• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9283 users

BW General Discussion - Page 35

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 522 Next
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
February 08 2014 09:39 GMT
#681
Will Sayle be casting for Fix Starleague Ro16 Group A ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
February 08 2014 22:51 GMT
#682
On February 08 2014 18:39 Sawamura wrote:
Will Sayle be casting for Fix Starleague Ro16 Group A ?

He cast it live.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
February 09 2014 18:19 GMT
#683
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.
McRatyn
Profile Joined January 2013
Poland901 Posts
February 09 2014 19:14 GMT
#684
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.


I'd say "Read. Awaiting launch orders"
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
February 09 2014 21:20 GMT
#685
On February 10 2014 04:14 McRatyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.


I'd say "Read. Awaiting launch orders"


Oh please let me not have been this wrong all these years.
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5929 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-09 21:38:51
February 09 2014 21:38 GMT
#686
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.

Wraith awaiting launch orders. + Show Spoiler +
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_unit_quotations
FBH #1!
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
February 09 2014 21:57 GMT
#687
On February 10 2014 06:38 Peeano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.

Wraith awaiting launch orders. + Show Spoiler +
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_unit_quotations


Thanks!
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
February 09 2014 22:55 GMT
#688
On February 10 2014 04:14 McRatyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.


I'd say "Read. Awaiting launch orders"

Probably "Lace mating lunch orders"
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
McRatyn
Profile Joined January 2013
Poland901 Posts
February 10 2014 00:22 GMT
#689
On February 10 2014 07:55 traceurling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 04:14 McRatyn wrote:
On February 10 2014 03:19 Heartland wrote:
Does the Wraith say "Wraith awaiting launch orders" or "Greet the waiting launch orders"?

I've seriously wondered for 10+ years.


I'd say "Read. Awaiting launch orders"

Probably "Lace mating lunch orders"


I'm laughing deep inside.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 10 2014 05:26 GMT
#690
On February 05 2014 14:19 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 07:54 BigFan wrote:
On February 05 2014 07:06 sheaRZerg wrote:
What is with all of the 2v2 hunters tournaments in the smallvods thread all of a sudden? I wasn't around when 2v2 was in proleague. Was hunters a staple back then?

hunters is best 2v2 map To answer your question, I assume it was but someone more knowledgeable would be able to confirm

no, it isn't

hunters being in PL was a huge reason of why 2v2 stopped being played too as every game was essentially the same and people got bored fast

if you want an actually good 2v2 map then there is Iron Curtain


best 2v2 map was the one with the disruptor web, where every terran went SCV rush

until it got lame
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 10 2014 06:03 GMT
#691
Anyone have Mist 1.0?
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
fearthequeen
Profile Joined November 2011
United States788 Posts
February 10 2014 07:14 GMT
#692
On January 31 2014 10:21 KDot2 wrote:
I know theres a few units that aren't seen in competive play. I know one is the scout. Which other units aren't used in any matchups ?

stork vs koll wcg 2009 semifinal game 2
i realize its rare just thought it'd be fun for those who haven't seen that game
NAKR`flying
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
February 10 2014 08:09 GMT
#693
On February 10 2014 16:14 fearthequeen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 10:21 KDot2 wrote:
I know theres a few units that aren't seen in competive play. I know one is the scout. Which other units aren't used in any matchups ?

stork vs koll wcg 2009 semifinal game 2
i realize its rare just thought it'd be fun for those who haven't seen that game

Moderator。◕‿◕。
AleXoundOS
Profile Joined January 2011
Georgia458 Posts
February 10 2014 19:56 GMT
#694
3 days ago White-Ra uploaded a video called "my training game BW game! feel dynamics in comparison with SC2!"
He also commented: "yeah I very miss BW"
+ Show Spoiler +
And made a poll in a russian facebook clone: "which starcraft do you prefer?". Most number of votes are given to bw up to this moment.
https://bwapi.github.io - An API for interacting with Starcraft: Broodwar (1.16.1)
Potling
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway298 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-11 19:31:27
February 11 2014 19:27 GMT
#695
So I started playing in windowed mode as the only way to prevent crashes, but the game lags a bit (frame skipping). I have a decent computer with Phenom II X4 and NVIDIA 9400GT. Is this really not enough to run windowed-mode BW? Are there any tweaks that may work or do I just need a newer graphics card?

If I can't stop the lag my last resort will be dual-booting Windows XP
dr.shrinker
Profile Joined June 2009
Norway369 Posts
February 11 2014 21:18 GMT
#696
On February 12 2014 04:27 Potling wrote:
So I started playing in windowed mode as the only way to prevent crashes, but the game lags a bit (frame skipping). I have a decent computer with Phenom II X4 and NVIDIA 9400GT. Is this really not enough to run windowed-mode BW? Are there any tweaks that may work or do I just need a newer graphics card?

If I can't stop the lag my last resort will be dual-booting Windows XP


Have you tried running it with Windows XP (SP3) compability? I had the same issue a few years back, but I can't remember how I solved it.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-11 21:40:55
February 11 2014 21:31 GMT
#697
Finally watched the RO32 group of death.+ Show Spoiler +
Bisu just destroying Jaehoon in winner's match. Sea being such a baller and expanding like a madman with every attack he does. Such an awesome game! Glad that he advanced to RO16.


On February 05 2014 14:19 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 07:54 BigFan wrote:
On February 05 2014 07:06 sheaRZerg wrote:
What is with all of the 2v2 hunters tournaments in the smallvods thread all of a sudden? I wasn't around when 2v2 was in proleague. Was hunters a staple back then?

hunters is best 2v2 map To answer your question, I assume it was but someone more knowledgeable would be able to confirm

no, it isn't

hunters being in PL was a huge reason of why 2v2 stopped being played too as every game was essentially the same and people got bored fast

if you want an actually good 2v2 map then there is Iron Curtain

was it? well, that's disappointing lol. Hunters and FPM are the two maps that I recall were played the most on USWest from way back.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
February 11 2014 21:53 GMT
#698
On February 12 2014 04:27 Potling wrote:
So I started playing in windowed mode as the only way to prevent crashes, but the game lags a bit (frame skipping). I have a decent computer with Phenom II X4 and NVIDIA 9400GT. Is this really not enough to run windowed-mode BW? Are there any tweaks that may work or do I just need a newer graphics card?

If I can't stop the lag my last resort will be dual-booting Windows XP

Try disabling vsync on your graphics card. Just google your graphics card + "disable vsync".
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
February 12 2014 16:27 GMT
#699
According to this photo Ample got married. This is off Kim Tae Yeong's (Ample's) facebook page.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 12 2014 16:29 GMT
#700
^ good stuff!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 258
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 228
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 42
Bale 34
ZergMaN 18
Noble 16
NotJumperer 10
Icarus 7
yabsab 7
League of Legends
JimRising 650
Other Games
summit1g11098
Sick189
Nina90
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1256
• Lourlo1048
• Stunt574
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 16m
Replay Cast
16h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.