• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:55
CEST 18:55
KST 01:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

Legend latest post on Sina Weibo - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
December 04 2017 06:20 GMT
#21
On December 04 2017 15:15 GTR wrote:
i wonder if the reaction from the community would be the same if larva did this against draco or michael? seems like china gets riled up over anything and everything that embarrasses them.


To be fair, even if Larva had history of his showmanship with his taunting midgame vs Sea, his streaming antics, getting way laid back as tournement progressed, this was bit out of hand. It was really funny and drew tons of attention, but Larva stepped bit far here. He could have done some trollgame builds, but foot was bit too far.

It was bit obvious in hindsight that this was going to happen, since as the tournement progressed, Larva got loosened more and more. Casters reaffirmed this, and he commented last night on stream that "foreigner tournements seem to be very laid back".

Got to his head, drew viewers and controversy. His specialty
NoS-Craig
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia3168 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 06:24:26
December 04 2017 06:20 GMT
#22
Didn't realize everyone would get so riled up from this.

Artosis loves Starcraft
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
December 04 2017 06:22 GMT
#23
On December 04 2017 15:20 NoS-Craig wrote:
Didn't realize everyone would get so riled up from this.


As it tends to be when it involves Chinese/South Korean/Japanese. Its part of the culture to be more riled up than other people expect them to be. Its normal.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:24 GMT
#24
On December 04 2017 15:20 NoS-Craig wrote:
Didn't realize everyone would get so riled up from this.

I didnt mind that he was having fun and I enjoyed his antics between games and enjoyed the terran games because he was still actually playing. But for me being an intentional ass to your opponent in the finals of a tournament just was a little far for me. I am all for having fun but that was just being a dick at at Legends expense
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
sc19980331
Profile Joined March 2017
China1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 06:35:53
December 04 2017 06:29 GMT
#25
Legend's post on 12/1

上一次带键盘鼠标去打线下比赛是七年前在洛杉矶.明天还是这个地方.这次我想是真的最后一次了.因为以前我总是充满自信和憧憬.而这一次我却感觉自己一点兴趣都没有.每个年龄都有自己喜欢的东西.我回不到那个职业选手的时代.那却是我最美好的时光.所以我也要珍惜现在的每一天. ​​​

I will try to translate:
My last bw offline match was in LA 7 yrs ago. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/WCG_2010
The same place, tomorrow, I think it's truly the very Last time for me.
Because I was always confident and looking forward to match before. But I am not that interested this time. I like different things at different age. I can't go back to the era as pro. It was my best time. So I will seize every day now.
TL+ Member
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:31 GMT
#26
On December 04 2017 15:29 sc19980331 wrote:
Legend's post on 12/1
Show nested quote +

上一次带键盘鼠标去打线下比赛是七年前在洛杉矶.明天还是这个地方.这次我想是真的最后一次了.因为以前我总是充满自信和憧憬.而这一次我却感觉自己一点兴趣都没有.每个年龄都有自己喜欢的东西.我回不到那个职业选手的时代.那却是我最美好的时光.所以我也要珍惜现在的每一天. ​​​

I will try to translate:
My last bw offline match was in LA 7 yrs ago. (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/WCG_2010)
The same place, tomorrow, I think it's truly the very Last time for me.
Because I was always confident and looking forward to match before. But I am not that interested this time. I like different things at different age. I can't go back to the era as pro. It was my best time. So I will seize every day now.

Sucks that his last real game went like that
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 06:43:15
December 04 2017 06:40 GMT
#27
**Larva's Official Statement on his Stream page**

Title: To people trying to sturr up trouble from today's final behaviors ^^

I asked ahead of time with the organizers if I could do it or not and they said I could

If you are offended, you don't have to watch ^_^

The present reaction was resolved and everyone took pictures and they said it was cool

Don't worry ^^

http://live.afreecatv.com:8079/app/index.cgi?szBoard=read_bbs&szBjId=dpfgc3&nStationNo=1446782&nBbsNo=0&nTitleNo=28518609&nRowNum=&nPageNo=
RJGooner
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2076 Posts
December 04 2017 06:41 GMT
#28
I enjoy the showmanship but I do think Larva may have gone a little over the top with it to be honest. If I was in Legend's shoes I would be mad as hell too.
#1 Jaehoon Fan! 김재훈 화팅!
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:42 GMT
#29
On December 04 2017 15:40 jinjin5000 wrote:
**Larva's Official Statement on his Stream page**

Title: To people trying to sturr up trouble from today's final behaviors ^^

I asked ahead of time with the organizers if I could do it or not and they said I could

If you are offended, you don't have to watch ^_^

The present reaction was resolved and everyone took pictures and they said it was cool

Don't worry ^^

If he and legend are ok then thats good. It was still shitty but glad he talked to him
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
December 04 2017 06:44 GMT
#30
On December 04 2017 15:22 jinjin5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2017 15:20 NoS-Craig wrote:
Didn't realize everyone would get so riled up from this.


