• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

BW General Discussion - Page 62

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 523 Next
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5964 Posts
July 11 2014 09:51 GMT
#1221
Also, liquibets were sometimes added on a very short notice before a game. Pretty much why I stopped bothering betting.
FBH #1!
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
July 11 2014 15:56 GMT
#1222
On July 11 2014 18:51 Peeano wrote:
Also, liquibets were sometimes added on a very short notice before a game. Pretty much why I stopped bothering betting.

It's usually a problem with Sonic/LoveTV announcing things on a very tight schedule, and with lots of changes. It's hard to do everything long before :S
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
fastluck
Profile Joined January 2014
United States22 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-12 04:50:08
July 12 2014 04:49 GMT
#1223
Can I be an ass and just link this here?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/games/461788-warcraft-ii-free-download-tournament-2000
$2000 prize for this tournament, and no one in the war2 community has ever played any game at anything near a professional level...
war2 for life
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
July 12 2014 09:31 GMT
#1224
[image loading]
PvPGN has been(almost completely) translated to Spanish, other languages are coming soon
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
July 12 2014 09:57 GMT
#1225
what's pvpgn? Is it a ladder? More people or less than iccup?
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
RushWifDietCoke
Profile Joined May 2008
United States488 Posts
July 12 2014 14:20 GMT
#1226
On July 11 2014 04:02 pheer wrote:
I recently started playing cash games with my buddy, we 1v1 on iccup and for ever completed minute of gameplay, the winner earns 1¢. A 5-minute cheese game earns you five cents, so the incentive is to prolong the game and make your opponent think they can still win, thus earning a bit more money. It adds a little something extra to the game strategy. I think if you're a stronger macro player it will benefit you though. I'm more micro-oriented so it's teaching me to focus on macro and expanding. I'm down $1.22 right now after ~9 games of this... trying to win it back


That sounds fun, I might give that a try with my friend.
Nothing to it but to do it.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
July 12 2014 14:35 GMT
#1227
On July 11 2014 04:02 pheer wrote:
I recently started playing cash games with my buddy, we 1v1 on iccup and for ever completed minute of gameplay, the winner earns 1¢. A 5-minute cheese game earns you five cents, so the incentive is to prolong the game and make your opponent think they can still win, thus earning a bit more money. It adds a little something extra to the game strategy. I think if you're a stronger macro player it will benefit you though. I'm more micro-oriented so it's teaching me to focus on macro and expanding. I'm down $1.22 right now after ~9 games of this... trying to win it back


Want some help ^^
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Selenus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States166 Posts
July 13 2014 16:32 GMT
#1228
Hi everyone!

I made a wallpaper from a replay I found on the site. I wanted to see how BW looks in full screen, native resolution. I think it looks pretty cool.

DesTiny vs SeriOus (2560x1440)

If there's any interest for more of these, I could make a thread and take requests.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
July 13 2014 18:33 GMT
#1229
A TvZ one would be awesome. o.o
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
July 14 2014 00:47 GMT
#1230
http://www.twitch.tv/bonyth
unlisted stream
ace hwaiting!!
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
July 14 2014 16:16 GMT
#1231
Ok guys I'm in Seoul for a couple more days, tell me shit to do. I've visited COEX mall thinking I'd find the Yonsang eSports stadium ... not having researched enough to know COEX had the MBC studio, and we know how that turned out ....
So I also went to i'PARK which has the kickass eSports stadium, with the OSL wall of fame 'n shit. They were broadcasting Hearthstone, and didn't let me see the offline-qualifiers computer room next door, but it was still absolutely sick, gonna blog some pics when I'm less busy.
I was at a nice restaurant with my host family on the night of the Sonic All-Stars finals so I missed that, but I'm planning to go watch some GSL Code A, and the SKT (HWAITING) v CJ proleague playoffs, both in various places in Gangnam.

Tell me what I've missed!
  • Is Grrr... playing in the current Hearthstone thing? (oh I saw The Marine casting it and felt awesome, thankfully I always found his face very distinctive and easy to recognize)
  • I've been trying to find SuperDanielMan's PC Bang to interview the fuck out of him, but the address GTR posted in the thread announcing it doesn't google maps well, and his web-page is down (lol the last Mumbo Jumbo episode is 4 years old, where he says he doesn't think it'd be a good idea for Boxer to play SC2). Help me wit that shizzle.
  • Also, ever had any question you wish you could ask about esports politics, and oldtimer (foreigner) stories? Imma ask Daniel Lee (coach of like, every foreign pro ever except Draco, ex-owner of eStro), so speak up if you want insider knowledge!
  • Where the good BW shit at!?!?
  • Finally, how on earth could I possibly land an autograph, interview (or even an audience) with Fantasy, let alone iloveoov, Boxer, Sea or NaDa? Gotta dream...
  • Hit me up if you read this and care and are around
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
July 14 2014 16:43 GMT
#1232
http://me2.do/GlDmGNWI thats the adress if its still there... naver maps doesnt mention it though.
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
July 14 2014 16:49 GMT
#1233
On July 15 2014 01:16 bITt.mAN wrote:
Ok guys I'm in Seoul for a couple more days, tell me shit to do. I've visited COEX mall thinking I'd find the Yonsang eSports stadium ... not having researched enough to know COEX had the MBC studio, and we know how that turned out ....
So I also went to i'PARK which has the kickass eSports stadium, with the OSL wall of fame 'n shit. They were broadcasting Hearthstone, and didn't let me see the offline-qualifiers computer room next door, but it was still absolutely sick, gonna blog some pics when I'm less busy.
I was at a nice restaurant with my host family on the night of the Sonic All-Stars finals so I missed that, but I'm planning to go watch some GSL Code A, and the SKT (HWAITING) v CJ proleague playoffs, both in various places in Gangnam.

