• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13477 users

Tasteless Quotes Appreciation Thread - Page 24

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
Capuano
Profile Joined April 2008
United States28 Posts
November 29 2008 01:05 GMT
#461
Oh my God. The clip of Tasteless eating a hotdog in the 2nd quotes video had me laughing for a good minute.
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
December 01 2008 23:07 GMT
#462
I'm shocked that no one has posted this yet... so I'm using my first post here on TL to correct a glaring oversight:

*ahem*

"You'se a fine little Terran, won't you back that tank up!"

this was followed by two other mini-raps later on in that evening's games, I'll try to get them all later.

Nothing entertains me quite like those Tasteless highlight videos, so I'm going to do my part and record the funny things Tasteless says in the VODs I watch, thus:

Tosky vs Goojila g1:
"Look at those teeth... it could bite a nerd's face right off. We may see him do something of the sort here to Kal."

"Kal is 'knife' in Korean, he actually carries one right underneath that jacket so he can shank a nerd if he gets too close." -Nick
"I don't know about that..." -Susie

the best part of this is that it's quickly followed by...

"He's known for his high templar hit and run kind of moves where he just brings in one guy, takes out that knife of his, stabs 'em--" -Susie
"Starts shankin' nerds all over the place!" -Nick

"That's what Tasteless would do. Make a bracelet--WWTD?"

"Boom. Kal. He stabs nerds. 'Cuz that's what his name means--knife. It's funny, it's not just like a random statement I'm making. In case you just joined us."
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
December 02 2008 05:20 GMT
#463
midas vs BackHo g1

Game starts. Observer screen appears. Music begins, and Nick starts speaking:

"..Some girl running in here and she just totally fell over and tripped trying to get back here to see this game. I love my job, I really do. I am a happy man OH MY GOD BackHo is going to do a proxy--"

Later...
"You might have thought I was sitting on a toilet, I am not, I actually have pants on right now, it's just-- it's not easy being a caster! It's not." -Nick
"Because you have to wear pants?" -Susie, skeptically
"Yeah, I know. It's tough. The things-- the oppression, the oppression, that casters have to feel..." -Nick

So, if I keep doing this, is someone going to collect the clips and make videos? ; )
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
December 02 2008 18:22 GMT
#464
Oh man, I don't know what game this is in, but it's worth posting. From the same day of broadcasts as my posts above:

"Hey, Susie, what do you call a whole bunch of Scourge making love at once?" -N
"..?" -S
"A Sc-orgy!" -N
_Grazze_
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
834 Posts
December 02 2008 18:29 GMT
#465
"A Sc-orgy!" -N


Hahah, that's brilliant!

Nice quotes btw
CutietosS
Profile Joined December 2008
United States13 Posts
December 02 2008 21:34 GMT
#466
"most protoss players don't know this, but you can actually use a dragoon to scout" <333
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-02 21:36:53
December 02 2008 21:36 GMT
#467
On December 03 2008 03:22 Delerium wrote:
Oh man, I don't know what game this is in, but it's worth posting. From the same day of broadcasts as my posts above:

"Hey, Susie, what do you call a whole bunch of Scourge making love at once?" -N
"..?" -S
"A Sc-orgy!" -N


Hahaha, aye, that was brilliant. He sounded so proud of himself when he said it too.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-03 03:31:32
December 03 2008 00:10 GMT
#468
I love watching GOM but ever since my sound card fucked up, the background music always gets in the way of the commentaries x(

EDIT:
[image loading]


THIS IS AWESOME.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
yrag89
Profile Joined July 2008
Malaysia315 Posts
December 03 2008 09:08 GMT
#469
Season 1 Gomtv with a single caster, there was alot of void especially during early games as theres no question and answers interaction. I find it abit boring.

However during Season 2 I find it very fun and exciting because of the introduction of Susie. This way, there is an interaction between two people with two different levels of experience filled with questions and answers just like Newton 2nd law. Also, he have someone to joke with instead of laughing himself after the joke.

Just like during this year's wcg, Tasteless and David(?) Lee also both have two different experience which Nick can ask about the strategy, the enviroment as a couch etc. It's always interaction. Try compare the korean commentators if it's only a single caster, it will be dull and boring.

On topic,
I find this quite funny for me,
Susie: ? What just happend?
Tasteless: It seems 1 of the egg has just been aborted.
Susie: Aw thats sad...
secondly morrow is a korean pro who plays terran what the hell did you expect lol - charlie420247
warribbons
Profile Joined November 2008
51 Posts
December 03 2008 16:02 GMT
#470
"That defiler doesn't look too impressed about the fact that he has been irradiated"

"Damn, being irradiated would suck."
^___^
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
December 03 2008 16:48 GMT
#471
More on the off-topic topic; since I've been posting Tasteless quotes that include Susie Kim, I'm going to take a moment to weigh in on the topic of Susie & Nick casting together. I've wanted to make a post like this for a long time. People's offensive attitudes towards Susie really rub me the wrong way. I've written quite a few anonymous comments on GOM TV's site in response to rude users who suggest that Susie be "fired", tell her to "stop talking," etc.