As it tends to be when it involves Chinese/South Korean/Japanese. Its part of the culture to be more riled up than other people expect them to be. Its normal.

Nothing triggers the Chinese more than Taiwan though
CognacLover
Profile Joined January 2016
Poland66 Posts
December 04 2017 06:45 GMT
#31
Why throw punches when the fight is over. It is easy to be bold after the event.
Conservative olsdchooler.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
December 04 2017 06:48 GMT
#32
On December 04 2017 15:45 CognacLover wrote:
Why throw punches when the fight is over. It is easy to be bold after the event.

I assume he didnt want to make a scene at the tournament he was flown out to take part in. Common courtesy
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
sc19980331
Profile Joined March 2017
China1609 Posts
December 04 2017 07:00 GMT
#33
Larva's post http://m.afreecatv.com/dpfgc3/detail/0/28518609

I asked ahead of time with the organizers if I could do it or not and they said I could

Asked http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/INcontroL if he can put feet on keyboard?
TL+ Member
CHEONSOYUN
Profile Joined August 2017
620 Posts
December 04 2017 07:04 GMT
#34
i'm glad they invited larva; we got larva!!
JAEDONG...!!! EFFORT IS ANGRY. ZERG...?!
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 07:14:53
December 04 2017 07:12 GMT
#35
On December 04 2017 16:00 sc19980331 wrote:
Larva's post http://m.afreecatv.com/dpfgc3/detail/0/28518609
Show nested quote +

I asked ahead of time with the organizers if I could do it or not and they said I could

Asked http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/INcontroL if he can put feet on keyboard?


Who the fuck is Incontrol so Larva should ask permission? Was he around when BW was dying and all those pros were teamless participating, streaming 24/7 to live? No! I'm just gonna put it right here:

[image loading]

User was warned for this post
sunbeams are never made like me...
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
December 04 2017 07:16 GMT
#36
The whole thing was even called "Showmatch". From Liquipedia: "Zotac Cup Masters Showmatch is an offline tournament which is sponsored and hosted by Zotac." He wasn't a part of main tournament. Legend, Draco and Larva got paid basically just for arriving there and grabbing some attention from viewers. It wasn't some championship fight, like what the fuck guys. It was showmatch, meant to get attention. Therefore Larva put up a show. You should really chill. What was Larva supposed to do? Get in there, end whole thing in 45 minutes and go home just like that? People would cry about another Korean owning foreigners. This event turned out much better than I expected, he dropped a game to Draco in the beginning and he made finals interesting.

I am 100% sure he asked organizers if they are ok with this, and they most likely agreed because they wanted this showmatch to be as popular as possible. I understand that Legend might feel disrespected but come on. Like I said he wasn't fighting for championship, he isn't full time player unlike Larva (correct me if I am wrong), and got paid a lot of money for being a part of showmatch. Did he really treat this final like ASL finals?
Be the change you want to see in the world.
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 04 2017 07:17 GMT
#37
really? is this foot called beyond the game?
Shame on e-game.......
apm200 terran play for fun
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 04 2017 07:25 GMT
#38
On December 04 2017 16:16 Netto. wrote:
The whole thing was even called "Showmatch". ?


so you said it is called Showmatch.I agree. but is is not a Footshow.

Legend is not a full-time player now,but he used to be a SKT1 pro.

Larva may nuke or face-hatch in the game,It is okey. Because it is a showmatch.

But using foot?it is too much.
apm200 terran play for fun
hlw
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia1 Post
December 04 2017 07:25 GMT
#39
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
December 04 2017 07:26 GMT
#40
I only feel bad for the keyboard.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 111
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 58
Barracks 58
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 797
pashabiceps705
x6flipin587
ceh9384
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3969
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
DeMusliM170
Liquid`VortiX146
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr59
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile125
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade851
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 5m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.