decisions massively favours players who already played a lot and basically makes it impossible for people who wanted to start grinding the last 4-5 days

Additionally I think people understimate how big the difference is between late (ultra late ladder) and early (ultra early). I am not exaggerating when I say that basically during the first ~1-10 Days 2100 seems similiar to 2300 oder 2400.

Totally different ballpark. I mean personally I dont care because I am so inactive and bad that I dont even have a shot at anything.

I think we need to work with what we got..

It is kinda insane though that out of Dewalt, trutaCz, Tarson, Hawk, dsaqwe, DragOn only 3 will qualify simply due to not having as much games as the others. What imho makes this even more absurd and I obv. dont judge or want to stir things up that e.g. Kwark who says he has little time cause of other duties (child,work ect..) has a much higher amount of games and thus profits massively from it - whilst at the same time having claimed to have less time than others or.. generally speaking little time.


Dont get me wrong. I think the solution is fine and I will enjoy bsl as a viewer tremendously but there definitely are a couple of "feels bad" moments for some folks. Seeing as this could not be avoided I wouldnt blame anyone.

Man. Why cant things just work out as planned. This truly sucks.


hatred outlives the hateful
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
February 10 2021 20:29 GMT
#111
On February 11 2021 05:12 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
seeing as there could not have been a good solution we have to accept with what we got now.. but I will say that the decisions massively favours players who already played a lot and basically makes it impossible for people who wanted to start grinding the last 4-5 days

Additionally I think people understimate how big the difference is between late (ultra late ladder) and early (ultra early). I am not exaggerating when I say that basically during the first ~1-10 Days 2100 seems similiar to 2300 oder 2400.

Totally different ballpark. I mean personally I dont care because I am so inactive and bad that I dont even have a shot at anything.

I think we need to work with what we got..

It is kinda insane though that out of Dewalt, trutaCz, Tarson, Hawk, dsaqwe, DragOn only 3 will qualify simply due to not having as much games as the others. What imho makes this even more absurd and I obv. dont judge or want to stir things up that e.g. Kwark who says he has little time cause of other duties (child,work ect..) has a much higher amount of games and thus profits massively from it - whilst at the same time having claimed to have less time than others or.. generally speaking little time.


Dont get me wrong. I think the solution is fine and I will enjoy bsl as a viewer tremendously but there definitely are a couple of "feels bad" moments for some folks. Seeing as this could not be avoided I wouldnt blame anyone.

Man. Why cant things just work out as planned. This truly sucks.




Thanks for your feedback. Players like Dewalt, trutaCz, Tarson, Hawk, dsaqwe, DragOn, StRyKeR, are allowed to play in new ladder, where we will have additional 7-9 seeds.
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 10 2021 20:40 GMT
#112
TOP8 - XX players who will have minimum 20 games goes to BSL11 Gosuleague RO32; (Sum of the games with "old season ladder" needs to be min. 30)

What does this mean for gosu league? The Best 8 of the ladder Phase2 who are not qued for pro league get to gosu league? Dont really understand this. What do u mean by sum? There are two serpate ladders for bsl now if i understood it alright.
hatred outlives the hateful
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
February 10 2021 21:14 GMT
#113
On February 11 2021 05:29 ZZZero.O wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2021 05:12 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
seeing as there could not have been a good solution we have to accept with what we got now.. but I will say that the decisions massively favours players who already played a lot and basically makes it impossible for people who wanted to start grinding the last 4-5 days

Additionally I think people understimate how big the difference is between late (ultra late ladder) and early (ultra early). I am not exaggerating when I say that basically during the first ~1-10 Days 2100 seems similiar to 2300 oder 2400.

Totally different ballpark. I mean personally I dont care because I am so inactive and bad that I dont even have a shot at anything.

I think we need to work with what we got..

It is kinda insane though that out of Dewalt, trutaCz, Tarson, Hawk, dsaqwe, DragOn only 3 will qualify simply due to not having as much games as the others. What imho makes this even more absurd and I obv. dont judge or want to stir things up that e.g. Kwark who says he has little time cause of other duties (child,work ect..) has a much higher amount of games and thus profits massively from it - whilst at the same time having claimed to have less time than others or.. generally speaking little time.


Dont get me wrong. I think the solution is fine and I will enjoy bsl as a viewer tremendously but there definitely are a couple of "feels bad" moments for some folks. Seeing as this could not be avoided I wouldnt blame anyone.