These people have absolutely no hindsight. Nick struggled to fill dead air during the GSI and classic season 1. It was painful to watch and listen to, not because he did a bad job, but because he was trying to do a job that, on the Korean side, is performed by three people, and he did it all without being able to translate anything. It was painful because you felt bad for him, because you were watching someone struggle to do the impossible. With all the obstacles Nick had, he still did a great job and got me hooked on Tasteless.

That said, I was overjoyed the first time I saw Susie sitting next to Nick, and not just because she's a good-looking twenty-something like me ; ) "At long last," I said to myself, "someone is on the international broadcast who can tell us what the Korean signs in the audience mean!" She is doing exactly what she was asked to do, which is support and flesh out Nick's commentating.

In my opinion, she goes above and beyond. She gets the juicy gossip that makes sports drama so interesting. It's always better watching a competition if you know the competitors have a history with/against each other. For a casual viewer like me, it injects excitement into games that otherwise I wouldn't even bother watching.

It doesn't hurt that she is nice to look at, either. Seriously. Nick is a good-looking guy, and I don't mind staring into his French mug for a while, but there's something to be said for gender diversity, especially in television. I can listen to Nick drone on in a goofy way for a long time, but breaking it up with a female voice really lends the show some pleasant variety.

And, as has already been stated repeatedly by others, one broadcaster talking to himself is not good television. Add a second person so they can interact, and then you're getting somewhere. The Koreans always have three (and half the time, the lead commentator is a good-looking Korean woman--just like Susie).

As an apology for this rant, I'll leave you with another game's worth of quotes:

Tossgirl v Modern g1

"I do want to apologize, I do have a little bit of a cold, I have a little tickle in my throat, but... I have not talked all day up until this moment, to save my voice." -Nick
"..And that, I will tell you, is pretty difficult for Nick to do, as he does like to speak--" -Susie
"--I am very good at talking." -Nick

And here's a great series:
"I cannot believe Modern is still on the Mutalisk tech. He does have a lot of Mutas, though!"
followed by:
"More Mutas! My god, he's still making Mutalisks! I feel like I'm in a time warp where the teching patterns never progress."
Later..
"Look! He did something besides make Mutalisks!"

After, inevitably, the stack of Mutalisks eats Tossgirl's irradiate and Modern, predictably, does not separate them in time...
"I hope those Mutalisks have insurance. ... I give this game maybe one or two more minutes."
Lamentations
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia211 Posts
December 04 2008 13:06 GMT
#472
I am not a fan of Susie at all. All the better quotes were season1 and the GSI.

The matches where they kept talking about Charles were awesome;

"...I'd have to say Charles has a better body though"
"Yeah but <Player> has better Zerg, SUP CHARLES"
Bogus is like "nerdy cute", whereas Lomo is like "I would make him wear a dress and rape him" cute -Turbovolver
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
December 04 2008 17:13 GMT
#473
Not Tasteless, but from GOM, 4 pictures story. Features Jaedong, at least now we know for sure he's straight .

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
December 04 2008 19:38 GMT
#474
I really hope Susie sees those pictures.
Graphics
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
December 04 2008 20:03 GMT
#475
On December 05 2008 02:13 Magic84 wrote:
Not Tasteless, but from GOM, 4 pictures story. Features Jaedong, at least now we know for sure he's straight .

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

And now we know why he lost - couldn't keep his eyes on his screen.
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
December 04 2008 22:56 GMT
#476
On December 05 2008 04:38 SilverskY wrote:
I really hope Susie sees those pictures.


Roumor has it that they're already in a hotelroom together (not really, I just made it up but JD is a DAWG.)

But think about it, you're in a house full of dudes 24/7, you share your room. I don't know about you guys, but I can't go longer then a week without wacking one out. And when I was in their age, then it was atleast 3 times a day!

I think STX has to keep tossgirl separated from the others (that's why she's not as good anymore), cause the others would jump her otherwise.
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
Xela
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada203 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-05 23:39:49
December 05 2008 23:39 GMT
#477
don't know if this has been posted yet:

jaedong VS tempest game2:
susie:"game is starting in 3 minutes

tasteless:"that doesn't bother me at all, I can go get some more water"

tasteless:"actually this cup is the water cup(shows a cup) and this is the cup(shows another cup) for ehmm....I drink the tears of noobies I've slain on ICCUP."

Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 06 2008 18:07 GMT
#478
Good one, I hope it hasn't been posted:
Midas vs BackHo Game 2 @ Neo Requiem

"Comsat station almost done... Then Midas can scan and see how badly he's losing this game... I don't know what to say."
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
December 08 2008 12:50 GMT
#479
On December 05 2008 04:38 SilverskY wrote:
I really hope Susie sees those pictures.

I hope so too.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
December 08 2008 12:52 GMT
#480
Those are some funny pictures.
김택용 Fighting!
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 606
soO 508
Hyuk 451
Killer 76
Mong 48
Shinee 44
Mind 36
Bale 23
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 9
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever948
XaKoH 734
XcaliburYe187
League of Legends
JimRising 501
Counter-Strike
byalli98
Other Games
summit1g9596
olofmeister750
ceh9547
Happy320
Livibee163
crisheroes93
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1285
• Stunt420
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 58m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.