• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7405 users

Tasteless and Artosis will cast VNSL semi-finals and final…

Forum Index > BW General
367 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Wray92
Profile Joined December 2015
22 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-18 23:02:47
January 18 2016 23:02 GMT
#301
On January 19 2016 07:17 Arvendilin wrote:
Tho it kinda sucks that BisuDagger and xkcd are getting fucked a bit with this :/

Am I the only one who's not really seeing this argument? Bringing more people into the scene is going to benefit *every* commentator in the long run.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 00:01:41
January 18 2016 23:21 GMT
#302
On January 19 2016 08:02 Wray92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 07:17 Arvendilin wrote:
Tho it kinda sucks that BisuDagger and xkcd are getting fucked a bit with this :/

Am I the only one who's not really seeing this argument? Bringing more people into the scene is going to benefit *every* commentator in the long run.

That's not what he means. I think it's awesome they returned and I hope that it's permanent. If they replace us permanently as casters for next NSL, then that's totally cool. It's the fact that xkcd and i were hired for a job and didn't get to see it through on our own. We were the first SC1 paid casters since SC2 was released and it took a lot of commitment from so many people to get us to this point.We worked hard to be where we are in a very small community that we love and are just very proud.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 18 2016 23:27 GMT
#303
On January 19 2016 08:21 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 08:02 Wray92 wrote:
On January 19 2016 07:17 Arvendilin wrote:
Tho it kinda sucks that BisuDagger and xkcd are getting fucked a bit with this :/

Am I the only one who's not really seeing this argument? Bringing more people into the scene is going to benefit *every* commentator in the long run.

That's not what he means. I think it's awesome they returned and I hope that it's permanent. If they replace us permanently as casters for next NSL, then that's totally cool. It's the fact that xkcd and i were hired for a job and didn't get to see it through on our own. We were the first SC1 paid casters since SC2 was released and it took a lot of commitment from so any people to get us to this point.We worked hard to be where we are in a very small community that we love and are just very proud.


Consider your job as the jumpstart which brought us BW back.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tanngard
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway1325 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 00:51:10
January 19 2016 00:50 GMT
#304
On January 19 2016 08:21 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 08:02 Wray92 wrote:
On January 19 2016 07:17 Arvendilin wrote:
Tho it kinda sucks that BisuDagger and xkcd are getting fucked a bit with this :/

Am I the only one who's not really seeing this argument? Bringing more people into the scene is going to benefit *every* commentator in the long run.

That's not what he means. I think it's awesome they returned and I hope that it's permanent. If they replace us permanently as casters for next NSL, then that's totally cool. It's the fact that xkcd and i were hired for a job and didn't get to see it through on our own. We were the first SC1 paid casters since SC2 was released and it took a lot of commitment from so many people to get us to this point.We worked hard to be where we are in a very small community that we love and are just very proud.

I give you my respect Bisudagger. I think you and xkcd have done a great job and i hope you gentlemen continue commentating BW leagues. I will definitivily watch both casts seeing as we have come this far together and i want to find out how the story ends. Beginning with the bronze match on the 21st! Can Sharp get his first ever medal??
ErectedZenith
Profile Joined January 2016
325 Posts
January 19 2016 01:14 GMT
#305
On January 19 2016 08:21 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 08:02 Wray92 wrote:
On January 19 2016 07:17 Arvendilin wrote:
Tho it kinda sucks that BisuDagger and xkcd are getting fucked a bit with this :/

Am I the only one who's not really seeing this argument? Bringing more people into the scene is going to benefit *every* commentator in the long run.

That's not what he means. I think it's awesome they returned and I hope that it's permanent. If they replace us permanently as casters for next NSL, then that's totally cool. It's the fact that xkcd and i were hired for a job and didn't get to see it through on our own. We were the first SC1 paid casters since SC2 was released and it took a lot of commitment from so many people to get us to this point.We worked hard to be where we are in a very small community that we love and are just very proud.


I just want to say thanks you for keeping foreigner's interest in BW alive for the last couple of months. Hopefully they paid you guys well.
mel0n
Profile Joined February 2015
Australia13 Posts
January 19 2016 03:10 GMT
#306
On January 14 2016 11:35 NiGoL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 08:43 Freezard wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:30 NiGoL wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:22 Freezard wrote:
Haven't watched BW since it all died off, would defo watch BW again if Tasteless and/or Artosis returns. Tried to find VODs for the VNSL tournament that is going on currently but there doesn't seem to be any small VOD thread like there used to be. Anyway, I don't care much about SC2 anymore, I only watch the really big events and even then I mostly have it on in the background... it just never was as exciting to watch (or play) as BW was. Hopefully BW can return once LotV fades off and the modern BW version is released.


I've been talking to a few pros and they think that LotV is way better than the previous expansion. It's fast paced and everything is just better. But the fact that sc2 imo is a very bad game compared to broodwar might be enough for LotV to die as a game. Just watch the viewers count on twitch and it says a lot. even tho it might get higher with LotV.