Tell me what I've missed!
  • Is Grrr... playing in the current Hearthstone thing? (oh I saw The Marine casting it and felt awesome, thankfully I always found his face very distinctive and easy to recognize)
  • I've been trying to find SuperDanielMan's PC Bang to interview the fuck out of him, but the address GTR posted in the thread announcing it doesn't google maps well, and his web-page is down (lol the last Mumbo Jumbo episode is 4 years old, where he says he doesn't think it'd be a good idea for Boxer to play SC2). Help me wit that shizzle.
  • Also, ever had any question you wish you could ask about esports politics, and oldtimer (foreigner) stories? Imma ask Daniel Lee (coach of like, every foreign pro ever except Draco, ex-owner of eStro), so speak up if you want insider knowledge!
  • Where the good BW shit at!?!?
  • Finally, how on earth could I possibly land an autograph, interview (or even an audience) with Fantasy, let alone iloveoov, Boxer, Sea or NaDa? Gotta dream...
  • Hit me up if you read this and care and are around

You could approach Fantasy during the SC2 playoffs. Get there really early and hang out after. You could also message him on facebook.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
July 14 2014 17:09 GMT
#1234
Cool, I've got some Swiss chocolate ....
Also, I was wondering: would it be inappropriate if I made a cheerful with cutouts of Fantasy, Best, Bisu, Boxer, Oov and Coach Park, seeing as Bisu, Best and Coach Park aren't on SKT anymore (but Coach Park would still be there on the CJ side)?
Would it be too off to hark on about BW and layers that aren't there (or at Code A), such as missing Leta, and Bisu on Afreeca?
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5964 Posts
July 14 2014 17:24 GMT
#1235
Forget Fantasy, Hiya is the best mouth breather.

If you get to interview SDM:
What's your occupation nowadays?
Do you watch e-sports? Which games?
What do you think about the current Sospa scene?
Which BW game is your all time favourite?
FBH #1!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
July 14 2014 18:07 GMT
#1236
On July 15 2014 02:09 bITt.mAN wrote:
Cool, I've got some Swiss chocolate ....
Also, I was wondering: would it be inappropriate if I made a cheerful with cutouts of Fantasy, Best, Bisu, Boxer, Oov and Coach Park, seeing as Bisu, Best and Coach Park aren't on SKT anymore (but Coach Park would still be there on the CJ side)?
Would it be too off to hark on about BW and layers that aren't there (or at Code A), such as missing Leta, and Bisu on Afreeca?

I would be holding a Bisu cheerful so it's okay.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
July 14 2014 18:36 GMT
#1237
Poll: What harrass unit is most difficulty to play against?

vultures/mines (66)
 
56%

mutalisks (18)
 
15%

reaver (7)
 
6%

science vessels (6)
 
5%

dark templar (6)
 
5%

hight templar (6)
 
5%

lurkers (4)
 
3%

other (explain) (4)
 
3%

117 total votes

Your vote: What harrass unit is most difficulty to play against?

(Vote): vultures/mines
(Vote): science vessels
(Vote): reaver
(Vote): dark templar
(Vote): hight templar
(Vote): lurkers
(Vote): mutalisks
(Vote): other (explain)

ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-14 18:57:22
July 14 2014 18:56 GMT
#1238
The answers to that poll would differ a LOT depending on the player's race lol.
I don't see Zergs answering Lurkers for example. I'm Terran so I'll probably say Mutalisks.

Either Mutalisks or really good reaver usage because I'm kind of allergic to missile turrets. I'll go ahead and answer Muta for the poll though since it's far more common.
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
July 14 2014 20:42 GMT
#1239
I wanna play iCCUP but latency is so low there. It goes up to 300 soon after i relog.

Dont find many games at all in joinlist. I cant create games cuz people cant join me they say.
When i actually get into a game the ping is as i said 300 so the latency isnt the greatest but still playable.

Anyway to fix this?
Really wanna play broodwar.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19393 Posts
July 14 2014 21:29 GMT
#1240
Guess the baby.
[image loading]
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 523 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 481
ZZZero.O 153
Hyun 142
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
League of Legends
Doublelift4075
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 425
KnowMe213
Livibee200
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• Adnapsc2 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1300
Other Games
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur568
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 37m
Patches Events
15h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 37m
OSC
23h 37m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.