Man. Why cant things just work out as planned. This truly sucks.




Thanks for your feedback. Players like Dewalt, trutaCz, Tarson, Hawk, dsaqwe, DragOn, StRyKeR, are allowed to play in new ladder, where we will have additional 7-9 seeds.

What will the format of the 6 player tournament be, btw? round robin bo3?

Anyways, well done BSL team. This was not an easy task, obviously there was no perfect solution here.
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
February 10 2021 21:15 GMT
#114
We are assuming that TOP7 spots are going to advance to proleague.
Then players from TOP8 till XX* - will qualify to gosuleague.
XX because It depends how many gosuleague players from old ladder will qualify for proleague and how many spots will be given for proleague [7, 8, 9?].

By sum I mean:
If you played 10 games in "old ladder" then you have to play 20 games in "new ladder"
If you haven't played in "old ladder" then you have to play 30 games in "new ladder" in order to qualify to gosuleague.

There is new ladder season from today, untill yesterday there was 'old ladder season' - these are "two separate ladders".
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-10 21:27:38
February 10 2021 21:25 GMT
#115


What will the format of the 6 player tournament be, btw? round robin bo3?

Anyways, well done BSL team. This was not an easy task, obviously there was no perfect solution here.


Probably swiss or round robin. Haven't decided for 100% yet.
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
M3t4PhYzX
Profile Joined March 2019
Poland4289 Posts
February 10 2021 21:36 GMT
#116
On February 11 2021 06:25 ZZZero.O wrote:
Show nested quote +


What will the format of the 6 player tournament be, btw? round robin bo3?

Anyways, well done BSL team. This was not an easy task, obviously there was no perfect solution here.


Probably swiss or round robin. Haven't decided for 100% yet.

Yeah, round robin sounds reasonable with only 6 players.

Thanks for the answer
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 12 2021 09:41 GMT
#117
What happens if you click update ur account with the same name you had before? Will you lose your rating? (e.g : I click update account play with it starting from 0-0; im 3-2 now and have 5 games. I m not visible on the ladder. I click update again)

Or does the ladder not show names with a "!" in it?

Generally speaking: You update your new account than you play?
hatred outlives the hateful
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
February 12 2021 10:40 GMT
#118
https://bombasticstarleague.com/tournaments/bombastic-starleague-11/bsl11-ladder-stage-2

This is new ladder ranking. PM us on discord if you are not appearing here.
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
Hatchet_man
Profile Joined December 2013
Russian Federation249 Posts
February 12 2021 11:52 GMT
#119
On February 12 2021 18:41 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
What happens if you click update ur account with the same name you had before? Will you lose your rating? (e.g : I click update account play with it starting from 0-0; im 3-2 now and have 5 games. I m not visible on the ladder. I click update again)

Or does the ladder not show names with a "!" in it?

Generally speaking: You update your new account than you play?


You need to add yourself once, play at least five games and wait half an hour for rankings to update.
When you're adding yourself again and again you are deleting your account from the ranking and adding new one (or same one in your case)

New ranking is available from he website front page. --> https://bombasticstarleague.com/tournaments/bombastic-starleague-11/bsl11-ladder-stage-2
Links in the announcement still probably lead to old ranking.
ZZZero.O
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland1622 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-02-15 22:21:19
February 15 2021 22:21 GMT
#120
Exactly 5 MORE DAYS left to qualify for BSL11.
There is still 8 more slots left in BSL11 Proleague👑💪

You can check out current BSL11 New Ladder standings here:
https://bombasticstarleague.com/tournaments/bombastic-starleague-11/bsl11-ladder-stage-2
(Players in gold are already qualified, but they are fighting for seed in RO16)

Who are we missing ?🕵️🤔
Are you hyped about our current participants ? ⭐️
Who is your favourite to win BSL11 so far ? ⚡️

[image loading]
https://www.patreon.com/Bombastic || https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Bombastic_StarLeague || https://linktr.ee/bombastic
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft314
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft314
ViBE123
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1923
Artosis 583
Shuttle 540
910 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever665
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox502
Other Games
summit1g7981
JimRising 623
shahzam595
C9.Mang0262
Maynarde122
ArmadaUGS64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick900
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen117
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 36m
Stellar Fest
12h 36m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.