I have watched some LotV and yes it's definitely an improvement, but like you said I think it's a little bit too late. SC2 is still SC2 and LotV is what it should have been on release (many pros also said this). I like that LotV is more micro oriented because that's the fun part when it comes to spectating, although it's still just a group of units vs another group of units with some shooting back and forth.

It's not impossible that BW returns because BW died because of SC2, and if SC2 dies... well, why not bring back the game whose scene just abruptly ended? Of course I'm talking about some kind of HD version of BW being released as well for it to happen, it wouldn't be the first time people go back to an old game that was modernized.

On January 14 2016 08:38 tanngard wrote:
On January 14 2016 08:22 Freezard wrote:
Haven't watched BW since it all died off, would defo watch BW again if Tasteless and/or Artosis returns. Tried to find VODs for the VNSL tournament that is going on currently but there doesn't seem to be any small VOD thread like there used to be. Anyway, I don't care much about SC2 anymore, I only watch the really big events and even then I mostly have it on in the background... it just never was as exciting to watch (or play) as BW was. Hopefully BW can return once LotV fades off and the modern BW version is released.

No small VOD thread? Just look at the tournament section and you will find small VOD thread 2.0. We got everything on there.


Ah thanks! I've been away too long from these forums, I was looking in the general thread Now I'll watch some BW for sure, especially since I saw Bisu was playing :D



HD version of BW? You mean some type of BW Remake or a new expansion with better graphics and same playstyle? Yeah if that happens IT MIGHT happen. But they haven't announced anything close to that happening.

Yes BW died because SC2 was released. Also because BW foreign scene had almost no competitive tournaments left except teamliquids own tournament. Which affects every pro player to play this game. No money no motivation anymore. The thing that made BW so good even before the money came to the scene was that people played it with passion/love for the game. StarCraft2 never had that because it started with tournament winnings/salaries and streaming.

The passion is not there anymore for people who played BW. The only reason pros would pick BW over any popular game these days if the game was PUMPED with money and tournaments offline/online and companies supporting . I can't see that happening at all. And another type of BW coming out wont happen either, I'm pretty sure of that. And i think i read some statement from the blizzard employees that it wont. I'm not 100% sure of this but I think I've seen it somewhere before SC2 came out.

People still love BW and plays it occasionally under smurf nicks.


Blizz wouldn't make BW: HD because it would take attention away from SC2 where they have already invested quite a lot of money and marketing. It's the same reason they don't give the BW scene attention now because it could be harmful to their SC2 scene and with how easy it is to pirate BW and start playing iCCUP they could kill SC2 (even more than already have). It's a shame that SC2 and BW can't exist competitively like Melee and Smash 4 do. Smash 4 is for a newer and more casual audience while Melee is for a more hardcore and older audience. Smash 4 has no longevity and I'm sure it will be dead long before Melee simply because it's nowhere as deep and I'm afraid that SC2 will probably suffer the same fate no matter what Blizzard does. The best we can hope for BW is that Korea continues to support it and the small foreign scene continues to be interested.
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 19 2016 04:32 GMT
#307
Blizz actively tried to kill BW for the last years. For so many years they couldnt even fix the official b.net server, so people cannot host or join without waiting minutes, or create games without port forwarding. Also the licensing fees on OGN
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ErectedZenith
Profile Joined January 2016
325 Posts
January 19 2016 04:57 GMT
#308
On January 19 2016 13:32 duke91 wrote:
Blizz actively tried to kill BW for the last years. For so many years they couldnt even fix the official b.net server, so people cannot host or join without waiting minutes, or create games without port forwarding. Also the licensing fees on OGN


I think Blizz is slowly giving up though.

I think they definitely broke even for their money and marketing team for SC2.

Their esport department focuses more on that card game and TF2 ripoff.
nG.Templar
Profile Joined May 2015
France32 Posts
January 19 2016 09:43 GMT
#309
On January 19 2016 03:30 Qikz wrote:
It's so surreal seeing people make a Broodwar cast accessible for SC2 viewers hahaha. Used to be the opposite.

I think I prefer it this way

Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 03:17 ICanFlyLow wrote:
VODS?


http://afreeca.tv/36855042/v/20953

Watching now, you can seriously tell Tasteless was having way more fun doing this compared to when he casts SC2. It's like watching a different person entirely.


Totaly agree, I rarely watch Sc2 but when I'm watching it,I feel like Tasteless dont realy care of the game anymore. It was a pleasure yesterday to hear someone so passionate about Brood War. I'm so hyped for saturday *_*, keep up this good work Tastosis !
[ Iccup ID : nG.TemplAr ] Fan boy of : Baby ~ FireBatHero ~ PianO ~ JangBi ~ Free ~ sAviOr ~ Jaedong
Arvendilin
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany1878 Posts
January 19 2016 10:08 GMT
#310
On January 19 2016 18:43 nG.Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 03:30 Qikz wrote:
It's so surreal seeing people make a Broodwar cast accessible for SC2 viewers hahaha. Used to be the opposite.

