• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

BW General Discussion - Page 76

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 522 Next
DiMiaN
Profile Joined October 2013
Finland306 Posts
September 10 2014 19:05 GMT
#1501
On September 10 2014 02:07 Filco wrote:
I have moved to a student dorm two weeks ago. I have access to a very good and fast university wi-fi network, but I can't connect to sc1 using it. iCCup is written in red in the list of ladders, and I receive the impossible to connect to battle.net message. I seem to be able to play sc2 thou. Don't understand why...

Reason you cant even connect to servers is university have blocked them. Nothing wrong on your end its their network.
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
September 10 2014 20:34 GMT
#1502
When I was at college I connected to bnet through a free VPN called hotspot shield. Maybe it still works? http://www.hotspotshield.com/
Moderator
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
September 10 2014 21:50 GMT
#1503
That's what I was thinking about : VPNs. I was about to ask you if I could bypass the fact that my university blocks the ports used for P2P (which BW also uses) using a VPN. I don't know why but I really think that bw won't like that.
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
September 10 2014 22:00 GMT
#1504
On September 11 2014 05:34 pheer wrote:
When I was at college I connected to bnet through a free VPN called hotspot shield. Maybe it still works? http://www.hotspotshield.com/


Can I marry you? It took me 5 minuts, and I am now able to play again. It's as simple as that. You are AWESOME!
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
September 10 2014 22:18 GMT
#1505
Now I have to portforward somehow... hehehe, I'll try to find the router, manually change the password and then portforward hehehe... Well that's illegal... shit... Mca won't work automatically, since the protections of the wi-fi are not broken by the VPN... any idea how I could be able to create whithout manually portforward? Could MCA help me here actually? It's the last step before I can go back to playing a lot of bw, and uploading a lot of it in youtube.
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
September 11 2014 03:32 GMT
#1506
Oh man, when I was in Germany I had to use VPNs to play BW, hotspotshield being one of them. I think I found superior ones. Like bestfreevpn. I dunno, it was a crap shoot, you can get ones that kinda work for free. If you cough up money I imagine they're more reliable/faster (though you don't much much speed for BW) but I never ended up paying.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-11 03:34:44
September 11 2014 03:34 GMT
#1507
On September 11 2014 07:18 Filco wrote:
Now I have to portforward somehow... hehehe, I'll try to find the router, manually change the password and then portforward hehehe... Well that's illegal... shit... Mca won't work automatically, since the protections of the wi-fi are not broken by the VPN... any idea how I could be able to create whithout manually portforward? Could MCA help me here actually? It's the last step before I can go back to playing a lot of bw, and uploading a lot of it in youtube.


You are asking a lot here sir. My answer would be you can't host, at least I never was able to. You are talking about circumventing your blocked servers/ports/"technology words" with a VPN AND being able to host... very demanding.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
September 11 2014 13:31 GMT
#1508
I know it has been like 2 years since the BW to SC2 switch, but with the recent exodus from SKT (Fantasy, PartinG and Rain aka by.Sun) I would like to believe that Fantasy's gonna switch back to BW and wreck the scene.

I know it's unlikely, but a man is allowed to dream, isn't he?!?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/466762-rain-parting-fantasy-to-part-ways-with-sk-telecom
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 11 2014 14:01 GMT
#1509
On September 11 2014 22:31 thezanursic wrote:
I know it has been like 2 years since the BW to SC2 switch, but with the recent exodus from SKT (Fantasy, PartinG and Rain aka by.Sun) I would like to believe that Fantasy's gonna switch back to BW and wreck the scene.

I know it's unlikely, but a man is allowed to dream, isn't he?!?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/466762-rain-parting-fantasy-to-part-ways-with-sk-telecom

I think it's quite possible that he can be back. Foreign teams aren't looking to pick up much (1-2 at best) and aside from namesake, there are better T options out there for them.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
September 11 2014 14:58 GMT
#1510
then again fantasy is streaming SC2....:/
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 11 2014 15:48 GMT
#1511
On September 11 2014 23:58 BLinD-RawR wrote:
then again fantasy is streaming SC2....:/

doesn't mean he can't make a cameo appearance just for LoveTV
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
September 11 2014 16:45 GMT
#1512
I want a serious fantasy not some half assed cameo entry.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 11 2014 16:57 GMT
#1513
On September 12 2014 01:45 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I want a serious fantasy not some half assed cameo entry.

who doesn't?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
September 11 2014 17:00 GMT
#1514
On September 12 2014 01:57 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2014 01:45 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I want a serious fantasy not some half assed cameo entry.

who doesn't?

You mean you didn't enjoy JangBi's performance in SSL9? :p
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 11 2014 17:20 GMT
#1515
On September 12 2014 02:00 HyralGambit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2014 01:57 BigFan wrote:
On September 12 2014 01:45 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I want a serious fantasy not some half assed cameo entry.

who doesn't?

You mean you didn't enjoy JangBi's performance in SSL9? :p

Please don't remind me of that. That was a catastrophe -_- I was pretty excited to see what he can do but then the way he played was pretty infuriating for someone of his level imo.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
September 15 2014 12:11 GMT
#1516
am i tripping or Scan is now (finally) unbanned and featured on tl?
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-15 13:58:16
September 15 2014 13:56 GMT
#1517
On September 15 2014 21:11 ne4aJIb wrote:
am i tripping or Scan is now (finally) unbanned and featured on tl?


Yup he's back.

Now I wish sziky can get good comp and stream too
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
September 19 2014 13:18 GMT
#1518
I've taken/am taking a break from casting Starcraft. The past couple weeks I had completely checked out of the Brood War scene. I feel like I've made too many promises to the community and to myself on what I wanted to accomplish for the BW scene and can't follow through with them within in a time frame that fits my standard.. I'm sorry for my sudden disappearance, I just wanted to fill anyone interested in. I'll continue staff involvement and hopefully I'll work my way slowly back into providing Brood War content, I'm just not sure it will involve casting since it has been too time consuming mixed with my current RL work schedule.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
September 19 2014 13:25 GMT
#1519
We love you, b-dag
Moderator
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
September 19 2014 16:38 GMT
#1520
Haha I read that as d-bag... Take care and don't burn out bisudagger!
Moderator
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM734
TKL 245
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 734
ByuN 315
TKL 245
mouzHeroMarine 84
UpATreeSC 78
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26441
Calm 3344
Shuttle 1136
Horang2 517
Soulkey 204
Rush 133
Dewaltoss 118
Mind 69
hero 62
Zeus 59
[ Show more ]
sorry 39
Free 36
Hyun 35
Trap 22
Killer 20
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 17
PianO 17
Rock 15
Aegong 15
JYJ 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7260
Dendi1211
League of Legends
KnowMe46
Counter-Strike
fl0m4165
x6flipin750
Fnx 597
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing1712
Liquid`RaSZi1458
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
crisheroes227
dupreeh192
420jenkins143
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr87
JuggernautJason12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 16
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3234
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2617
• TFBlade600
Other Games
• Shiphtur843
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 42m
INu's Battles
17h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 42m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.