I think I prefer it this way

On January 19 2016 03:17 ICanFlyLow wrote:
VODS?


http://afreeca.tv/36855042/v/20953

Watching now, you can seriously tell Tasteless was having way more fun doing this compared to when he casts SC2. It's like watching a different person entirely.


Totaly agree, I rarely watch Sc2 but when I'm watching it,I feel like Tasteless dont realy care of the game anymore. It was a pleasure yesterday to hear someone so passionate about Brood War. I'm so hyped for saturday *_*, keep up this good work Tastosis !

Idk with LotV he seems pretty hyped again, lets see the measurement for how good the game is I guess how fast his hype dies down :D
My heroes: Jangbi, Bisu, Stork and BeSt for BW, Rain, Zest and Stats for SC2! Need a better Signature tbh...
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 11:19:15
January 19 2016 10:56 GMT
#311
Does anyone know where I can find vods for the casts?

edit: http://afreeca.tv/36855042/v/20953 found them.
nG.Templar
Profile Joined May 2015
France32 Posts
January 19 2016 11:09 GMT
#312
On January 19 2016 19:56 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find vods for the casts?


I cant find english version but games with korean commentators are available.
[ Iccup ID : nG.TemplAr ] Fan boy of : Baby ~ FireBatHero ~ PianO ~ JangBi ~ Free ~ sAviOr ~ Jaedong
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
January 19 2016 11:19 GMT
#313
On January 19 2016 20:09 nG.Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 19:56 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find vods for the casts?


I cant find english version but games with korean commentators are available.



http://afreeca.tv/36855042/v/20953

found Vods.
nG.Templar
Profile Joined May 2015
France32 Posts
January 19 2016 13:37 GMT
#314
On January 19 2016 20:19 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 20:09 nG.Templar wrote:
On January 19 2016 19:56 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find vods for the casts?


I cant find english version but games with korean commentators are available.



http://afreeca.tv/36855042/v/20953

found Vods.


Thank you dude.
[ Iccup ID : nG.TemplAr ] Fan boy of : Baby ~ FireBatHero ~ PianO ~ JangBi ~ Free ~ sAviOr ~ Jaedong
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7079 Posts
January 19 2016 13:56 GMT
#315
i watched the entire cast in the gsl stream @twitch
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 14:42:58
January 19 2016 14:42 GMT
#316
Seems like it was a success. The key is still that they brought it to twitch imo.



I'm sure more than 10k will watch for the final.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
valas991
Profile Joined September 2014
Hungary181 Posts
January 19 2016 16:42 GMT
#317
On January 19 2016 23:42 Musicus wrote:
Seems like it was a success. The key is still that they brought it to twitch imo.

https://twitter.com/CallMeTasteless/status/689124701424250880

I'm sure more than 10k will watch for the final.


Yeah, I was glad I could watch in on twitch.
Are they going to cast the bronze match? Any info about that?
"Men Live And Die, Memories Form And Fade, Everything Has Its End... Except Music... Music Will Never Die..."
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 16:56:20
January 19 2016 16:56 GMT
#318
On January 20 2016 01:42 valas991 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 23:42 Musicus wrote:
Seems like it was a success. The key is still that they brought it to twitch imo.

https://twitter.com/CallMeTasteless/status/689124701424250880

I'm sure more than 10k will watch for the final.


Yeah, I was glad I could watch in on twitch.
Are they going to cast the bronze match? Any info about that?


I'll be casting it with bisudagger here at http://afreeca.tv/nsl1 as per usual
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
valas991
Profile Joined September 2014
Hungary181 Posts
January 19 2016 18:26 GMT
#319
On January 20 2016 01:56 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 01:42 valas991 wrote:
On January 19 2016 23:42 Musicus wrote:
Seems like it was a success. The key is still that they brought it to twitch imo.

https://twitter.com/CallMeTasteless/status/689124701424250880

I'm sure more than 10k will watch for the final.


Yeah, I was glad I could watch in on twitch.
Are they going to cast the bronze match? Any info about that?


I'll be casting it with bisudagger here at http://afreeca.tv/nsl1 as per usual


Thank you. I'll check it out!
"Men Live And Die, Memories Form And Fade, Everything Has Its End... Except Music... Music Will Never Die..."
Caspas
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany157 Posts
January 19 2016 19:19 GMT
#320
I'd be more than willing to pay 3 times the money on tastosis-bw-cast than on sc2-gsl if there 's similar amount of content,
Paypal-payment option and youtube--vods within 4 hrs.
So @afreecatv: when is it ready?
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 113
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2206
HiyA 276
Mong 125
Shinee 76
sorry 31
Noble 17
NotJumperer 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor47
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft614
Other Games
summit1g7426
Coldzera 743
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft217
RuFF_SC234
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2149
League of Legends
• Rush1531
• Lourlo1334
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 44m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.